Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lurknomore']Hey Goozex,
I have a pending trade with a person by the name of Butters. We have agreed to cancel the trade as he is looking for another version of Pac-Man Vs. as opposed to the one that I have on hand. Please cancel this trade. We have mutually agreed to do so. I have emailed your customer service, but we have yet to see a response or change to the trade. Thanks. Lurknomore[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you both email feedback @ goozex . com with that info?

Quick question for Goozex, but would love to hear other CAG's opinions as well. (I am e-mailing this question directly to Goozex as well)

I requested an older PC game recently, and selected the "Disc + Manual" option. Received the game today, and it is just a disc in a (cracked) jewel case. I don't care about the jewel case - I've got plenty of those around and I can replace that - but there is no manual at all. It appears that this person actually purchased the game this way, but I know that it was originally available in a box with a printed manual. There is a PDF "manual" on the CD, but it's 166 pages long, and that's a lot of ink and paper to print it out myself...

It also shipped 3 days after the ship date shown on the Goozex site, but got here fairly quickly - so that in itself is not a big problem.

Given all that - how would you rate the transaction? I think this person should have listed the game as "disc only", even though it has a jewel case, since there is clearly no manual. On the other hand, I don't really want to give negative (or neutral) feedback unfairly... For me, the manual is important, though - and I specifically chose "disc + manual" rather than "disc only" to try and avoid this situation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

LordBubba

That is a bit of a tough one ... depending on how *he* bought it. For example, I have a number of Mac versions of classic RPG's like Fallout and Baldur's Gate, and *none* of them have printed Manuals, just PDF on the disc, but come in a DVD case. If I offered them up I'd say 'Full Package' because it is - based on the purchase as a new & sealed game.

So I'd PM the guy and find out. Base your feedback largely on his response.

hey everyone...just a quick responses:

lurknomore -- cancelling trades is a manual process that I need to handle -- I'll get to the cancellation this evening

LordBubba -- our standard policy is that we don't refund neutral feedback b/c you have a game that you can play and then post backup on goozex to get more points...there are of course exceptions and txa1265 made a good point about this. You can leave the neutral feedback and if you're not satisfied please email me at feedback @ goozex with the details of the trade and your reason...as you can imagine we're flexible...but i need it to be recorded so that if this really becomes a big problem we can adjust our policy...

rictor -- as usual you give great advice

bermuda -- the USPS policy is that any package being sent outside of the USA to any country requires a customs slip...the exception to this is regular letters.

[quote name='txa1265']That is a bit of a tough one ... depending on how *he* bought it. For example, I have a number of Mac versions of classic RPG's like Fallout and Baldur's Gate, and *none* of them have printed Manuals, just PDF on the disc, but come in a DVD case. If I offered them up I'd say 'Full Package' because it is - based on the purchase as a new & sealed game.

So I'd PM the guy and find out. Base your feedback largely on his response.[/QUOTE]
Based upon previous feedback from Goozex, it was my understanding that jewel case only games (whether bought that way or not) should be listed at Disc only.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2324710&postcount=379

If it originally came with a printed manual then it should come with it if it's listed at Disk+Manual or higher. If it didn't come with one(which is the norm now and not the exception) originally then I wouldn't expect that to be included regardless of where it's listed. I'll Drop some example bombs. Also I'll second the fact that I don't think any of my Mac games except WoW and Railroad Tycoon came with printed manuals of any sort.

Missing - PC/Windows
New came in small box with 3 Disks (manual is on one of the disks in .pdf form)
If I listed this I would list it as full package, even though there is no printed manual because I have the box and all original contents(I'd likly send the box since it's one of those small ones). There's no manual but this is the full package as purchased new. If I wasn't sending the box I would probably list as disk only but I don't think I would hold it against anyone if they listed it as disk+manual since new out of the package the manual was on the disk not printed.

Another example would be the various 'rare gem' versions of Neverwinter Nights - I think both Diamond and Platinum are PDF manuals.

That was all I was saying - it should come as it was made by the publisher.

Defmax agreed what came with it new is how you base "full package" and others. Like I said on the games that I've bought in the past few years (More Mac games than Windows games) it's been the norm to not include any sort of printed manual. At best a quick start card or something.

Say Gooz, whats the word on listing Macintosh games. We're an egar bunch ready to unleash our wallets on more tradepoints.

[quote name='txa1265']Another example would be the various 'rare gem' versions of Neverwinter Nights - I think both Diamond and Platinum are PDF manuals.

That was all I was saying - it should come as it was made by the publisher.[/QUOTE]
I still think jewel case only games should be listed as disc only. A "buyer" assumes that when disc & manual is selected, they are going to get something in addition to the disc. Also, a game may have been sold 2 different ways - big box with CDs, manual and box - or just jewel case (years later). I think the Disc only is more descriptive of what the buyer will be receiving for jewel case games.

Games that came new only in a jewel case new should be listed as such. I think that's reasonable. But if it came in a box and had no printed manual new, to me that's "full package"

I had listed my games incorrectly (full package but listed as disc only) I just fixed them in my library. My question is, does this reset my position in the queue? I'm hoping not, I have a lot titles that show requested but have been sitting in my library for quite some time.
thanks,
-b.

Hey everyone,
I may have accidently caused some confusion about what is disc only and full package when it comes to PC games.

This is our policy for PC games:
Full Package = disc + original manual + original box/case
Disc + Manual = disc + original manual
Disc only = disc only -- even if this is how it was originally sold and/or there is a digital manual on the disc

We know that there are a lot of PC games that were sold as disc only, and to keep things consistent, Full Package means there must be a physical manual and unique box/case.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='McToots']I had listed my games incorrectly (full package but listed as disc only) I just fixed them in my library. My question is, does this reset my position in the queue? I'm hoping not, I have a lot titles that show requested but have been sitting in my library for quite some time.
thanks,
-b.[/quote]

Hi McToots -- no you don't lose your position in the queue.

[quote name='Goozex']
We know that there are a lot of PC games that were sold as disc only, and to keep things consistent, Full Package means there must be a physical manual and unique box/case.[/QUOTE]
I think this is a little problematic for one simple reason: people requesting a game will generally have no way of knowing if it originally came with a manual or not. I have my settings to default to "full package" when I request a game, and I generally always leave it that way. But that would result in games like this never matching, and there would be no way for me to find out why.

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone,
I may have accidently caused some confusion about what is disc only and full package when it comes to PC games.

This is our policy for PC games:
Full Package = disc + original manual + original box/case
Disc + Manual = disc + original manual
Disc only = disc only -- even if this is how it was originally sold and/or there is a digital manual on the disc

We know that there are a lot of PC games that were sold as disc only, and to keep things consistent, Full Package means there must be a physical manual and unique box/case.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

I understand the reasoning behind that decision for simplicity of the trading system. I guess my beef with it is Disc Only implies disk only. If I'm listing as disk only I really don't feel the need to send the whole package at extra cost. I harken back to my prior example. The packaging is half the enjoyment of this game(ok maybe a quarter) but it came with the manual on disk. This isn't one of those 10 dollar jewel case games, it's a full price game, full package as new. I know a lot of people prefer the whole package, I certainly do. I wouldn't want to request this game as disk only and risk getting it as really disk only, I'd want the full package. I understand the complexities but I really don't think I would list this game up if I had to list it as Disk Only. It's too bad you couldn't tick a box on PC games that said Manual on Disk or full package as produced or something to that effect.

I may have said all that in a confusing manner, It's late and I just got back from 300 so my mind is all mashed up.

***EDIT***
As I thought about it some more it seems to me that Full Package really has 2 different meanings. One for Console games and one for Computer games. You'll nary find a Console game that doesn't come with a printed manual where as it's common practice for new full price Computer games to come with the manual on Disk. To me full package is including all that was include when purchased new, if there was a printed manual great, but as is often the case with Computer games it's not. To me, both cases full package as it's how they would be if purchased new. This won't stop me from using goozex by a long shot but it may hinder my listing of Computer games that fall within this "grey" area at this point.

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

Thanks everyone for the input on the "disc only" vs "disc + manual" issue.

I can understand people's concerns about how to list a game when it NEVER came with a manual - but in this particular case, there was a printed manual available. Only later was the game released as a "jewel-case only" version with the PDF manual on the disc.

(the game was Fallout 2, btw)

In fact, the review on Amazon.com states:

"As a special bonus, the user's manual is even better than its predecessor; for once you actually want to read the darn thing!"

Or another one at gamesfirst.com:

"I eagerly awaited Fallout 2, and in many areas it exceeded my expectations. It has an excellent story, fabulous gameplay, dozens of weapons, and is chock full of humor. Even the box and the manual are impressive!"

Which is why I was all the more disappointed not to get a manual. I just don't have the patience to sit and read a 166-page PDF file on the screen, but a nice little paper manual makes good bathroom reading. :) And of course I like to be able to refer to it while playing, without having to quit (or minimize) the game to do so...

Anyway, I appreciate the quick responses by Goozex (both here and via email), and all the opinions that others have expressed here.

If anyone out there has the original manual for Fallout 2, and would be willing to sell it for a couple dollars (plus shipping), please PM me. I may try getting another copy of the game on Goozex so that I can get the manual - but I'm a little concerned about ending up with the same jewel case version again...

Thanks again for all the input!

LordBubba

[quote name='macdude22']I understand the reasoning behind that decision for simplicity of the trading system. I guess my beef with it is Disc Only implies disk only. If I'm listing as disk only I really don't feel the need to send the whole package at extra cost. I harken back to my prior example. The packaging is half the enjoyment of this game(ok maybe a quarter) but it came with the manual on disk. This isn't one of those 10 dollar jewel case games, it's a full price game, full package as new. I know a lot of people prefer the whole package, I certainly do. I wouldn't want to request this game as disk only and risk getting it as really disk only, I'd want the full package. I understand the complexities but I really don't think I would list this game up if I had to list it as Disk Only. It's too bad you couldn't tick a box on PC games that said Manual on Disk or full package as produced or something to that effect.

I may have said all that in a confusing manner, It's late and I just got back from 300 so my mind is all mashed up.

***EDIT***
As I thought about it some more it seems to me that Full Package really has 2 different meanings. One for Console games and one for Computer games. You'll nary find a Console game that doesn't come with a printed manual where as it's common practice for new full price Computer games to come with the manual on Disk. To me full package is including all that was include when purchased new, if there was a printed manual great, but as is often the case with Computer games it's not. To me, both cases full package as it's how they would be if purchased new. This won't stop me from using goozex by a long shot but it may hinder my listing of Computer games that fall within this "grey" area at this point.
[/QUOTE]

macdude - you made your point with that game - but only that game - you should list it as complete IMO if you ever decide to get rid of it. But I buy a lot of PC games (more since joining CAG) and I would say 95% of them have some sort of printed manual. Things may be different for the Mac.

But if you have a complete game like you do with all the trimmings and it didn't come with a manual - listed as complete and you could always PM the "buyer" before shipping - the most you risk is 1 negative feedback.

Well, I did it ... my first negative feedback. I waited until the last possible moment, making sure it wasn't on yesterday's mail, then dropped the negative. Too bad, really. Oh well - I am leaving the refund listing 'on hold' for a couple of days just to make sure it isn't coming ... but by weekend I'll re-request.

Heh ... my second 'deadbeat' just hit the '7 days til close' mark. He replied to my PM rather tersely, stating 'I know my feedback isn't good but I *did* send the game'. I actually never accused him of not sending, nor did I mention his feedback - I asked 'when did you send' and explained that my mail system was slow so I wanted to make sure I was on top of things. Looks like I'm not getting *that* one either ...

I have also wanted to request a few PC games but with the confusing way that they are listed on the site. I want to be sure that the games do come with disc keys when needed, no matter if they are listed as disc only or full package.

Is it a requirement to come with keys when needed?

[quote name='spoo']I have also wanted to request a few PC games but with the confusing way that they are listed on the site. I want to be sure that the games do come with disc keys when needed, no matter if they are listed as disc only or full package.

Is it a requirement to come with keys when needed?[/quote]

I am positive it required to come with the key,

dang it I just got matched on something but my friend just gave me his copy of the gba game since he was done with it

anyway to cancel a match for a request?

I sent out a disk to a user on goozex, he states that the disk is unplayable. the disk does have scratches, but I tested it right before sending it out and it booted up fine. How is something like this resolved. The peson gave me a negative feedback.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']dang it I just got matched on something but my friend just gave me his copy of the gba game since he was done with it

anyway to cancel a match for a request?[/quote]

PM the person the owner of that game and have him email goozex to remove the request and put him back the in the queue. you should also send goozex a message confirming his request.

Hey everyone...

Tonight the Goozex team is flying off to San Francisco where we'll be for the next week. I'll probably have only a few pockets of time to check out the comments and respond...this also goes for info and help @ goozex...thanks in advance for being understanding!

So if you're in the Bay area -- please drop by and say hello and maybe win a prize or two...

One quick site up: due to our user base growing at a fast rate we've switched servers -- hopefully the site is running at a much faster rate now.

Another update: Muze is aware of the db problem and has taken steps to fixing the issues...I think we'll have that 2 weeks of free trades after we get back from CA

Regarding PC disc only vs. full package -- for the moment we're listening to the comments and feedback...

GrayWolf323 -- cancelling a trade is a manual process for us. We need to have both the buyer and seller confirm that the trade needs to be cancelled. Once this is done, then the buyer needs to give positive feedback and let us know in the message area that this trade needs to be cancelled.

Just got a PM from mentos888 about the same situation (but from the buyer side). If the seller has already sent, then our policy is that the trade can't be cancelled and the seller has earned his points. We of course are always willing to hear specific details.

mjainerin -- we don't ask for unplayable discs to be returned. We may in special circumstances ask for them, however, we put the trust on both sides. The seller doesn't lose the points earned for a trade and the buyer is refunded.

Ok -- I hope to see a couple of you in San Franciscon on Thursday night at the Golden Gate Perk Cafe (5:00 - 8:00) www.ggperk.com

i got a problem. I traded a game today for 750 pts. What pushed me to 10850 pts. I go tonight and see that im back down to 10100 pts

I cant get into my account ( shows page is down)

but i no longer see the game i hit YES I WILL SEND OUT AS traded. So did i just lose the game and the pts or what ..

hopefully when the system comes back up it will be fixxed but losing 750 pts is alot of pts to lose

college hoops 2k7 ps2 was traded today around 1130am est time i hit confirm but now its not there

[quote name='Goozex']One quick site up: due to our user base growing at a fast rate we've switched servers -- hopefully the site is running at a much faster rate now.[/QUOTE]

Amazing speed difference!

Goozex: In regards to point values, slidecage's issue brings up a good point. I know that I can view my completed trades/requests but my point values don't add up to my current point value. I'd like to see a single screen with a line-item view of each transaction. Can something like this be added to the list of developments?

[quote name='slidecage']i got a problem. I traded a game today for 750 pts. What pushed me to 10850 pts. I go tonight and see that im back down to 10100 pts

I cant get into my account ( shows page is down)

but i no longer see the game i hit YES I WILL SEND OUT AS traded. So did i just lose the game and the pts or what ..

hopefully when the system comes back up it will be fixxed but losing 750 pts is alot of pts to lose

college hoops 2k7 ps2 was traded today around 1130am est time i hit confirm but now its not there[/QUOTE]

seems fixxed now.. thought it would be nice if there was like a spreedsheet that kept track of pts. RIght now im doing it by hand to keep my pts right

also i think we still need something to confirm if we still want the trade if the pts go up say more then 50%. There was a few games i had i wanted that was around 100 to 250 and they jumped to 450. I would take them for 200 but i would never pay 450 for them and would been upset if i overpaid for a game that i really didnt need

[quote name='slidecage']seems fixxed now.. thought it would be nice if there was like a spreedsheet that kept track of pts. RIght now im doing it by hand to keep my pts right

also i think we still need something to confirm if we still want the trade if the pts go up say more then 50%. There was a few games i had i wanted that was around 100 to 250 and they jumped to 450. I would take them for 200 but i would never pay 450 for them and would been upset if i overpaid for a game that i really didnt need[/quote]

I made that suggestion of a price cap to them a while back and they liked it, so whether they implement it or not is the question.

BTW, is anyone going to the Goozex event in San Francisco?

Hey everyone...
I'm in a cafe in San Francisco right now...

First, thanks for the feedback about spreadsheet review of points. and mahzilla, we have your suggestion in the task list...the problem is time and human power...we're still a very very small outfit of 3 guys...we'll get there with the tasks to complete.

speaking of which, here's our new youtube video about how it works featuring the founder Jon Dugan...you guys won't believe how long it took to film that....i have new respect for any type of film production...and you'll see that ours is nothing special...but it was fun making it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4OEjGurxo

Also, Kotaku completely missed the mark on game trading sites
http://kotaku.com/gaming/trading/switchplanet-+-swap-games-free-online-245648.php

finally,

number one reason why should come to the SF get together is the game prizes...

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone...
I'm in a cafe in San Francisco right now...

First, thanks for the feedback about spreadsheet review of points. and mahzilla, we have your suggestion in the task list...the problem is time and human power...we're still a very very small outfit of 3 guys...we'll get there with the tasks to complete.

speaking of which, here's our new youtube video about how it works featuring the founder Jon Dugan...you guys won't believe how long it took to film that....i have new respect for any type of film production...and you'll see that ours is nothing special...but it was fun making it...

Also, Kotaku completely missed the mark on game trading sites
http://kotaku.com/gaming/trading/switchplanet-+-swap-games-free-online-245648.php

finally,

number one reason why should come to the SF get together is the game prizes...[/quote]

Man, wish I could go and It's just a 10-min. drive! But I'm booked.

I wanna win some prizes (again). Like the video!

so i sign up to get a game i want which says available now!!!(yea right) for 200 points, so i end up buying points because i already have the trade credits. I wait a week , and nothing, eventhough the game is "available NOW". Im trying to figure out what I dont understand about the word NOW. I mean i get nothing....no info....no email nothing......So i wait a couple days later. Sign in and the points have gone up to 250...So i say wow this is a cheap tactic, but i have waited like 2 weeks so i'll buy some more points....:( next day the game is 900 points???!?!?! wtf?!?!? is this a joke?? bait and switch, I mean what is the deal? am i wrong for wanting my money back. I think if the game is available now and you request it the points should be locked in? IF ITS AVAILABLE NOW....NOW!!!! but i wait 15 days and the price goes up twice after i BUY points to get the game...NOW IM STUCK WITH USELESS GOOZEX POINTS...

im gonna go read up on the definition of now....im clearly missing something..

man if i had a buck for everytime i was walking in the woods carrying my copy of gears of war and call of duty 3 i would be a rich man....

nice vid...very clear and simple....good work...

[quote name='arseniotall']so i sign up to get a game i want which says available now!!!(yea right) for 200 points, so i end up buying points because i already have the trade credits. I wait a week , and nothing, eventhough the game is "available NOW". Im trying to figure out what I dont understand about the word NOW. I mean i get nothing....no info....no email nothing......So i wait a couple days later. Sign in and the points have gone up to 250...So i say wow this is a cheap tactic, but i have waited like 2 weeks so i'll buy some more points....:( next day the game is 900 points???!?!?! wtf?!?!? is this a joke?? bait and switch, I mean what is the deal? am i wrong for wanting my money back. I think if the game is available now and you request it the points should be locked in? IF ITS AVAILABLE NOW....NOW!!!! but i wait 15 days and the price goes up twice after i BUY points to get the game...NOW IM STUCK WITH USELESS GOOZEX POINTS...

im gonna go read up on the definition of now....im clearly missing something..[/quote]

Hi arseniotall -- I quickly checked what games you requested and both of them are much higher in point value than what you have. For example, 2006 Fifa World Cup (X360) is 650 points and Major League Baseball 2K7 is 900 points.

What that means is that you need that amount of points to get a match for those games. There are multiple sellers for Fifa World Cup and a few for MLB 2K7.

In addition to buying points, you can also trade games for points. Hopefully some of your games listed like GTA Vice City will get picked up soon.

Sorry for any site misunderstanding.

uconnrh11 - lol...

no I dont think you understand. When i signed up for your service MLB 2k7 FOR XBOX 360 WAS 200 points. I purchased enough points for the game and requested it WHILE IT WAS...dare i say....AVAILABLE NOW

no I dont think you understand. When i signed up for your service MLB 2k7 FOR XBOX 360 WAS 200 points. I purchased enough points for the game and requested it WHILE IT WAS...dare i say....AVAILABLE NOW

I think you must be mistaken. I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would offered up MLB2k7 for 200 points. I know thats where the price was at as I have had that game in my que for about a week before it was released. There was really no way anyone was going to list up a copy of that game when it had a value of 200 points.

Part of the problem may be that games that are not yet released often seem to have very low points values on the site. These go up when the game actually comes out. I don't know if that applies in this case, but I've never seen a game that's actually available go up in points more than 100 or so, and they usually go down.

If a game is listed as "available now" that means someone has it in their library, but it doesn't guarantee that you'll get a copy. They might not have it at all (could be a mistake or an attempt at fraud) or someone else could be in the queue ahead of you.

[quote name='arseniotall']no I dont think you understand. When i signed up for your service MLB 2k7 FOR XBOX 360 WAS 200 points. I purchased enough points for the game and requested it WHILE IT WAS...dare i say....AVAILABLE NOW

if you go back through this thread you will see that recently they had a bit of trouble with the points system specifically on the newer games ( hence baseball for 200 points) - the system is now updated and appears to be fixed so MLB is back at the value it should be at....but the values can shift by 50 or 100 points or so depending on the games value and length out...

also just because a game is available doesn't mean you can request it and just get it - for most games there is list of people waiting for the game based off of when you requested the game - so the line could be long - so unless it says available and no one else has requested it there will be a wait....

hope this helps

Hi arseniotall -- I understand the problem now -- thanks for clarifying. A couple weeks back our content provider, Muze, messed up on some key data that we use to calculate points. For MLB 2K7 they gave it a MSRP of 0 which brought down the point price significantly. This caught us completely off guard and we have fixed most of the problems with them -- to their credit they have been proactive about the situation and working well with us.

I'm going to send you a PM about a solution for the problem and please let me know if it's acceptable. I'm going to be away for the rest of the day, and I'll be able to check later tonight.

Thanks for being understanding!

erock -- thanks for the PM about this!

[quote name='magiic']haha apparently. Four good response within mere moments of each other.[/QUOTE]

...and they say they only have 3 employees ;)

And when you saw it as 'available now', did you check whether or not there were others in queue? When you click on it you see 'Available as' and 'Requested as' with different packaging states depending on what is there.

So for example, if I go to the front page now and click on Prey I see that it is both available and requested. So even if I have enough points and trades I might not get it straight away.

Are you aware of this?

Or of punctuation and the 'shift key'? ;)

[quote name='txa1265']And when you saw it as 'available now', did you check whether or not there were others in queue? When you click on it you see 'Available as' and 'Requested as' with different packaging states depending on what is there.

So for example, if I go to the front page now and click on Prey I see that it is both available and requested. So even if I have enough points and trades I might not get it straight away.

Are you aware of this?

Or of punctuation and the 'shift key'? ;)[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the copy he is referring too has been listed available in full package since the weekend, and that it started at 200 pts and has risen to 900. Even though I knew the price was a mistake, I was hoping to get the deal of the month too.

umm it was listed at 200 pts and available now....so i requested it and waited...if no one would offer it at 200 pts it shouldnt be listed as available now...comprende??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back