Goozex CAG Coupon Extended & Support Continued Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Goozex']
rscaramelo -- I'll check to see if we had any games come to our address. This happened last week and I'm not sure if that was yours. [/QUOTE]

I believe that was mine, it was Front Mission 4. Also, I was matched and sent Enchanted Arms for the 360 (shipped as of the 16th) and it has still yet to arrive. Bleh, I'd much rather have the game then having to drop negative feedback and wait in line again.

[quote name='rscaramelo']I emailed you but I may as well post it here too. I mailed a game to a fellow CAG'er about 2 weeks ago. It should have gotten there by now but hasn't. I sent it USPS First Class, so no tracking. I used the label from your site, so it used the Goozex return address. Have you had this item "returned" or is it lost? How do I handle this?

RC[/quote]

This game was supposed to come to me...I'm giving it a little more time to arrive as there may just be a delay because of all the online Black Friday sales and such, but my guess is it's lost.

This is why I use Paypal shipping with the 14 cent delivery confirmation. It's nice to be able to track your packages. I haven't had one lost yet in 10 years of trading games through the mail.

[quote name='Rictor']This game was supposed to come to me...I'm giving it a little more time to arrive as there may just be a delay because of all the online Black Friday sales and such, but my guess is it's lost.

This is why I use Paypal shipping with the 14 cent delivery confirmation. It's nice to be able to track your packages. I haven't had one lost yet in 10 years of trading games through the mail.[/QUOTE]
You can use PayPal shipping even if you don't receive a payment through PayPal?

[quote name='cheapfrag']You can use PayPal shipping even if you don't receive a payment through PayPal?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think this was possible either.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']Damn! Where is this on the main page?

RC[/QUOTE]
You can't link within paypal's site like that, but log in, go to "Auction Tools" and look under "Shipping and Tracking" for more info. I just tried using it and it worked pretty well, but I forgot to turn off my popup blocker and messed up the printing of one label. I voided it and should get a refund eventually, but I thought this part of the explanation was a little misleading:

Void your shipping label and get a refund for misprinted labels canceled within 24 hours
A casual reading of this led me to believe that I would get a refund within 24 hours, but no. You have to void the label within 24 hours -- the refund takes 15 days, which seems a little extreme.

[quote name='icruise']You can't link within paypal's site like that, but log in, go to "Auction Tools" and look under "Shipping and Tracking" for more info. I just tried using it and it worked pretty well, but I forgot to turn off my popup blocker and messed up the printing of one label. I voided it and should get a refund eventually, but I thought this part of the explanation was a little misleading:[/QUOTE]

ahhh
You do realize that you can reprint the shipping label within 24 hours, right?!

Apparently so, but it was unclear to me just how that worked and I didn't want to end up paying for the label twice so I decided to void it. Next time I can try it the other way.

[quote name='Goozex']Hi everyone...

Forgot to mention this a while back...

Paypal will be on Goozex soon![/quote]

Yay! Thats awesome!

You don't have to void a label. You can go back to your main page and reprint a label if it doesn't print right. I've never voided a label.

[quote name='Goozex']Hi everyone...

Forgot to mention this a while back...

Paypal will be on Goozex soon![/quote]

So how long before Wii games show up? A couple weeks? A couple months? Any ballpark figure? I want to know if I should save up some points or not.

Goozex, I have a question for you about FFXI for PS2, which is 850 points. Are we supposed to include the hard drive for that price or just the game? Can the game even be played without the HDD?

I have 2 sealed copies of this game with the HDD that I'm willing to trade on Goozex, and I was wondering if the site needed a separate listing for the game+HDD (like other games on the site that come bundled with accessories and have separate listings) or if it's just expected that the existing listing is supposed to include the HDD?

Since the game is only sold with the hard drive and can't be played without it (as far as I know), I would say that you are expected to include it.

[quote name='Rictor']Goozex, I have a question for you about FFXI for PS2, which is 850 points. Are we supposed to include the hard drive for that price or just the game? Can the game even be played without the HDD?

I have 2 sealed copies of this game with the HDD that I'm willing to trade on Goozex, and I was wondering if the site needed a separate listing for the game+HDD (like other games on the site that come bundled with accessories and have separate listings) or if it's just expected that the existing listing is supposed to include the HDD?[/QUOTE]

FFXI is a mmorpg anyways...why is it on goozex?

Not sure what's up with their "help". I emailed them a few days ago about not receiveing the bonus credits etc. from the coupon code, and haven't heard a thing. I think at least one of those "we got your email and will be responding soon" replies would have been nice.

[quote name='Rictor']I have 2 sealed copies of this game with the HDD that I'm willing to trade on Goozex, and I was wondering if the site needed a separate listing for the game+HDD (like other games on the site that come bundled with accessories and have separate listings) or if it's just expected that the existing listing is supposed to include the HDD?[/QUOTE]

I have a similar question regarding game/accessory bundles. I was looking at Antigrav, and the only one listed is with the Eyetoy camera. However, Eyetoy: Groove is listed both with and without the camera. Is there any chance of seeing more of these Eyetoy games listed as a game option rather than a bundle? This would seem to make sense, especially since the camera is available by itself, or people may own it from a previous bundle purchase.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']most of my searches aren't turning anything up, am i doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Did you (accidently) selected a specific system?
or
Filter your selection only to available (wanted, etc) games?
If so, click on whatever is being filter to unfilter it (if the xbox icon is highlighted, click on that icon to deselect that filter).

I am just curious... from what I can see, I have to assume Goozex is a US only trade site, correct?

Any plans to expand this to Canada eventually? Sure would love to join the fun :)

[quote name='icewyng']I am just curious... from what I can see, I have to assume Goozex is a US only trade site, correct?
[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

[quote name='icewyng']Any plans to expand this to Canada eventually? Sure would love to join the fun :)[/QUOTE]

Goozex will have to answer that.
BUT personally, my answer would be no.
I don't have anything against Canada or anything.
It is just that packages from Canada to the US (and vice verca) can take a while (my 2 trades from Canada took about a month each which is much longer than I would like). This site lets people report the game as missing after 10 shipping days. I'm guessing most people would report the game as missing right before the automatic positive feedback kicks in (rather than risk getting a game that is not in the stated completeness / not getting the game at all /etc). I guess Goozex can set up a separate site just for the Canadians to solve this issue.

[quote name='icruise']Since the game is only sold with the hard drive and can't be played without it (as far as I know), I would say that you are expected to include it.[/quote]

Well, thousands of people have hard drives in their PS3 that aren't the official one and they should work for the game as well. But like I said, my copies of the game are complete and sealed with the HDD. I'm just wondering if the 5 people in line ahead of me are also including the HDD with their copies.

[quote name='wbc1228']
Goozex will have to answer that.
BUT personally, my answer would be no.
I don't have anything against Canada or anything.
It is just that packages from Canada to the US (and vice verca) can take a while (my 2 trades from Canada took about a month each which is much longer than I would like). This site lets people report the game as missing after 10 shipping days. I'm guessing most people would report the game as missing right before the automatic positive feedback kicks in (rather than risk getting a game that is not in the stated completeness / not getting the game at all /etc). I guess Goozex can set up a separate site just for the Canadians to solve this issue.[/QUOTE]

That's all rght. I was just curious to see if i would happen :) . Would've loved to use this instead of SaySwap. But a separate site for canadians would be a good idea indeed.

Unless you add some kind of parameter that you can select that let US traders trade with canadian ones and it could modify the lenght of time from 10 days to 15 maybe? Just a thought

[quote name='icewyng']I am just curious... from what I can see, I have to assume Goozex is a US only trade site, correct?

Any plans to expand this to Canada eventually? Sure would love to join the fun :)[/quote]

Yes! We will be in Canada in the near future...we need to do some site upgrades and then our Canadian friends can start trading!

When that happens I will explain some of the new features regarding trading.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

I sure look forward to join Goozex. With all the comments I have been reading here, It really sounds like a great way to trade games.

I suspect a scammer on Goozex. I sent Company of Heroes (PC) to a guy for 800 points. I sent him a PM to see if he received it yet and I notice that he has -5 feedback. He has sent out 4 games and received 6 games. People have left 3 feedback - 2 negative (Game not received - 10/28 & 11/2) and 1 very negative (I have NOT received the game 11/25). The point value of those 3 games is around 1900 points.

It doesn't really impact me but I wouldn't want to be expecting a game from this guy (mrbill317).

if anyone here sent me the phantasy star universe game i got it weds. BUT i havent had time to check to make sure it plays right (cousin took my ps2)

i should be able to leave feedback by monday. sorry it took so long

i got a question

Full Package
"I only accept the full original package, with the case, manuals and all accessories"

so i guess these yu gi oh games. does full package means with promo cards

[quote name='slidecage']i got a question

Full Package
"I only accept the full original package, with the case, manuals and all accessories"

so i guess these yu gi oh games. does full package means with promo cards[/QUOTE]

I think that would be an unfair assumption.
Since people who brought it used (from ebgames etc) wouldn't have gotten the cards in the first place.
My opinion on this is that if the game won't run without it, then it should be included (ie Seaman on the Dreamcast requires the mic to play). Otherwise, it should be optional (consider a bonus if you do get it).

[quote name='pimp tyranny']most of my searches aren't turning anything up, am i doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

the search engine is pretty picky...i searched for "tomb raider legend" and it came back blank, did "tomb raider" and had to sort through like 10 pages before i found it. turns out that it's listed as "tomb raider: legend" and that colon made it not return in the search.

it's a bit of a pain but if you do partial title searches it seems to work a bit better.

What feedback should i leave here

I took names out cause dont know if we can post names

i got this email today

You have received a private message from user

subject: Monkey Ball Deluxe For PS2

I regret to inform you that i am unable to send you monkey ball deluxe for ps2 because of last minute changes of mind. If you wish to leave me negative feedback you are welcome to do so.

Sorry, and thank you for your understanding

i thought if you hit confirm you have to send it. I know there was at least 2 to 3 games i had second thoughts of sending after i committed to send. But since i comiited i had to send them

so what type of feedback should i leave (now i have to wait what 2 weeks to get my pts back)

[quote name='slidecage']What feedback should i leave here

I took names out cause dont know if we can post names

i got this email today

You have received a private message from user

subject: Monkey Ball Deluxe For PS2

I regret to inform you that i am unable to send you monkey ball deluxe for ps2 because of last minute changes of mind. If you wish to leave me negative feedback you are welcome to do so.

Sorry, and thank you for your understanding

i thought if you hit confirm you have to send it. I know there was at least 2 to 3 games i had second thoughts of sending after i committed to send. But since i comiited i had to send them

so what type of feedback should i leave (now i have to wait what 2 weeks to get my pts back)[/QUOTE]

I would leave negative feedback just based upon the guy's attitude. What kind of feedback rating does he have? Now he has your 100 pts to spend.

[quote name='ToddManG']the search engine is pretty picky...i searched for "tomb raider legend" and it came back blank, did "tomb raider" and had to sort through like 10 pages before i found it. turns out that it's listed as "tomb raider: legend" and that colon made it not return in the search.

it's a bit of a pain but if you do partial title searches it seems to work a bit better.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's odd. Even searching for "tomb" and "legend" together doesn't bring it up. The search should just ignore things like colons.

But I haven't found that to be a huge problem in general. If you're finding that your searches aren't returning the expected results, make sure you don't have one of the filter buttons selected. For example, if you have PS2 selected and try to search for a mario game, it won't come up, or if you have "Available now" selected, the game won't show up if it's not available. Sounds obvious, but it can be a little difficult to see that you have something selected that way. You can click on the Goozex banner at the top left to reset all of the selections.

[quote name='slidecage']
so what type of feedback should i leave (now i have to wait what 2 weeks to get my pts back)[/quote]

You can either wait 10 days and leave feedback that you didn't received the game or you can report the game as broken, then put in the comments field that the game wasn't shipped to you. I have used both methods in the past.

Also, waiting 10 days shouldn't be an issue for you since you probably have 15-20 trade slots and thousands of points saved up, right? Either way, it's not a big deal, wait or don't wait, this guy is getting a negative either way. You need to send a private message to Goozex and report the guy though, as he shouldn't receive points for a game he didn't send, and he already did receive Goozex points for that transaction as soon as he agreed to send. Sounds like some one abusing the system.

Anyone can choose not to ship a game after saying they would, but they will receive negative feedback because of it. Too many negatives and they'll get their account cancelled.

Goozex, I'll ask again...is there any time table on when Wii and/or PS3 games will be added to the site? 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? These are already starting to show up used at the video game stores around here and lots of people are trading them already on the other trading sites I'm a member of, such as gametz.com. A lot of people like to beat a game in 1-7 days, then trade it off while they can still get good value for it, rather than wait 2 months and trade it when it's dropped from $50 to $20 in value.

[quote name='Rictor']Goozex, I'll ask again...is there any time table on when Wii and/or PS3 games will be added to the site? 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? These are already starting to show up used at the video game stores around here and lots of people are trading them already on the other trading sites I'm a member of, such as gametz.com. A lot of people like to beat a game in 1-7 days, then trade it off while they can still get good value for it, rather than wait 2 months and trade it when it's dropped from $50 to $20 in value.[/QUOTE]

seems like the answer would be "later tonight"
:)

[quote name='Rictor']Goozex, I'll ask again...is there any time table on when Wii and/or PS3 games will be added to the site? 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? These are already starting to show up used at the video game stores around here and lots of people are trading them already on the other trading sites I'm a member of, such as gametz.com. A lot of people like to beat a game in 1-7 days, then trade it off while they can still get good value for it, rather than wait 2 months and trade it when it's dropped from $50 to $20 in value.[/QUOTE]

seems like the answer was "later tonight"
:)

Hi everyone...back at my desk ready to answer questions...

Slidecage -- With regard to promo cards this is a detail that is best resolved with the private messaging feature. As you can imagine, there are too many special add-ons for so many different games that we can only make general rules the specifics are best handled between users.

Rictor -- PS3 and Wii games are up. It looks a bit ugly due to the huge volume of future releases that don't have pics. We are working on making that an option to view.

ok talk to you guys later!

Bad trade: Our policy is that anybody who commits to a trade and then PM's you that they changed their mind is a bad trade. It is unfair to the buyer of that game. Bottom line is that you should leave negative feedback with a note saying that the sender backed out after comitting. In these situations we can remove their points earned as well as return your points spent.

I sent a game to Rictor that was never delivered. He gave me the negative feedback. I wish there was some place for a comment from me on the feedback list because I did send it, it just never got there. I made the mistake of not doing Delivery Confirmation. BTW, I'm not upset with Rictor since he didn't get the game. I'm sure he would agree that kept up communication with him until it was obvious the game was never arriving.

This was my second negative that I wish I could have commented on. The other was a PC game where I got a negative because the game I sent was in DVD form and the buyer expected PC-CDRom. There was no option on the listing. The box art on the site shows pc-cdrom but it's only available in DVD form.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']I sent a game to Rictor that was never delivered. He gave me the negative feedback. I wish there was some place for a comment from me on the feedback list because I did send it, it just never got there. I made the mistake of not doing Delivery Confirmation. BTW, I'm not upset with Rictor since he didn't get the game. I'm sure he would agree that kept up communication with him until it was obvious the game was never arriving.

This was my second negative that I wish I could have commented on. The other was a PC game where I got a negative because the game I sent was in DVD form and the buyer expected PC-CDRom. There was no option on the listing. The box art on the site shows pc-cdrom but it's only available in DVD form.

RC[/quote]

We are working on some new feedback options. The important thing to watch for is the overall feedback score. I'd say as a general rule that anybody with 50+ feedback is a solid trader. You can always just divide their feedback score by 10 to see how many games shipped with positive feedback...if it comes out 5.5 then just round up for that partial feedback.

But the feedback can only be seen after a seller has committed to a trade. So if the buyer or seller has bad feedback, it's too late to do anything about it without involving Goozex. I'm not sure how the feedback helps individual traders. I can see where it would help Goozex to weed out bad traders though.

[quote name='Goozex']Hi everyone...back at my desk ready to answer questions...

Slidecage -- With regard to promo cards this is a detail that is best resolved with the private messaging feature. As you can imagine, there are too many special add-ons for so many different games that we can only make general rules the specifics are best handled between users.

Rictor -- PS3 and Wii games are up. It looks a bit ugly due to the huge volume of future releases that don't have pics. We are working on making that an option to view.

ok talk to you guys later!

Bad trade: Our policy is that anybody who commits to a trade and then PM's you that they changed their mind is a bad trade. It is unfair to the buyer of that game. Bottom line is that you should leave negative feedback with a note saying that the sender backed out after comitting. In these situations we can remove their points earned as well as return your points spent.[/QUOTE]

so should i wait for the days and put down i never got it (no hurry since i have a lot of pts : )

also about the yu gi . i wanted to make sure cause i got a few i want to list but dont have the cards so i didnt know if to put down full package or not

[quote name='Goozex']
Rictor -- PS3 and Wii games are up. It looks a bit ugly due to the huge volume of future releases that don't have pics. We are working on making that an option to view.[/quote]

Cool! I already have 2 Wii game matches! I'm gonna need more points. :)

Now, how about my other main complaint, which is that I have more games I'm willing to trade than I can list on the site. I have around 150-200 games I'm willing to trade on Goozex. This is as good for Goozex as it is for me, as you'd have more games available on the site. Unfortunately, I can only list 100 of my games at a time, so every time I trade a game, I add a new one.

I think the wantlist/available lists should be raised from 100 games each to maybe 200-300 each for those of us with large collections.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Saturday I got a Dynasty Warrios 5 manual from Goozex. WTF? I haven't used the site in months.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.
Is it

1) You queued the game a while back, Dynasty Warriors 5, and totally forgot about it. The game finally came, BUT you only got the manual in the mail so you're pissed right now.

or

2) You requested and recieved this game a while back, but never got the manual for the game (goozex only required the game disc back then, sending out the case/manual was optional for the sender). All of a sudden, the manual magically appeared in the mail and now you have a complete game. Your confused but super happy at the same time.

or

3) NEITHER 1 or 2. If this is the case, then no one here can understand what you're trying to say.

[quote name='icruise']Or did he never request the game at all and someone mixed up his address with someone else's?[/quote] Yup, thats exactly what happenned. Sorry for being a bit unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back