Goozex Exchange Beta- Trade in your points for new items

people have been #$#$## since this went live last friday (OCT 2)

Disgaea 2 for the psp for 1000 pts sealed... not bad if you wanted it...

LMAO at 2400 points for 360 games. That's $120 worth of points!

They're messing with the points economy too much. I'm not going to use Goozex anymore after I get rid of my remaining points.

[quote name='Aleman']LMAO at 2400 points for 360 games. That's $120 worth of points!

They're messing with the points economy too much. I'm not going to use Goozex anymore after I get rid of my remaining points.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Just waitning for a good game I want to use my remaining 900 point on.

The points you got for "cheap" by flipping is a good point, but I'd much rather use those cheap points on the reasonably priced items, thus making it a really, really good deal on my points.

Wow... I don't recall previous 'Goozex-Exchanges' being so points heavy. They were high, but nothing like these point totals. Think I'll pass this time around.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Same here. Just waitning for a good game I want to use my remaining 900 point on.[/QUOTE]

What is the logic behind this? The Goozex Exchange is :wall:, but that doesn't mean the rest of the site is a waste. It's not like you have to use the Exchange at all.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What is the logic behind this? The Goozex Exchange is :wall:, but that doesn't mean the rest of the site is a waste. It's not like you have to use the Exchange at all.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not tie up my assets (well, that's if you consider ~$100 in points as assets) in an imaginary currency that the guys who run Goozex frequently manipulate.

Gonna just go back to the slightly bigger hassle of eBay/Craigslist for dumping games.

[quote name='Aleman']I'd rather not tie up my assets (well, that's if you consider ~$100 in points as assets) in an imaginary currency that the guys who run Goozex frequently manipulate. I haven't thought this through completely, but I think they're running the exchange to take points out of the system in order to make the used games more valuable.

Gonna just go back to the slightly bigger hassle of eBay/Craigslist for dumping games.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that point. From what I read, Goozex doesn't really turn much of a profit, so it could be that the website could simply go under or be discontinued as a marginally successful effort. True, plenty of people use the site, but it's too complicated for the average consumer.

[quote name='Aleman']I'd rather not tie up my assets (well, that's if you consider ~$100 in points as assets) in an imaginary currency that the guys who run Goozex frequently manipulate.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, too. I haven't done any trading on CAG, but I'll probably do that if I really want to get rid of something. I used Goozex before for quite a few trades, but the point system bugged me in a way I can't quite articulate.

[quote name='Aleman']
They're messing with the points economy too much. I'm not going to use Goozex anymore after I get rid of my remaining points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vherub']I'd like goozex to run another 50% off sale on points[/QUOTE]

They are probably doing this to offset when they run the 50% off points sales.

How does goozex rip you off in other ways? Through the trade tokens? Many games that GS/GC will only give you $20 in trade in credit are still worth 1000 pts on Goozex.

If you dont want to participate in the Exchange then don't do it

I enjoy Goozex as a service to dump my older games that Gamestop/CAG/Ebay won't give me jack for

Boo GunCrazy goes to UW!

This makes me sad. For awhile goozex did new releases for 1600 points. That seemed more reasonable. This just sucks because the whole point of goozex seemed to be giving fair value to buyers and sellers while making a modest profit. This is approaching gamestop trade in value for your games. 2-3 recently released used games = 1 new game?

I just would like to state one point that yeah the prices are high but your turn over rate is just as high as well. How many other trading sites will give you the full 60 trade in value for a game you just play for a week? GS/EB will only give you half or less the worth of your game.

Also people remember this is a beta so obviously they are just trying this out.

Goozex is my main source for all my gaming trading needs so I support them in any way I can.

i was almost gonna bite on the Dark Knight 2 disc edition for 1,000pts until i noticed it was the DVD version instead of Blu Ray, i think this is a great idea but yeah the point cost of some of these items are obscene!

[quote name='cartman58']Yea, I've about given up on Goozex. It seems like almost no merchandise is moving anymore on there. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I just got Einhander in the mail today, so not only is merchandise moving for me, but it's moving ridiculously well.

I think Goozex is probably trying to take some points out of the system. Since points just get traded from person to person and don't really ever go away, there probably is a problem with inflation right now. If lots of people have more points than they know what to do with, there is really no incentive to introduce more games into the system since they already have too many points.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I can understand that point. From what I read, Goozex doesn't really turn much of a profit, so it could be that the website could simply go under or be discontinued as a marginally successful effort. True, plenty of people use the site, but it's too complicated for the average consumer.[/QUOTE]

This is precisely why I use Goozex. I can trust that the users on the site are more knowledgeable, and there are less problem traders around.

Man, you people don't stop to think for a second.

The Goozex Exchange has higher prices because this is now a permanent bonus feature for members. Before when prices were at 1600, they only allowed 50 at a time. If they did that now, they'd go bankrupt.

Every purchase off the Goozex Exchange comes out of Goozex's pocket. They don't make money off the points you use on the Exchange, unless you bought them (Most do not). Point prices are double what they would cost on Amazon, which is smart of Goozex.

This is a great service for traders like me who have a huge surplus of points. I'm currently around 30k and can't wait for something I really want to pop up.

I do think that Goozex should remove the Seinfeld and 007 boxsets as they are very high and intimidating to people looking to buy something on the Exchange.

Finally, this is a bonus feature of the site. This does not affect the trading aspect of the site at all. Every person claiming they are going to leave Goozex because of the Exchange are pretty ignorant in the nonsese they keep talking. Goozex is still the best place to get rid of those unwanted titles for stuff you reall y want.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']This makes me sad. For awhile goozex did new releases for 1600 points. That seemed more reasonable.[/QUOTE]
Last time they did this, their inventory sold out in less than thirty minutes. That's not "more reasonable." That's "underpriced."

I imagine they'll adjust the prices if they it not going over too well. But, there are people out there with 20k+ Goozex points who would rather drop 2400 on a new game than wait in a queue for a month to get it used for 1000.

I don't see how people are saying Goozex is a rip off or a waste of time. I have gotten over 100 games on that site, and continue to get and send them out. Yes the exchange prices are high, but like it was said a few posts up, that's cause if they went with the older price they would be sold out in minutes. This is mainly a section set up for members who have a lot of surplus points from trading or through point deals and want new items. Mark ups like that curb the person that just joins the site and buys 1000 points and trades 2 games from getting these sure, but if you are active and trade a lot, you can get some things.

I completely agree with Edge. The Goozex Exchange eliminates extra points. At the same time, I like how they offer this. While it's a bit expensive, there are people with a ton of points that they need to get rid of. And I don't understand how Goozex "rips people off". They let you get rid of your crap games for a price that's at least $5. These fair values have helped me get rid of at least 30 games while bringing in some amazing new ones for almost no additional cost out of my pocket. I'm sure many of you enjoy getting new (as in different, not unused) games for practically nothing.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Man, you people don't stop to think for a second.

The Goozex Exchange has higher prices because this is now a permanent bonus feature for members. Before when prices were at 1600, they only allowed 50 at a time. If they did that now, they'd go bankrupt.

Every purchase off the Goozex Exchange comes out of Goozex's pocket. They don't make money off the points you use on the Exchange, unless you bought them (Most do not). Point prices are double what they would cost on Amazon, which is smart of Goozex.

This is a great service for traders like me who have a huge surplus of points. I'm currently around 30k and can't wait for something I really want to pop up.

I do think that Goozex should remove the Seinfeld and 007 boxsets as they are very high and intimidating to people looking to buy something on the Exchange.

Finally, this is a bonus feature of the site. This does not affect the trading aspect of the site at all. Every person claiming they are going to leave Goozex because of the Exchange are pretty ignorant in the nonsese they keep talking. Goozex is still the best place to get rid of those unwanted titles for stuff you reall y want.[/QUOTE]

That's like buying a bunch of gift cards, holding on to them for awhile, and then buying overpriced stuff with them because you want to get rid of the gift cards.

You're still getting ripped off if you do the math, unless you got those points by flipping stuff or you paid enough attention to game point prices to only trade away over-valued games (if that's the case, skip this post and more power to you).

Assume new 360/PS3 games you trade on Goozex for 1000 pts are worth about $40 (about what you'd get on Craigslist or Ebay). 30K points means 30 games, or about $1200 worth of used games.

On the Exchange, you might "spend" 2400 points on a new Xbox 360 game. (2,400 / 30,000) * $1200 = $96.

$96 for a new game is a complete ripoff. This ripoff isn't obvious because you don't realize how much you're actually spending--it's covered up by the use of an intermediate currency (Goozex Points). I suspect Microsoft chose to use space bucks for a similar reason.

Conclusion: don't buy new 360/PS3 games from the Exchange that cost more than like 1500 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also speak up in support of Goozex. I've received over 50 games so far and I've only been active a few months. 90% of the games were in like new condition. It's a community that is at least as valuable as CAG and it'll take more than an optional side-service to get me to stop using it.

I havent used Goozex long at all but i like the service very much. Its allowed me to quickly build my psp collection with minimal cost to me. Im actually tempted to get Disgaea 2 from them seeing as its been in my request list since day 1 and hasnt moved yet.

Though I personally think the new Goozex Exchange is going to be some what of a shit show.. I still really like their service. I've been able to build up my PS2 collection with common games that cost at least $10-15 at Gamestops and Craigslist for only 100 points or. I'm just sitting on points right now, about 7k, and I love how I'll always have an option to unload unwanted games that are harder to trade/sell. Stop bashing on Goozex as a whole.. just bash on their Exchange if you must.

Goozex is going to lose some customers if they keep screwing with the points economy that much. 2400pts for Xbox 360 game is way too much. I don't know who they are trying to fool, by making it seem like "only 2400pts". Most people who know how to do math knows that is seriously overvalued for a game.

It's weird - you can get those games for much less just by trading with other users. I fail to see the value in this. Goozex is great but this seems kind of pointless.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Goozex is going to lose some customers if they keep screwing with the points economy that much. 2400pts for Xbox 360 game is way too much. I don't know who they are trying to fool, by making it seem like "only 2400pts". Most people who know how to do math knows that is seriously overvalued for a game.[/QUOTE]

Are they putting a gun to your head and making you participate in the Exchange?

No.

That has no reflection of the actually trading portion of the site. The Exchange is for people who desperately want a copy of a certain game without having to wait to be matched up for it.

[quote name='bg2001']It's weird - you can get those games for much less just by trading with other users. I fail to see the value in this. Goozex is great but this seems kind of pointless.[/QUOTE]

The queue can be pretty long and slow-moving for new titles. This would be a way to pay a (big) premium and get a new copy. This doesn't interest me, but who am I to judge what others spend their points on?

[quote name='Aleman']That's like buying a bunch of gift cards, holding on to them for awhile, and then buying overpriced stuff with them because you want to get rid of the gift cards.

You're still getting ripped off if you do the math, unless you got those points by flipping stuff or you paid enough attention to game point prices to only trade away over-valued games (if that's the case, skip this post and more power to you).

Assume new 360/PS3 games you trade on Goozex for 1000 pts are worth about $40 (about what you'd get on Craigslist or Ebay). 30K points means 30 games, or about $1200 worth of used games.

On the Exchange, you might "spend" 2400 points on a new Xbox 360 game. (2,400 / 30,000) * $1200 = $96.

$96 for a new game is a complete ripoff. This ripoff isn't obvious because you don't realize how much you're actually spending--it's covered up by the use of an intermediate currency (Goozex Points). I suspect Microsoft chose to use space bucks for a similar reason.

Conclusion: don't buy new 360/PS3 games from the Exchange that cost more than like 1500 points.[/QUOTE]

You still don't get it. The exchange is a bonus feature. They aren't ripping anyone off as it is not mandatory. It is meant for people who have a surplus of points like myslef. I finally bit on Monsters vs Aliens on blu-Ray for 800 points. Why? because I'm 16th in line, and if I want to get rid of it, there are plenty of requests and I will recoup all but 250 of my points.

If the prices were 1500 for games, Goozex wouldn't even have the Exchange. It wouldn't benefit them as a company, and they'd be bombarded with sales that takes money directly out of their pocket. Everyone complaining about the Exchange prices are only thinking about themselves (don't completely blame you guys), but you have to understand this from a company standpoint which many don't seem to get.

just looked tonight and saw

DISGAEA 2 for the psp 1000 pts
mario inside story for 1200 pts
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box 1000 pts
persona psp 1400 pts

that professor layton is very nice 1000 pts play it and dump it back for 700... if i did not have the massive backlog i would...

Persona psp for 1400 will keep an eye out on that ... mario for 1200 very nice price for those who did not get the TRU deal .. i would spend 1200 pts anyday then spend 37.50 in cash for it ..

Hm, these are new games for the bonus system. I send new games to others on Goozex all the time. They need a similar system where if you send new games, you get a few extra points like 100 or so.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Goozex is going to lose some customers if they keep screwing with the points economy that much. 2400pts for Xbox 360 game is way too much. I don't know who they are trying to fool, by making it seem like "only 2400pts". Most people who know how to do math knows that is seriously overvalued for a game.[/QUOTE]

How are they screwing the point economy? It's not how much a game cost on there if you go through the regular goozex site. The exchange is seperate from that and only if you want to spend more points to get a game right then and new. Seriously.

I've been thinking of using Goozex to sell/trade my UFC Undisputed for PS3. They're a reliable site, right?

Also will this somehow affect the point system/value for guys that are only interested in buying/selling used games at goozex?

[quote name='Terg']I've been thinking of using Goozex to sell/trade my UFC Undisputed for PS3. They're a reliable site, right?

Also will this somehow affect the point system/value for guys that are only interested in buying/selling used games at goozex?[/QUOTE]

yes they are a VERY GOOD Company one of the few that you know will be around for awhile if not years..

will the exchange effect prices.... maybe / maybe not but it will put more games probally into the system

that
Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box for 1000 pts

you might see a lot of peopel rab that and play it and toss it back up for a quick 700

A lot of people have been buying items off the exchange according to the Goozex guys. I was talking to them yesterday and a couple people even bought the Seinfeld box sets.

I personally picked up Monsters vs Aliens on Blu-Ray for 800 points through the Exchange.

[quote name='G-Nitro']A lot of people have been buying items off the exchange according to the Goozex guys. I was talking to them yesterday and a couple people even bought the Seinfeld box sets.

I personally picked up Monsters vs Aliens on Blu-Ray for 800 points through the Exchange.[/QUOTE]

i want that seinfeld set but will never pay 6000 pts for it

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Just another way for Goozex to rip you off
I'll stick with GameTZ.com, which is a fantastic website that is absolutely free ;)[/QUOTE]

is that why i been a member at gametz for 2-3 years now?

oh wait... yes it is!

bread's done
Back