Good places to meet girls?

Not the internet thats for sure unless ya wanna end up with a middle aged office employee instead of 20/f/TX

Like the blind leading the blind...leading a parapalegic leading a dead horse

I can tell you one thing...Its not here.

In theory, you should be able to meet girls wherever there happen to be people, since they are half the population anyway. However it is the role of the male half of the species to do the meeting part.

In theory, if you make it look like you have money, the rest should fall into place. Because you know....thats what they want (I'm a terrible person)

I'm not trying to meet girls here. I meant in general. Where are the serious replies? There are no girls in the immediate area so I have to go elsewhere to look. Just asking for some ideas.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'm not trying to meet girls here. I meant in general. Where are the serious replies? There are no girls in the immediate area so I have to go elsewhere to look. Just asking for some ideas.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should move from Man Island.

[quote name='MightySlacker']A bar. Only way to make sure they are legal. Stay away from the mall at all costs.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Sadly, these days, a bar isn't a sure-fire method to meet legal aged girls. Fakes are pretty good to come by - and even when they scan it through the scanner, I've seen a few that make it past the bouncers anyway. I've had to turn away from a few girls myself once they told me their age. Seems girls get truthful once they've gotten past the almighty bouncer.

Anyway, as for the OP, it depends on what kinda of girl you're looking for. Everyone that's said that you can meet girls anywhere is true although going to a place where there's a higher concentration is ideal. For a wild time, try a strip club. Don't go for the girls stripping. Go for the girls that go with their friends as a joke or a bachelor party. I've met a few myself this way (but I can assure you that it's not the best way if you're looking for something long term). For bookish girls, go to a library or art show. For a laid back girl, go for a sports bar (the music isn't loud and annoying and easy to have a conversation w/ a cutie and you get to watch sports as well) or a pool hall (warning though - girls that have guys here are most likely bfs so hunt at your own peril!). For a party girl, check out raves (yes they still go there) or a college party (frat, sorority, or apartment). If you live in a spring break state (Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona, check out your spring break honeys at the tourist trap. Honestly though, you can find'em anywhere. I've even hooked up w/ girls I've met at the airport - it all depends on you and how you view opportunity.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Not the internet thats for sure unless ya wanna end up with a middle aged office employee instead of 20/f/TX[/QUOTE]
That's not necessarily true. I'd stay the hell away from chat rooms, but there's plenty of other places online to meet people. Try myspace or friendster or makeoutclub or meetme@hotornot any number of online social circle sites. The best way to meet someone is always through a mutual friend, but if that's not possible, you got to get out there and make some noise. I find a lot of interesting people at Barnes & Noble and other stores where you can strike up a conversation. Try to concentrate on your interests and strengths and go to places that play to them. Churches can be great as well, if you're into that.

Oh and Target. Hot girls love Target.

A bar was a good response, though that depends on your age. A club could work, but that depends if you like clubs (I personally don't). Maybe some live music places, the accoustic guitar type seems to attract a lot of women.

Though I often marvel at how people can go to a place (barnes and noble was mentioned earlier) and meet women. Unless I'm at one of their in store music concerts and see someone sitting alone, I wouldn't have the guts (even then I probably wouldn't).

I don't drink so I don't want to go to bars. Besides the only bars around here are biker/ mountain man type bars. I've been to a few clubs and I didn't find them appealing at all. I don't have any local friends to help me find girls. As for the kind of girl I'm looking for I'd like to meet an intelligent and attractive girl for a long-term relationship. I've tried the online thing but that's never gone too far.

start drinking, start going to bars, turn into a mountain man and/or biker. Other than that, looks like you'll have to either enroll in summer school or start talking to random girls in public.

Or you could try the mental hospital. catch em on the way out. I also hear the prison pen pal system works wonders.

[quote name='Apossum']start drinking, start going to bars, turn into a mountain man and/or biker. Other than that, looks like you'll have to either enroll in summer school or start talking to random girls in public.

Or you could try the mental hospital. catch em on the way out. I also hear the prison pen pal system works wonders.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Collectordragon']I don't drink so I don't want to go to bars. Besides the only bars around here are biker/ mountain man type bars. I've been to a few clubs and I didn't find them appealing at all. I don't have any local friends to help me find girls. As for the kind of girl I'm looking for I'd like to meet an intelligent and attractive girl for a long-term relationship. I've tried the online thing but that's never gone too far.[/QUOTE]

Be more adventurous. Go to another town and meet someone. It might give you an incentive to move. Sounds like you're in a small town or a retirement community if you can't find any similar aged girls around.

[quote name='jaykrue']Be more adventurous. Go to another town and meet someone. It might give you an incentive to move. Sounds like you're in a small town or a retirement community if you can't find any similar aged girls around.[/QUOTE]

I live in a small rural town in NorCal. I haven't met a girl my age around here in over 5 years of living here. I'm thinking that I'll have to move or at least live somewhere part-time to ever meet anyone.

If you're asking about online dating sites, there are plenty you can try. Maybe also try one of the social sites like MySpace.

Beyond that, it depends on what type of girl you're looking for. A church is a great place to meet girls, as well as bookstores and groceries. Sounds silly, but plenty of women I know get hit on at these places (even works sometimes).

[quote name='greendc27']If you havn't met a girl your age in five years it's time to move. How many people live in your town?[/QUOTE]

Around 1,200 or so. I've met girls my age outside of town but not for a while. There was a hot girl working at a mall I went to in SoCal last fall. That was 6 months ago. There's also the fact that the last time I actually asked a girl out was in 1997. Lack of girls equals lack of practice.

If you wanna get laid Myspace...although I found my current gf from myspace and we have been together for 6 months. Maybe at a gym. Just try and take some hobby classes or something...you are bound to meet new people and hopefulyl good looking women.

[quote name='LaMeRz55']If you wanna get laid Myspace...although I found my current gf from myspace and we have been together for 6 months. Maybe at a gym. Just try and take some hobby classes or something...you are bound to meet new people and hopefulyl good looking women.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about the gym and hobby classes. I think the main thing that will cause trouble for me is that I haven't had much social interaction for 8 years. lol

[quote name='LaMeRz55']If you wanna get laid Myspace...although I found my current gf from myspace and we have been together for 6 months. Maybe at a gym. Just try and take some hobby classes or something...you are bound to meet new people and hopefulyl good looking women.[/QUOTE]

Myspace, eh?

Like I said last time college, you will never find a larger supply of women.

[quote name='zion']Like I said last time college, you will never find a larger supply of women.[/QUOTE]

I should be back in school by 2006 or so. I'll be much older than most of the girls though but they will have more experience than me. I'm definitely unique... :)

[quote name='zion']Like I said last time college, you will never find a larger supply of women.[/QUOTE]

college rules for meeting girls... if you havent been on the scene i dont think that the internet is a bad place to start, its certainly not hard to meet people on the internet, but lots of dating sites charge and places like myspace are full of scumbags... otherwise youll be stuck with stereotypical places like a bar, club, gym, hobby class, etc... and if you have lots of guts then you can meet a girl anywhere because, well, they are everywhere, if you see a cute girl in the store or on the street just say hi, who knows where i can go

[quote name='Collectordragon'] I'm definitely unique... :)[/QUOTE]

That's a rather large understatement. You know you don't have to actually go to college to get in on the social action.;)

Find a couple friends at a local place and use them as contacts, the number of your tree hugger tofu eating pals I've met at college is sickening.

Work and School are the best. Before I met my girlfriend I thought of getting a part time job at a restaurant. But the best way is through friends. The more friends you have, the more contacts you’ll make. It’s never too late to start socializing. I was always afraid of what people thought about me, then one day I said F It.

[quote name='zion']That's a rather large understatement. You know you don't have to actually go to college to get in on the social action.;)

Find a couple friends at a local place and use them as contacts, the number of your tree hugger tofu eating pals I've met at college is sickening.[/QUOTE]

You remember me? lol What local place? What friends? :) I don't know any veggie types in the immediate area. I know some a bit further away but I didn't really fit in with them. They were mostly couples close to 30 and older.

[quote name='joby27']Work and School are the best. Before I met my girlfriend I thought of getting a part time job at a restaurant. But the best way is through friends. The more friends you have, the more contacts you’ll make. It’s never too late to start socializing. I was always afraid of what people thought about me, then one day I said F It.[/QUOTE]

Of course when you don't have any friends and you're the only person your age in the area you don't have those options.

[quote name='Collectordragon']You remember me? lol What local place? What friends? :) I don't know any veggie types in the immediate area. I know some a bit further away but I didn't really fit in with them. They were mostly couples close to 30 and older.[/QUOTE]

Remember? With an avatar that flamming it's hard to forget.;)

See the plan goes like this:
1. Meet some people who go to a local college, through work, bars, social events, internet any way you can.
2. Then use said people to locate more interesting people at nearby colleges.

Basically your problem is that the type of people that interest you are difficult to find outside of colleges because they tend to all move to California or become hermits.

[quote name='zion']Remember? With an avatar that flamming it's hard to forget.;)

See the plan goes like this:
1. Meet some people who go to a local college, through work, bars, social events, internet any way you can.
2. Then use said people to locate more interesting people at nearby colleges.

Basically your problem is that the type of people that interest you are difficult to find outside of colleges because they tend to all move to California or become hermits.[/QUOTE]

But how do I meet those people? Keep in mind there's nothing in the immediate area. I have to travel about 45 minutes to have decent options and an hour for everything else. You must not have noticed one of my previous messages but I do live in CA. Living is CA does not always equate being around tons of people, vegetarian or otherwise.

I found it easy to meet girls in the last few months. Here is what I did:

1) Spent 2 months of my life not going out at all and working out constantly. This got me very lean and muscular and I lost 20 pounds.

2) Bought nicer clothes and got a new haircut to complement my new look

3) Got a waiter job in the mall (which helps you meet large numbers of people)

4) Become friends with the right people.

By now, I am able to freely meet hot coworkers, hot customers, and generally anyone else. I am also a member of thefacebook.com, and I actually scored a date off that without ever persuing anyone.

My advice for you is to get yourself out in the open. Nothing good comes from doing nothing.

A town of 1500. Not much to work with. But If you feel that way, I bet you there are others in your town who feel the same way. Make friends with everyone no matter what age they are. They will be valuable contacts. That’s all you can do in a small town.

[quote name='Collectordragon']But how do I meet those people? Keep in mind there's nothing in the immediate area. I have to travel about 45 minutes to have decent options and an hour for everything else. You must not have noticed one of my previous messages but I do live in CA. Living is CA does not always equate being around tons of people, vegetarian or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Ah but where in CA the northern half?;)

I'm talking the big cities here, the rest of the state is meh.

I just think your more important question shouldn't be how do I meet women but more how do meet the type of people I find interesting and the obvious answer is MOVE!:D

I just took a trip to Northern California. Your right not much happening up there. But I can tell you the happening place seems to be Walmart. A part time job there might introduce you to some fine co-workers and people your age.

[quote name='zion']Ah but where in CA the northern half?;)

I'm talking the big cities here, the rest of the state is meh.

I just think your more important question shouldn't be how do I meet women but more how do meet the type of people I find interesting and the obvious answer is MOVE!:D[/QUOTE]

I'm in NorCal. Ever heard of the Donner party? I live near where those fine folks ended up. :D I'm thinking about getting a place in SoCal. That doesn't solve my problem of lack of dating experience. I've had very little experience socializing with girls since high school and I finished high school early. :)

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'm in NorCal. Ever heard of the Donner party? I live near where those fine folks ended up. :D I'm thinking about getting a place in SoCal. That doesn't solve my problem of lack of dating experience. I've had very little experience socializing with girls since high school and I finished high school early. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes the whole donner party thing, hence why I said you dont' actually live in California, you live in a desert that surrounds it.;)

Look at it this way: you basically live in a social shithole and your social skills with women and probably everyone are the result of it. Move, meet some people who make sense, then make a whole crap load of mistakes and soon you will have social skills.:D

[quote name='joby27']I just took a trip to Northern California. Your right not much happening up there. But I can tell you the happening place seems to be Walmart. A part time job there might introduce you to some fine co-workers and people your age.[/QUOTE]

The closest Walmart is 45 minutes away. I've also never seen a fine person there EVER. If you like 'em 100 pounds or more overweight it's good I guess. Where in NorCal did you go and where are you from?

[quote name='zion']Yes, yes the whole donner party thing, hence why I said you dont' actually live in California, you live in a desert that surrounds it.;)

Look at it this way: you basically live in a social shithole and your social skills with women and probably everyone are the result of it. Move, meet some people who make sense, then make a whole crap load of mistakes and soon you will have social skills.:D[/QUOTE]

The Donner party thing didn't happen in the desert it happened in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I live in the foothills of those mountains.

[quote name='Collectordragon']The Donner party thing didn't happen in the desert it happened in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I live in the foothills of those mountains.[/QUOTE]

desert, wasteland same difference. It's a social desertm is that better for you?:D

You shouldn't worry about your lack of social skills. Just as long as you act genuine, decisive, and not like a pussy you should be fine. If you run into a problem just post it here and us CAGers will help.

I’m from So Cal Brea Area (no shortage of girls here). I recently took a trip to Crater Lake Oregon, but made many stops on the way. The reason I say WalMart is happening place is because I stopped at over 20 of them on the way up there. My brother is looking for Marvel Legends figures he doesn’t have yet. The small towns I visited in No Ca was Susanville, Truckee, Placerville, Rancho Cordova, Crescent City, Windsor, Rohnert park. True there are some unpleasant looking women up there but I saw a few. Where is Donner?

[quote name='joby27']I’m from So Cal Brea Area (no shortage of girls here). I recently took a trip to Crater Lake Oregon, but made many stops on the way. The reason I say WalMart is happening place is because I stopped at over 20 of them on the way up there. My brother is looking for Marvel Legends figures he doesn’t have yet. The small towns I visited in No Ca was Susanville, Truckee, Placerville, Rancho Cordova, Crescent City, Windsor, Rohnert park. True there are some unpleasant looking women up there but I saw a few. Where is Donner?[/QUOTE]

Placerville is the closest of that group but it's still about an hour away from me. There is no Donner but Donner Pass, named after the Donner party, is located just south of 80 east of Truckee. I might live in a social wasteland but it's a beautiful place. Here's a pic of Donner Pass.

bloody.jpg

I'm about as anti-social as a human being can possibly get but my co-worker gave me some good advice a while back... don't be afraid to befriend girls who aren't your type (older, stupid, ugly, fat, whatever). She might be able to introduce you to her attractive or more desirable friends and then their friends, and the cycle continues. You may finally meet your match that way.

Plus, girls you don't deem as attractive are easier to approach since they seem less intimidating (in your mind at least).

Go to weddings of family and (or) friends. At least that way, you've sort of been introduced and have a connection with one another... easier then at bars or bookstores. You're bound to meet somone you already know or don't know.

bread's done
Back