Goose Island Beer

BLarR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just bought the variety pack last night (Honker's Ale, Indian Pale Ale, Nut Brown Ale, and Oatmeal Stout) and I seriously wish I had instead purchased another 24 pack of Red Dog. Except for the Oatmeal Stout (which is actually pretty decent), I couldn't believe how bad these things tasted. Especially for the price. India Pale tasted like straight up potpourri, I almost gagged. Anyone else experience this box of horrors?

I like Goose Island ok. I ate at their Wrigleyville restaurant last year......bison meat loaf, and I didn't like it to much. But the beer is ok. Not one of my faves, just ok.

One of the older guys that I tailgate with always brings these for himself while the rest of us stick to cheap stuff like Keystones and Coors Light. I bet it tastes pretty good in comparison. ;)

[quote name='BLarR']I seriously wish I had instead purchased another 24 pack of Red Dog.[/QUOTE]

You palate is crap.

Stick with your Red Dog and Beer Nuts.

[quote name='mykevermin']You palate is crap.

Stick with your Red Dog and Beer Nuts.[/QUOTE]

You should proofread before trying to insult someone. I really do wish I had beer nuts handy to rid myself of the disgusting flavor that the island of geese had shat out for my consumption.

No, I know. Your preference for Red Dog is what sickens me. So when you have poor reading comprehension, don't accuse others of needing to proofread.

You evidently don't care for beer with hops, which is a crucial ingredient in beer. You don't like beer, you like "drunk water." It's an important distinction.

Goose Island is delicious. I'm actually drinking one of the India Pale Ales right now. Honker's Ale is fantastic. I haven't had the other two. Different people have different tastes in beer though but I don't know anyone who calls Goose Island bad beer, not even my college friends who drink nothing but Natural Light and Keystone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']No, I know. Your preference for Red Dog is what sickens me. So when you have poor reading comprehension, don't accuse others of needing to proofread.

You evidently don't care for beer with hops, which is a crucial ingredient in beer. You don't like beer, you like "drunk water." It's an important distinction.[/QUOTE]

No idea how you came to the conclusion that I have poor reading comprehension. I guess it'd be smart to just listen to you, despite your total failure at using correct and SIMPLE grammar. Yes, that seems like a genius decision. Almost as smart as your statement that my palate is crap because I upchuck at the thought of drinking something akin to garbage. You should take your self-assessed massive brain and shove it up the "Miller Commissioner's" a$$ where you can discuss how amazing hops and Scrubs are. You're an idiot, people are allowed their own opinions. Jacka$$!

[quote name='ZenTrickster']Honestly, the only thing good out of the Goose Island Brewery is 312 IMO[/QUOTE]

Oh, forgot about that one. That too is good.:)

Haven't tried it.. haven't tried any of the Baltimore beers either, even though the bar on my campus serves them. They're called Clipper City. National Bohemian used to be the semi-official beer of Baltimore... now it's brewed in North Carolina. :(

Nowadays I find myself drinking more Sam Adams (looking forward to the yearly batch of Winter ale :)) than anything.. although I do enjoy my European beers: Pilsner-Urquell, Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, Obolon, etc.

I'm drinking Blue Moon...that tinge of Orange when its ice cold makes a good fall brew.....IMHO of course. I also used to dig Number 9 with its apricot tinge.....course I've also drunk in bars where your on-tap choices were Schlitz or Schaeffer.

When Meister Brau died, my love of cheep beer died with it. Meister Brau..there can be only one.

They still make Red Dog? :lol: That was my first beer in freshman year of high school.

Not sure what to say OP, I like Honker's Ale and 312 a lot. Especially on tap. 312 is my favorite summer beer by far. GI is kinda expensive though, so I usually stick to my guilty pleasure-- old style.

bread's done
Back