good paintball gun for a decent price?

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I just played paintball for the... fourth time evah this Sunday and it was a shitload of fun. However, the other team DEMOLISHED us, because the majority of my teamates were using rental guns, including myself. I want to get into paintball, so could anyone recommend any decent paintball guns for decent prices?

it depends on the price point you have set. the best thing to do is go to www.pbnation.com and look on there. the people in the forums there are nice, and can give you better reccomendations then anyone on here probably. no offense to anyone.

If you want electronic (with ramping and such), an ion would be the best bet. I think they go for $190ish now. If you want something more reliable that can take some punishment, a mechanical , just about anything from tippman. The custom 98s start at like $130 and are usually what places use as rentals because of there reliability. Tippmann a5s start at $200ish. Make sure you get an electronic hopper too. And if the other team demolished you its because you suck, not because you were using rentals. You could put a rental in the hands of a good player and he'd still whoop you.

[quote name='GBmanNC']If you want electronic (with ramping and such), an ion would be the best bet. I think they go for $190ish now. If you want something more reliable that can take some punishment, a mechanical , just about anything from tippman. The custom 98s start at like $130 and are usually what places use as rentals because of there reliability. Tippmann a5s start at $200ish. Make sure you get an electronic hopper too. And if the other team demolished you its because you suck, not because you were using rentals. You could put a rental in the hands of a good player and he'd still whoop you.[/quote]

I'd have to disagree with you. It's not because I'm not a good player. Sure, of course, they are a hell of a lot better then I am, but when my gun could barely reach members of the other team at pretty close distances, then it becomes reliant on the gun.

[quote name='linkpwns']I'd have to disagree with you. It's not because I'm not a good player. Sure, of course, they are a hell of a lot better then I am, but when my gun could barely reach members of the other team at pretty close distances, then it becomes reliant on the gun.[/quote]
If you were all chronoed at the same speed, the ball is going to go the same distance.

[quote name='GBmanNC']If you were all chronoed at the same speed, the ball is going to go the same distance.[/quote]

But we weren't

I have an Autococker Scenario Series kit that I shot less than 100 rounds out of if you are interested. Autocockers are one of the top guns. Shoot me a PM.

[quote name='GBmanNC']If you want electronic (with ramping and such), an ion would be the best bet. I think they go for $190ish now. [/quote]

I second this. I've caught alot of shit for using a "tupperware noob cannon" but it performs very well, and I havent regretted it once. Under 200$, about 300$ once I put the lucky 1-2-3 upgrade kit and laser eyes, blackout screw kit, QEV and barrel insert into it.

Img_0107.jpg

[quote name='GBmanNC']If you were all chronoed at the same speed, the ball is going to go the same distance.[/QUOTE]

Rentals rarely get serviced, so I don't doubt the OP here.

Some good advice here. (key word some)

What is a "good price" may I ask?

You demand new or want used?

Give us some more details..You want or even concerned with how much paint you throw or are you more of a how accurate type of person? I always think its best to start with a mechanical marker (not necessarily a tippman they are terribly inefficient). Once you decide you like the game you can get an electro and you will always have that reliable old mechanical to go back on.... and believe me no matter how much you spend on a gun,tank,loader etc. You at some point will have to go back to the backup marker due to some unforeseen happening.

Also realize that once you start this hobby it will potentially get more and more costly, especially if you are a keep up with the Jones type of person.

And not to bash on the guy above me... how long does it take to field strip that gun? Ions are beginner guns as simple as that. They need quite a bit out of the box to get them up to a "tourney level" and most people end up changing guns after they get them to that level... the resale on an ion is in the dumps. Op if you decide on an ION get a used one, you will save a ton of money.

[quote name='opterasis']I second this. I've caught alot of shit for using a "tupperware noob cannon" but it performs very well, and I havent regretted it once. Under 200$, about 300$ once I put the lucky 1-2-3 upgrade kit and laser eyes, blackout screw kit, QEV and barrel insert into it.

Img_0107.jpg
[/quote]

I'm assuming you don't play in the woods with that? Why do they make it bright blue? Man, this thread is bringing up memories of people turning up the FPS to illegal heights and welting the hell out of each other. There was even one jackass who froze his paintballs one time.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I'm assuming you don't play in the woods with that? Why do they make it bright blue? Man, this thread is bringing up memories of people turning up the FPS to illegal heights and welting the hell out of each other. There was even one jackass who froze his paintballs one time.[/quote]

Naw, I don't play woodsball very often. They do have a decent camo body kit for ions though.

Well, good price is less than 200 or around therefor me. I don't really want to spend more than 250, but spending 200 in the first place makes me hesitant. 175 is a comfortable price. I'm not looking for the gun for now, but more for by the spring (I plan to go quite a couple of times then). I don't mind if it is used, as long as it still works just as it should. I wo

Ok. When you say $175-$200 is that for the gun / mask / tank / hopper, and other necessary stuff like lubricant, squeege, etc?

Or do you want to spend 175-200 on the gun and then pick up the rest for above the $200?

I would say for woods ball I use a Kingman MR1 and it is around 80-100. It is a pretty sweet and reliable gun I think I went through 10,000 paint balls before I chopped one and it self cleaned with the next round ( I took apart and squeegeed and there was not any thing left of the broken ball.

Well I got my stuff, gun, mask, evil pipe kit, squeege 20 oz tank stock, hopper and a tube belt all for 150 from first call paint ball, i dnot know if they still have it running but Im sure they have other packs

[quote name='Lsgun1']I have an Autococker Scenario Series kit that I shot less than 100 rounds out of if you are interested. Autocockers are one of the top guns. Shoot me a PM.[/quote]

lol...:roll:

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Well I got my stuff, gun, mask, evil pipe kit, squeege 20 oz tank stock, hopper and a tube belt all for 150 from first call paint ball, i dnot know if they still have it running but Im sure they have other packs[/QUOTE]

Glad thats working out for ya! Seriously.

I also have an electronic piranha that I am going to be getting rid of soon. They are a good beginner gun, easy as ever to clean and this ones like new. I have a new delrin bolt, on/off, drop froward, as well as all the stock parts. It has a regulator and will use either compressed air/Nitro or CO2 I would let it go very cheap. Its titanium blue. I just bought my third Fusion and will be making the new Gold Fusion my backup marker. The piranha I have has the all aluminum frame and trigger (this trigger was only made for 1 year). I would say it would hit 11 balls per second or thereabouts maximum. Takes 1 9 volt, and has the rubber grips. I have other parts that could optionally come with it if interested and could even throw in a basic mask.

If your not interested no problem, but still keep us informed. I love the sport have played it for close to 9 years now. When I hear someone else get involved int he sport I get me excited for them.

Are you looking for a flashy gun, or a stealthy type gun? Have you played woods ball, or just speedball? Do you have a preference of what you will play mostly woods or speedball?

[quote name='opterasis']Boooo I have a spyder as a backup :([/QUOTE]

Well the good thing that can be said for the spyders and piranhas is normally THEY dont need to be backed up!

And my woodsball gun is in my avatar!

[quote name='Snake2715']

I would say it would hit 11 balls per second or thereabouts maximum. Takes 1 9 volt, and has the rubber grips. [/quote]

Damn, 11 balls a second (and I'm sure it goes even higher).. things have changed since I last played fifteen years ago!!! Is it the electric feed that lets you release these incredible barrages?

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Damn, 11 balls a second (and I'm sure it goes even higher).. things have changed since I last played fifteen years ago!!! Is it the electric feed that lets you release these incredible barrages?[/quote]

My ebladed autococker can hit 20 bps. Yeah hopper technology has allowed guns to get pretty quick.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Damn, 11 balls a second (and I'm sure it goes even higher).. things have changed since I last played fifteen years ago!!! Is it the electric feed that lets you release these incredible barrages?[/QUOTE]

Yeah 11 bps is really close to what a person can pull without using the electronic board to ramp (multiply) their pull speed. The guns I am running now come stock at 25 BPS from the factory and can easily do that, that is if you have a loader in the $120-$200 range that can keep up!

I turn my ramping off all the time. I mean when you play a tournament or an all weekend game like I play at www.hellsurvivors.com (~4000 people in two days!). I simply cant afford the paint. I drop 4 cases ($65 each case) easy a weekend, on top of food, camping, gas, etc. It hits the $500 + range a weekend 3-4 times a summer easy for the bigger games, per each person that comes.

Heres a hopper in about 10 seconds flat on youtube out of a fusion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgALNosKllo

And heres a hopper (~125-150 balls) in just under 5 seconds on this fusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNvDhiQlMc8

Keep in mind thats full auto at 25 bps if his hopper can keep up, many can't even though they claim to.

The sickest part is the price of the guns have come down a lot. You still get your angels etc that run $1000-$2000 but there are some new manufacturers that are just rocking the industry with nice looks, beyond great customer service, and an awesome quality guns that can keep up with any big boys at $300-$400. On top of that you were able to get limited runs (50-100 of each color)with lifetime warranty's, and those custom colors for the $450 price last year (they are all sold now)

Used you are looking at $250 on the low end of the Fusions.

Gotta love the sport as its my favorite hobby, above games, cars, etc. But it gets expensive quick.

As you know the other end of it is you can pick up a nice entry level gun, that will compete in the woods, and do you decent on speedball fields. Pick up a decent electronic loader for

I'd have to say the best place to look for paintball guns is on ebay!
Right now there are guns costing between $99 - $499 (and more!)

For example: Spyder Paint Ball + Vengeance Guns + Accessories w/Bag for only $400 w/ 8 bids.

I find that eBaySweep(dot)com makes ebaying much easier as it is simpler to use. All those products are ebay auctions but just the way its all laid out makes surfing for items more effective. The quicker you are, the better deals you'll find, u know?

bread's done
Back