Goodwill - Rival Schools PS1 1.99

Stoneage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The case is a bit cracked and loose, and it has Hollywood Video stamps on both discs. Can these be Goo Goned? I haven't inspected them too closely.

Also....I always semi-wanted this game for Dreamcast. Is it any fun?

Sincerely,

S

Edit: A couple months back I found Intelligent Qube sans manual for the same price. Is the manual itself an expensive item?

Danke.

[quote name='Stoneage']The case is a bit cracked and loose, and it has Hollywood Video stamps on both discs. Can these be Goo Goned? I haven't inspected them too closely.
[/QUOTE]

NO.

If you try to mess with them in any way it will just screw up the discs.

[quote name='Zennousha']So true about the stickers. I found out the HARD way. Oh Valkyrie Profile :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Ouch

Nice find, great game as well though Project Justice is alot harder to find. I like Rival SChools better.

[quote name='Stoneage']The case is a bit cracked and loose, and it has Hollywood Video stamps on both discs. Can these be Goo Gone? [/quote]

If cautious, it can be done.

I have successful removed/peeled the stickers off the games. I have never tried goo gone to get them off before though.

I've had a pretty good record with removing those things from PS1 games. It's always risky though. One thing I've learned is never try to remove them from Dreamcast games as there is a much higher chance that you'll completely rip the data right off the disc since they are so cheaply made.

Are you asking us if you SHOULD buy it? That's what it sounds like, and if that's true, and you have to debate on a 2.00 purchase I don't think buying games should be your #1 priority.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Are you asking us if you SHOULD buy it? That's what it sounds like, and if that's true, and you have to debate on a 2.00 purchase I don't think buying games should be your #1 priority.[/QUOTE]
No, I bought it. I was just curious about Hollywood Video stamp removal and such.

I've been able to remove Hollywood's rental stickers by using a sewing needle and a hair dryer first heat the sticker with the hair dyer. Then starting from the center push the needle under the sticker and wiggling it around to create an air pocket then cutting the air pocket open and slowly pull the sticker off. Blockbuster stickers on the other hand seem to be impossible to remove.

[quote name='Dazz']Nice find, great game as well though Project Justice is alot harder to find. I like Rival SChools better.[/quote]

I didn't even realize Project Justice was going for so much... I have my mint copy sitting on my Dreamcast shelf!

I want Rival Schools for the PS1 though too just to have the set.

Alternatively, you can use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to rub off the Hollywood Video logo. Of course, the disc will still have the sticker and any security strips embedded in it, but at least you can remove the ugly logo with very little risk at all.

[quote name='Zennousha']So true about the stickers. I found out the HARD way. Oh Valkyrie Profile :whistle2:([/quote]My Valkyrie Profile also has Blockbuster stickers (from an insane yard sale score). I removed the logo using the above method, but there's white security strips hidden under the logo. I've been tempted to try to remove the sticker entirely, but even the remote possibility of damaging the disc (and in this case, a rather high probability) deterred me from it.

But OUCH I feel your pain. I recently ruined a copy of Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter by foolishly trying to take the sticker off just by peeling. Not a BIG loss (got a replacement copy for $7.99) but still a loss.

bread's done
Back