Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick message about the DC CAG meeting. Thanks for the kind words lurknomore, but really, Jon and I were really excited and happy to meet you guys.

The best part for me was that you guys were really laid back and willing to over extend yourselves to come out -- i don't think it's easy to say hey lets meet some people that I only know online. Another cool thing is how diverse the community is. From a lawyer to a rock singer to a student...everybody was really cool.

The Goozex team wants to continue this and hopefully with the support of the CAG community we organize more events. For example, we will be in San Francisco for a week and we'd love to meet CAG/Goozex members out there. We're also planning of maybe doing a VG competition at LAN center in NYC in April. Then bring it all back home to Washington and setup something again with CAG guys here.

So stay tuned for that.

[quote name='mahzilla']will the package be held up by customs or anything and take a while for either side to receive the game?[/quote]

Only if I am sending it or recieving, otherwise you'll be fine.

[quote name='magiic']Only if I am sending it or recieving, otherwise you'll be fine.[/quote]

cool, I guess I'll start trading to canada now that I ordered a bunch of bubble mailers and I found out about using paypal for purchasing postage. thanks for the information

Is there a problem with the site lately? I can't always get on. Also, when I first signed up I was constantly getting requests and games sent to me until my limit was reached. Now it's been almost a week with nothing new sent in and nothing going out. Does the system put any limits on how fast you can trade?

so, my first transaction went through, and the guy even gave me a 50 point tip! i think i'm addicted. i've already got matched with two games i was looking for and i'm trading some more of my own (which i said i'd never even do this generation) this site is pretty awesome if you ask me. thanks for the awesome work!

So I had an item on my request list and happened to buy it for cheap on Monday morning. Sure enough, by the time I got home (and before I could take it off my request list), I had received a match. I messaged the user to hold off on sending it until I could contact goozex to see if we could cancel the trade. The other user said it was fine and suggested that I try to get my points back. I sent goozex a PM and also sent an e-mail to help@goozex, but have yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement. Is there anything that I can do about the pending trade? Can it be cancelled and the points/trade credit restored? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='Warner1281']So I had an item on my request list and happened to buy it for cheap on Monday morning. Sure enough, by the time I got home (and before I could take it off my request list), I had received a match. I messaged the user to hold off on sending it until I could contact goozex to see if we could cancel the trade. The other user said it was fine and suggested that I try to get my points back. I sent goozex a PM and also sent an e-mail to help@goozex, but have yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement. Is there anything that I can do about the pending trade? Can it be cancelled and the points/trade credit restored? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]
Yes, it's possible. Someone accidently requested a game from me that they had already bought, and so I PMed Goozex about it and he refunded the points to the buyer.

I noticed Wii Play has been added. I was thinking of requesting it but was wondering if it would come with the controller? The featured boxart mentions it but who knows.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']I noticed Wii Play has been added. I was thinking of requesting it but was wondering if it would come with the controller? The featured boxart mentions it but who knows.

RC[/QUOTE]

My assumption is that 'full package' should include the controller, but otherwise just the disc ... I requested and have one coming and it was a 'disc & manual' so I assume that is what I'm getting.

[quote name='rscaramelo']I noticed Wii Play has been added. I was thinking of requesting it but was wondering if it would come with the controller? The featured boxart mentions it but who knows.

RC[/quote]

It may or may not come, as the goozex label doesn't say (with Wii Remote Controller). Most likely, it won't be included, as I doubt anyone would send a Wii Remote with game and expect to get only 550 points for it.

Hey Everyone: Let me answer questions then my next post will have the February CAG Goozex Promo winners!

Warner1281 -- sorry for the slow response, we have been swamped this week -- Can you please send the trade details and username to feedback @ goozex.com

Wii play most likely will come without the controller -- this is one of those weird situations with a game being attached to an accessory like DDR dance pads and etc. We don't consider accessories as part of the full package, which is disc + manual + case.

Ok here the February winners of the CAG Goozex Promotion -- brag away:

February Winners:
Xbox 360 Bundle -- eddiesteel
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

Congratulations and we'll be mailing your new games out early next week. We have a new March promo running that can be found on the first page of this thread. Help spread the word about this promo and point people to CAG to join Goozex!

Thanks for all the support and helping our site grow!

[quote name='Goozex']Ok here the February winners of the CAG Goozex Promotion -- brag away:

February Winners:
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

Congratulations and we'll be mailing your new games out early next week. We have a new March promo running that can be found on the first page of this thread. Help spread the word about this promo and point people to CAG to join Goozex!

Thanks for all the support and helping our site grow![/quote]

hey goozex.... that ikaruga game of the gamecube bundle for the contest, was that the one I sent in to you guys??

no big shock here but neither of my big pt games showed.

zelda got reported today (750 pts) after waiting 2 weeks for nothing
and im sure sulk 2 (1000 pts) will be reported next week when it never shows.

that is almost 2000 pts tied up with people lying about shipping games

[quote name='Goozex']Hey Everyone: Let me answer questions then my next post will have the February CAG Goozex Promo winners!

Warner1281 -- sorry for the slow response, we have been swamped this week -- Can you please send the trade details and username to feedback @ goozex.com

Wii play most likely will come without the controller -- this is one of those weird situations with a game being attached to an accessory like DDR dance pads and etc. We don't consider accessories as part of the full package, which is disc + manual + case.[/quote]

BTW, I don't think this game would trade on goozex, but if I put up donkey konga as a full package, I won't have to ship the kongos because wii play does not have to come with the wii-mote, correct?

[quote name='Goozex']Ok here the February winners of the CAG Goozex Promotion -- brag away:

February Winners:
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

Well hot damn. I Wiiiiiin :) Thanks Goozex. Love the site so far...now i just need some of my wanted games to come up

February Winners:
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

[Brag] YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Goozex!!!!! I love your site, too!!!!!!!!!!!![/Brag]

[rant]The Goozex Mailer is horible. For as much protection as it gives, you might as well just put a mailing label right on the discs.[/rant]

I received a disc only Escape from Monkey Island from a user today and the discs looked great, except they were each in 3 pieces. :bomb:

Goozex, is there any way to remove the mailer from the site, it think that some users think they are "covered" if the disc breaks and is in your mailer.

February Winners:
Wii Bundle -- TahoeMax
PS3 Game -- Tubsy3
PS2 Bundle -- Sochalist
PSP Bundle -- Martin8me
Xbox Bundle -- LordBubba
Gamecube Bundle -- JAGII

Thanks for all the support and helping our site grow![/QUOTE]
WOOT!!! (For those of you who don't know, I'm the Sochalist)

Thank you goozex! I've gotten 5 awesome games for 3 that were just taking up space

yeah, I would think those mailers are pretty big liabilities. anybody who's dealing games should be able to come up with the buck it costs to get a padded or bubble mailer (which are much cheaper still if bought in bulk). Granted, a few negative feedbacks for broken discs might give a user a clue that the mailers aren't working, but why let that happen to begin with? Zapping them would promote a conscientious, careful community.

thats why i request full packages. if its in the case, odds are it isn't going to break in the goozex mailers. especially since it won't fit in there. ;)

now for my suggestion: i wish there were some way to prioritize your requests. i've got three games on my requests list. game one i really want, game two i kind of want. i keep getting matched up with game two tying up my points. it never fails that while game two is matched game one will come along and i'll have insufficient points. thus far, no one has confirmed the match, sending out game two, so its basically just blocking out any chances of getting game one as of now.

[quote name='TahoeMax']yeah, I would think those mailers are pretty big liabilities. anybody who's dealing games should be able to come up with the buck it costs to get a padded or bubble mailer (which are much cheaper still if bought in bulk). Granted, a few negative feedbacks for broken discs might give a user a clue that the mailers aren't working, but why let that happen to begin with? Zapping them would promote a conscientious, careful community.[/quote]

It's kinda hard to find the Lucasarts PC games as complete. And for only 100 points ($5), I'm willing to go through a complication or two.

Just signed up and the system for setting up trades seems pretty awesome. The last time I used a trading site was five or so years ago with Switchouse, and this looks so much better.

I did have a couple of questions though. How do you determine the point value for games, and how often are these point values updated? Is it based on user demand, MSRP, average resale price? I'm just curious since there were a couple of games that I looked up that I thought cost a few too many points based on what they usually cost to find.

Not trying to be contrary. I have my eye on quite a few things, it just seemed like there were a couple of inconsistencies in point pricing.

Also, any plans to ever add the trading of consoles themselves?

One last thing, are imports kosher to list on the site, assuming they have English support/are region free? For instance, I have an imported copy of Phoenix Wright 2 that I'd like to trade. It works perfectly and has full English support, but the manual and box is obviously in Japanese.

Does this happen with anyone else? Anytime I print a label for sending the game, I end up with two pages. Only the words USA or Canada ends up on the second page. Goozex should eliminate one more line to make it fit on a single page.

I use Firefox on a mac btw.

[quote name='mahzilla']Does this happen with anyone else? Anytime I print a label for sending the game, I end up with two pages. Only the words USA or Canada ends up on the second page. Goozex should eliminate one more line to make it fit on a single page.

I use Firefox on a mac btw.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happens to me, I just make sure I only print out from pages 1 to 1, but it is a little annoying.

[quote name='mahzilla']BTW, I don't think this game would trade on goozex, but if I put up donkey konga as a full package, I won't have to ship the kongos because wii play does not have to come with the wii-mote, correct?[/QUOTE]
In order to play and enjoy DK Bongo, you need the bongos. With Wii Play, everyone has a remote unlike the Bongos. Same fro DDR or other games that requires a special controller. I want Wii Play but only need the game since I already own 2 wii remotes and dont need a 3rd.

Not to mention, majority of people probably bought the game for the remote only. Just take a look on eBay.

[quote name='iazybandit']In order to play and enjoy DK Bongo, you need the bongos. With Wii Play, everyone has a remote unlike the Bongos. Same fro DDR or other games that requires a special controller. I want Wii Play but only need the game since I already own 2 wii remotes and dont need a 3rd.

Not to mention, majority of people probably bought the game for the remote only. Just take a look on eBay.[/quote]

actually, in order to just play the game, you can use the control pad, but I get your point.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Same thing happens to me, I just make sure I only print out from pages 1 to 1, but it is a little annoying.[/quote]

I have the same problem. Does it cut off the last line of the "To:" address on yours too? I have to manually write in the city, state and zip.

it cut mine off too. i just ended up hand writing the address, seeing as how i didn't want to deal with tape and all.

i swear if i don't get full auto shipped to me this time i'm taking it off my list. this is the fourth match i've gotten and not a one has been shipped yet. :headache: and it always works out to where the other games on my list match while i'm waiting for that person to not check their email and thus wasting my points.

[quote name='encendido5']I have the same problem. Does it cut off the last line of the "To:" address on yours too? I have to manually write in the city, state and zip.[/quote]

it just cuts off the country name for me, I should check safari and camino.

[quote name='rscaramelo']Ever any thoughts to expanding to include N64 carts? They seem to have a higher resale value than the Dreamcast stuff.

RC[/QUOTE]

Goozex.com is supposed to eventually add an add-on site that will specialize in old school games like N64, Saturn, etc. Your points & trade credits will be useable between sites.

I personally cannot wait for this!

How about some contests for existing members. :p

Depending on the point values of the vintage stuff, I have a few hundred Gameboy, GBC, NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Game Gear, etc. games I'll probably add. This is only if the point values are accurate though. I'm not giving away Mario Party for 100 points.

It would be nice to use my Goozex points to fill in the gaps in my NES commons collection.

I think the only reason N64 wasn't included when the site launched was because originally they were focused on trading discs-only in a little paper envelope. Cart games wouldn't have fit in the envelopes. They are definitely in higher demand than Dreamcast games though.

[quote name='encendido5']I have the same problem. Does it cut off the last line of the "To:" address on yours too? I have to manually write in the city, state and zip.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I usually notice a problem, but I manually write in the name and address so it wouldn't be an issue anyway.

[quote name='mahzilla']it just cuts off the country name for me, I should check safari and camino.[/quote]
It does it on safari for me too.

edit: I just installed firefox and it seems like it's working fine on it.

I'm thinking that the reason older gen stuff is not present on the service...is because of the lack of databasing by their provider Muze. Am I right? I don't know or think that Muze goes back that far.

Just curious, but how does this service make money?

For instance, if i trade Game X for 100 points, I have 100 points credited to my account. Then, if I buy Game Y for 100 points, I've spent no money and i got another game in return.

Couldn't basically every member do this without ever giving any money to the site. If so, how would they make their money?

Just curious..

[quote name='forkyfork']Just curious, but how does this service make money?

For instance, if i trade Game X for 100 points, I have 100 points credited to my account. Then, if I buy Game Y for 100 points, I've spent no money and i got another game in return.

Couldn't basically every member do this without ever giving any money to the site. If so, how would they make their money?

Just curious..[/QUOTE]

In order to make a trade, you have to have a trade credit which you buy from Goozex for a $1 each.

I had some questions from my dad.

1.Postage cost
2.Will the Post office accept the print out envelope?
3.How fast will arrive to the person?
4.How do you fit an entire game box in the little envelope?
5.Can i send it in something else? if so how?

id rather do my business through goozex than through GS/EB.

1.Postage to the USA is probably uber cheap. Postage to Canada for a bubble mailer with an xbox or similiarily sized game is $1.95 to Canada.
2. I would never use the print-out envelope, it's a liability
3. Shipping within USA is probably pretty damn speed I would imagine to Canada probably a week tops. Same in reverse (if you are recieving games)
4. You don't, just buy a pack of bubble mailers and use those.
5. YES goto somewhere (Im sure someone can recommend a place in the states and buy yourself a pack of bubble mailers, they arent very expensive and work perfectly for sending games. You just have to write the address out on the bubble mailer.

Hey everyone -- let me get to those questions that I missed over the weekend

kdunn77 - I think you make a very good point about people thinking they are "covered" by using our printed mailer -- a few quick points about our mailer
1) it provides a quick solution for people who can only send disc only
2) it actually has a very low broken disc record -- of course that doesn't mean a whole lot if you're the one with a broken disc
3) you are not obligated to use our mailer if you are sending disc only

btw, I love old lucasarts games and I've gotten some great classics like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tenticle and Full Throttle...

xcoax -- yes that is good suggestion to be able to prioritize your requests -- we'll look into how that falls in our to-do list, but it will be there

ryoga79 -- we'll be having member only prizes coming in the near future!

Fuma -- our point system is an algorithm that takes into place msrp, release date, supply and demand...
We've been asked a lot of times about console trading, but at the moment that isn't our focus and there can be a lot of problems in terms of wear and tear and quality
We don't have imports b/c our content provider doesn't have imports in their database...

mahzilla -- point well taken about the printing error -- thanks!

rscaremelo -- older games were originally out of our plan b/c they were carts and not discs that fit nicely into our mailers...but since most people send in bubble mailers anyway we are seriously looking into adding a sub-goozex site that deals with old consoles...

Rictor -- we'll be having contests for current members and especially ones for elite members like you...they will come with some big site upgrades!

forkyfork -- we earn revenue on the trade credits needed to complete a trade, which Mr. Unoriginal nicely answered -- thanks

Lren -- Answers to questions:
1. Postage depends on the weight of the package -- best advice is to take to your local post office
2. Yes the post office will accept the Goozex mailer
3. The Goozex mailer is intended for disc only -- not complete package -- we recommend using 6.25" by 9" bubble mailers -- larger ones for most PC titles
4. yes you can send in anything you want, but again we recommend bubble mailers

Magiic -- thanks for the help!

ok I hope that helps. And remember that these promotions are to help us drive more members to our site, and we haven't forgotten about all our current members who are helping our site grow by being active -- we'll have special contests/promos for you all as well!

Again, Congrats to our CAG winners!

Goozex -

I decided to give your website a try, and am liking it so far. One problem though:

After you place a game on your request list, and the site finds a match, you then wait for the seller to confirm the match. The problem is, if it takes the seller X amount of days to confirm the match, then your points are tied up in limbo for as long as he takes to finish the sale.

My situation: I put Oblivion 360 (Reg and CE versions) on my request list a few days ago, and a match was found for the regular version first. While I waited for the seller to confirm the match, the CE version was offered to me, but I did not have the points bc they were tied up with the regular version. Now, a few days later, I am still waiting for this seller to confirm, and my points are used up but getting me nothing, because of his slowness.

I could probably have had the CE version confirmed and shipped by now. Is there a way to remove a request from your list once a match has been found for it, but before the sale is confirmed? I don't see a way.

Thanks!

I've been happy with the system so far, but have a similar issue where I've been "matched" but the seller hasn't responded for days. At this point, the match is tying up not only my points but also a spot in my currently limited queue of 3. I've sent out enough games recently that I should be bumped up to 5 soon, but it's still an annoyance to have the points and the slot tied up.

My suspicions also lead me to believe that the games in My Library don't move as fast because of similar issues. People that are higher on the sell queue get first dibs to trade but then don't respond in a timely manner. Of course, I could be wrong here...

In my "Game Request" emails, it states I have 24 hours to reply to the request. Is this actually in effect, or is there now a longer period of time? I personally think 24 hours is plenty of time, and such a limit keeps the system in motion.

[quote name='Troz1820']I've been happy with the system so far, but have a similar issue where I've been "matched" but the seller hasn't responded for days. At this point, the match is tying up not only my points but also a spot in my currently limited queue of 3. I've sent out enough games recently that I should be bumped up to 5 soon, but it's still an annoyance to have the points and the slot tied up.

My suspicions also lead me to believe that the games in My Library don't move as fast because of similar issues. People that are higher on the sell queue get first dibs to trade but then don't respond in a timely manner. Of course, I could be wrong here...

In my "Game Request" emails, it states I have 24 hours to reply to the request. Is this actually in effect, or is there now a longer period of time? I personally think 24 hours is plenty of time, and such a limit keeps the system in motion.[/quote]

amen:applause:

[quote name='Troz1820']I've been happy with the system so far, but have a similar issue where I've been "matched" but the seller hasn't responded for days. At this point, the match is tying up not only my points but also a spot in my currently limited queue of 3. I've sent out enough games recently that I should be bumped up to 5 soon, but it's still an annoyance to have the points and the slot tied up.

In my "Game Request" emails, it states I have 24 hours to reply to the request. Is this actually in effect, or is there now a longer period of time? I personally think 24 hours is plenty of time, and such a limit keeps the system in motion.[/QUOTE]

I'm noticing this more and more as well. Specifically with my Library. The first two I was constantly sending out games as soon as I had a free slot. Now I haven't sent anything out for two weeks and nothing has been requested either. I checked a bunch of my games and most of them are requested within the system. Am I just waiting for people higher on the queue to get a chance first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back