Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='erock']I can confirm that the copy he is referring too has been listed available in full package since the weekend, and that it started at 200 pts and has risen to 900. Even though I knew the price was a mistake, I was hoping to get the deal of the month too.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt the screw up - what I am asking is if when 'arseniotall' clicked to request the game was there no other request in there? He seems to be saying that he expected the game in the mail as soon as he clicked 'gimme'. Perhaps I'm misreading his frustration, that's why I'm checking.

I GOT YOUR SHIFT KEY RIGHT HERE, but may i also say that this is not the customer service message board for the site, so anything that was posted days or weeks ago i would not have known about b4 i signed up for the service...I just posted here because it seems that the company responds faster to this message board then to their customer support emails....y? i dont know?

anyways im not gonna get in any battles over anyone over punctuation on a message board because thats always an attempt to avoid the point, but everything i have stated is still true and i still see it as an issue. The game was available for 200 points...there was no queue it was package and disc only available.....Im not looking for a free game, just posting my experience so others wont get hoodwinked like I did.

txa1265- No my frustration is the fact that I dropped a teeny bit of cash for points thinking i was gonna get a game that was listed as available now for 200 points. I didnt expect the game to arrive in my mail the same day. I actually waited a while. My frustration is that I requested an available game at a specific point value. If it was listd as unavailable now then i would totally understand, but it was listed as available now so i figured the game would be 200 points now....

Thank you for those who have helped....

[quote name='txa1265']I don't doubt the screw up - what I am asking is if when 'arseniotall' clicked to request the game was there no other request in there? He seems to be saying that he expected the game in the mail as soon as he clicked 'gimme'. Perhaps I'm misreading his frustration, that's why I'm checking.[/QUOTE]

I know my request was in there, so either way, arsenio wouldn't have gotten the game. But it didn't match for me either, so I assume it belongs to someone that has reached their max transations. I took my request out after it went to 900 so when you get enough points it's all yours!!!

[quote name='arseniotall']I GOT YOUR SHIFT KEY RIGHT HERE,[/QUOTE]
Sorry to offend - I was joking around, thus the 'smiley'.

[quote name='arseniotall'] My frustration is that I requested an available game at a specific point value. If it was listd as unavailable now then i would totally understand, but it was listed as available now so i figured the game would be 200 points now....[/QUOTE]
I understand the frustration, but was wondering about the expectations. The way the system works is that when someone lists a game it shows up as 'available' even if there are already pending requests until the 'match' is confirmed. So that when you saw the game it might already have been matched to someone else but not confirmed. I wonder if there is a way to have a 'trade pending' indicator in that case?

[quote name='txa1265']Sorry to offend - I was joking around, thus the 'smiley'.

I understand the frustration, but was wondering about the expectations. The way the system works is that when someone lists a game it shows up as 'available' even if there are already pending requests until the 'match' is confirmed. So that when you saw the game it might already have been matched to someone else but not confirmed. I wonder if there is a way to have a 'trade pending' indicator in that case?[/QUOTE]

If a match is made it is removed from the available now category. This particular title is still not matched.

man i want someone to start listing good DS and psp games soon (hopefully RPG games)

sitting back over 11k and nothing really to get. Though i love my

FF 12 collectors ed and marvel vs capcom 2. that i got off this site. hopefully more games i been looking for come soon. HOpefully i can get hooked up with contact soon. got it off CC for 17 new but if i can get it for 500 pts here im taking back my sealed copy

thank u erock!!!

anyways, it was an error on their part obviously. I really hope goozex succeeds because it is a much needed service. I just think the plan should've been mapped up a little tighter before they went public with it. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out.

[quote name='slidecage']man i want someone to start listing good DS and psp games soon (hopefully RPG games)[/QUOTE]

Good PSP RPG's ... good luck ;)

[quote name='arseniotall']thank u erock!!!

anyways, it was an error on their part obviously. I really hope goozex succeeds because it is a much needed service. I just think the plan should've been mapped up a little tighter before they went public with it. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out.[/QUOTE]

These guys are an absolute class act and I'm sure they will do right by you. TXA hit it on the head though about expectations. Those 3 fine gents don't have any power over who decides to trade what. That is up to the community and you have to be realistic about that.

TANSTAAFL
This is CAG, but if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Expecting to get a new release game for $10.00-12.50 seems unreasonable to me. I can't remember a deal *that* good in CAG history.

The Goozex guys are doing a bang-up job with such a young and lean operation. This pre-order/new pricing bug was discussed in this thread before this fiasco, and they fixed it.

More feedback about trading activity would be helpful. It's difficult to gauge demand and wait-time-before-trading for items that are constantly available and requested. I've learned a lot since joining at the start of this promotion and trading away a little over a dozen games. (E.g., GC games are hot from Wii B/C, fewer traders, and few stellar Wii titles.)

I've seen reference to a queue feature that was removed when the international options were added. The binary "available" and "requested" icons are rather blunt indicators. Restoring the queue should be at the top of your list of features to add.

Knowing how many trades were completed on each particular item in the last month / year would also be helpful. If you don't want to divulge those statistics just yet, a qualitative range scale would help in the interim. That info coupled with queue information could allow for estimates of time-to-trade if each stat weren't too blurry. Hell, you could even make an accurate time-to-trade estimate if you did the calculation server side.

A questions for Goozex: What would you say is the appropriate procedure for giving someone a negative feedback. I usually wait until I get the message from Goozex that there is a week left before the trade closes, I message the person and then two days later I give a negative. Am I being too generous with time? Not enough?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']A questions for Goozex: What would you say is the appropriate procedure for giving someone a negative feedback. I usually wait until I get the message from Goozex that there is a week left before the trade closes, I message the person and then two days later I give a negative. Am I being too generous with time? Not enough?[/QUOTE]

I just had to leave my second negative, and it makes me sick ...

Here is my process:
- Wait 2 weeks after 'ship date'. If no game, ask 'when shipped'
- Wait until 1 week notice from Goozex. PM again inquiring.
- 3 day notice comes from Goozex, final PM.
- Last day - negative feedback with recount of communications for their records.

It is weird - no negatives for more than 7 months since joining and now two in a row ... frustrating. These aren't 'big ticket' things, either.

[quote name='arseniotall']umm it was listed at 200 pts and available now....so i requested it and waited...if no one would offer it at 200 pts it shouldnt be listed as available now...comprende??[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but if a new trader lists a game it may show as available but cannot actually be traded until that person's trade slots open up(which in some cases can take a week or more). They have to do this to cut down on fraud.
This is why you sometimes see highly requested games still listed as available for a long period of time.

[quote name='erock']These guys are an absolute class act and I'm sure they will do right by you. TXA hit it on the head though about expectations. Those 3 fine gents don't have any power over who decides to trade what. That is up to the community and you have to be realistic about that.[/quote]

Yea they did fine by me, but its still an issue with the system not the community. The problem is with this whole available now system. Nothing will stop a requested game from constantly changing price while it sits in your request pile as available now. They should approach this another way which is closer real time.

[quote name='arseniotall']Nothing will stop a requested game from constantly changing price while it sits in your request pile as available now. [/QUOTE]

True.

Earlier in this thread some requested an option to set trade prices or trade ranges kinda like limit orders in the stock market. That feature seems like it would require substantial development -- so don't hold your breath -- but Goozex could use that data to tweak the trading prices more like a real market. How neat would that be?

Right now, requesters use the hold feature and watch prices. Even as an imperfect solution, it seems to work well.

they should just put the number of available games up. Once someone puts it up for trade they agree to the points. If there arent any games up for trade just say so...y is it that hard?

[quote name='arseniotall']they should just put the number of available games up. Once someone puts it up for trade they agree to the points. If there arent any games up for trade just say so...y is it that hard?[/QUOTE]

what happened with mlb 2k7 is pretty rare. the only situation i am aware of for a game to be listed as available, and not be available, is when the owner does not have enough available transactions. i wish those games did not show as available too, but for the most part, if it's listed as available, it's available.

[quote name='arseniotall']they should just put the number of available games up.[/QUOTE]

That would be helpful information, but there may be issues with disclosing proprietary info like that. Plus, how many games are available isn't all that helpful unless you know if they are spoken for or not (how many requesters there are in front of you). Estimated time-to-trade would be more useful.

[quote name='arseniotall']Once someone puts it up for trade they agree to the points.[/QUOTE]

You have to allow for prices to change; otherwise, there will be shortages and oversupplies. The whole trading system would effectively grind to a halt.

But what happens when the price changes? You can't have two prices for the same item (one for the old listings and one for the new listings). That's just confusing and raises a number of problems.

Right now, a request is a market order. You pay in points whatever the market price is at the time the trade clears. What you really want is a limit order -- you "buy" the game as long as the market price is equal to or less than the price on the limit order (or when it reaches the limit order price).

There are many problems with the market-based clearing system I was musing about, too -- prices could fluctuate a lot more, and they would be subject to manipulation since this isn't a thick market.

I have a question for you Goozex. My account name is Hawkeyes and i am having a problem. I want to trade Splinter Cell for the 360 and it says i am active in the status. It says this game is being requested but i am not getting any offers for this game. How long will it take for me to get a match for this game? Thanks.

[quote name='jmiller80']That would be helpful information, but there may be issues with disclosing proprietary info like that. Plus, how many games are available isn't all that helpful unless you know if they are spoken for or not (how many requesters there are in front of you). Estimated time-to-trade would be more useful.

You have to allow for prices to change; otherwise, there will be shortages and oversupplies. The whole trading system would effectively grind to a halt.

But what happens when the price changes? You can't have two prices for the same item (one for the old listings and one for the new listings). That's just confusing and raises a number of problems.

Right now, a request is a market order. You pay in points whatever the market price is at the time the trade clears. What you really want is a limit order -- you "buy" the game as long as the market price is equal to or less than the price on the limit order (or when it reaches the limit order price).

There are many problems with the market-based clearing system I was musing about, too -- prices could fluctuate a lot more, and they would be subject to manipulation since this isn't a thick market.[/quote]

One thing that probably should have been mentioned in the first place: the seller has the final say on whether to trade the game for a specific amount of points or not. So if MLB 07 was put in the library, he gets an offer for 200 points, that'll raise a red flag to the seller and he/she will most likely decline it. Goozex does not force the seller to give up the game for that price simply becuase the seller put the game in the library just as EB/GS does not force you to give them the game for their offer just because you walked into the store with that game in hand. Afterall, the ripoff offers of EB/GS are the reason why we're using Goozex in the first place.

[quote name='samnap']I have a question for you Goozex. My account name is Hawkeyes and i am having a problem. I want to trade Splinter Cell for the 360 and it says i am active in the status. It says this game is being requested but i am not getting any offers for this game. How long will it take for me to get a match for this game? Thanks.[/quote]

There's actually a queue hidden from the users that you're placed in. When a buyer requests your game, the sellers ahead of you get the request first. Only when you're at the front of the queue do you get the match. Time depends on how many people request your game and the people ahead of you.

Oho! 2 weeks of fruitless matches and today I get God of War II. Well worth the wait. I was starting to wonder if i'd ever get to use all these points :)

[quote name='slidecage']man i want someone to start listing good DS and psp games soon (hopefully RPG games)

sitting back over 11k and nothing really to get. Though i love my

FF 12 collectors ed and marvel vs capcom 2. that i got off this site. hopefully more games i been looking for come soon. HOpefully i can get hooked up with contact soon. got it off CC for 17 new but if i can get it for 500 pts here im taking back my sealed copy[/QUOTE]

I'll be listing Lunar if I ever finish it, if thats any consolation.

[quote name='TahoeMax']11,000 points?! holy moly :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

what is what happens when you have a ton of games just sitting around . I would rather take most of the games here then to dump them on ebay.

Say you have a game that fetches 400 pts but sells for say 20 bucks on ebay. I can take those 400 pts and pick up 2 to 3 cheap ds games. good luck getting 3 Ds games on ebay for 20 shipped lol

I was down to around 8000 pts few weeks back but after sending out a few more im back over 11k. I wonder how i rank on feedback. I got a feedback score of

feedback score of 480

wonder how high that is in the system : )

love the site best games i got off this site so far

gallop racer 2006
capcom vs marvel 2
dark allanice 2
ff 12 collectors ed
digimon world (even though it was like 500 when i got it now down to 300 : ( LOL)

damn! i received 600 points during the weekend and had a game in my queue that required 600 points. i wait for awhile b/c nobody had it in their library to send out. i check today and they raised the points to 700 now!!:bomb:

Well, imagine my surprise ... I had the package from my first negative feedback arrive today. *FIVE WEEKS* after the 'will ship on' date. It had St. Patrick's stickers on it and a little 'sorry for taking so long' on the sheet. I had waited a week since giving the negative feedback to take the refunded credits off 'hold' and almost immediately matched again.

So now I have two copies of a game - one I assumed was never coming, and another already on the way. Great ...

I have a suggestion, which may have been suggested already. How about an email when a game in your request list rises in point value, or even a daily email on what the point changes were in the games in both your library and request list?

[quote name='encendido5']I have a suggestion, which may have been suggested already. How about an email when a game in your request list rises in point value, or even a daily email on what the point changes were in the games in both your library and request list?[/QUOTE]

doubt that will happen anytime soon. too many games to keep track of. Best is just check your list every day . that is what i do.

got to love that new Mario basketball game for the ds listed at 100 pts. LOL

hi goozex:

is there a eta on when the database will be updated? seems like a lot of new games aren't getting tracked...i know from you mentioning before you were having issues with the database provider...just wondering.

Hey everyone!

Gotta run real fast so just some quick answers...will review if I missed anything...

First though, met Mahzilla yesterday in San Francisco -- only CAG to come out -- a few other friends...but overall not the best showing.

Mahzilla is not only a great guy in person, he's become a great asset to Goozex on the CAG forums especially for helping out when I'm away. He walked away with Double Agent for 360 and Metal Slug for Wii, some magazines and other small prizes.

ok the quick answers:

Mr Unoriginal -- there is no recommendation other than if you get the 3 day notice to leave feedback and you haven't received the game then you should start to think about it. Of course it all depends on your personal preference.
Two important points about feedback -- we can always reverse negative or give negative if the system closes. Just send us a note to feedback @ Goozex...

I spoke with Mahzilla about the queue system and since i've got to run, maybe he can chime in on that real quick for me...otherwise I'll tackle that when I have a chance

gpupp -- no eta since we've been in CA. We'll have a status next week when we return to DC. To my understanding, Muze is working on updating their db.

talk to everyone soon!

[quote name='txa1265']Well, imagine my surprise ... I had the package from my first negative feedback arrive today. *FIVE WEEKS* after the 'will ship on' date. It had St. Patrick's stickers on it and a little 'sorry for taking so long' on the sheet. I had waited a week since giving the negative feedback to take the refunded credits off 'hold' and almost immediately matched again.

So now I have two copies of a game - one I assumed was never coming, and another already on the way. Great ...[/quote]

So you're complaining about receiving a free game? Your points were refunded and you used them to request the same game...you got 2 copies for the price of one...doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

Somebody sent me a goozex game today by Fed-ex ground. Apparently cost them almost $7. I've also gotten some games by priority mail and one by DHL. I can't understand why someone would spend so much to send a game -- especially since these were low valued games to begin with.

[quote name='icruise']Somebody sent me a goozex game today by Fed-ex ground. Apparently cost them almost $7. I've also gotten some games by priority mail and one by DHL. I can't understand why someone would spend so much to send a game -- especially since these were low valued games to begin with.[/QUOTE]

i had a few people send me games priority mail. i think they are trying to get feedback quickly so they can get more request

haha I got a game via standard USPS whatever shipping but it came in a fucking huge box. He could of fit like another 20 ps2 games into to his box.

[quote name='Rictor']So you're complaining about receiving a free game? Your points were refunded and you used them to request the same game...you got 2 copies for the price of one...doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.[/QUOTE]

hehe ... that is what Goozex said to me (pretty much, he said 'and your problem is ... ?!?!')

I hate leaving negative feedback, and try to give the other person every opportunity to make good on their promises. It sickened me to leave 2 negatives within a week, and then have one of the games actually show up.

I asked them to reverse the negative, but you're right - I get a free game to relist or give away, so why complain ;)

[quote name='slidecage']i had a few people send me games priority mail. i think they are trying to get feedback quickly so they can get more request[/QUOTE]

I had to send my copy of Oblivion:CE (360) by priority mail since they said it was too big for first class. I waited in line far too long to ask why. I normally send it out first class with delivery confirmation.

[quote name='sallyballs']I had to send my copy of Oblivion:CE (360) by priority mail since they said it was too big for first class. I waited in line far too long to ask why. I normally send it out first class with delivery confirmation.[/QUOTE]

If it's too heavy for First Class send it Media Mail next time, saves a couple buxx. Especially with the coming postal rate increase.

[quote name='macdude22']If it's too heavy for First Class send it Media Mail next time, saves a couple buxx. Especially with the coming postal rate increase.[/QUOTE]

I would have to dissagre. To save a dollar or two for yourself could lead to a month of waiting for the person expecting the game. Also, if he's not patient, it could lead to a negative feedback.

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone!

Gotta run real fast so just some quick answers...will review if I missed anything...

First though, met Mahzilla yesterday in San Francisco -- only CAG to come out -- a few other friends...but overall not the best showing.

Mahzilla is not only a great guy in person, he's become a great asset to Goozex on the CAG forums especially for helping out when I'm away. He walked away with Double Agent for 360 and Metal Slug for Wii, some magazines and other small prizes.

ok the quick answers:

Mr Unoriginal -- there is no recommendation other than if you get the 3 day notice to leave feedback and you haven't received the game then you should start to think about it. Of course it all depends on your personal preference.
Two important points about feedback -- we can always reverse negative or give negative if the system closes. Just send us a note to feedback @ Goozex...

I spoke with Mahzilla about the queue system and since i've got to run, maybe he can chime in on that real quick for me...otherwise I'll tackle that when I have a chance

gpupp -- no eta since we've been in CA. We'll have a status next week when we return to DC. To my understanding, Muze is working on updating their db.

talk to everyone soon![/quote]

Had a great time meeting the goozex people too! We talked for about 2.5 hours on games, running the website, and general life experiences. Fun conversations!

Anyways, as for queues, revealing your spot may be misleading to the user. For example, being the #1 spot in a queue does not guarantee that you'll receive that game right away. People assume that since they're #1, they'll receieve the game very soon, but it may actually be weeks or months before a seller decides to put the game up for trade. Introducing netflix's style of "short wait, long wait, soon" also has the same problem of being misleading as well. I pretty much agree with Goozex's decision not to include queues since they will introduce more problems than necessary to the average user.

All is not lost though, they're trying to come up with some ideas and for a team of three, they've done a great job helping the users and including them when building the site!

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone!

ok the quick answers:

talk to everyone soon![/QUOTE]

you should come to fort wayne. we will have more then 1 person show LOL

was shocked to see MLB '07 The Show suddenly jump from being on 100 points to 850 points

quickly listed my copy and got a request shortly after since so many people had requested it at only 100 points

that game only cost me $20 (bought used plus some store credit) and just got over 850 points when it only costs $40 new o_O

[quote name='GrayWolf323']was shocked to see MLB '07 The Show suddenly jump from being on 100 points to 850 points

quickly listed my copy and got a request shortly after since so many people had requested it at only 100 points

that game only cost me $20 (bought used plus some store credit) and just got over 850 points when it only costs $40 new o_O[/quote]
bet you've got one pissed off person on the other end lol

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I would have to dissagre. To save a dollar or two for yourself could lead to a month of waiting for the person expecting the game. Also, if he's not patient, it could lead to a negative feedback.[/QUOTE]
In my experience, media mail doesn't that much longer than first class. Certainly not a month.

To Goozex,

Warriors 135, Wizards 128

:applause:

Talked a bit about the NBA with Goozex in SF and they mentioned they were Wizzards fans and that I was the first Warriors fan they've met.

[quote name='icruise']In my experience, media mail doesn't that much longer than first class. Certainly not a month.[/QUOTE]

I've also shipped many items over the years media mail and at most it's taken a week, often for me it's been just as fast as first class would have been. The most it's supposed to take is 2 weeks, I've never had anything take that long though. In my experience, when something takes significantly longer than it should in the mail, it's been because the shipper hasn't sent it out on time. Not saying that's always the case (I've had netflix disks lost in the mail only to show up 4 months later, did the postmaster eat it?).

just had something really strange happen
was going on to ship something out today (was supposed to mail by yesterday but couldn't get to the post office) but its not listed on my available as to ship yet

checked and the guy left feedback today saying he got it (positive) and I don't even have his address written down

what should I do?

[quote name='GrayWolf323']just had something really strange happen
was going on to ship something out today (was supposed to mail by yesterday but couldn't get to the post office) but its not listed on my available as to ship yet

checked and the guy left feedback today saying he got it (positive) and I don't even have his address written down

what should I do?[/QUOTE]

what is the name of the user that sent you positive feedback right away? I'm in a similar situation with a user who wanted to leave feedback immediately after we were matched to free up his trade slot.
It seemed kind of weird and suspicious because he was a new user and had two games sent with no feedback. I figured he was trying to get as many games sent to him as possible before those games were reported as not arriving.

EDIT: The guy I'm dealing with has been sent two more games since I last checked and still has not received any feedback for the two high-value games he supposedly sent.
He joined March 5th, supposedly sent 2 games, received 6 already(obviously by giving good feedback right away to clear his tradeslot) and NO feedback yet.

I contacted Goozex about this and appearantly this guy has multiple accounts and is abusing them or something. I never sent the game but I couldn't anyways for the same reason as you had... he sent feedback before I could print the address.

ManChowder - my guy's username is hess123

registered March 11th has already sent 2 and received 5 and same as yours hasn't received any feedback yet

oh and it says he's located in Pennslyvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back