Good Xbox 360 games with a lot of replay value and on sale?

ampd413

CAG Veteran
I am looking for some games to get for $10-20 each or less. I just traded in all my old ones and all I have now is Black Ops and Forza 3. Black Ops is a great game and definitely going to keep me busy for a while, but I wanted to know if anyone knew any other good games.

I mostly play RPGs , FPS, and Action Adventure games like: Fable 3, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed. I am looking for games that have a lot of replay value through high leveling, unlockables, upgrades, or hidden stuff to find.

I would prefer them to have Multiplayer too, but if its a huge game like Oblivion I am okay with that.

Games I have played:
Oblivion
Dragon Age
Fable 2/3
Assassin's Creed 1/2/Brotherhood
Sacred 2
Halo 1/2/3/Reach
All Call of Duty

Any help would be great

Fallout 3 is an obvious suggestion if you liked Oblivion.

Gears of War 1 and 2 are great. 2nd has more replay value with Horde mode etc., and you can get all the DLC (bunch of maps and a shot single player mission) for 5 bucks now.

Batman Arkham Asylum is great, and has some replay value with the riddler challenges, challenge rooms etc.

I am sure you can get a used Borderland for around $20. Ton of replay value and you can level up your characters

Borderlands and Fallout 3/ New Vegas are good.

I'd Highly recommend Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, I've easily gotten over 150 hours with them, not to include the 3 books and iPhone game I have for them as well.

Is Too Human worth getting and how long is Mass Effect 1/2?

So far I am thinking of getting:
Too Human
Mass Effect 1/2

Gothic 4
Enslaved
- These two during blackfriday

[quote name='ampd413']Is Too Human worth getting and how long is Mass Effect 1/2?[/QUOTE]

As I've said I have over 150 hours with both Mass Effects, a full Paragon (Good) playthrough on both, and a full Renegade (Bad) playthrough on both, along with multiple partial playthrough (achievements, testing things out) and have all 3 books, which really are great additions to the cannon and are fairly cheap as well.

Each full playthrough, going through both games (start off Mass Effect through the end of Mass Effect 2) took well over 70 hours, I hadn't even completed all of the assignments (side missions)!

My most recent playthrough of Mass Effect 2 was about 38 hours on Renegade, with about 40 assignments done and full loyalty.

Too Human was alright, I didn't get into it enough to playthrough it more then once, but it did have a good levelling system with Game +, it just wasn't my rodeo, attack system was to iffy.

I was not into Too Human. I played for about an hour and had to trade it out. Too....clunky? I don't know.

I'll throw in more votes on Borderlands(might be my favorite game of the generation), Mass Effect 1/2, and Fallout 3. You could probably get all 4 of those for not much more than $60, and you would be set for a long time on games to play.
Plus, based on what you have said, these 4 games just seem perfect for you.
Since you like Dragon Age and Halo, you will like Mass Effect. It's made by Bioware, who made Dragon Age, and it's a space oriented story(which is why I mentioned Halo, since that tells me you at least enjoy science fiction stuff)
Fallout 3 is similar to Oblivion. Leveling, upgrading weapons, customization. Huge game, will such you in for hours.
Borderlands is just mindless FPS fun. Tons of loot to collect. Level up to level 58(level 69 if you get the Gen. Knoxx dlc). Highly recommend.

[quote name='2dmention']you can't get better replay value than pinball hall of fame: The williams collection.

It's around $20, too.[/quote]

+1

I've put 77 hours into Mass Effect 1 with two playthroughs, one Paragon and one Renegade, and you could easily make six different playthroughs with each class, if you wanted to get your money's worth out of it. You could do three playthroughs for the achievements, which require at least three playthroughs to make some of the hard ones (Level 60, Insanity playthrough on main game)

I have 50+ hours into my single Mass Effect 2 playthrough, which includes all the side missions, and all the DLC packs that have come out, which added about 8 hours worth of post-endgame gameplay. I've just started my second one. Same thing for ME2 on achievements for multiple playthroughs.

There's people in the ME2 thread that have made numerous playthroughs, and it's all on the same money investment. I've heard rumors of one or more deals on ME2 on the 360 during BF weekend.

Definately Mass Effect 1/2. On ME 1 get the Platinum Hits version so you get the 1 good DLC for it free. Both games are $20 MSRP on new copies. $40 for over 100 hours of gameplay between both games can't be beat.

Probably a tossup between Borderlands and Fallout 3 for next. Fallout 3 GOTY edition is $35 used at Gamestop, vanilla Borderlands new is $30 MSRP (although its $15 at Walmart,) $27 used at Gamestop. If you have friends online I would go Borderlands. If not, go with Fallout as long as Oblivion didn't drive you nuts with bugs.

Tales of Vesperia is supposed to have a lengthy story and if you for completion it will take you a LONG time. It got very good reviews too if you like Japanese style RPGs

If you're willing to consider downloadable games as well, there are some pretty great XBLA/XBLIG games out there with a great amount of content compared to their cost.

Super Meat Boy ($10 on XBLA) - Tons of content, lots of fun and only 800 MS points right now.

Monday Night Combat ($15 on XBLA) - Expensive for a XBLA game but has a multiplayer component that rivals many $60 games, is a ton of fun and is fairly unique.

Breath of Death VII ($1 on XBLIG) - A great 4-6 hour long RPG and it costs ONE DOLLAR. Doesn't get much more cost effecient than that.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Tales of Vesperia is supposed to have a lengthy story and if you for completion it will take you a LONG time. It got very good reviews too if you like Japanese style RPGs[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring this up being the Vesperia fanboy I am because he didn't mention JRPG's previously, but yes you can easily spend 40-80 hours (or more) on your first playthrough of the game. It is harder to find but you can get a copy on Amazon for about $20-$30.

Lost Odyssey is another great JRPG on the 360 that plays a lot more like FF if that interests you and is also directed by the original FF director. Eternal Sonata rounds out my JRPG recommendations on the 360.

Borderlands (there's 4 classes and tons of DLC, alsot 2.5 playthroughs)
Red Dead Redemption (yeah...huge game...huge, spend 20 hours just hunting)
ME2 (a bunch of classes, paragon/renegade, and lots of DLC as well)
Dragon Age Origins (same reasons, big, lots of classes, different endings, DLC)

Marvel ultimate alliance (gave me two play throughs, and that is without firing it up for the multiplayer)
Spider Man 3 (really enjoyed this one and gave me plenty of play time)

Both of these are fairly cheap, new or used now.

I've actually been playing Too Human again. I don't think I'll ever get the last few achievements I need, beating a level without dying is brutal. I'm roughly 40 hours into my 2nd character though.

In last 2 days, I picked up Need for Speed Shift for $10 (Amazon), Red Dead Redemption $29 (Amazon), Blur $20 (GoGamer) and Halo Reach for $29 (Amazon). Black Friday sales are awesome.

[quote name='screwkick']Fallout 3 is the best $20 you can spend anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Last I saw it was $10 new on amazon. :)

Check out Darksiders if you are into action adventure, you can find it pretty cheap. I'm on my first playthrough right now about 8 hours in and I can't put it down.

The gameplay, art, and story have wowed me. The game makes me feel nostalgic yet fresh at the same time.

Its referred to as a "mashup". I reminded me of fable, phantom dust (look of the game), ninja gaiden, most people compare it to Zelda and GoW and I can def see that as well.

Blue Dragon is a 60+ hour JRPG and can easily be found for under $10.

Tenchu Z is another cheap game that gets over looked all the time. It is an ugly game but it's actually quite enjoyable once you get the hang of the stiff controls. Probably the closet thing to a true ninja simulator.

Conan & Viking are two dirt cheap action games. They're nothing special but by no means terrible games. I'd probably recommend Viking more, the combat is simple yet it never gets old.

I also spent tons of hours playing Skate 2. There's so much to do in that game and even for a non-skater like me it's very addicting. I'm sure it's much cheaper now that Skate 3 is out.

Someone mentioned Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I played through this game 3 times.

I'll second Blue Dragon for a cheap RPG fix. Also look into Lost Odyssey.

Gears 1 and 2 are great. Horde mode adds alot of replayability.

I haven't heard Dead Rising mentioned yet. Multiple playthroughs and a cool story.

bread's done
Back