Good third party controller options with a better layout?

bluelark

CAGiversary!
Looking for a new controller for shooters. I hate third party but the Sony controllers suck complete ass for shooters to me. The layout and domed analogs are atrocious.

Right now all I have is like the Afterglow controllers which I hear mixed things about and the Hori FPS Assault Pad (even though it's not the same layout as 360, the stick position and concave sticks seems like it would be much preferred to standard). Only problem with the Hori is I can't check it out in store before taking that jump.

I don't want to spend a lot of money, just something that's good that won't be a shoddy controller or anything. Everything has mixed reviews and it makes me wary which makes it even harder to take a chance on something so far.

I love my afterglow controller. I cant even play a fps without it. Its basically the same layout as the 360 and thats what works for me.

I have one of the RockCandy controllers, it has the same layout of a 360 controller. I have had no problem with it but if you have really big hands then it might seem to small.

This type

Size seems to be an issue I've noticed with a lot of controllers. The Hori one I've been looking at everyone says that it's bigger so it's good if you have big hands although it didn't seem that big in anything I've seen... the standard PS3 controllers are pretty small to begin with. I feel like it's too smashed together when using the analogs together and prefer the slightly bigger and beefier 360 controller even though it's not very big to begin with.

My biggest concerns are mostly durability if it's taken care of. I've heard people saying their analogs get worn out or buttons stop working... but everything has duds. I managed to get two 360 controllers in a row that just stopped working for no good reason (wired and Microsoft controllers, not even third party). It'd really suck to have something like that stop working just out of warranty and all too haha..

[quote name='kit352']I love my afterglow controller. I cant even play a fps without it. Its basically the same layout as the 360 and thats what works for me.[/QUOTE]

This, I've been using one for a couple of years and it makes the layout more like the 360 and makes the triggers better as well. It works much better for me on the PS3 then the standard controller (it has no motion features though if you play anything that uses them).

Power A - Arkham City [identical to the preferred XB360 controller layout]

though not officially licensed, and also requires a usb slot for the dongle.

solved.

bread's done
Back