good tv for cheap?

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
so this does apply to gaming, since I can't play ME2 on my current tv unless I sit 2 feet away (can't read subtitles. aargh).

anywho, I am looking for a new TV. Something under 350, between 32 and 40 inches. Anyone have a good model to suggest or a place to check out (websites included)? the cheaper the better, and I don't mind a refurbished one if it is a good model.

Really helpful if anyone can suggest models that are worth the cash.

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']bestbuy or amazon warehouse[/QUOTE]

i have been looking at best buy, but its hard to make a decision on something that I am not sure if the brand is worth the cash. thanks though, will check out amazon

[quote name='coolrust']i would also check frys if you have one nearby.[/QUOTE]

sadly, no frys around western pa. thanks!

[quote name='Cheel']If you can get to microcenter, I just snagged a 40" philips LED for $320 refurb. Loving this tv.[/QUOTE]

where are you at that there are these "microcenter" stores?

Bought my Westinghouse 32" LCD from Best Buy for $279.99 + tax years ago and it's been rock solid. Use it every night, gaming or not, and it works great. Puts out a 1080p picture but at 60 Hz. Pretty typical for 32 inches, though.

Anyways, I put in a nomination for Westinghouse. Usually found anywhere and they're usually cheaper than the big name brands.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Bought my Westinghouse 32" LCD from Best Buy for $279.99 + tax years ago and it's been rock solid. Use it every night, gaming or not, and it works great. Puts out a 1080p picture but at 60 Hz. Pretty typical for 32 inches, though.

Anyways, I put in a nomination for Westinghouse. Usually found anywhere and they're usually cheaper than the big name brands.[/QUOTE]

hey thanks! I will look into that. Wasn't sure about westinghouse, but seems to be a good reliable and cheap brand.

I am going to be honest with you. I have an Insignia 40" lcd tv i got @ best buy like 4 yrs ago now and this is one of the best TV's I have ever had. 40" 1080i but only 60hz. 4 hdmi ports, 2 comp, 1 cable in, etc etc.I have had ZERO issues with this tv and will gladly buy another Insignia product tv anyday. Bestbuy's house brand is really a good value and quality, so don't be afraid to give it a chance.

Also, this is my one and only tv so it gets about 12+ hours of use a day between tv and gaming. For that much use over the time frame I have had it so far, I personally think that is awesome. I had a Sony 32" that took a crap after 1 yr of very minimal use.

I purchased a $300 32" Sanyo LCD for my father a few years ago, just as something he could throw in the bedroom. It's actually a relatively solid TV. It's got a nice picture and the speakers are surprisingly good. The biggest problem with cheap TV's isn't necessarily the picture, but the speakers (assuming you don't have surround or a sound bar). You have to do some research to find ones that are adequate as most just cram crappy tiny speakers in them and they sound terrible.

Also, there are Microcenters all around the country. The only problem is there are like 20 total stores. Here is their website - http://www.microcenter.com/

TCL is the name that usually comes up for quality low price TVs; they make a lot of Samsung's TVs so it's basically a Samsung LCD screen. They do cheap out on the speakers, but for the price it's the best looking TV you are going to find. 39" model for $329 or 32" for $249, check the reviews on Amazon and a detailed comparison of the models.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007E80K4M

[quote name='donkeydrop']TCL is the name that usually comes up for quality low price TVs; they make a lot of Samsung's TVs so it's basically a Samsung LCD screen. They do cheap out on the speakers, but for the price it's the best looking TV you are going to find. 39" model for $329 or 32" for $249, check the reviews on Amazon and a detailed comparison of the models.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007E80K4M[/QUOTE]

My parents bought a Toshiba 32" LCD for their bedroom at Best Buy for $249.00 only months before I bought my Westinghouse. Steal of a deal. Only puts out a 720p picture, but to be honest, there isn't an incredible difference between 1080p and 720p at 60hz on a 32" TV. There is a difference, but not a black/white difference.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I have Vizio TV's and they have been great. My main is on for about 8-10 hours per day for the last 4+ years without a problem.[/QUOTE]

I can attest to this. We've got 2 of them and they are awesome. One is a 39" and the other is a 32" and they are spectacular.

I was shopping for TVs for my sisters this weekend and I actually found the best deal at Best Buy (even with the taxes). So while Amazon works 99% of the time, always check around. :)

EDIT: Also, the TVs were only 24", so it wouldn't be any good to tell you about them OP. :p

bread's done
Back