Good PSP RPG's that aren't ports of PS2 games

sch0oldaze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hey all, I just got a PSP for an early Christmas gift and I am an avid RPG fan. I was wondering if anyone can suggest good RPG's for the system that aren't just ports of PS2 games. It's not that I dont like the PS2 games, it's just that I have a PS2 and don't need 2 copies of a game. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Brave Story isn't a port. It's a Unique Jrpg made for the PSP. It's 15 dollars to download it from the PSN store. Another one is Jean De Arc if you don't mind strategy rpgs and Crisis Core if you're into that.

I heard that Lunar the Silver Star is coming to the PSP. Yea, it is a port, but of a ps1 game. One that can be a little harder to find. It will have a collector's edition, but it doesn't look to be as great as some of the Working Designs CE's.

I would also recommend Dissidia Final Fantasy. I'm not sure if I would exactly call it an RPG, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I haven't touched Demons's Souls since I got it. I also really like the soundtrack.

I'll second Crimson Gem Saga. It's kind of a generic RPG but has it's own charm and I thought it was pretty fun. Also don't forget Persona.

[quote name='keithp']I'll second Crimson Gem Saga. It's kind of a generic RPG but has it's own charm and I thought it was pretty fun. Also don't forget Persona.[/QUOTE]

But Persona is a Ps1 port...

ANYWAY, I recommend Crimson Gem Saga also. Lots of grinding in that game though. You do get hood winked sometimes...

Thanks for all your help. I had seen Crimson Gem Saga but wasn't sure about it. I also was tempted with Persona so I'm pretty sure I'll pick that up. Thanks again.

FF Dissidia has RPG elements even though it's a pseudo 3D fighter. There's also the PSP version of FF Tactics, which is the definitive version of the original PS1 game. Also Valkyria Profile, which although a PS1 port, is A LOT easier to get on PSP.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 will come out later this year on PSP as well.

It isn't original, but if you haven't played Suikoden on the PS1, pick it up on the PSN store for the PSP. It is one of my favorite RPGs and it has aged very well.

There are several collectible card game type PSP games that are good to varying degrees and are sort of RPG-y.

I haven't played the Warhammer Fantasy one. I like the Marvel Comics one although it's pretty complicated. Finally the Metal Gear Acid games are a very unique take on Metal Gear games. Both are very good.

[quote name='Halo05']There are several collectible card game type PSP games that are good to varying degrees and are sort of RPG-y.

I haven't played the Warhammer Fantasy one. I like the Marvel Comics one although it's pretty complicated. Finally the Metal Gear Acid games are a very unique take on Metal Gear games. Both are very good.[/QUOTE]

VS System!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you need any help with that one, I was a semi-pro player of the game back when it was in production from 04-08 so I can answer any questions about it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']VS System!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you need any help with that one, I was a semi-pro player of the game back when it was in production from 04-08 so I can answer any questions about it.[/QUOTE]

I used to play that game. I was pretty bad at it.

[quote name='wolverine81']Jeanne d'Arc[/QUOTE]

Great game. One of my favorites on the PSP. Lots of fun.

Legend of Heroes 1 2 or 3 all 3 are good and about the same :)
Jeanne D' Arc
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Phantasy Star Portable
Brave Story: New Traveler (very fun very short game)
Class of Heroes (if you like these sort of games -- i could never get into it)
Riviera: The Promised Land - Good game
Dungeon Explorer: Warrior of the Ancient Arts LOVED THIS GAME
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - GEtS BORING FAST
Crimson Gem Saga Fun but again VERY SHORT
Dungeon Maker II: The Hidden War

and the game playing right now

ADVENTURES TO GO ..... i got it off ebay SEALED FOR 10, before people caught onto it... not worth the 30 but its worth 10....

Half-minute Hero - It's an amazingly fun and interesting take on the RPG genre.

Yggdra Union and Riviera are both GBA to PSP ports but are solid games. Yggdra is a bit more SRPG.

bread's done
Back