Good PC game?

sguttmann

CAGiversary!
Any suggestions on a good PC game that I can try on a new gaming laptop I just bought? I'm partial to RPGs...

Depends on whether or not you want online or offline. Also depends on whether or not you're willing to pay each month. If you have the money and want online, there's Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, and Final Fantasy XIV comes in a couple of months. If you want offline, there aren't many RPGs I can recommend, but I have played a few such as: Depths of Peril and Dungeon Lords. There is also Diablo, which I haven't played, but they have a Diablo III coming out soon. ( I really wouldn't recommend Dungeon Lords; it's extremely glitchy and crashes occasionally. ) If you want free online RPGs, there's Fiesta, SMT: Imagine, Secret of the Solstice, and others.

For now before you go spending that cash take a look at my free thread for some RPGs. There are some old school RPGs (JRPGs), some turn based RPGs and Action RPGs (Diablo like clones). If you want to go MMORPG check out that section.

Click the link in my sig for some freeware gems.

When you say you are into RPGs give us an example to better guide you.

Cant go wrong with Titan Quest, Torchlight, or Fate. If you want some MMo action that free to play online look into Guild Wars. Almsot forgot, there is always KOTOR.

If you like Diablo style hack and slash, see the posts above.

If you want a more story/characterization oriented game, I can't recommend the Mass Effect series highly enough. Actually anything by Bioware is good - Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of th4e Old Republic...all of these are excellent. The Witcher is also very good, as is Fallout 3. Looking at older games, Fallout 1 and 2 are good too, and the Deus Ex series pretty much started the whole FPSRPG thing (really great, especially the first one, but dated graphics and all now).

I'm gonna agree with Torchlight and Dragon Age: Origins. Hell, even if you played DAO on a console (if you did, my condolences), you really should check it out on the pc. The game plays so much better on the pc, and on a decent gaming rig the graphics aren't bad either.

Oh, and if you want to dig into some older stuff try out Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2, and Neverwinter Nights 1+2. Each and every one of them are RPG Gold.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']its not an RPG [/QUOTE]
._. ..

I reccomend Fallouts 1-3, Elder Scrolls IV, and Diablo. If you're looking for Online/MMO, there's alot to choose from: WoW, EverQuest I+II, Final Fantasy XI, Warhammer, etc.

Dawn of War 2, C&C 3 (Tiberium Wars & Kane's wrath), Sins of a Solar Empire, Starcraft II in a few days, Dragon Age, Spore, Warcraft III, Dawn of War (Original), Fallout 3, Nexus, Freelancer, Dark Messahia of Might and Magic, Kings Bounty, Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2

Thanks for the suggestion everyone. Maybe I'll dig out some of my old CD-ROMs of the Diablo, Fallout or Warcraft series, or maybe Neverwinter Nights 2. I heard that Sins of the Solar Empire is a good strategy game.

Not big into the online stuff.

bread's done
Back