Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ryoga79']I supposedly had my first game sent off to me on 3/1/07 from CA to NC. Still haven't gotten it yet and haven't heard back from the guy about it. And here I was hoping to play it at work. lol[/QUOTE]

The guy might have sent it media mail. I've had some stuff take FOREVER to get to me through media mail that was verified as sent on time. I wouldn't worry too much unless you have to wait past 10 days or so.

[quote name='ManChowder']The guy might have sent it media mail. I've had some stuff take FOREVER to get to me through media mail that was verified as sent on time. I wouldn't worry too much unless you have to wait past 10 days or so.[/QUOTE]
Hehe ... I only mentioned something because the one I was waiting for was supposed to ship Feb 22 ... but I got a PM from the guy last night and all is well.

[quote name='uconnrh11']just a note i'm basing my suggestion and the earlier comments on pretty much my exclusive trading of 360 games......so it may just be the newness of the 360 market...[/QUOTE]
I assume that is it - I mostly do DS & PSP games and find the points pretty reasonable and stable.

[quote name='Ahadi']Hey, I booked a trade while I was out of town thinking I could go back to it and print out the shipping info and label when I got home. But I cant seem to find the trade details. Goozex, is there a way you can pull this data up for me or let me know how I can find it?[/QUOTE]
Go to "My Library", find the game under the heading "Games Mailed/Awaiting Feedback", click the link under the game titled "View Buyers Address" and the page will display the address. You can also print the label out by clicking "Print Label" from that page.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Go to "My Library", find the game under the heading "Games Mailed/Awaiting Feedback", click the link under the game titled "View Buyers Address" and the page will display the address. You can also print the label out by clicking "Print Label" from that page.[/QUOTE]

Sick, thanks. But now my next question is, how do I know what game I'm trading for? I'm guaranteed something off my want list, right?

[quote name='Ahadi']Sick, thanks. But now my next question is, how do I know what game I'm trading for? I'm guaranteed something off my want list, right?[/QUOTE]

You traded your game for points that will be used to get you games(from your request list) when they are available. There is no direct game for game trades like you would see on other game trading sites.
Goozex is kind of cool that way, you don't have to fret over haggling a game for game trade.

[quote name='Ahadi']Sick, thanks. But now my next question is, how do I know what game I'm trading for? I'm guaranteed something off my want list, right?[/quote]

It doesn't really work that way. Basically you send the game out, get points and then you wait to get matched for one of your want games. You don't automatically get a game if you send one out.

Ah, I see. That's definetly a unique system. That's actually really cool sounding. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

More people need to tick that little Canada Box. I have like a billion points and cant use them :( Shipping to Canada isn't expensive. It only costs $1.95 to mail a bubble mailer with a game.

[quote name='uconnrh11']i think one idea to enhance the points system would be if there was a some kind of premium on just released games...like say if its within the the first few weeks or month or so the game would have a say, 200 pt bonus... this way people will feel like its worth it to put newer games up. I personally dont think most people would mind paying a premium for a newer game and i think it would drive down the wait time to get the newer games...

maybe this would totally mess things up...i dont know..... to me it seems like the just released games dont garner enough or maybe its just that the older games hold their value too long.....[/quote]

New system games are supposed to start high (around 800 points for next gen console games and 600 points for new portable and last gen system games) and then slowly go down to 100 points over the course of several months. For example, most Wii games started in the 700-850 range and have now dropped to the 500-600 point range. By summer, most of the launch games will probably be in the 300-400 point range.

Of course, lately, it seems like new games aren't starting at high prices like they should. Wario Master of Disguise for DS just came out on Tuesday and should be around 600 points ($30) but it's 350 points ($17.50). I've seen a few other examples of new games starting at ridiculously low prices lately, which is bad for those of us who want them, as no one is going to trade them at those prices for months after they come out.

Hey everyone! Let me get to those questions:

Not being an import collector/gamer myself I didn't really realize how many import games we have on Goozex. The problem for us is that on the one hand Muze doesn't break out what are and what are not import games. And on the other hand there maybe someone who wants the American version of a game and gets the Japanese version. That said, we've never had a problem with either one. So the policy is that if you're not satisfied with a trade because you received an import game and wanted the American version, then you will need to email us at feedback and let us know -- we of course will honor our Goozex Guarantee and refund the buyer and yet still reward the seller for sending a game. And about having a separate import site, because Muze doesn't break out import games we can't reasonably do this.

Ahadi -- the system doesn't commit to a trade for you, it only matches. If you committed to the trade then you can go "My Library" scroll to the bottom of the list and then click on "View Address" -- when the trade is complete this option is removed. -- Thanks Cheapfrag for the assist!

thanks ManChowder and encendido5 for helping out on the second question...

uconnrh11 -- thanks for the suggestion -- that is something we have considered. The problem is really not an issue of points as so much that we have given too much time for the seller to commit. We are currently working on speeding up the process with that regard. Thanks though, for great feedback -- much appreciated and we want more!

TahoeMax -- no worries, hopefully the games coming your way will be a reason for a study break -- good luck!

ManChowder -- you're right that media mail is slower. The post office told me that when you pay media mail that it goes by truck to wherever, whereas first class is a combo of truck and plane.

I hope that catches them all....

personally, I'm trying to get some import games, so them being up on goozex is great in my eyes. Just doubt I ever do due to the low points amount for them. lol.

I have had a lot of luck with Goozex in the past, but now I have so many points (3750) and really 3 games I want bad. Zelda TP, SOninc and the Secret RIngs and SSX Blur. Someone was spose to send me Zelda a while back, but baked out. The system unfortunatly bumped me to the end of the line for wanting this game, and I notice about once a week someone gets a copy. I just wish they could put me next in line. I have emailed them 3 times, but they ignored all of my requests.

So basically if I deceide to list a Japanese import game that does not have it's own dedicated listeing under the US version, and if it gets traded, if the person is OK with it, then that's fine, but then what if they give negative feedback? That's fine if they complain and you both refund our transations, but would that also remove the negative fdeedback?

[quote name='Rictor']New system games are supposed to start high (around 800 points for next gen console games and 600 points for new portable and last gen system games) and then slowly go down to 100 points over the course of several months. For example, most Wii games started in the 700-850 range and have now dropped to the 500-600 point range. By summer, most of the launch games will probably be in the 300-400 point range.

Of course, lately, it seems like new games aren't starting at high prices like they should. Wario Master of Disguise for DS just came out on Tuesday and should be around 600 points ($30) but it's 350 points ($17.50). I've seen a few other examples of new games starting at ridiculously low prices lately, which is bad for those of us who want them, as no one is going to trade them at those prices for months after they come out.[/QUOTE]

a lot of PSP games crashed very fast and doubt they will ever be listed.

jewel kingdom went from 600 to 400 pts in a matter of days. there are other PSP games that crashed

I got a question: If you have a game in your library that is "Full Package",

would you get matched with someone with the request of "Disc Only"?

[quote name='martin8me']I got a question: If you have a game in your library that is "Full Package",

would you get matched with someone with the request of "Disc Only"?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Basically when you make a request, you're asking for a certain minimum standard for the games you accept. Requesting "disc only" is really the same as requesting "any condition." So it would include "full package" and "disc and manual only" in addition to "disc only."

There's a section on this in the FAQ.

Question: Why did NCAA March Madness 2007 (360), which I just paid 800 points for last week, drop to 250 points? I also noticed other newer releases being very undervalued, i.e. NBA Homecourt, GRAW 2, MLB 2K7.

Thanks!

[quote name='magiic']More people need to tick that little Canada Box. I have like a billion points and cant use them :( Shipping to Canada isn't expensive. It only costs $1.95 to mail a bubble mailer with a game.[/quote]

Which games are you requesting? I recently added Canada to my trading region, but only sent out one game to that country as it was the only game requested...

Just a question for all you CAGs...

Does anyone here have the Goozex username , or is anyone here currently dealing with this goozex member?

EDIT: CONFIRMED by Goozex to be a scammer, BEWARE!!!

So I checked my Goozex account today to see that I'm down some points and don't have my 1 trade credit. Does this mean that a trade was booked to send me something? If that's the case, how do I check what's coming in?

[quote name='Ahadi']So I checked my Goozex account today to see that I'm down some points and don't have my 1 trade credit. Does this mean that a trade was booked to send me something? If that's the case, how do I check what's coming in?[/QUOTE]

click on "requested games" The game you are matched with should be at the top of the list. It will usually say "matched!! waiting for confirmation from seller" when the system has matched you, or it will list the ship date and the name of the user who is shipping to you if he has already agreed.

[quote name='ManChowder']click on "requested games" The game you are matched with should be at the top of the list. It will usually say "matched!! waiting for confirmation from seller" when the system has matched you, or it will list the ship date and the name of the user who is shipping to you if he has already agreed.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... there's nothing there. I do have games matched on hold at the bottom of my requests though. Could it be one of them?

And sorry for these retarded questions. This is what I get for not read every thing completely.

[quote name='Ahadi']Hmm... there's nothing there. I do have games matched on hold at the bottom of my requests though. Could it be one of them?

And sorry for these retarded questions. This is what I get for not read every thing completely.[/QUOTE]

Here's how it works.

If someone has a game in their library that is in your requests list, the system matches you to them. Then, your points and one trade point is put on hold and taken away from you. The person with the game gets an email asking them if they agree to ship it to you. Your Reuqests List should have the game in alphbetical order, but it will say "Match! Waiting for confirmation from trader." or something like that. If the person agrees to send the game to you, it moves to the top of your request list and the points and trade point are taken from you for good. If the person does not agree to send, or three days goes by without a response, you get your points and trade credit back and the game goes back in your list.

Looking for advice - I just got a 'you have 3 days left to leave feedback' notice. This is based on a game that was supposedly shipped Feb 22nd. I checked with the sender and due to personal issues they hadn't sent it and said they were sending it late last week.

My question is, how much longer do I wait? I have to leave my feedback by Thursday or lose the opportunity. I am accepting of personal issues, as I'm one of those 'do unto others' types, but I want to be honest with feedback as well. I *will* leave feedback by Thursday, and if I have the game it will reflect the trade with my honest acceptance of the reasons why it took so long.

But what if it isn't here by then? Do I give neutral feedback with the thought that it might be just about to arrive, or do I say 'enough is enough, you've had a month, and you only mentioned something when *I* emailed *you*?' and give negative?

Thanks,

Mike

[quote name='mahzilla']Which games are you requesting? I recently added Canada to my trading region, but only sent out one game to that country as it was the only game requested...[/quote]

I'm requesting around probably 15-20 different games. Various ps2, 360 and DS games, maybe a few gamecube aswell.

[quote name='Sinistar']So basically if I deceide to list a Japanese import game that does not have it's own dedicated listeing under the US version, and if it gets traded, if the person is OK with it, then that's fine, but then what if they give negative feedback? That's fine if they complain and you both refund our transations, but would that also remove the negative fdeedback?[/QUOTE]
My personal opinion is that if there is a US version of the game and only one listing in Goozex, then you should not list an import game under that one listing. Goozex stated that they do not intentionally support import games.

At a minimum, you should PM the "buyer" after a match and let them know it's an import and give them a chance to say yes or no. But that's a big hassle for everyone to get points and place in line back.

[quote name='txa1265']Looking for advice - I just got a 'you have 3 days left to leave feedback' notice. This is based on a game that was supposedly shipped Feb 22nd. I checked with the sender and due to personal issues they hadn't sent it and said they were sending it late last week.

My question is, how much longer do I wait? I have to leave my feedback by Thursday or lose the opportunity. I am accepting of personal issues, as I'm one of those 'do unto others' types, but I want to be honest with feedback as well. I *will* leave feedback by Thursday, and if I have the game it will reflect the trade with my honest acceptance of the reasons why it took so long.

But what if it isn't here by then? Do I give neutral feedback with the thought that it might be just about to arrive, or do I say 'enough is enough, you've had a month, and you only mentioned something when *I* emailed *you*?' and give negative?

Thanks,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Leave negative on Thursday if you haven't received it. As you said, the person only let you know of the late mailing after you contacted them. You have no way of knowing if this person is legit or not. What is the persons feedback? If it's zero or negative, I would leave negative feedback now. If it's positive, then wait until Thursday.

[quote name='cheapfrag']What is the persons feedback? If it's zero or negative, I would leave negative feedback now. If it's positive, then wait until Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... I'm their first game sent ... great start ...

[quote name='txa1265']Hmmm ... I'm their first game sent ... great start ...[/quote]

eh, wait til Thursday. If the mail comes Thursday and it's not there, leave a neg as a warning for others. If it happens to show up by Thursday, then you can still leave positive (or neutral) feedback.

i've used goozex for the past few months with no problems...but i'm starting to wonder if someone does claim they did not receive the game but in reality did and leave negative feedback. especially with all these new people joining that have 1 or 2 feedbacks only. i guess i could just use signature confirmation.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Here's how it works.

If someone has a game in their library that is in your requests list, the system matches you to them. Then, your points and one trade point is put on hold and taken away from you. The person with the game gets an email asking them if they agree to ship it to you. Your Reuqests List should have the game in alphbetical order, but it will say "Match! Waiting for confirmation from trader." or something like that. If the person agrees to send the game to you, it moves to the top of your request list and the points and trade point are taken from you for good. If the person does not agree to send, or three days goes by without a response, you get your points and trade credit back and the game goes back in your list.[/QUOTE]

Hah, alright thanks for that explination. I was making it out to be more complicated than it really was.

also it doesn't seem like the game database is updating properly. ps3 mlb2k7 and motorstorm have been in circulation for about a week now. motorstorm was listed for request at one point because i was on the motorstorm list.

[quote name='gpupp']also it doesn't seem like the game database is updating properly. ps3 mlb2k7 and motorstorm have been in circulation for about a week now. motorstorm was listed for request at one point because i was on the motorstorm list.[/QUOTE]
Can you explain what you mean?

Hey, just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to the guys (and gals?) at Goozex! I was the February CAG Promo winner (for Xbox), and I got my games in the mail today. Excellent! 5 free games - 3 of them brand new, still shrink-wrapped - and 10 free trade credits as a bonus. While I'm not finding much demand for the Xbox games on my library list, I've had pretty good luck with receiving some of the PC games that I've requested.

I'm really glad to see that they are constantly working to improve the site, and are actively here listening and responding to our feedback. I'm excited about where Goozex is headed as they implement some of these new features.

Keep up the good work!

John
(aka LordBubba on CAG and Goozex)

[quote name='LordBubba']Hey, just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to the guys (and gals?) at Goozex! I was the February CAG Promo winner (for Xbox), and I got my games in the mail today. Excellent! 5 free games - 3 of them brand new, still shrink-wrapped - and 10 free trade credits as a bonus. While I'm not finding much demand for the Xbox games on my library list, I've had pretty good luck with receiving some of the PC games that I've requested.

I'm really glad to see that they are constantly working to improve the site, and are actively here listening and responding to our feedback. I'm excited about where Goozex is headed as they implement some of these new features.

Keep up the good work!

John
(aka LordBubba on CAG and Goozex)[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh man your lucky all i got were 3 PSP games.... oh well I still love Goozex!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed today when I did a search of all PS3 games on Goozex that only 20 showed up and Resistance: Fall of Man was not one of them. Or Full Auto 2... Did some games get accidentally deleted?

[quote name='magiic']Remember folks. If possible tick the Canada box. It only costs $1.95 to send a game here.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to fill out a customs form or anything? Also, I've heard it can take up to a month to get games there, any truth or experience?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Do you have to fill out a customs form or anything? Also, I've heard it can take up to a month to get games there, any truth or experience?[/quote]

on average games take a little over a week to get to me when I buy them, usually less. Customs forms do need to be filled out but it takes like 30 seconds. You right video game on it, give it a value of $10-$20 or less depending what it is. Then tick the "gift" box on the form and you are done.

ok go ahead and type in motorstorm....nothing until you click on coming soon...then it already has requests already even though you can't add it to your list....seems like the database is not catching up with recent games that came out. same with mlb2k7....now resistance is gone also like cheapfrag mentioned.

Hey Everyone...please excuse my delayed responses....we are swamped here at Goozex and I don't mean to have such huge timing gaps between my responses....again sorry for any inconvience -- also it really helps with some of the more experienced users answering questions better than I can!

Let me go member by member from my last post:

Follandboy -- I'm sorry we haven't gotten back to you. You'll be happy to know though that whenever a trade has received negative feedback you are now actually placed in the original spot in the queue. The default setting for this, however, is that your request is on hold just in case you don't want the game anymore.

Sinistar -- hopefully won't get negative feedback if the buyer is ok with an import -- however, if you do we are able to reverse negative feedback.

slidecage -- i'll answer a point/game selection issue below

martin8me -- if you posted as "Full Package" you will be matched with all buyers including those who requested "Disc Only" -- Conversly, if you posted as "Disc Only," then you will only be matched with those that requested "Disc Only." -- thanks icruise!

WaltJay -- I will address the points/game selection issue below

Ahadi -- Manchowder and Mr Unoriginal answered that nicely -- thanks guys....also there are no retarded questions!

txa1265 -- you can leave negative feedback...and if you get the game...email us at feedback @ goozex...and we'll reverse the negative feedback. Also, if the system closes and you've never received a game...again email us at feedback and we'll issue a refund manually.

gpupp -- we do watch for abusive buyers who leave a lot of negative feedback. This has never been an issue **knock on wood**

Mr Unoriginal -- yes both US and Canadian members who trade across the border need to fill out a quick customs slip that is available at every post office.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Everyone,

We have for the last week or so had a problem with our content provider Muze. I'll try to keep the details simple and without prejudice. Basically, we take from their database certain important point data including MSRP and release date. This is in addition to the pictures, game bios, and etc.
Sometime last week we received what we call NULL data -- or in other words game data that was missing MSRP and Release Dates. This has in effect caused a lot of problems in terms of points and game selection.

The good news for us is that it is NOT our fault. The bad news is that we have little to no control. We are working very hard right now on a temporary solution, and in the end this may require us to switch to another content provider.

Not all games are affected and the problem seems to be mostly around newer titles...

I understand this may have already caused some concern and we are sincerely sorry for any problems. I think it is only fair and good customer support that we are upfront about this problem. After we have the database updated and fixed we will be offering 2 weeks of free trades (you'll still need points, but the $1 trade credit won't be needed)...

Thanks in advance for being understanding and patient!

Mark

[quote name='gpupp']thanks goozex...this is why i will be sticking with you due to your honesty![/QUOTE]

Don't forget how hawt that spaced out Dragon is. Hawt dragons are key for me.

[quote name='icruise']I notice that there is no entry for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should take that as a sign ;)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Do you have to fill out a customs form or anything? Also, I've heard it can take up to a month to get games there, any truth or experience?[/quote]

I just sent out a game to canada not too long ago and the receiver got the game in less than a week.

As for the custom forms, not too much to fill out, but if you stop by the USPS office, you can just grab a bunch of them and fill them out before you arrive at the post office for your next package.

The only downside I can think of is that I have to go to USPS office to mail the game. To send to US, I can just weigh the package and put stamps on it and have the mailperson pick up the game along with my regular mail. I'm not sure if the mailperson will allow me to pick up a Canadian addressed package along with my regular mail because of the custom forms. Fortunately, the USPS office isn't too far from me and lines are pretty short.

[quote name='mahzilla']I just sent out a game to canada not too long ago and the receiver got the game in less than a week.

As for the custom forms, not too much to fill out, but if you stop by the USPS office, you can just grab a bunch of them and fill them out before you arrive at the post office for your next package.

The only downside I can think of is that I have to go to USPS office to mail the game. To send to US, I can just weigh the package and put stamps on it and have the mailperson pick up the game along with my regular mail. I'm not sure if the mailperson will allow me to pick up a Canadian addressed package along with my regular mail because of the custom forms. Fortunately, the USPS office isn't too far from me and lines are pretty short.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'm convinced. Canada, prepare to receive my games!

[quote name='gpupp']i've used goozex for the past few months with no problems...but i'm starting to wonder if someone does claim they did not receive the game but in reality did and leave negative feedback. especially with all these new people joining that have 1 or 2 feedbacks only. i guess i could just use signature confirmation.[/quote]

Signature confirmation is expensive. Use delivery confirmation. It's around 55 cents. 14 cents if you use Paypal shipping instead of the post office.

Hey Goozex,
I have a pending trade with a person by the name of Butters. We have agreed to cancel the trade as he is looking for another version of Pac-Man Vs. as opposed to the one that I have on hand. Please cancel this trade. We have mutually agreed to do so. I have emailed your customer service, but we have yet to see a response or change to the trade. Thanks. Lurknomore

Also, you all have convinced me to ship to Canada. I'm hesitant to do so with other trading sites, but I'll give it a go with Goozex. Anyhow, does anyone know about shipping to Bermuda? What's that like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back