Same thing as last time, other games.
Goes live sometime during the week of March 16th:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproducts.asp

The following games will be available brand new for the listed point values:

Halo Wars Limited Edition: 2000 pts.

Halo Wars: 1600 pts.

Resident Evil 5: 1600 pts.

Street Fighter IV: 1600 pts.

DaPhatty Edit - I thought this Tidbit was very important for everyone to know. I've traded (what I feel is) a ton of stuff through Goozex yet I don't qualify for this...

Are there limitations in using the service?
Yes. Right now the service is provided with some restrictions. At the moment the following restrictions apply:

* Availability: max number of products sold per month is 50, and each user can only buy one product per month
* Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement; or must have completed 10+ trades as seller with positive feedback in the last 60 days.
* Selection: the service is provided only for select products. Each user can purchase a maximum of one copy of each product.

It is Goozex's intention to reduce these restrictions over time, and make it available to everybody and at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zenintrude']vs. trading in games to GS for credit toward a new game, this comes out as either a wash or a better deal...

so, yea. if you know how to work the angles on goozex, this is actually not that bad a deal.

and for the idiots who keep posting "dead"... i hate you. RTFOP.[/quote]

agreed.. I flip on goozex so this isn't half bad. I was going to pay out the cash for this, and I usually average out a $25 flip for 1000 points so it's like I'm paying maybe $40 or so for this game. I don't have any other wants near queued up so I'll go for this.

My concern is last time the goozex deal seemed to end rather quickly. How long was it up? If not I may have to stay up late that evening to spam the refresh button lol

[quote name='vherub']i'm just curious, what does goozex gets out of this?[/quote]

Your points... A while back they flooded the market with 1/2 price points. Now they're trying to withdraw those points from the system.

[quote name='blackhole82']is there a link for that some where on the goozex home page? i don't see any mention of it besides this thread[/quote]

Agreed, I may actually save 500 more points for this, sounds like a great idea!

You guys realize they only offer like 50 copies each on the new deal... So its not like its really trying to harvest alot of points off the market. But instead it allows them advertisement power by having one person say, "Wow, i got a brand new game from goozex the other day!!" in a forum which will bring them 100's of new members. Or at least they hope.
IMHO of course...
Goozex is kewl just still gettin its legs though.

[quote name='Mastershredder']Does anyone know if you have to have any trade credits to take advantage of this? [/quote]

I was wondering this too. The page mentions the given # of points being deducted from your account, but makes no mention about trade credits being deducted.

For those who get the newsletter, make sure to take the Play Insights survey. They have a question asking how much you'd be willing to pay in goozex points for new games.

It's a good opportunity to get them to lower the price down to a more reasonable 1200.

[quote name='Doomstink']For those who get the newsletter, make sure to take the Play Insights survey. They have a question asking how much you'd be willing to pay in goozex points for new games.

It's a good opportunity to get them to lower the price down to a more reasonable 1200.[/quote]

it is brand new sealed for 1,600 but yeah it's kind of pricy.....

If the supply doesn't run out, I'm getting in on Street Fighter IV for 1600 points. I've managed to shift several games that I paid $5-10 for for 400-500 points each, so it'd work out to around $25-30 for the game in "real" dollars, which ain't bad at all. I'm on the waiting list for a used copy, but that's one looooooong list.

So does anyone have a strategy on how to trade multiple copies of a single game without having to wait for each trade to complete ?

Is it possible to cash out my Goozex points or am I forced to use them to get other games from the site?

[quote name='stoned99']So does anyone have a strategy on how to trade multiple copies of a single game without having to wait for each trade to complete ?[/quote]

No, this is to stop hoarders from blocking too many spots in the queue line.

[quote name='Flak']Is it possible to cash out my Goozex points or am I forced to use them to get other games from the site?[/quote]

No, once in Goozex points, it's not a currencey anymore. It's for trading only.

The whole debate on the points saying it's too much, I really don't think it is. Most of the games I've traded have been 4x the points, it's slow to pick out but many can be gobbled up. I think this is a great way to empty the system of points and get the market back in order.

IfI needed to dump my points quickly, it might as well be a sealed game. For only 1600 points, that might equal to about $80, but really it could be had for as little as $35 or $40.

I know of two games that I could buy for $20 and get 1200 points out of it. For the ones playing Goozex flipping, it's slightly better than waiting for it to price drop, since you can play and possibly trade it back fast enough than other people could.

Yeah, I'm doing this with RE5. I don't get why so many people are saying it's a horrible deal. It's a sealed copy of a new game, and you can't count points as money since it isn't money. You can only compare and contrast. They're not the same though. Also, you can still get an amazing deal out of this for flipping games. I just got 1050 points for flipping a $20 game.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']You guys realize they only offer like 50 copies each on the new deal... So its not like its really trying to harvest alot of points off the market. But instead it allows them advertisement power by having one person say, "Wow, i got a brand new game from goozex the other day!!" in a forum which will bring them 100's of new members. Or at least they hope.
IMHO of course...
Goozex is kewl just still gettin its legs though.[/quote]

50 copies each with each person buying spending 600 more than the max (1000)

50 * 600 = 30000 extra points removed from the economy for each title.

I dunno sounds like a lot to me.

^^ I think it's fine considering there's a lot more people in the system with points waiting in queue for a game that may never come until a long long time. There's more points available then supply of games I think.

also, this goes live on 16th? Like at 12AM CST 1AMEST like when new games for trading go live? Ideas? I want in on this and don't want stock to run out lol

I know it's way overpaying with points, but I have enough, and I'm tempted to get both Killzone 2 & RE5. Not much else I want out there, game wise, so I may.

[quote name='TheGamingGuy']I know it's way overpaying with points, but I have enough, and I'm tempted to get both Killzone 2 & RE5. Not much else I want out there, game wise, so I may.[/quote]

Limited to one game per user.

Also, can anyone confirm this deal goes live at midnight? If so, I'm all on some SF4 or Halo Wars, can't decide. I hate 360 dpad, but I want SF4 more than Halo Wars

And I've heard people speculate, but does anyone know for sure if this costs a trade point as well? Thanks.

[quote name='myl0r']Limited to one game per user.

Also, can anyone confirm this deal goes live at midnight? If so, I'm all on some SF4 or Halo Wars, can't decide. I hate 360 dpad, but I want SF4 more than Halo Wars

And I've heard people speculate, but does anyone know for sure if this costs a trade point as well? Thanks.[/quote]

No, they haven't said what time this goes live other than "sometime early when people from the east and west coasts are getting up."

My guess it between 6-9 am EST.

they changed the qualifications! now you have to have a feedback score of over 500 OR minimum score of 100 and purchased $50 worth of POINTS in the past 60 days.

I do not qualify for either, simply because I got my points by trading, not buying. This sucks, I was going to get the Halo Wars LE, since I've got points to burn. I'm pissed.

im in for re5

Oh wait I just read the bit about the qualifications that sucks. 500 feedback or you bought $50 pts in the last 60 days, bad idea. Why not make it so that you have to be a user for 6 months before you can do this? Or have 100 +feedback and no negatives? Or you have bought at least 5 trade credits in the last year? The 500 is too much as is the $50 of pts. For some of us we get our pts through trades and tons of referrals.

[quote name='myl0r']they changed the qualifications! now you have to have a feedback score of over 500 OR minimum score of 100 and purchased $50 worth of POINTS in the past 60 days.

I do not qualify for either, simply because I got my points by trading, not buying. This sucks, I was going to get the Halo Wars LE, since I've got points to burn. I'm pissed.[/quote]

I was about to post this. In fact, I still will.

[quote name='Goozex']
At the moment the following restrictions apply:

• Availability: max number of products sold per month is 50, and each user can only buy one product per month
  • Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement.
  • Selection: the service is provided only for select products
[/quote]I'm not too particularly happy about these restrictions, either.

thanks for that info, glad I didn't try to get up for nothing I'm only at 290 feedback.. and I don't remember buying $50 in points in the past two month

I only bought $30 in points when they had that sale back around December or January. I only have 230 feedback since I don't trade that often. If they wanted you to buy $50 in points, you might as well just go out and buy the game you wanted.

I'm not very happy about these restrictions.

Lol those restrictions are balls. I wasn't going to get in on the deal but the fact that I'm only at 430 and don't buy their shitty points, which excludes me and many others from the deal, is weaksauce.

That is complete crap. I can totally understand the whole restriction IDEA, but this just hurts the average user. This only allows 3 year+ veterans and gamerscore whores.

I've literally traded off my ENTIRE ps2 collection (~35 games) and received the rest back in 360/ps3 games. I mean, I've paid more in S/H on fucking 100-point-games than I would have done normally, just to support this service. I feel insulted that I can't get into this.

Instructions: Buy cheap games and trade them then use the points for instant game.

EXAMPLE

Buy Call of Duty: WaW on sale now for $30
Rip cd out of case and ship it out for cheap
Repeat
New game for $50
???

[quote name='kube00']Yea nothing although with the regulations in place I cant get anything[/quote]

didn't read that restriction part that blows....my feedback score is currently only 340 and I still have 38 trade credits. As far as Goozex points I never buy them!

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']You guys realize they only offer like 50 copies each on the new deal... So its not like its really trying to harvest alot of points off the market. But instead it allows them advertisement power by having one person say, "Wow, i got a brand new game from goozex the other day!!" in a forum which will bring them 100's of new members. Or at least they hope.
IMHO of course...
Goozex is kewl just still gettin its legs though.[/quote]

I agree, as it seems to be working to some degree. Quite a few people here talking about it, probably quite a few on other boards as well.

[quote name='Regian']I was about to post this. In fact, I still will.

I'm not too particularly happy about these restrictions, either.[/QUOTE]

Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement.

must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement

what would take you between 50 to 100 trades to do this.

no problem here on my end

Your feedback score is: 1500

Trade credits 72

Trade points 25650

but i dont want any of the games

Yikes. I have 100+ feedback, but I don't know if I make the other purchase requirement. Guess I'll find out whenever it goes live!

[quote name='Walt Jay']Yikes. I have 100+ feedback, but I don't know if I make the other purchase requirement. Guess I'll find out whenever it goes live![/quote]

Same here. Haven't purchased $50 in points ever. Just spent $25 on trade credits and I'm 20 points shy of that stupid 500 pt requirement. I need to spend these 6k points I'm sitting on.

Wait a minute, it's 500 feedback score, not 500 trades. Not sure why I thought it was 500 trades (kind of like CAG where 1 trade = 1 feedback). So I guess I do qualify.

Good thing, because I was getting nervous on what to do with these points I saved up just for RE5! :hot:

I'd probably be down for Halo Wars LE but I've got 1000 points tied up with an obvious scammer who supposedly sent me a Guitar Hero set UPS with tracking number 12345.

[quote name='derder']That is complete crap. I can totally understand the whole restriction IDEA, but this just hurts the average user. This only allows 3 year+ veterans and gamerscore whores.

I've literally traded off my ENTIRE ps2 collection (~35 games) and received the rest back in 360/ps3 games. I mean, I've paid more in S/H on fucking 100-point-games than I would have done normally, just to support this service. I feel insulted that I can't get into this.[/quote]

I've only been there for just over a year and I'm well past the requirements.

And what does being a "gamerscore whore" have to do with being an active trader on Goozex?

[quote name='blackhole82']i wished they'd just let us do the exchange already. it still says "not available at the moment"[/quote]

Yeah they said during "waking hours".

It's after 11 on the East and after 8 on the West. Most people are already up and wake now, unless they meant waking hours for the graveyard shift workers, then they should have made things a bit clearer.

What a catch-22. Those of you who would actually want to get the games can't because of the restrictions; those of us who could get them don't want them. Goozex's ultimate plan is to drive the entire gaming industry insane.

[quote name='savagepastry']What a catch-22. Those of you who would actually want to get the games can't because of the restrictions; those of us who could get them don't want them. Goozex's ultimate plan is to drive the entire gaming industry insane.[/quote]

You forgot those of us that want to get them, are eligbile, but are waiting for them to allow us to because they haven't updated the page yet :p

bread's done
Back