Goozex CAG Promo - Customer Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
once a match is made is there anyway i can cancel the request. It seems like i can only cancel if im the one sending the game. If you could tell me how or if this is possible. I requested need for speed mw and since the points have gone up on two of the games 100 points I want to cancel and get the points back...is this even possible. The game hasnt been sent. It is on waiting for seller confirmation.

[quote name='arseniotall']once a match is made is there anyway i can cancel the request. It seems like i can only cancel if im the one sending the game. If you could tell me how or if this is possible. I requested need for speed mw and since the points have gone up on two of the games 100 points I want to cancel and get the points back...is this even possible. The game hasnt been sent. It is on waiting for seller confirmation.[/quote]

From the buyer side, you cannot cancel a match. This out of fairness to the seller. What we will mostly likely do is reduce the matching cycle to a much faster rate.

[quote name='Goozex']hey everyone...

arsionotall -- first, sorry for the poor custumer service response. No good excuses from any three of us and we will continue to improve this. Second, your feedback on the points is very much respected. The quick answer to the 50 point swings is caused by any one thing changing for a game: supply, demand, release date and MSRP. I checked into those games and the demand increased for all three. What happens is that we have thresholds in demand that when met, increases a games point value. Each day we are adding a lot of new members who may all want that game and it drives the point value up. But we've made sure to put a cap on it so that you don't see 200 point swings -- otherwise everybody would be confused.

Regarding points -- this has been from day one our biggest thing to get your buy in on. Meaning that we need to earn your trust to try out the site and the points are the focus of that. After thousands of trades we must continue to ensure the point system is fair for everyone...and this is our biggest challenge. We have some new ideas to continue to improve this based on the feedback given over the past few months.

Finally, if there is anything I can do to keep you trading please let me know.

JAGII & TahoeMax -- you guys should be getting an email soon from Jon regarding a huge mixup with mail at our PO Box. Long story short is that your games were sitting there for a couple of weeks. Murphy's Law!

WaltJay -- I just sent the seller a personal email asking what's up with the trade. Will keep you up-to-date on that.

To everyone,
It looks like a perfect storm hit us when we went to CA -- we switched servers (though good it caused email problems), Muze sent bad data (causing point and game data problems) and Jon got a new laptop, and if the prophecy holds true, he is the slayer of all things Windows.[/QUOTE]

any news on when that "free trades" special will be happening?? You mentioned it was coming soon... god I love those promotions!

[quote name='Goozex']From the buyer side, you cannot cancel a match. This out of fairness to the seller. What we will mostly likely do is reduce the matching cycle to a much faster rate.[/quote]

that sux.......
so i can request a game at 400 points....it can go up 200 points to 600....in a matter of hours...but once a match is made im stuck with the price.....

Who do I e-mail or how do I go about getting my points back if I seller falls through on a game? It's 3 days until auto closed by the system so I need to pull the trigger soon. Do I just mark it as not recieved and I get my points or do I have to e-mail goozex?

[quote name='magiic']Who do I e-mail or how do I go about getting my points back if I seller falls through on a game? It's 3 days until auto closed by the system so I need to pull the trigger soon. Do I just mark it as not recieved and I get my points or do I have to e-mail goozex?[/QUOTE]

just put down game not recived and you will automatic get the pts back in a day at the most (i ususally get them back in around 5 hours)

How long should we wait before leving feedback?

I just got monoploy for the gba BUT It was to come complete but they only sent CART ONLY. no instest in cart only games

i believe that gets a neutral. kind of a bummer, but i think that's the way they do things. I'd love a way to return a game that doesn't come as specified, but then again you'd be back to square one and would waste money on return shipping. people should just be honest about their damn games :(

[quote name='TahoeMax']i believe that gets a neutral. kind of a bummer, but i think that's the way they do things. I'd love a way to return a game that doesn't come as specified, but then again you'd be back to square one and would waste money on return shipping. people should just be honest about their damn games :([/QUOTE]

i got an email from them saying they though they listed it as cart only. IF i wanted to i could return it at MY COST . Its not worth it cause all they have to say is they never got it

bad thing is i got another game coming from them . If its CART ONLY again i will report them to goozex.

also i never knew we could send advertisment stuff with it. They stuck something in for stamps.com with a referal link. If you ask me they are using GOOZEX to expand their business

Not sure if this has been asked before . . .

How should I list a PC game that comes with a printed quick-reference guide, and a printed "player's guide" (a tutorial, really), but the actual manual is a PDF on the disc.

I currently have the game listed as disc + manual since it does come with a PDF manual (and the two printed items mentioned previously) and there was never a printed manual for the game (Uncommon Valor).

Thanks--

[quote name='stolazi']Not sure if this has been asked before . . .

How should I list a PC game that comes with a printed quick-reference guide, and a printed "player's guide" (a tutorial, really), but the actual manual is a PDF on the disc.

I currently have the game listed as disc + manual since it does come with a PDF manual (and the two printed items mentioned previously) and there was never a printed manual for the game (Uncommon Valor).

Thanks--[/QUOTE]

i say list it as disc only

[quote name='slidecage']i say list it as disc only[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm guessing that's the way to do it as well. Thing is, there's at least one request for the game as manual + disc, so if I list the game as available as disc only, the match will never be made. As of now, I seem to be the only one who has the game available.

I notice that the playstation network games for the PS3 are showing up on Goozex, even though they can only be purchased from the PSN via download.

Hey everyone! Let me get to the questions before I announce the winners of the March CAG Game Bundle

ManChowder - will be doing free trades soon...thinking of adding it to another promo

magiic - to get a refund you need to leave the appropriate feedback. If the system closes and you still get the game you can email us at feedback @ goozex and request a refund. Conversely, if you report negative feedback you can again email us at feedback and we can reverse the negative feedback.

General -- the best thing you can do as a buyer is send the seller a PM about the condition of the game and remind him/her to send as promised (assuming you didn't requested disc only)

slidecage -- we know of only one member who promotes stamps.com and he's a great trader so no worries on our part. If you begin to get mail or PM spam please let us know, b/c we will take that very seriously.

stolazi - please list that game as disc only. Our definition of disc + manual and full package includes a physical paper manual printed by the publisher.

icruise - thanks for the notice...will look into it today.

Winners up next...

CAG March Game Bundle Winners!

Xbox 360 - davidwolfe (WI)
Gears of War
Prey
The Outfit

Wii - Minos (NJ)
Call of Duty 3
Red Steel
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

PS3 - Jkeeper (IL)
Resistence: Fall of Man

PS2 - Karchi (WI)
Final Fantasy XII
Okami
DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution
NHRA Championship Drag Racing

PSP - zombies! (CA) -- best name on goozex imo
GTA Vice City Stories
The Godfather: Mob Wars
ATV Offroad Fury Pro
Medievil Resurrection

Gamecube - Gamesrfun (NJ)
Ikaruga
Geist
Chibi-Robo

Congratulations and we'll have those game sent out soon! You'll also get a personal email to make sure you know you won.

We'll be having another promo soon -- and for our loyal members it won't be too long before you get some props as well!

I just noticed you are missing a ton of The Sims games. All of the sims 2 expansions are not there as well as some of the bundles of the original sims. I was hoping to request the bundle for the original sims that includes the game and every expansion but it's not there :(

I would love to see stats and/or leaderboard. Stats as to who has the most accumulated points...most trades...most active trader...most aggregate points...most referrals...most games listed...just crap like that. I know that you guys are eventually going to build community related things such as forums but I think that seeing Stats would be a fun thing....it might encourage activity.

[quote name='lurknomore']I would love to see stats and/or leaderboard. Stats as to who has the most accumulated points...most trades...most active trader...most aggregate points...most referrals...most games listed...just crap like that. I know that you guys are eventually going to build community related things such as forums but I think that seeing Stats would be a fun thing....it might encourage activity.[/quote]

Yes, we agree with you. To give you a taste of just how high the benchmark is, here are our top 10 buyers/sellers

Top Goozex Buyers:
1. rictor - 180
2. moutra - 121
3. chuckydj - 102
4. icruise - 91
5. drfrielgood - 82
6. gamestopsucks - 68
7. pizzaboy - 66
8. kirkshulman - 65
9. wannabepunktony - 64
10. ThePC_Gamer - 61

Top Goozex Sellers:
1. rictor - 97
2. robdog - 81
3. pizzaboy - 74
4. gamestopsucks - 73
5. BRIANHACKNEY

[quote name='lurknomore']I would love to see stats and/or leaderboard. Stats as to who has the most accumulated points...most trades...most active trader...most aggregate points...most referrals...most games listed...just crap like that. I know that you guys are eventually going to build community related things such as forums but I think that seeing Stats would be a fun thing....it might encourage activity.[/quote]

Yes, we agree with you. To give you a taste of just how high the benchmark is, here are our top 10 buyers/sellers

Top Goozex Buyers:
1. rictor - 180
2. moutra - 121
3. chuckydj - 102
4. icruise - 91
5. drfrielgood - 82
6. gamestopsucks - 68
7. pizzaboy - 66
8. kirkshulman - 65
9. wannabepunktony - 64
10. ThePC_Gamer - 61

Top Goozex Sellers:
1. rictor - 97
2. robdog - 81
3. pizzaboy - 74
4. gamestopsucks - 73
5. BRIANHACKNEY - 64
6. EP3racer - 54
7. scotsman0424 - 53
8. wannabepunktony - 50
9. slidecage - 50
10. mirax1978 - 44

can we get a feature where we are able to see which "number in line" we are for requests and other people requesting our stuff?

Is there a way to check if it is greatest hits or something similar to that?
Also, what if we have a game that is not listed in the database?

Thanks

Just got a game in that was requested as full package but received as Case+Disc but no manual. I'm certain this game originally came with a manual (Jak II). There is no specific feedback option for this scenario but I'd like to give appropriate feedback for this situation... Any suggestions? Can that feedback option be added?

[quote name='Goozex']Yes, we agree with you. To give you a taste of just how high the benchmark is, here are our top 10 buyers/sellers

Top Goozex Buyers:
1. rictor - 180
2. moutra - 121
3. chuckydj - 102
4. icruise - 91
5. drfrielgood - 82
6. gamestopsucks - 68
7. pizzaboy - 66
8. kirkshulman - 65
9. wannabepunktony - 64
10. ThePC_Gamer - 61

Top Goozex Sellers:
1. rictor - 97
2. robdog - 81
3. pizzaboy - 74
4. gamestopsucks - 73
5. BRIANHACKNEY - 64
6. EP3racer - 54
7. scotsman0424 - 53
8. wannabepunktony - 50
9. slidecage - 50
10. mirax1978 - 44[/QUOTE]

wooo tied for 8th LOL

hey I just got a PM from that scammer guy

You have received a private message from:

Subject:

hi
did u ever send the game? i accidently clicked i received befoore receiving it. its been awhile and no game is here.

I already listed the game again since you said he was a confirmed scammer and have sent the game to someone else

and just looked, he's already gotten his first negative

[quote name='icruise']I notice that the playstation network games for the PS3 are showing up on Goozex, even though they can only be purchased from the PSN via download.[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few 360 demo disc and Live games listed as well, I assume they would fall in the same category...

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hey I just got a PM from that scammer guy

You have received a private message from:

Subject:

hi
did u ever send the game? i accidently clicked i received befoore receiving it. its been awhile and no game is here.

I already listed the game again since you said he was a confirmed scammer and have sent the game to someone else

and just looked, he's already gotten his first negative[/QUOTE]

That message is almost exactly the same as the one I got from the scammer I was dealing with, same guy perhaps?

What sucks is losers like this are going to eventually force Goozex to tighten up the restrictions on new users (possibly requiring them to fully complete their first trade or two before receiving their points) which sucks because that is the most appealing thing about Goozex, you get your points right away!

I think the warning sign to look for is if you are sending a game to a new user and he immediately sends good feedback before receiving the game. I would definitely contact Goozex before sending the game if this happens to anyone here.

[quote name='crawl']There are quite a few 360 demo disc and Live games listed as well, I assume they would fall in the same category...[/QUOTE]

Some of the Live games are available via coupon code redemption. For example a card with a redemption code for uno comes with the vision pack. No idea about the PSN games though.

[quote name='ManChowder']That message is almost exactly the same as the one I got from the scammer I was dealing with, same guy perhaps?

What sucks is losers like this are going to eventually force Goozex to tighten up the restrictions on new users (possibly requiring them to fully complete their first trade or two before receiving their points) which sucks because that is the most appealing thing about Goozex, you get your points right away!

I think the warning sign to look for is if you are sending a game to a new user and he immediately sends good feedback before receiving the game. I would definitely contact Goozex before sending the game if this happens to anyone here.[/QUOTE]

yea after that one, I've actually started to wait a day after the day I agreed to ship it on just to make sure the new user isn't scamming me

and I've been hesitant to put Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne off hold since that seems to be one of the favorites of the scammers to send out

Hey everyone,

pcktlnt - For some games, Muze separates greatest hits from original release and for others it has one or the other.

Troz1820 - You can report that trade as "Requested Full Package received Disc Only"

We are working on getting rid of the PS3 and Xbox Live games...in the meantime don't request or add to library.

**Scammer Update**
GrayWolf323 and Manchowder - I have banned hess123. Through what I have been able to see there seems to be a ring of about 2-3 scammers that came from another trading site and here is what they do:
1. Setup account and quickly post top requested games
2. Agree to send
3. Use points to get other games and quickly report positive feedback to open trading slots

95% of the time we catch them using a various tools. Usually we catch these guys within a few hours of signing up. Occassionally they will get one through b/c no security is perfect.

So the issue for us is if we let 3 bad apples ruin the experience for the ton of new people signing up? This is a question we are figuring out now. We have always leaned towards giving our members the benefit of the doubt and I think many of you have appreciated that. We want Goozex to be a hassle free site -- and the only way that works is to 100% our members. So far, I think that has proven to be a great advantage for us -- and like everything else in this world, there are those that want to take advantage of this.

In the end, if you have an issue like someone reporting immediate feedback or just looks suspicous please just drop us a line at feedback @ goozex and I will personally review each one.

Topic Change

RSS and Widgets!
You can now publish on your own sites our weekly top 10 lists (scroll to the bottom of the front page)

Let us know what you think!

[quote name='erock']Some of the Live games are available via coupon code redemption. For example a card with a redemption code for uno comes with the vision pack. No idea about the PSN games though.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, there is no way to buy the PSN games except by download, at least at the moment.

[quote name='Goozex']Hey everyone,

We are working on getting rid of the PS3 and Xbox Live games...in the meantime don't request or add to library.

[/QUOTE]

I would like to see you continue to carry the live arcade games that can legimitaly be traded via unused codes. There are a number of games that come as pack ins with various live subscriptions. Uno, Billiards, Robotron...are a couple i can think of off the top of my head. They are one time use codes, but there have been times i've had extras from buying the download and having the pack in code I've wanted to trade away.

[quote name='magiic']@erock

did I send NHL 07 to you on Goozex? did it really get to Florida that fast?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it showed up yesterday. i think you were are the recipient of a game from me that went out yesterday. curious as to how long that takes. these 2 trade might break some kind of goozex distance record.

can we get a feature where we are able to see which "number in line" we are for requests and other people requesting our stuff?

I like how you can't request games that aren't out yet anymore but can't you remove them from the request lists of people who requested them before that went into place?

[quote name='swetooth9']can we get a feature where we are able to see which "number in line" we are for requests and other people requesting our stuff?[/QUOTE]
Basically, no. It was like that in the beginning, but apparently Goozex has decided to do away with that feature. I agree that it was helpful.

[quote name='swetooth9']can we get a feature where we are able to see which "number in line" we are for requests and other people requesting our stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for me, this is a more important feature to have than knowing who has traded the most games.

I agree with the "# in line" think. I have points now, and there are alot of games I want, but I'm holding out to see if I get one or two games on my list..and have no idea what # I am in line.

it would be nice to see were we stand in line.

i was the first in line for Spectrobes and noticed someone listed it this morning but still havent matched. either the person has too many games out there or something

dont know to wait till tomorrow and see if it matches and get it off goozex or just buy it off another site for 12 bucks (using a 10 buck gift code i have)

if we requested a complete game but only got cart only do we get those pts back

I know how you feel Slidecage. I've been matched for Halo2 for almost a week now, and it keeps timing out. and now I'm not matched at all, but I see copies of Halo2 up on goozex.

Thanks for the lists...WOW, rictor is a mailing maniac. I wish that he had some of games that I am requesting. I've had, over the past few weeks, 5-8 games timing in and out over and over. I, too, would like to know where I am in the queue....as I can go elsewhere to find certain games.

[quote name='ryoga79']I know how you feel Slidecage. I've been matched for Halo2 for almost a week now, and it keeps timing out. and now I'm not matched at all, but I see copies of Halo2 up on goozex.[/quote]

same with me with rainbow six vegas and def jam vendetta and shadow colossus...

i've had those up for ages and they are actually available but i dont know when it's gonna be "my turn"

[quote name='lurknomore']Thanks for the lists...WOW, rictor is a mailing maniac. I wish that he had some of games that I am requesting. I've had, over the past few weeks, 5-8 games timing in and out over and over. I, too, would like to know where I am in the queue....as I can go elsewhere to find certain games.[/QUOTE]

one reason they dont do list anymore is now they have 3 regions

american canada and some other place

If your first in line but only accept from USA
but someone in canada list it (it would show now but since you dont accept canada stuff) you will not match so the Q would be out of wack

I think if i dont match by tomorrow afternoon i will pulll my request and just buy it off GF for 13

[quote name='Goozex']Yes, we agree with you. To give you a taste of just how high the benchmark is, here are our top 10 buyers/sellers

Top Goozex Buyers:
1. rictor - 180
2. moutra - 121
3. chuckydj - 102
4. icruise - 91
5. drfrielgood - 82
6. gamestopsucks - 68
7. pizzaboy - 66
8. kirkshulman - 65
9. wannabepunktony - 64
10. ThePC_Gamer - 61

Top Goozex Sellers:
1. rictor - 97
2. robdog - 81
3. pizzaboy - 74
4. gamestopsucks - 73
5. BRIANHACKNEY - 64
6. EP3racer - 54
7. scotsman0424 - 53
8. wannabepunktony - 50
9. slidecage - 50
10. mirax1978 - 44[/quote]

Cool, I think I'm just shy of the top 10 sellers. So close, yet so far. :drool:

[quote name='slidecage']one reason they dont do list anymore is now they have 3 regions

american canada and some other place

If your first in line but only accept from USA
but someone in canada list it (it would show now but since you dont accept canada stuff) you will not match so the Q would be out of wack

I think if i dont match by tomorrow afternoon i will pulll my request and just buy it off GF for 13[/quote]

In addition to this reasoning, there may be a time where you're number one on the queue and may think you're going to receive the game very soon, but you may not be matched in the system for weeks or months. By thinking you're number one on the list, you may decide not to buy the same game from a local sale. Goozex thinks the queue may mislead the users and they do not want that to happen. I agree with this reasoning because there have been times where I've used Netflix and have had to wait a while for a specific movie where the arrival times have been misleading.

[quote name='mahzilla']In addition to this reasoning, there may be a time where you're number one on the queue and may think you're going to receive the game very soon, but you may not be matched in the system for weeks or months. By thinking you're number one on the list, you may decide not to buy the same game from a local sale. Goozex thinks the queue may mislead the users and they do not want that to happen.[/QUOTE]
I don't buy that reasoning. Let's say that I come to Goozex as a new user. I don't really understand the system, but I see that Gears of War is listed as "available." I request it, and I'm psyched because I think I'm going to get it pretty soon. Maybe I actually buy some points to make sure that I'll have enough. I have been misled into thinking that because the game is "available" that I can actually get it, and there's no way for me to find out that I'm wrong until time passes and I don't get the game. (We've seen a few people in these threads who have thought similar things.)

Before, it would say that I was #30 in line for the game (or whatever) which would make it pretty obvious that I wasn't going to be getting the game very soon if at all.

In short, while you could make the case that saying you are #1 in line is a little misleading, the current system is misleading is EVERY case. Not having any indication of where you are in the queue is a lot worse, both for new members and people who know the system inside and out.

If the region issues make displaying your place in the queue impossible, then I guess that can't be helped, but the argument that it's less confusing this way holds zero water.

yea, i'd WAY rather have a indicator of where i am in line...

is there also a feature where if a person does not sell their game a certain number of times, goozex takes that game off their library and prevents them from relisting it for a period of time? b/c everytime i get matched for the same game over and over again, and then noone goes on selling it...

A game gets removed if it matches without response three times in a row, but I don't think there's anything in place to prevent people from putting that game back into their library manually. Still, if you've had a game match more than three times in a row, it's probably different people.

I would okay with a high-level indicator of a game's supply and demand, or at least demand. For example, if there are 50 Gears of War request, it would say "High", if there were 25, "Medium", 10-24, "Low", < 10 "Very Low", etc. Heck, we could even do colors, i.e. red for high, orange for medium, etc.

Granted, the values for each level of demand are TBD and the Goozex guys would probably be the best source of those numbers.

If giving me my "virtual place in line" is too difficult, code-wise or whatever, I'd at least like to know if there is a lot of demand for the game, so I know ahead of time what I'm getting into. In addition, if I could know if there is a medium to high supply of a game, and low demand, then I could be reasonably certain that I would receive a copy of the game in a timely fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back