Good reasonably priced earbuds

NeedleInTheHay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looking for some good earbuds to use with my ipod.

Prefer to stay in the 15-25 range unless its an amazing deal

Also I have amazon prime so free shipping could tip the scales towards buying from them. 

I might be the only person you'll find to recommend a budget set, but I've stuck with Spokes for years. The construction quality isn't going to hold up to extreme wear, and I did go through maybe six pairs in a three year span because I wore them to work and had them bouncing around in my pocket, but I've tried quite a few different earbuds and have yet to find any for the same price with great depth. Typically I find buds are either drowned out by mids so the sound is extremely muted, or the highs drown out most of the low end so they sound tinny. Not these. The range is phenomenal with relatively crisp highs and pretty hearty lows. They're not going to envelope you in sound, but they get relatively loud and can maintain that crisp sound.

I might be the only person you'll find to recommend a budget set, but I've stuck with Spokes for years. The construction quality isn't going to hold up to extreme wear, and I did go through maybe six pairs in a three year span because I wore them to work and had them bouncing around in my pocket, but I've tried quite a few different earbuds and have yet to find any for the same price with great depth. Typically I find buds are either drowned out by mids so the sound is extremely muted, or the highs drown out most of the low end so they sound tinny. Not these. The range is phenomenal with relatively crisp highs and pretty hearty lows. They're not going to envelope you in sound, but they get relatively loud and can maintain that crisp sound.
This guy doesn't have any idea what hes talking about, you can tell because hes used a lot of useful adjectives and good examples. lol ;)

Get custom!  

PortableGear_1.jpg

OK,  seriously :)  You want to take a look at

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-287-iems-compared-hidition-nt-6-ciem-added-06-23-13-p-715

My usual low end throwaway/gifts for others is MEElectronic's M6

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038W0K2U/

I literally have like 5-10 around to give to friends/coworkers.  Pretty good sound for what they are. 

The monoprice 8320 mentioned earlier has good review on headfi, tho I've never try them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back