Good Wii game for a 3 year old?

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
so i'm looking to get my 3 yr old cousin a wii game for xmas. he and his parents play a good amount of wii sports and wii fitness, so i'm looking for a game with a buncha mini games that are played with actual movements rather then with a controller (since i don't think my cousin is old enough to start playing that kind of game yet). so any suggestions?

Actually, Dora saves the Snow Princess (for girls) and the two Go, Diego, Go! games (for boys and girls) are fairly easy to control with the wiimote for 3-year olds.

[quote name='kilm']
Maybe this question would be better served in the Wii forums
[/QUOTE]

Agreed - I just moved it there.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']All Wii games are aimed at the three-year-old demographic, so you should be good to go with any of them.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, sure, like Resident Evil 4, or maybe Manhunt 2? Or perhaps Madworld or No More Heroes?

Seriously, though, you may want to consider Wii Music. It isn't the greatest game but I could see a 3 year-old having fun making the sounds. It isn't really a game though - however, you might be able to find it nice and cheap at Blockbuster ($9.99 for a used copy and they often come complete and in excellent condition). I got one that I was thinking of letting my 2 year-old play around with.

3 is definitely too young for NSMB or Mario Galaxy, though they would probably have fun just running Mario around in SMG. Same with Mario Kart - not great as a game for a 3 year-old, but good for messin' around.

I agree with the Dora, Diego, and Kai lan games. 2K did an excellent job making fun and very easy controlling games for children. My daughter loves the Dora and Diego games.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']All Wii games are aimed at the three-year-old demographic, so you should be good to go with any of them.[/QUOTE]

I say Madworld. What better way to teach your children that profanity and sodomization by large metal spikes are awesome than that?

[quote name='io']Agreed - I just moved it there.

Oh, yeah, sure, like Resident Evil 4, or maybe Manhunt 2? Or perhaps Madworld or No More Heroes?

Seriously, though, you may want to consider Wii Music. It isn't the greatest game but I could see a 3 year-old having fun making the sounds. It isn't really a game though - however, you might be able to find it nice and cheap at Blockbuster ($9.99 for a used copy and they often come complete and in excellent condition). I got one that I was thinking of letting my 2 year-old play around with.

3 is definitely too young for NSMB or Mario Galaxy, though they would probably have fun just running Mario around in SMG. Same with Mario Kart - not great as a game for a 3 year-old, but good for messin' around.[/QUOTE]

Instead of Galaxy I'd recommend grabbing Super Mario 64 off of the virtual console. A few less bottomless pits to contend with on that one.

Wii Music could be an amusing toy for kids, probably. 3 is really young...maybe Raving Rabbids TV Party.

[quote name='maximumzero']Instead of Galaxy I'd recommend grabbing Super Mario 64 off of the virtual console. A few less bottomless pits to contend with on that one.[/QUOTE]

Mario 64? For a three year old? Seriously? :whistle2:s

I picked up JumpStart Pet Rescue for my little guy because it was one of the only Early Childhood games available for Wii. He seems to like the idea of it more than actually playing with it. I have to work the remote but he watches and we talk about what's happening. To be honest, I was pretty upset to see how shoddy the game was. The graphics are terrible, the frame rate is noticeably bad, and the controls are sometimes frustrating. It was $40, too. I applaud the effort made with regard to the content within the game, but the presentation really is pathetic. There's no reason to be lazy just because it's a game for toddlers.

'Cube Daddy;6608442]I picked up JumpStart Pet Rescue for my little guy because it was one of the only Early Childhood games available for Wii. He seems to like the idea of it more than actually playing with it. I have to work the remote but he watches and we talk about what's happening. To be honest said:
That is just the sad fact of being the best selling console. The Playstation and Playstation 2 had the same problems. Shoddy shovelware overflowing the store shelves. :cry:

[quote name='perdition(troy']real life toys and interaction.[/QUOTE]
Try reading the post instead of just the title. It's not the OP's kid, it's a cousin.

It wasn't a request for parenting advice.

well thanks for all the input over the last few days guys. i'm thinking of narrowing it down between go diego go!, wii sports resort, and wii fit plus. only question is does wii fit plus have a good amount of games in it like the original did?

Wii Fit Plus includes all the games of the original one plus 15 or so more.
However, I don't think this or Wii Sports Resort will be much fun for a 3-year old (they'll be fun for his parents, though). Of course all children develop on different schedules but in general I'd say a 3-year old doesn't have the fine motor skills required for either of these games. Diego, on the other hand, is very forgiving with respect to the controls and its contents is appropriate for/geared towards young kids.

I started my son on the Lego games at three. He is now four and is pretty good at them. He also likes Mario Kart.

The Diego game is really good for that age also.

[quote name='NoMaadic']Am I the only one that thinks that a 3 year old may be a little young for video games?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the kid. Certainly age appropriate games should only be played. Everything in Moderation. :D

[quote name='basketb']Wii Fit Plus includes all the games of the original one plus 15 or so more.
However, I don't think this or Wii Sports Resort will be much fun for a 3-year old (they'll be fun for his parents, though). Of course all children develop on different schedules but in general I'd say a 3-year old doesn't have the fine motor skills required for either of these games. Diego, on the other hand, is very forgiving with respect to the controls and its contents is appropriate for/geared towards young kids.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. My 4 year old is a demon on swordfighting. :D

Considering the OP has already purchased the game in question (in Dec of last year, even), mayhaps this thread will help out someone else.

My 4-year-old daughter has a hard time with the Wii controller in general, but loves to play Wii Sports Resort and Learning With the PooYoos (VC game). Otherwise, I'd say the DS is a much better console for little hands.

Learning with the PooYoos episode 1 and episode 2 are both great deals at 500 points each. This turned out to be a very good purchase, in my opinion.

I know I'm late to the party but my son (just turned 3 last week) absolutely loves the Carnival games. He mainly plays the basketball mini game because it doesn't require any buttons. He can usually make 3 or 4 baskets in a minute and he laughs like crazy.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves is good for young kids. A couple years ago, my 3 year old cousins really enjoyed playing it. The games are simple, diverse, and fun. It's also nice because older kids can enjoy it too. The multiplayer is also great for parties.

bread's done
Back