Google+ Invites open

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Edit: Invites closed as of now. Meet back here at this thread when they open back up and we can all share invites.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they open them again, I'd be interested in trying this out. So fucking sick of Facebook. Really hope Google+ stomps a mudhole in its ass.

EDIT: Really liking Google's preview of the GMail redesign.

Google+ accounts are all open to the public for viewing, right? So if I make an account, anyone can find me and read whatever I say/do on the account? No privacy options?

[quote name='kodave']Google+ accounts are all open to the public for viewing, right? So if I make an account, anyone can find me and read whatever I say/do on the account? No privacy options?[/QUOTE]

It's the opposite actually. You can easily hide your profile from everyone.

Also, when you make a post there are options to disable comments or prevent it from being reshared. Another cool thing: Have you ever posted on facebook and realized you mistyped or wanted to change your post? Then you had to delete it and repost it to do that? In google+ there is an option to just edit it. I'm really liking it so far. Can't wait to get away from Facebook. If invites open back up I'll post here again and maybe others can too. I'd love to get a CAG circle going.

Wow, nice. Makes you wonder why Facebook couldn't implement such common sense features. It's about time a new player showed up, it being Google should give them serious momentum, maybe now all everybody that refuses to use Facebook (or is just frustrated with it) will use Google+ just because of the name recognition.

I'd definitely like an invite if you can get a hold of some. How are the URLs to the G+ page? Do they offer personalized URLs? Like your existing gmail account username?

A friend of mine sent me an invite and every time I try to get in the service is full. At this point I might just hold off till it is out as only one friend of mine is on it.

Is there a profile page like Facebook? Can it be customized? So boring in Facebook looking at the same layout, at least let users change button colors and add wallpaper to their profile.

How do the invites for this work? Like, when I get one, do I get more to hand out to other people? I signed up for them to notify me a few days ago, so hopefully I get one soon. Google Music took about 2 weeks for me to get an invite, so hopefully not too much longer than that.

I'm liking Google+ so far, had it about a week now. It's just so "clean" compared to Facebook. Much like Facebook was more "clean" compared to Myspace a few years ago. We'll see how much it catches on though.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I'm liking Google+ so far, had it about a week now. It's just so "clean" compared to Facebook. Much like Facebook was more "clean" compared to Myspace a few years ago. We'll see how much it catches on though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts "Clean". Let's make a CAG circle!

[quote name='Xevious']Another social network site? When will this madness end?????[/QUOTE]

One social networking site to rule them all?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I signed up for that alert on Google's site, they should send invites to people through that, right?[/QUOTE]

Only when it goes public I think. Invites come from people in the beta already.

from what I've read people can still send invites but your invite won't "work" (ie active) until Google allows it. it seems Google is occasionally allowing invites to be valid at set times so they can monitor Google+ growth.

btw I'd like an invite.

I can give out a few invites. Just PM me your emails and I'll send some out. (I'm only going to send about 10)

EDIT: The invite button is gone. I'll invite you guys when they put it back up.

Thanks for the invite! Very much appreciated. If I get any, I'll put the same offer up here for others. Been checking it out, so far so good. I imagine it'll only get better as Google streamlines it. Facebook is fucked when this goes public.

EDIT: I'm currently open for sending invites. PM me with an e-mail addy if you need one.

bread's done
Back