Good platformers for PS2

ArthurDigbySellers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I need a recommendation on decent platformers for the PS2. My inlaws are avid gamers and just recently finished Sly 3. They are into the Sly games, Zeldas, Beyond Good and Evil, etc. They aren't really interested in the Jak series (they hated Jak and Daxter) or games that focus on a lot of shooting like Ratchet and Clank.

Can you guys recommend a decent adventure/platforming game that I can get them for xmas? It doesn't have to be great, just something that they can have some fun with.

Klonoa 2 is a worthwhile one if you can find it. It's a little bit hard to find but it turns up in EB or GameStop every few months or so.

Uh, you might as buy a GC, as they are almost as affordable as a game alone. Anyhow, then you can pick up Sunshine and Windwaker.

If you want to stick with the PS2, I'd echo Klonoa 2. There are some great PS1 platformers, but off the top of my head, you can look to the Maximo games, Psychonauts, Rayman series...and from what I have heard....the Tak and Ty series are above average and worth a spin. Good luck to you.

[quote name='whiptcracker']You should have your inlaws at least try Jak 2, which took the series in a completely different direction.[/QUOTE]

I second this. It's not that much of a straight-up platformer, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I'm sure your relatives will as well, unless they're really narrow-minded.

another vote for Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil.

I'm about halfway through it and enjoying it a lot so far. It's a pretty straight forward platformer, with a really rad (and cute) art style. The snowboarding missions when you get to play them are a lot of fun as well. Like another poster said, it is a little hard to find but I sometimes see one pop up at Gamecrazy or EB here and there.

Kya: Dark Lineage
Ty The Tazmanian Tiger
I-Ninja
The Legend of Kay
Maximo: from Ghosts to Glory
Maximo Vs. Army of Zin

All of these are solid games and can be had fairly cheap.

Rayman 2 (for the DC) was the funnest platformer I've played in a long time. I'm not sure if Rayman 2 is on PS2, but I know Rayman 3 is.

Thanks for all the replies! They do have a GC as well and have finished Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine.

They have finished ICO and Ape Escape 2 for PS2 as well. I think I'll be on the lookout for Klonoa 2, Prince of Persia (totally forgot about that one), and i-Ninja for now. That should keep them busy for a while.

My wife and I usually get them the latest Mario Party game for xmas but now that we have a 3 month old, we can't really play with them right now.

Rayman 2 is on PS2, I say go for it.

Scaler looks interesting to tell the truth.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is supposed to be really fun for the price.

dude!

Shinobi and Rygar!!

Shinobi is the freakin man! I've never seen anybody else drown in 2 feet of water!!

must be a ninja power

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is supposed to be really fun for the price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is a great platformer. It loses a little steam towards the end, but the presentation is truly top notch!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i forgot about the maximo games, and second those... hard, but very good.[/QUOTE]

You can probably find them at your local TRU for $10. I know the one near me had about 20 copies. I suppose you can also look at nightshade, but that wasn't really my cup o tea.

More backing for Klonoa 2, i-ninja, and Prince of Persia.

Legend of Kay looked enjoyable from a cat-lovers point of view. ¬ ¬''

bread's done
Back