Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what in the world???

yesterday i had 1450 points (i'm sending a 650 point game and a 800 point game in the mail today) and i had 1 trade token

today, i have 1350 points and 0 trade tokens....are trade tokens only for when you receive a game or for both sending AND receiving a game?

oh yea, i think you should add paypal as a source for purchasing points and trades...i think it would up your sales a lot....and be easier for lots of customers (GTZ even has a paypal option by each person's name)

[quote name='swetooth9']what in the world???

yesterday i had 1450 points (i'm sending a 650 point game and a 800 point game in the mail today) and i had 1 trade token

today, i have 1350 points and 0 trade tokens....are trade tokens only for when you receive a game or for both sending AND receiving a game?

oh yea, i think you should add paypal as a source for purchasing points and trades...i think it would up your sales a lot....and be easier for lots of customers (GTZ even has a paypal option by each person's name)[/QUOTE]

Check your requests tab. Chances are you are matched with someone for a game but they didn't agree to sell it yet. I think they take your points and tokens as soon as a match is found so you don't over-extend your points.

[quote name='swetooth9']oh yea, i think you should add paypal as a source for purchasing points and trades...i think it would up your sales a lot....and be easier for lots of customers (GTZ even has a paypal option by each person's name)[/QUOTE]

Check their update page:

Updates in progess
The Goozex Team has received tons of feedback from Goozex users about several topics, and we are working hard to implement some important updates:
- Paypal support
- Queue position: we have removed the feature due to technical issues, but are working on a solution to bring back some useful information
- Usage tips: We will soon introduce useful tips for faster trades
- Many other community-oriented features: You'll love these features. Stay tuned!

swetooth9 -- Mr Unoriginal is correct...when you're matched Goozex takes away the points and credit needed for the trade to reserve it and not over extend yourself -- actually Mr Unoriginal said it better

Paypal is coming...its a little bit trickier than we originally thought it would be to add

Also, quick note to anybody who emailed help@goozex lately....Jon, who oversees that switched email clients and some new msgs went to the junk folder -- he's fixing the filters now and will respond ASAP.

sorry for any problems this may have caused.

[quote name='magiic']It's a shame more people from the states dont tick the box for Canada. I much rather sending stuff to the states as it is so much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I'll take one for the team and check the Canada box.

FYI, shipping to Canada is 2x domestic shipping. Tipping or Paypal-ing your U.S. trader a few dollars is appreciated.

[quote name='chargeup45']If you need suggestions, by all means, I could help you unload those points on my stuff. I know I'm first on the list for at least some of the games I have listed:

Midnight Club II (XB - PH)
Timesplitters: FP (XB)
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Phantom Dust
Indigo Prophecy (PS2)
Polarium
Gun
Egg Mania (XB)
Metroid Prime: Pinball

And just for fun...
MVP Baseball 2005 (XB) - 600 points! (Goozex guy, if you can adjust this one, please do so, I don't think I'll be finding any takers at this value)[/QUOTE]

mostly just looking for ds.gba and psp games right now. I probally would of requested a pinball but haveing no clue if people would include the rumble pack i just got it off tru for 10

also you never know when someone might pay insane prices. I had someone give me

600 points for top spin 2 for the ds

Do you need the customs delclaration forms for shipping to canada? I have some on order from the USPS anyway(they are free). I'll be clicking that canadian box shortly to give our chilly neighbors a hug.

[quote name='Goozex']swetooth9 -- Mr Unoriginal is correct...when you're matched Goozex takes away the points and credit needed for the trade to reserve it and not over extend yourself -- actually Mr Unoriginal said it better

Paypal is coming...its a little bit trickier than we originally thought it would be to add

Also, quick note to anybody who emailed help@goozex lately....Jon, who oversees that switched email clients and some new msgs went to the junk folder -- he's fixing the filters now and will respond ASAP.

sorry for any problems this may have caused.[/quote]
ohhh okay, thanks mr. U and goozex for clearing that up..i did not see that i had a match b/c it did not jump out at me (i thought it would be in a separate category like my "on hold" games are)

oh yea, and i checked the canada box on the first day i signed up

It hasn't happened to me yet, but what is the procedure if a game you sent arrives at the destination, but the person doesn't leave you feedback. Should you bother the reciever with a PM or email goozex directly?

[quote name='macdude22']Do you need the customs delclaration forms for shipping to canada? I have some on order from the USPS anyway(they are free). I'll be clicking that canadian box shortly to give our chilly neighbors a hug.[/quote]

All packages that leave the U.S. require a custom sticker to be put on. It's free and you simply write the address, the return address (which can be Goozex), and what's inside (video game).

All Canadian members must also do the same for shipping outside of Canada and they fill out the same information including declaration of value (like $10).

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It hasn't happened to me yet, but what is the procedure if a game you sent arrives at the destination, but the person doesn't leave you feedback. Should you bother the reciever with a PM or email goozex directly?[/quote]

Send the receiver some PMs -- there is really nothing we can do that goes beyond that. When the system officially closes it automatically gives the seller positive feedback.

[quote name='Goozex']When the system officially closes it automatically gives the seller positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

What does that mean "when the system closes"?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']What does that mean "when the system closes"?[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion. If the buyer does not give any kind of feedback in 3 weeks, Goozex will automatically close the trade -- meaning that the buyer cannot leave feedback and the seller is given positive feedback.

Hope that helps...

[quote name='Goozex']
chargeup45 -- honestly, if it's not 07/06 I highly doubt the game would get traded at any point...I think that is just a reality with sports games that are marketed so well by EA...[/QUOTE]

I know, just kidding.... I threw it on there just for the sake of it, but I have a feeling there are at least a dozen before me waiting on someone to give 600 points away.

[quote name='chargeup45']I know, just kidding.... I threw it on there just for the sake of it, but I have a feeling there are at least a dozen before me waiting on someone to give 600 points away.[/quote]

Funny thing is that we have had some members email us saying that they wanted to try out NCAA (i think) and got it from Goozex to try...liked the older version and went out and bought the new one...

I know you guys remove MMORPG games due to EULAs, but have you thought about removing Steam-based games as well? I know I had an issue with Sin: Episode 1. Steam basically treats their games like MMORPG, i.e. one account key tied to one log-on account.

[quote name='jmiller80']I'll take one for the team and check the Canada box.

FYI, shipping to Canada is 2x domestic shipping. Tipping or Paypal-ing your U.S. trader a few dollars is appreciated.[/quote]

It can't be that bad. I get stuff from the states never seems to cost over $2 to mail here. Trend seems to be 1.85 or 1.95. I wouldn't complain about that considering it costs me almost $7CAD just to send inside my own province :bomb:

For us it's actually 2x-3x cheaper to mail stuff to the states. Or anywhere else in the world outside of Canada

[quote name='Goozex']swetooth9 -- Mr Unoriginal is correct...when you're matched Goozex takes away the points and credit needed for the trade to reserve it and not over extend yourself -- actually Mr Unoriginal said it better
[/quote]

yup, it was pending and now that game is being sent to me

yay!

[quote name='magiic']It can't be that bad. I get stuff from the states never seems to cost over $2 to mail here. Trend seems to be 1.85 or 1.95. [/quote]

That's what I've seen too for regular console games...PC games tend to cost more b/c of weight.

[quote name='uconnrh11']i know you said you guys are not intrested in doing movies at this time but how about umd movies for the psp...[/QUOTE]

Got a lot to get rid of ;)

Hehe ... I probably *would* pick up one or two if the point value was low enough ... couple hundred for Tron sounds good to me ;)

[quote name='Goozex']That's what I've seen too for regular console games...PC games tend to cost more b/c of weight.[/QUOTE]

What USPS service do you use to ship to Canada? Airmail Letter Post? I've used Global Priority Mail in the past and that is $6.00-7.25.

By comparison, domestic USPS for console games is $1.59 Media Mail or ~$1.83 for First Class mail.

Edit:
Goozex
You may want to add a clear breakdown of basic shipping rates to Canada, Bermuda, and anywhere else you add in the future. The USPS website is terrible for trying to figure out the service to use and the likely rate. If I knew it wouldn't cost much, I would gladly share the Region 1 love internationally.

[quote name='jmiller80']What USPS service do you use to ship to Canada? Airmail Letter Post? I've used Global Priority Mail in the past and that is $6.00-7.25.

By comparison, domestic USPS for console games is $1.59 Media Mail or ~$1.83 for First Class mail.
[/quote]

I got a box of 3 games from someone in the states, the box was about 16x10x4 and it cost 5.30 to mail ( for him to send it to me)

Yeah I recently shipped out a gba game for ebay and I remember it costing only $2.38 via airmail. I'm not sure I would want to choose that option for goozex because it would mostly take over a week to get in my experience.

[quote name='txa1265']Got a lot to get rid of ;)

Hehe ... I probably *would* pick up one or two if the point value was low enough ... couple hundred for Tron sounds good to me ;)[/QUOTE]

ya theres only so many times you can watch doom.....

does anyone know how not having enough points for a game in your request affects your que placement....i had a game come up but it said i didn't have enough points...does this mean i go back to the end of the line or is like the on hold system where once i get the points i'm first again....

I signed up yesterday after reading this thread. Unfortunately, I screwed up and put PC as my preferred console. Given the contest, I'd prefer to be in the running for a 360. Is there any way to change this? I've got several things I'm ready to list once I get this slight issue worked out.

I'm registered as vinco on Goozex.

Hey everyone,

Walt Jay -- one of our team members, Jon, is working on figuring what to do with Steam games -- we've seen them be really cooperative and very hard to deal with...

uconnrhh1 -- psp movies...? definitely more in line with video games...i'll run by that with the other team members
Also, you do not go to the back of the line if you don't have enough points...you are simply skipped over...when you get points/credits you're right back in your original queue place or have moved forward

jmiller80 -- USPS is planning on changing their rates soon (or so I was told by my local post office) -- but Global Mail is too expensive -- you can ship regular first class to Canada -- I've mailed out a few console games at around $1.85 to Canada.

Vinco -- don't worry, I'll be sending out an email to those that used the CAG code, but didn't select an eligible console...expect that in about 2 weeks.

Wow!!!
I loved the new layout (Viewing 20 games on 1 page, being able to sort by points, etc).
I'm still waiting for the mascot to evolve into something cool.
Right now, the mascot is kind of..............
how should I say it..........
ahhhhh.......
I better keep that comment to myself for the time being.

Anyhow..
Keep up the good work, Goozex!!
Goozex is an awesome site!!

Wow!!!
I love the new layout (Viewing 20 games on 1 page, being able to sort by points, etc).
I'm still waiting for the mascot to evolve into something cool.
Right now, the mascot is kind of..............
how should I say it..........
ahhhhh.......
I better keep that comment to myself for the time being.

Anyhow..
Keep up the good work, Goozex!!
Goozex is an awesome site!!

edit:
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature that hasn't been fully implemented yet.
It seems that the sort feature is visible, but doesn't work. (I tested it with Opera, FireFox, & IE7.)

edit: edit:
seems like the above issue has been fixed now.
yea!

I've signed up, love the site, but I'm frustrated. I'm offering full packages (for several days now) for Madden 06 Xbox and Brothers in Arms Xbox but I've not gotten a match for any requestors. Whenever I look these games up I see that they have been requested (as disk only). Am I missing something?

i believe other users have the same game available and are ahead of you in the queue. I think you still have to wait in line to unload something. Otherwise i would've dumped my 950pt Disgaea REAL quick :) if everyone's offering a game that only a few people want, the ones who have been offering it longer will get matched.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']I've signed up, love the site, but I'm frustrated. I'm offering full packages (for several days now) for Madden 06 Xbox and Brothers in Arms Xbox but I've not gotten a match for any requestors. Whenever I look these games up I see that they have been requested (as disk only). Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Chances are the people requesting the games don't have enough points or trade credits. Sometimes it just takes patience before you get matched :)

[quote name='TahoeMax']i believe other users have the same game available and are ahead of you in the queue. I think you still have to wait in line to unload something. Otherwise i would've dumped my 950pt Disgaea REAL quick :) if everyone's offering a game that only a few people want, the ones who have been offering it longer will get matched.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PRMega']Chances are the people requesting the games don't have enough points or trade credits. Sometimes it just takes patience before you get matched :)[/QUOTE]

Makes sense; thanks for clueing me in guys.

That would be kinda nice, but in the same regard they gotta make money somehow and you already get a deal on bulk buys of trade tokens. So I wouldn't complain if you got a free token now and then for shipping a lot of games, but it's not something I would demand or expect to be done. But goozex rocks so who knows they may throw down the gauntlet and give frequent senders a pat on the back.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Has Goozex ever thought about rewarding frequent traders? Something like, for every 5 games you send, getting 1 trade credit for free?[/QUOTE]

Agree with macdude22 - and to go a step further, they have had lots of nice little 'free trade periods' that make up for the need to throw us frequent traders a bone. I just hope they continue tossing a week here and there for free :)

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the comments! Some of you probably have seen our lates upgrade -- filtered searches and up to 100 views per page. A lot of members requested that and we have done as you wish, and it may sound small, but its a quality improvement -- thanks for helping us get better!

We've got some cool ideas forming about rewarding our best members...beyond free trade credits...It will be tied with some very cool features coming soon...stay tuned...keep trading...and you will be rewarded!

Sku Rhim -- TahoeMax and PRMega are right...thanks for the assist guys!

and about our monster...what are you trying to say?? just joking...maybe we'll stick master chief's helmet on him or something...if anybody is a graphic designer and would like to take a shot with an idea...we can send some hi-res logos your way to play with -- just pm me...

One last comment -- if anybody is going to be in the Washington D.C. metro area on Saturday, February 24th -- there will be a CAG get together at Dave & Busters in Rockville, MD (2:00 p.m.). Jon and myself will be there and it would be awesome to meet some CAGers...

I really have to send my Kudos to Goozex and the Goozex community. It has turned out to be much better than I could have ever imagined. The quality of games has been great, and I've been able to unload quite a bit of stuff that is just sitting around.

I love Points...Points, points, points. I think that I'm just as happy having points stockpiled, so that I can get to the games that I already have still sealed and unplayed.

[quote name='lurknomore']I really have to send my Kudos to Goozex and the Goozex community. It has turned out to be much better than I could have ever imagined. The quality of games has been great, and I've been able to unload quite a bit of stuff that is just sitting around.

I love Points...Points, points, points. I think that I'm just as happy having points stockpiled, so that I can get to the games that I already have still sealed and unplayed.[/quote]
yea, that's the thing that separates goozex from the other trading sites...the points system makes it more like trading games for store credit rather than trading a game for a game (which would take anywhere from a few messages to a few days to strike up a deal)...you get store credit aka "points" and can save up, or cash out immediately...nice concept and it's worked for me so far

EDIT: wow, a guy named goozex83 just requested one of my games...he has the same address as goozex the company...i guess that guy wants my nocturne, lol

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, that's the thing that separates goozex from the other trading sites...the points system makes it more like trading games for store credit rather than trading a game for a game (which would take anywhere from a few messages to a few days to strike up a deal)...you get store credit aka "points" and can save up, or cash out immediately...nice concept and it's worked for me so far

EDIT: wow, a guy named goozex83 just requested one of my games...he has the same address as goozex the company...i guess that guy wants my nocturne, lol[/quote]

I love the site as well, but the only frustrating thing is that I haven't sent out any games for about a week and half and I really need points. Guess we need to get more people to use this site.

I just joined and so far im lovin the idea, cant wait to start getin the games out and points in lol

hey goozex i emailed the help emailadress and i understand that your havin problems on that end so can u help me here

i put up some demo disks from Official Playstation Magazine and i was wondering if full package means the disk, sleeve, and magazine or just the disk and sleeve. thnx alot

[quote name='swetooth9']people can give each other points?[/quote]
Only after you receive a game on the leave feedback screen. You can choose to tip the seller 50 points for fast service, excellent packaging, etc.

hey goozex, I'm thinking that maybe some people may be away from their homes for more than 24 hours. However, the same people may have PDAs or smart phones that will allow them to receive emails. I recommend a reply-by-email if we receive notification that someone requests our game or even better, a mobile friendly version of accepting requests in the website.

[quote name='eskimo']I sent off some games, and I'm trying to accumulate some points. So far, everything is going smoothly. I had one person tip me 50 points because I sent him a sealed game. That was a nice surprise.

If anyone wants 5 free trade credits, please sign up using my referral link!

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=4426213803[/QUOTE]
HAHAH same. I got 50 points tip cuz the way i packaged my games were a "chore". It made opening my package fun for the buyer.

There is one thing I'm getting concerned about. I have all my Requested games listed as only wanting complete with manual and case. Twice last week (my second week of the service) I got emails from users asking if it was ok if they sent me a disc only game. I would be pretty pissed if someone sent me one anyway. I don't feel like negative feedback would be enough since I would still be stuck with a game I didn't want.

Anyone have anything like this happen to them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back