Google maps outdated compared to mapquest- PROOF IMAGES!!

freemoney

CAG Veteran
Ok so this is how I found out they were outdated, I have to pickup my brother at his friends apartment. On mapquest and google maps they both go to different locations. (same street name different location, near each other) So I did satellite view and saw the apartments on the mapquest image and houses on google maps, so I scroll over to the area where the apartment would be on google maps and there is just a field-grass open area...:eek:
Now what I did was scroll a little north on the map and I was looking for if the google maps is truly outdated and look at my screenshots!!

Google outdated
http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/39992/2002012617742181184_rs.jpg

Mapquest updated
http://aycu13.webshots.com/image/37852/2002044884650821503_rs.jpg

yes, because who cares about google's search engine, those damn employees need to spend their time checking for the simplest of changes on the earths surface! What if I take a wrong turn? what if!

Even though it may not be real time google earth is better than mapquest because it has buttons to start fires and earthquakes and alien attacks!

[quote name='Liquid 2']Did you really think they were real time? Get off the internet.[/quote]

I agree, how dumb can the OP be, I mean really.

My mom's house still has the pool and we kocked it down last year!

A mall near me that was redo isn't redone yet!!!! Oh no!!!!

Stupid, STUPID OP.

What a bunch of assholes.

Did you all, in your haste to post such derogatory crap, skip over the part where the OP stated that the directions went to the wrong location. I think that's the main point...sure using satellite images is a poor way to prove the point but does it deserve such a backlash?

[quote name='madnarg']What a bunch of assholes.

Did you all, in your haste to post such derogatory crap, skip over the part where the OP stated that the directions went to the wrong location. I think that's the main point...sure using satellite images is a poor way to prove the point but does it deserve such a backlash?[/quote]

Now now, where's the Christmas spirit?

Did you all, in your haste to post such derogatory crap, skip over the part where the OP stated that the directions went to the wrong location. I think that's the main point...sure using satellite images is a poor way to prove the point but does it deserve such a backlash?[/quote]

yes

Instead of him posting this, he could have fixed it.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/ed...na-us-google&utm_medium=mapshpp&utm_term=edit

Maybe one of those map search engines is pulling images from the past? A virtual "way back" machine if you will. Quick! Search Egypt .. see if there are any huge construction projects going on!

Thanks OP, I have always prefered to use mapquest but all my friends spout the amazingness that is google maps, now I can throw in their faces that mapquest is more accurate ;)

BTW-> for all the people thinking this is a wasted post/etc., I think it is more of a comparison showing us which one is better, not saying that one is/isn't perfect, because of course none of them can be perfect.

You know whats very outdated is the whois network. If I put my IP in there it gets tracked to a doctors office around 20 miles west that no longer exist.

I put water in my freezer.

When I took it out, it was ice.

Thus, I proved ice is cold than water. Update the interwebs!

streakerhn3.jpg

Somewhat related: I just checked out Google streetview. Looks like they've updated it with quite a few new areas (including my neighborhood!). Kinda creepy, if you ask me.

[quote name='lordwow']I put water in my freezer.

When I took it out, it was ice.

Thus, I proved ice is cold than water. Update the interwebs![/quote]

:applause::applause:

[quote name='Maklershed']Maybe one of those map search engines is pulling images from the past? A virtual "way back" machine if you will. Quick! Search Egypt .. see if there are any huge construction projects going on![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Magehart']Even though it may not be real time google earth is better than mapquest because it has buttons to start fires and earthquakes and alien attacks![/quote]

How? That's a new one to me.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Smartass comments aside, Live Search>*

Just try the mobile version once, you'll be hooked. Spoken requests for locations FTMFW.[/quote]

Live Search is great. So is Live mail. Both have really shown a lot of improvement over the last year. A lot of the updates and improvements that I spoke to the msft representative at CES actually came into fruition. Still no IE8, but overall Live is really coming along. I even like Live Spaces. I haven't tried their mobile search since I don't have a mobile device for internet yet, but I will have to when I get one. I hear that Google has a nice mobile page for mobile devices. Still, Live's algorithm search isn't upto Google's level yet. Google still find better and far more relevant results both in image and in regular search. I prefer Live's image search to Google's, but Google's comes out with far better result images. Just try a search of dog on both. On one (ahem Live), you get same the wonderfully ugly dog, while on the other (Google), you get pictures of various dogs and a question asking you to specifiy more perhaps.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Did you really think they were real time? Get off the internet.[/quote]

Are you dumb? you get off the internet

they are not real time, I also changed the title so you can understand it more

[quote name='Bazz']yeah nothing like that is a live feed.[/quote]

I never said it was live feed, read the post!!

Why all the hostility? Obviously it's YMMV depending on the area, but the satellite image that Google provided is ridiculously outdated.

Of course, it didn't warrant a thread but isn't that what the off-topic forums are for?

[quote name='yukine']Why all the hostility?[/QUOTE]
Because he's stating the obvious and commonly known, and acting like he found the holy grail.

bread's done
Back