Goomba's Freebie of the Week #5 - End of the Year Edition

lilboo, you're welcome :) Glad to see someone choose Gunpey. I do believe you're the first on the list to single that one out ^_^ Oh and cool Zack & Wiki character icon near your Wii tag at the bottom. Very cool!

I'm totally with you on the Dreamcast MvC2 fixes hehe. I also could use a bigger apartment =P Quickly outgrowing this one.

Question 1: Knuckles Plushie (Similar to the Sonic one)

Question 2: Most of my old school systems are with my younger bro at my mom's house. So I myself havent gotten to play them in awhile. However when I had access to them I would. My old school systems include:

Regular Nintendo - Not the new style. The "blow me" stlye lol. Dragon Warrior is my game of choice when i dust off that bad boy.

Super Nintendo - Earthbound & Secrect of Mana are still 2 of my favorite games.

We most likely have a old school Atari boxed up but havent seen it in about 10 years.

Thanks

11) James Bond: Agent Under Fire (Gamecube - Complete)

as for classics I have a Genisis, DC, NES, SNES, 2600, N64, and a PS1 and all of them are gathering dust, the DC the least since it was the last one I played.... last summer sometime :)

I'd choose the Goombucks, please.

As far as retro/classic systems...

*Top-loading NES
*boxed SNES
*N64
*PS1

My N64 definitely gets the most playtime. I actually have two PS1s now (boxed-type and PSone) but I rarely play them since my games play well on my PS2. My favorite N64 games are Sin & Punishment, Mario Tennis, and a ton of others.

I haven't played my SNES or NES in years, though my top-loader will probably go to my girlfriend as a present since she has three times the NES games I have (I sold my original NES + game years ago.)

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response) - The 10$ ebay card.

2) Do you own any classic video game systems? If so, do you still play them or are they just collecting dust? - I've had almost every system, but had to sell for some reason :p

This is great that you do this!
1) I'd choose Viewtiful Joe to finally get rid of my suspicion that I would not like it despite all the praise it's gotten.

2) My entry in the gaming console brag-fest:
TI-94/A
Atari 2600 (2)
Apple IIE (this totally counts thanks to Number Munchers and Oregon Trail)
NES - original model
Master System (3)
Genesis (2)
Super Nintendo
PlayStation
PS2
Wii

Most of these are in storage due to space constraints and the fact that emulators exist, however I've been thinking of dragging a Genesis out so I can play Shining Force 2. I do have a Genesis and Master System at my parents' house, so when we visit them I play a lot of California Games, Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiago, Mega Bomberman and Mutant League Football. I do play PS1 games quite a bit, but it's on my PS2.

04) Knuckles Plushie (Similar to the Sonic one)

(Tried for Sonic and failed, maybe Knuckles will give me better luck!)

Hmmm, well how about I list my systems and their usage...
Gameboy (x2) - None
Gameboy Pocket - None
Gameboy Color (x2) - None
Gameboy SP - Some
Nintendo DS - Often
N64 - Some
PS2 - Often
Xbox - Often

I used to have a PS1 and SNES but they've gotten lost in the shuffle all these years...

Don't feel bad tyhana, After all I don't get to pick the winner :) If I did you'd have an advantage with the Evangelion avatar hehe. Good luck with Knuckles!

1: $10 Gift Certificate (Goombucks)

2: I own all consoles, so I'd say I do have "classics". I'd say my SNES gets a fair amount of use; I replay Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and other addictive classics every year or so. 2D gameplay has a certain charm and gameplay mechanics to them that 3D just can't translate very well with remakes or sequels.
None of my consoles collect dust, though - they're all neatly placed in bubble wrap =)

1) I would choose Gunpey DS.

2) Yes, I have a few classic gaming systems that get as much attention as my Wii.

Knuckles Plushie.

The only "classic" system I have is the Snes, which has turned yellow with age and is in a bag under my bed. I can't remember the last time I played it, but I remember it was LttP and that it was a long long time ago.

1) 04) Knuckles Plushie (Similar to the Sonic one)
2) Sega DC, PS1, Sega Gen/CD/32x all hooked up. Occasionally played--most recently was Point Blank (my boy was interested in a shooting game at Chuck E Cheese, but it was a blood-n-guts one, so we played Point Blank at home.)
In the garage is an NES and Atari 7800.
I wish I had or could make more time, there's a lot of great games on each console. I'd love to have the time to enjoy Skies of Arcadia or Vandal Hearts again, and there would be something to be said for whipping out the 7800 and its true backward compatibility.

You the man Goomba, thanks for the contests as always!

15) Gunpey DS (Nintendo DS - Complete) - Didn't know what is was untill I was looking at the prize list for a game on a system I had. I googled it and it actually looks fun I love puzzle games. :D

The only classic system I still have is a NES with Tetris and Ms Pacman. It's been along time since i've taken it down off the shelf though because both those games are very Xbox 360 friendly. All my other classic systems & games have been Ebayed/sold long ago or the cheaper games passed down to my niece and nephew who are new school old school gamers.

1 - 04) Knuckles Plushie

2 - I still own most of my classic consoles, and several of them are set up. I don't really play them often but once in awhile, I'll play something on my NES, Dreamcast, or Saturn.

1) #10

2) Nope. I wish I still had all my old consoles (excluding the consoles with games that work on current systems) but I was told to give it away to smaller kids in the family. I might still have an Atari 2600 somewhere in the house...

If selected, I'd choose the Knuckles Plushie. I have stuffed Sonic and Tails, so this would compliment them perfectly!

I have an original NES, but I don't have the TV hookups or AC Adapter. Otherwise, I'd still play like crazy! I have an original Game Boy that I play, on average, every couple months just for the original GB Tetris.

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response)
I would like the Tony Hawk DS game.

2) Do you own any classic video game systems? If so, do you still play them or are they just collecting dust?
I have an N64 that I play regularly and am buying an SNES tommorrow.

01) Untold Legends (Sony PSP - Complete)

02) Nes, Snes and sega genesis with the sega cd thing. I could still play the snes but I dont, Nes is not really working well and the sega plug is not working.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Since I'm primarily a PC gamer, all my classic games are right at my fingertips, thanks to the magic of DOS Box. (And thanks to the magic of emulation, everyone else's games are there too. Wheee!)

1. Untold Legends for PSP

2. I don't know if Dreamcast is considered retro, but I pull that thing out every 2 months to get back into an arcadey mood. still beats XBLA.

also, I have a Neo Geo Pocket Color I will never be able to part with. Yes, I barely touch the thing now, but the nostalgia value and meaning it has to me is superb.

[quote name='gage006']I'd choose the Knuckles Plushie.

I only own a SNES and 1 game for it. I play it every once in awhile but if I had more games i'd play it a lot more.[/quote]C'mon, you have to tell us what that one game is!

As for me...
1. My pick: Knuckles Plushie (of course!)
2. My old-gen consoles:
I've got a Genesis Core that I've had since... I don't know, 10 years ago?

An SNES, also pretty old but not sure if it's a childhood one or a garage sale one.

A top-loading NES that I for some reason HAD to have and paid $100 for from ebay (this was a good 4 years ago, before I was such a cheapass). I lost the AC plug, and, unlike the slot-loading NES that can use a SNES adapter, the top-loading doesn't seem to be able to.

An N64, got it for Christmas (I think) the year of release (I think).

A Dreamcast that I got from a pawn shop for $30.

A Sega Saturn, ebay, $40. Originally bought this with the intention of chipping it to play burned games, but lost interest right after I bought it. Went to a lot of trouble getting the proper model as well. But I had always wanted one anyway, so it's nice to have.

Playstation (first model).

PS2/Gamecube/DS/Xbox.

Only the DS ever gets any love anymore. Emulators really do make it so much easier to play, even games I own (which is, er, every game I emulate). Want to eventually make an upright arcade cabinet with a computer for guts to play my roms on.

1) I'd take Viewtiful Joe.
2) I've got the Sega Master System I, Sega Genesis I, Sega CD I and 32x. I tested them all over the weekend and yes, they do work, but are collecting dust. My Saturn I still gets a lot of use thanks to Bomberman. I've also got a Game Gear that's on it's last leg as most of the pixels were busted the last time I turned it on. Dreamcast still gets some use, but mostly for homebrew (is that even a 'classic' system yet?). PSX (original) hasn't been touched in years.

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

ive got a nintendo, N64, and dreamcast with a few games but i havent played those in a while.

I would chose Untold Legends (Sony PSP - Complete)....(Need more PSP games xD)

The only system that I have that would be considered old is a Gameboy Color that I sadly don't play anymore.

Oh I am also on Goozex just not often. >.>

1. Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube - GH version)

2. own an original pong,sega master system,nes front and top loader,snes mini,atari 2600 woody and vader,atari 5200,n64 in three flavors of color,sega genesisw/cd attachment,sega saturn,sega dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and an orignial xbox. Not to mention a Pioneer laser disc player, all of which is broken out from time to time and played. They all work and are in mint condition.

1) Knuckles Plush

2) I own 3 super nintendos (1 slim, 2 regular) and a PS1. I really dont play the SNES any more. However I am still active in clearing PS1 RPGs that I never got around to. For instance, right now I am 60 hours into Revelations: Persona.

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response)

Knucles Plushie of course. I love Knuckles.

2) Do you own any classic video game systems? If so, do you still play them or are they just collecting dust?

I have a SNES, and a virtual Boy collecting dust. Lost cables other parts when i moved a couple of times.

I also still have a Sega Dreamcast, I dont know if its old enough to be a classic, but i love it the same. Still play it from time to time. Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and Samba de Amigo

If I won I would chose SSX Tricky (Nintendo Gamecube).

I have:
Atari 800 - doesn't see much action
Gameboy Color - also doesnt see much action
SNES - play once and a while
Genesis with Sega CD and 32X - play once and a while
Dreamcast - still my fav for fighting games
Gameboy Advance SP - use it to play GBC games
Gamecube - play it all the time
DS Phat - play it all the time

smuglittleman, that's funny you bring up SSX Tricky :) I just (not even a minute ago) listed a copy with a BIN on eBay. It's really a great game, and definitely one of the best in the series! It just had a lot of character and the tricks were really fun :) If you don't win consider checking out my eBay store ^_^ Remember that all CAGs get 20% off shipping in my store! Just notify me when checking out to get the discount. Thanks!

Oh and you're right, the Dreamcast really has EXCELLENT fighting games, both in the 2D and 3D genres.

Gunpey

I bought a SNES with a ton of games a few years ago, and realized that I spent way too much and sold it shortly thereafter. I'm sure I have a PS1 lating around somewhere.

I'd go for the "3-in-One Headphones for the DS Lite (includes built in Stereo FM Radio)". The only classic system I haven't gotten rid of is my Genesis CDX, which is still all kinds of awesome.

1) I'd go for option number 4, the Knuckles plushie!

2) I have an NES (the front loading kind) and a gray brick Game Boy, but unfortunately I don't really play them. The NES seems to have some kind of error reading games that I don't really know how to fix, and I never really had many games for the GB to start with, aside from some 64-in-1 thing and Pokemon Red. The battery covery has also disappeared...

I still have all the games and accessories and packaging for the systems, though.

1) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, please! :)

2) I used to have a Game Boy Color, but I think I gave that away to a younger relative... I wish I had started gaming earlier, though I'm glad I get a chance to play some of the older games with VC and all.

1. The $10 certificate

2. Most of them. I especially fire up the N64 to play the great THQ wrestling games. To me, nothing today compares.

Wow, cool thread.

1) I'd choose SSX Tricky
2) I own a GameBoy Color. I don't play it that often because of the no backlight, but I just recently got Mario Bros Deluxe for GBC and I play that on my SP a lot. I also have a Nintendo 64 which has sort of been replaced by the Wii's virtual console.

1) Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Gamecube - Complete)

2) I have an NES and SNES that I tend to pull out every few years and play a while before packing them back up. I also have an old Atari, but that one is just collecting dust.

And I almost forgot....Thanks for having these contests!

1. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter I collect star wars games and have been looking for the game for a while
2. Sega genesis, 3X n64's, Snes, Nes, Dreamcast, 2X xbox's, both styles of psx, 3X GBC, 2X GB pockets, Gba, Gba Sp, GB Micro. and all the newer systems as well with almost 900 games Ive I get this game it will be my 900th game.

Untold Legends

I have an Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Sega Nomad, and N64 if you count that. They all collect dust, I even pretty much gave my sister my PS2 because I don't play that anymore.

Just a reminder guys today is the deadline... ^_^ Good luck to all of you! Full details in my first post along with prize list and so forth. Good luck to all who enter :)

1. I would choose the Knuckles Plushie.
2. I have an NES, SNES, Gameboy Color, SEGA Gamegear, and an N64. I don't know if all those count as "classic" consoles, but those are the older ones I have. I do play my N64 once in a while, but the others don't work very well.

I guess I'd select SSX for the GameCube.

I have an original GameBoy, but the next "oldest" system would have to be a GameCube. My mom unfortunately sold my NES at a yard sale, much to my dismay.

1 - I'd like to Have the $10 Goombucks Certificate.
2 - I still own...
Atari 2600 (I think it's not working)
NES
SNES (Original and Updated Models)
Gameboy (Original and Color)
N64
Dreamcast

Happy Holidays!

bread's done
Back