Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GrayWolf323']ManChowder - my guy's username is hess123

registered March 11th has already sent 2 and received 5 and same as yours hasn't received any feedback yet

oh and it says he's located in Pennslyvania[/QUOTE]

The one I'm dealing with is and he's based out of California. He should be receiving some kind of feedback soon since it looks like his sent games have been out at least 2 weeks.

If I were you I would contact Goozex before trying to send and see what he thinks. What hess123 is doing is also extremely suspicious.

Goozex, is there a rule against doing what these people are doing(immediately giving feedback)? I would assume that this would be a good way to catch scammers before they get too many games.

Goozex, I'm having a problem recently. I'm not receiving any emails from you. When I first signed up, I was getting them no problem. Now I can't get any when a game is coming to me or when a request has been made. I re-entered my email address in your system and it said an email was sent to me and I haven't gotten anything. I don't have any spam filters so I don't think it's going there. Any ideas?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Goozex, I'm having a problem recently. I'm not receiving any emails from you. When I first signed up, I was getting them no problem. Now I can't get any when a game is coming to me or when a request has been made. I re-entered my email address in your system and it said an email was sent to me and I haven't gotten anything. I don't have any spam filters so I don't think it's going there. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I am also having this issue -- no notification e-mails from Goozex. If I didn't sign on daily, I'd miss some trades.

[quote name='jmiller80']I am also having this issue -- no notification e-mails from Goozex. If I didn't sign on daily, I'd miss some trades.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Bummer for me is I agreed to a trade, didn't write down or print out the address, tried to re-enter my email to double check. Now I can't access my account to get the guys address. I hope this doesn't cost me feedback because something is screwy with the goozex site.

My account has has wrong totals for points and trades (lost 650 points and 1 trade) with no indication of a recent match. In fact the error caused me to miss out on a trade for Okami.:cry:

I suggest everyone check their totals to make sure they are correct.

I have already e-mailed goozex and hope to have this situation resolved quickly.

Update: I'm an idiot. Everything was right. Sorry Goozex.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Anyone else having the email problem? I emailed customer support yesterday morning but still no response and I can't access my account.[/QUOTE]
My email is fine - I got a request on Saturday and an 'game in the mail' today.

[quote name='txa1265']My email is fine - I got a request on Saturday and an 'game in the mail' today.[/QUOTE]

TXA my man! Just got another one of your games today. Feedback is forthcoming.

For the record my points and trades are fine. Haven't missed any e-mails either.

Help me!! I dont understand this website. I have splinter Cell in my que and it says its active. people are requesting this game so why wont it find a match? It has been in there over a week. Goozex, my account name is Hawkeyes. Thanks

[quote name='samnap']Help me!! I dont understand this website. I have splinter Cell in my que and it says its active. people are requesting this game so why wont it find a match? It has been in there over a week. Goozex, my account name is Hawkeyes. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Goozex automatically puts you in a queue for each game in your list. It's possible that you are 100 (making it up) in the queue and will be matched once the first 99 ahead have already been.

[quote name='samnap']Help me!! I dont understand this website. I have splinter Cell in my que and it says its active. people are requesting this game so why wont it find a match? It has been in there over a week. Goozex, my account name is Hawkeyes. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Typically when this happens to me I realize that the people who have it on request don't have enough trades or points to make the trade. Of course, if there are some email notification issues that might be a different deal ...

Goozex - Did you guys ever send out the prizes for the Feb promo? It's been like a month and I never got them...just the confirmation that they were shipping out in a couple days (and that was I think 3-4 weeks ago now)

What the what? I just got an email that I had Insufficient credit for a game. I bought credit that I needed for it, and now the game isn't on there.....

Wow....I feel I just spent $15 for no reason now....

On average, how many days does it take untill you guys get a request?

I have 5 games on library and the last time I got a request was 10 days ago.

[quote name='martin8me']On average, how many days does it take untill you guys get a request?

I have 5 games on library and the last time I got a request was 10 days ago.[/quote]

I haven't got any requests for maybe two to three weeks, but those very games that aren't requested have been in the list ever since I joined Goozex, since Jan I think.

I got a response from Goozex today. I'll post it here since it will probably apply to others:

Thanks for contacting the Goozex Team about this issue. We are currently working to fix this problem as we just recently made a large server change and something seems to have not transferred properly. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in working with us to correct this error. We will be in touch shortly once the issue is resolved. Until then, please feel free to contact us further if you have any more inquiries.

Seems like they are on top of it, but we'll see how long it takes.

[quote name='ryoga79']fuck, you mean I bought $15 in points for no reason because of a server error? damn...[/QUOTE]

Well when they figure it out, all may be fixed. Plus these are really really down to earth, good guys, so if you explain everything and have a receipt for your credit card I'm sure it will be fine.

Yea, because the only reason I spent the money on my cc was to get hte points to get the game, that is no longer there. and I don't really see any other games on there that I want and I could use the money going back on my CC, especially with me moving and all.....

[quote name='ryoga79']Yea, because the only reason I spent the money on my cc was to get hte points to get the game, that is no longer there. and I don't really see any other games on there that I want and I could use the money going back on my CC, especially with me moving and all.....[/QUOTE]

You seem to be under the impression that the e-mail you got was a warning to go buy points before the offer expires. That's not the case. The e-mail is kind of a "better luck next time" message to say that it was available, but since you didn't have the points, it's moving on to someone that does. It doesn't just sit on hold waiting for you to buy more points, it just moves onto the next person in line.

[quote name='PRMega']You seem to be under the impression that the e-mail you got was a warning to go buy points before the offer expires. That's not the case. The e-mail is kind of a "better luck next time" message to say that it was available, but since you didn't have the points, it's moving on to someone that does. It doesn't just sit on hold waiting for you to buy more points, it just moves onto the next person in line.[/QUOTE]

yea it was just bad luck for you that the next person in the queue (or someone before it would've gotten back round to you) happened to have the points needed

[quote name='mjainerin']is there anyway to reedem your points or games for cash[/quote]
nope, the points are for trading games only, but they're more fair than going to GS or EB

wow...i've missed 3 pages of comments & questions...
Back from CA and it was a great trip overall.

icruise -- since we launched in July, I've seen from time to time people really spend a lot on shipping. I remember one member sent his first few games with Fedex overnight...something like $18 per package...I had to send him a personal email recommending that he spend less b/c users were feeling bad for him...

slidecage -- was out in Indianapolis for a World Cyber Games event...it was one of those really hot and humid Indiana days that nearly killed us...Is Chicago too far for an event? (just thinking in case anything big comes up there like the MLG games or something...)

mahzilla -- correction: Jon is a Wizards fan...I'm a Spurs fan...

GrayWolf323 -- There are 2 scammers who are using the same tricks as you described.
1. hess in PA
2. b martin in CA
Their accounts are not operating
Send me an email directly to feedback @ Goozex if you ever suspect a member and I will help you personally.

TahoeMax -- yes games were sent...half the people got them and for one reason or another the other half hasn't yet. I will follow up with you offline today about that.

Martin8me -- trading level depends on two things: demand and supply -- add to that points and trade credits needed. One example: Gears of War for a seller will move very fast, whereas Madden 05 will not move at all.

Mr Unoriginal -- sorry for the formal email -- we gotta have a professional email for everyone. I know our tech guy worked on the email issues this morning...

mjainerin -- no you cannot redeem points for cash -- we'd be out of business very fast if that was the case.

FrankTheFrowner -- both TMNT and Tetris Evolution is now ready for trade...

[quote name='Goozex']icruise -- since we launched in July, I've seen from time to time people really spend a lot on shipping. I remember one member sent his first few games with Fedex overnight...something like $18 per package...I had to send him a personal email recommending that he spend less b/c users were feeling bad for him...
[/QUOTE]
Since this makes no rational sense, the only explanation I can think of is that these people are sending the games from their workplaces for "free."

[quote name='icruise']Since this makes no rational sense, the only explanation I can think of is that these people are sending the games from their workplaces for "free."[/quote]
I agree with that theory, though I used to do the accounting for a company one time and charged the employees if they used the company's account for personal shipping.

[quote name='Goozex']

GrayWolf323 -- There are 2 scammers who are using the same tricks as you described.
1. hess in PA
2. b martin in CA
[/quote]

What!? I'm a scammer?

Mr Unoriginal -- I was told that known email problems have been fixed -- please PM me if this is not the case for you

gpupp -- both games should be up...

martin8me -- sorry for the confusion! NO you're not a scammer!! -- it's another user with the username B Martin (not their real name).

[quote name='Goozex']wow...i've missed 3 pages of comments & questions...
Back from CA and it was a great trip overall.

icruise -- since we launched in July, I've seen from time to time people really spend a lot on shipping. I remember one member sent his first few games with Fedex overnight...something like $18 per package...I had to send him a personal email recommending that he spend less b/c users were feeling bad for him...

slidecage -- was out in Indianapolis for a World Cyber Games event...it was one of those really hot and humid Indiana days that nearly killed us...Is Chicago too far for an event? (just thinking in case anything big comes up there like the MLG games or something...)

1. hess in PA
2. b martin in CA
Their accounts are not operating
Send me an email directly to feedback @ Goozex if you ever suspect a member and I will help you personally.

TahoeMax -- yes games were sent...half the people got them and for one reason or another the other half hasn't yet. I will follow up with you offline today about that.

Martin8me -- trading level depends on two things: demand and supply -- add to that points and trade credits needed. One example: Gears of War for a seller will move very fast, whereas Madden 05 will not move at all.

Mr Unoriginal -- sorry for the formal email -- we gotta have a professional email for everyone. I know our tech guy worked on the email issues this morning...

mjainerin -- no you cannot redeem points for cash -- we'd be out of business very fast if that was the case.

FrankTheFrowner -- both TMNT and Tetris Evolution is now ready for trade...[/QUOTE]

i highly doubt i would ever make it to chicago (around 4 hours each way) be nice if there was ever something here locally in town but i dont think we ever had a major Gaming event in fort wayne. well besides mcvan stores but i dont even want to think about that place (they have screwed so many people in the last year its not funnY)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Clearly not since I wind up with a lot of your stuff.:lol:[/quote]

Then...you must be flagship? Correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='martin8me']Then...you must be flagship? Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote]

:whistle2:$ You don't see me giving away your super secret goozex identity.;)

OK, noticed more weirdness on the goozex site today. I know the database is provided by Muze, and they've had some issues recently - so maybe this is related.

(The) Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles (PC) is listed as "coming soon", with a release date of 6/30/2007 (even though it released yesterday). It cannot be added to a request queue or library (it says "this is a future release!" at the bottom of the page) - BUT, it shows that it is already requested as disc only, disc+manual, and full game. So how did people request it? Was it in the database for awhile, then pulled back out? And if so, what does it take to put it back IN the database, now that it has released?

I'm so confused... :???:

[quote name='LordBubba']OK, noticed more weirdness on the goozex site today. I know the database is provided by Muze, and they've had some issues recently - so maybe this is related.

(The) Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles (PC) is listed as "coming soon", with a release date of 6/30/2007 (even though it released yesterday). It cannot be added to a request queue or library (it says "this is a future release!" at the bottom of the page) - BUT, it shows that it is already requested as disc only, disc+manual, and full game. So how did people request it? Was it in the database for awhile, then pulled back out? And if so, what does it take to put it back IN the database, now that it has released?

I'm so confused... :???:[/quote]

Fixed!

Goozex:

Any update as to when some of the released PS3 games will quit showing as "coming soon"?

[quote name='crawl']Goozex:

Any update as to when some of the released PS3 games will quit showing as "coming soon"?[/quote]

I spot checked a few and there were up. Any in particular?

When I posted that there were 22 showing for PS3, and now 36 are showing. I guess you guys did something. The one title I've been waiting to add to my queue is Resistance: Fall of Man, and it still isn't showing in the list.

[quote name='crawl']When I posted that there were 22 showing for PS3, and now 36 are showing. I guess you guys did something. The one title I've been waiting to add to my queue is Resistance: Fall of Man, and it still isn't showing in the list.[/quote]

Thanks - fixed -- request away.

I know this is what it is, but anybody who hasnt signed up for goozex or used it do no recommend it. I know I know, not you again....i just have to put my experience out there. Maybe I have a black cloud over my head.

I had a problem in the past that is documented on these message boards. But last night was ridiculous.LOL. I decided to get rid of my goozex points on some old games for a friend who just got his 360. I figured since the games were old and popular i would find a trade fast, and i wouldnt run into the problems with the points changing again.LOL... WRONG. I put the games as requested yesterday...LAST NIGHT...like around midnite.... I check this morning (its now around 1030am) ....and i have found matches for the games i requested, but they both went uup 50 points...LOL comedy...Im sorry but i just think the thing is rigged. This time im on the other side, so i have already been charged points for the games eventhough i put them in 10 hours ago for 50 points less. I know I KNOW ...DUDE SHUT UP ITS ONLY FIFTY POINTS... I just found it funny , and wanted to let others on the fence know exactly how this operates.

Goozex has been cool and took care of my last problem after i posted here. But they never seem to respond to their customer service emails. Anyways, Im just trying to unload these points and Im out. GOOD LUCK GOOZEX AND ANYBODY ELSE USING IT!!

So what were the games?

It seems weird - not about you, but that the XBOX360 seems to fluctuate more than others. I have *never* had these issues on the GBA, DS, PSP or PC.

[quote name='arseniotall']I know this is what it is, but anybody who hasnt signed up for goozex or used it do no recommend it. I know I know, not you again....i just have to put my experience out there. Maybe I have a black cloud over my head.

I had a problem in the past that is documented on these message boards. But last night was ridiculous.LOL. I decided to get rid of my goozex points on some old games for a friend who just got his 360. I figured since the games were old and popular i would find a trade fast, and i wouldnt run into the problems with the points changing again.LOL... WRONG. I put the games as requested yesterday...LAST NIGHT...like around midnite.... I check this morning (its now around 1030am) ....and i have found matches for the games i requested, but they both went uup 50 points...LOL comedy...Im sorry but i just think the thing is rigged. This time im on the other side, so i have already been charged points for the games eventhough i put them in 10 hours ago for 50 points less. I know I KNOW ...DUDE SHUT UP ITS ONLY FIFTY POINTS... I just found it funny , and wanted to let others on the fence know exactly how this operates.

Goozex has been cool and took care of my last problem after i posted here. But they never seem to respond to their customer service emails. Anyways, Im just trying to unload these points and Im out. GOOD LUCK GOOZEX AND ANYBODY ELSE USING IT!![/QUOTE]

games will go up 50 PTs if alot of people add the games to their request list so maybe you had a lot of people requesting that same game in that time period. i had a few games Jump 150 pts in a day just to fall back down the day later. Just be glad you didnt get a game that jumped 200+ pts

it was fight night rd 3 450 last nite 500 now
and need for speed most wanted which was 650 ( i think, might have been 450 not sure) last nite and 700 this morning. But to top it off i just found need for speed most wanted platinum hits is only 400!!! LOL. I think the points price is based off of requests, becuase i swear it only goes up when its requested. I wish i could cancel my match and just get the platinum hits version for almost half the points. BUT at this point i have given up all hope. Just trying to unload these points and be done with it.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Goozex - Did you guys ever send out the prizes for the Feb promo? It's been like a month and I never got them...just the confirmation that they were shipping out in a couple days (and that was I think 3-4 weeks ago now)[/quote]

I hate to complain about free stuff, but I'm in the same boat.

I see that you told TahoeMax that you will address the issue off-line; would you mind doing the same thing for me?

Just a FYI, I got matched with a trader that has a -5 feedback. Basically, first trade was GTA: VCS [PSP], and the person never got the game. Well, he got matched with me for the same game. I have a feeling the game will not be coming! :)

Perhaps Goozex could implement a policy where if a trader's first trade goes bad, it's an auto-ban. If you burn someone on your first trade, I doubt it'll be your last.

hey everyone...

arsionotall -- first, sorry for the poor custumer service response. No good excuses from any three of us and we will continue to improve this. Second, your feedback on the points is very much respected. The quick answer to the 50 point swings is caused by any one thing changing for a game: supply, demand, release date and MSRP. I checked into those games and the demand increased for all three. What happens is that we have thresholds in demand that when met, increases a games point value. Each day we are adding a lot of new members who may all want that game and it drives the point value up. But we've made sure to put a cap on it so that you don't see 200 point swings -- otherwise everybody would be confused.

Regarding points -- this has been from day one our biggest thing to get your buy in on. Meaning that we need to earn your trust to try out the site and the points are the focus of that. After thousands of trades we must continue to ensure the point system is fair for everyone...and this is our biggest challenge. We have some new ideas to continue to improve this based on the feedback given over the past few months.

Finally, if there is anything I can do to keep you trading please let me know.

JAGII & TahoeMax -- you guys should be getting an email soon from Jon regarding a huge mixup with mail at our PO Box. Long story short is that your games were sitting there for a couple of weeks. Murphy's Law!

WaltJay -- I just sent the seller a personal email asking what's up with the trade. Will keep you up-to-date on that.

To everyone,
It looks like a perfect storm hit us when we went to CA -- we switched servers (though good it caused email problems), Muze sent bad data (causing point and game data problems) and Jon got a new laptop, and if the prophecy holds true, he is the slayer of all things Windows.

some people really should use the vacation setting...

I've got this two games on my request list that I've gotten matches on every single day this week so far and they keep timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back