Same thing as last time, other games.
Goes live sometime during the week of March 16th:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproducts.asp

The following games will be available brand new for the listed point values:

Halo Wars Limited Edition: 2000 pts.

Halo Wars: 1600 pts.

Resident Evil 5: 1600 pts.

Street Fighter IV: 1600 pts.

DaPhatty Edit - I thought this Tidbit was very important for everyone to know. I've traded (what I feel is) a ton of stuff through Goozex yet I don't qualify for this...

Are there limitations in using the service?
Yes. Right now the service is provided with some restrictions. At the moment the following restrictions apply:

* Availability: max number of products sold per month is 50, and each user can only buy one product per month
* Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement; or must have completed 10+ trades as seller with positive feedback in the last 60 days.
* Selection: the service is provided only for select products. Each user can purchase a maximum of one copy of each product.

It is Goozex's intention to reduce these restrictions over time, and make it available to everybody and at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Oh for fucks sake...[/quote]

I second that..... Delayed for a few days, meaning it could happen any time this week. I guess we should all watch twitter like a hawk then.

[quote name='degenerazn']Not many people exploit the Goozex system and "flip" games for profit. Most users out there are just common traders who dump their older games for other games. You only represent a very small minority of people who exploit the system. So no, I am not ignorant or naive, I just have a life and would rather just trades games then to go out and rack up 28k points.[/quote]

Even if you don't exploit the system, you can trade in a couple recent Wii/PS3/360 games for enough points for a brand new, in-demand game. You know what Gamestop's offer right now is for the same thing? Bring in two in-demand games and get $40 off the purchase of RE5. So you should still come out about $20 ahead of Gamestop.

Also, since we are Cheap Ass Gamers, we should all be getting our games for much less than retail, correct? Target clearance deals and such. When you pay $15 for a PS3 clearance game at Target, play it, then trade it in to Goozex for 600 points, you aren't exploiting the system so much as just being a Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='Rictor']Even if you don't exploit the system, you can trade in a couple recent Wii/PS3/360 games for enough points for a brand new, in-demand game. You know what Gamestop's offer right now is for the same thing? Bring in two in-demand games and get $40 off the purchase of RE5. So you should still come out about $20 ahead of Gamestop.

Also, since we are Cheap Ass Gamers, we should all be getting our games for much less than retail, correct? Target clearance deals and such. When you pay $15 for a PS3 clearance game at Target, play it, then trade it in to Goozex for 600 points, you aren't exploiting the system so much as just being a Cheap Ass Gamer.[/quote]

Why is flipping games "Exploiting" the system? B

[quote name='aznguyen316']^^ agreed, b/c others are wanting the game and know before hand the cost in points. so both sides are happy, no exploitation here.[/quote]

I got mushroom men for 9.99 from Microcenter and traded it for like 750 points. In the process I took time off work to get the game and made someone happy at Goozex.

People who calls this exploitation are IMO not very smart. the more games in the system the better

It's crap like this that makes me wish I never bothered with Goozex in the first place... Every single game I've wanted, I can't get because there's always 200 people in front of me; so I end up going to the store and buying them anyways. What's the point? So now i'm excited that I can finally spend all these worthless points on a new game, and now there's some BS restrictions.

Thanks for nothing Goozex.

[quote name='Mastershredder']It's crap like this that makes me wish I never bothered with Goozex in the first place... Every single game I've wanted, I can't get because there's always 200 people in front of me; so I end up going to the store and buying them anyways. What's the point? So now i'm excited that I can finally spend all these worthless points on a new game, and now there's some BS restrictions.

Thanks for nothing Goozex.[/quote]

You could buy games then sell the on ebay for cash if you wanted to get rid of your points that bad. Also, you could stay up late on monday night for release day

[quote name='zenintrude']the point is for guys with inflated points stashes to get rid of some of those points for brand new games...

1600 = $80, which is $20 over what those games cost, but because you can get a lot of points from goozex for games that are otherwise not worth so much, it's a decent deal. so 1000 for a new ds game, as long as you have a crazy stockpile of points, is not horrible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have like 7000 some points there I'd love to get dwindled down to a lower level as I don't want a lot of points tied up indefinitely. I game less and less and that will get worse next year so i don't want a few hundred bucks of points sitting there when I'm barely gaming.

So I'll jump on some of these deals if I get a chance this time (definitely for RE5), and I need to start selling some games instead of sending all to Goozex when I'm done with them.

[quote name='Mastershredder']It's crap like this that makes me wish I never bothered with Goozex in the first place... Every single game I've wanted, I can't get because there's always 200 people in front of me; so I end up going to the store and buying them anyways. What's the point? So now i'm excited that I can finally spend all these worthless points on a new game, and now there's some BS restrictions.

Thanks for nothing Goozex.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with the waits. If it's something I want right away like Gears 2, I buy it. But for the vast majority of games I'm fine playing them a few months later. I got Fable 2 in January, Fallout 3 in February and have Left 4 Dead coming now.

It's not a service for people who have to have games right away, but for most people who don't have to the be the first on the block to have the new game it works great.

I recently had a glut of Goozex points so I requested several games that had a fair amount of value at gamestop and traded them in - the 3 games netted me 95$ in gamestop credit which I can use instantly and it helped clear out some of the shitty goozex credit. I even have some left over for killzone 2 if they ever start this exchange

Eligibility: only users with their account in good standing are eligible to use the service. In particular users must have a minimum feedback score of 100 and have purchased at least $50 worth of points in the last 60 days; or must have a feedback score of 500 and no minimum purchase requirement.

That's some kind of bullshit. I've been there almost two years and I've traded 21 games out, 16 in - all positive. I've never bought points though, and my feedback is only at 205. Looks like no RE5 for me.

[quote name='JJSP']That's some kind of bullshit. I've been there almost two years and I've traded 21 games out, 16 in - all positive. I've never bought points though, and my feedback is only at 205. Looks like no RE5 for me.[/quote]

Damn feedback of 500? I guess I don't qualify after all. I only have 405, and I've traded 42 games :/ I only have $25 worth of trade credits purchased. That is lame.

Forgot to mention in my first post above that I do think the requirments suck as my feedback is 320 and I've never bought points.

I guess they just realize all those by points get free points deals were a bad idea as it put too many points in circulation with not enough games in circulation. So now they're trying to get rid of points. Makes sense, but sucks because as noted I really want to get my point total lowered and there are many already out games I have any interest in playing.

I fear I'm eventually going to have to request games with decent resell value to just acquire and sell down the road if my gaming time/interest continues to dwindle. Or maybe not, hopefully I can play enough on the 360 the rest of this gen (and sell them rather than flipping them back on Goozex) to get my points zeroed out in case I don't buy any consoles the next go around.

[quote name='JJSP']That's some kind of bullshit. I've been there almost two years and I've traded 21 games out, 16 in - all positive. I've never bought points though, and my feedback is only at 205. Looks like no RE5 for me.[/QUOTE]

holy crap... agreed. that is fucking bullshit.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I recently had a glut of Goozex points so I requested several games that had a fair amount of value at gamestop and traded them in - the 3 games netted me 95$ in gamestop credit which I can use instantly and it helped clear out some of the shitty goozex credit. I even have some left over for killzone 2 if they ever start this exchange[/QUOTE]

that is what i did last year but i went the gamefly route.

Cashed in on alot of the 100 pt games and sold them to gamefly for 9 to 13 each

ended up with around 300 bucks in credit.

[quote name='slidecage']that is what i did last year but i went the gamefly route.

Cashed in on alot of the 100 pt games and sold them to gamefly for 9 to 13 each

ended up with around 300 bucks in credit.[/quote]

Wait, this sounds like some sort of deal I need to know about. How do you trade in games to game fly?

[quote name='myl0r']Wait, this sounds like some sort of deal I need to know about. How do you trade in games to game fly?[/QUOTE]

gamefly sends out invites to people to join their BETA trade in program. the only people who can trade in games are people who get the invites so its not good for all

also their trade in prices really suck now (when i was doing it i was getting around 10ish per game) now your lucky to get around 5 per game so its not really worth sending stuff in anymore

thanks slidecage

also, didn't see it posted, but Goozex changed the policy. Now, if you have 10 positive trades as a seller in the past 60 days, you are eligible. Still leaves me on the outside, but I'm glad they changed the policy.

[quote name='Rictor']
Also, since we are Cheap Ass Gamers, we should all be getting our games for much less than retail, correct? Target clearance deals and such. When you pay $15 for a PS3 clearance game at Target, play it, then trade it in to Goozex for 600 points, you aren't exploiting the system so much as just being a Cheap Ass Gamer.[/quote]

This has been my only problem with goozex. It's seems to be great for sellers, not so much for CAG inclined buyers. I'd argue that they keep the values of games perhaps too high. Like :360:Mirror's Edge is still 1000 pts on goozex but is ~$35 @ GS base. When you factor in all the sales, trade-in deals and coupons, I'm not sure you ever come out ahead going the goozex route. Maybe it's good for dumping last gen games, but for the current gen it's too hard to get your value back.

Maybe if you're one of the ones who stay up like a hawk and can get in when the game is first released you'd think the system great. But that, IMO, is an extra bit of 'work' that really doesnt get you much advantage in the end. Again, being a CAG with all the clearance, Amazon, and other deals at our fingertips, I can almost always find a game for much less than the goozex credit. And I dont have to wait in a long queue.

But that's just been my experience.

[quote name='hostyl1']This has been my only problem with goozex. It's seems to be great for sellers, not so much for CAG inclined buyers. I'd argue that they keep the values of games perhaps too high. Like :360:Mirror's Edge is still 1000 pts on goozex but is ~$35 @ GS base. When you factor in all the sales, trade-in deals and coupons, I'm not sure you ever come out ahead going the goozex route. Maybe it's good for dumping last gen games, but for the current gen it's too hard to get your value back.

Maybe if you're one of the ones who stay up like a hawk and can get in when the game is first released you'd think the system great. But that, IMO, is an extra bit of 'work' that really doesnt get you much advantage in the end. Again, being a CAG with all the clearance, Amazon, and other deals at our fingertips, I can almost always find a game for much less than the goozex credit. And I dont have to wait in a long queue.

But that's just been my experience.[/quote]

true, but I'll gladly pay 1000 points for Gears of War 2 or Fallout 3. You can find some good flips(like when I flipped a clearenced Scene It bundle. $15 into 1000 points. Means $15=New Game)
And yea, some of the values are high, like Mirror's Edge. However, it's based on supply and demand. If there is still a high demand and low supply, the price won't drop.

[quote name='CaoPi']it is brand new sealed for 1,600 but yeah it's kind of pricy.....[/quote]

Every game I send out on Goozex is brand new and sealed and its only ever for the 1000 or less points I get by default. I'd love it if I could get 1600 for a brand new game.

[quote name='hostyl1']And I dont have to wait in a long queue.[/quote]

If you know what to do on Goozex, you can flip a clearance game for 1000 points and then cash out on readily available flippable games. After that if you sell the games on eBay you can come out making $80.00+ on a game you paid $15 or less for.

It's a really good system if you know how to manipulate it. I think there's going to come a time when it collapses, though.

[quote name='hostyl1']And I dont have to wait in a long queue.[/quote]

If you know what to do on Goozex, you can flip a clearance game for 1000 points and then cash out on readily available flippable games. After that if you sell the games on eBay you can come out making $80.00+ on a game you paid $15 or less for.

It's a really good system if you know how to manipulate it. I think there's going to come a time when it collapses, though.

[quote name='myl0r']thanks slidecage

also, didn't see it posted, but Goozex changed the policy. Now, if you have 10 positive trades as a seller in the past 60 days, you are eligible. Still leaves me on the outside, but I'm glad they changed the policy.[/quote]

That's still pretty restrictive 10 trades in a 2 month time period is a lot... I haven't traded all that much lately so again I'm getting the shaft.

I'll have to take a gander at the new requirements, which means I'll need to go back and re-write my piece for the Goozex report

Yeah, completed my first trade today...Was fucking sweet! Got rid of a game I'll never play, and may be able to afford a game for the womanfriend...But yeah, the 500 point requirement's a little steep...

Anyways, Goozex is my new friend, alongside CAG of course :)

[quote name='myl0r']thanks slidecage

also, didn't see it posted, but Goozex changed the policy. Now, if you have 10 positive trades as a seller in the past 60 days, you are eligible. Still leaves me on the outside, but I'm glad they changed the policy.[/quote]

where does it say that Goozex changed this policy to 10 positive trades? Hmm nvm looks like GZ finally changed their restriction on the FAQs page....

i have a feeling that goozex is going to the dogs, there just isn't enough traffic or transactions taking place for it to remain profitable for long. i wish things would just move. i would prefer for point prices to fluctuate up and down over days (i.e stock market) rather than weeks, in order to get things moving. because ppl seem to just be waiting for point prices to drop before getting a game.
If the goozex algorithims to determine price points are based on supply and demand then why does it take a game worth 750 points weeks to be sold. Drop the price to 600 then if demand skyrockets raise the price back up and make this process faster. i don't mind getting fewer points for my games sold, as long as i can get my hands on games released in the last 2 months.

How does the shipping work? Do they pay for it? Or do you ship by yourself? Is it like Netflix where they just send you a bag with the postage paid.

[quote name='Naramie']How does the shipping work? Do they pay for it? Or do you ship by yourself? Is it like Netflix where they just send you a bag with the postage paid.[/quote]

The seller pays...Watch offering cheapass games on Goozex for 100 points...3 dollars to ship makes it hardly worthwhile.

i just realized that halo wars LE is selling for 2000 points. You better have some cheap games worth flipping cause that's $100 in goozex points right there.

10 trades? Aw hell, I've got 2000 goozex points in the kitty and I thought I'd be getting my SFIV on this week. But I've only done like 5 trades. :(

[quote name='thehoweller']The seller pays...Watch offering cheapass games on Goozex for 100 points...3 dollars to ship makes it hardly worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

But you can accumulate 100 points worths of games towards a larger pointed game. Though I am a cheapass, I ship out 100 point games because I *heart* the trading community there and believe in the service.

[quote name='oidigo1']i have a feeling that goozex is going to the dogs, there just isn't enough traffic or transactions taking place for it to remain profitable for long. i wish things would just move. i would prefer for point prices to fluctuate up and down over days (i.e stock market) rather than weeks, in order to get things moving. because ppl seem to just be waiting for point prices to drop before getting a game.
If the goozex algorithims to determine price points are based on supply and demand then why does it take a game worth 750 points weeks to be sold. Drop the price to 600 then if demand skyrockets raise the price back up and make this process faster. i don't mind getting fewer points for my games sold, as long as i can get my hands on games released in the last 2 months.[/quote]

Ugh.

Goozex is not going under. Stop trying to spread stupid rumors.

"We are no longer taking orders" Goozex on the trade page.... Link to :http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproduct.asp?product=34593

So my question is this means this set is done? if so why not take it down.... Also I have a friend at amazon, and amazon and goozex are SUPPOSEDLY working hard on a deal. Wether this means amazon will own goozex, or goozex will supply amazon with used games, no idea. But because a company is trying new things is a poor indicator of them going down. Wait till they start charging a monthly infrastructure and then its obvious they are going down lol.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']"We are no longer taking orders" Goozex on the trade page.... Link to :http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproduct.asp?product=34593

So my question is this means this set is done? if so why not take it down.... Also I have a friend at amazon, and amazon and goozex are SUPPOSEDLY working hard on a deal. Wether this means amazon will own goozex, or goozex will supply amazon with used games, no idea. But because a company is trying new things is a poor indicator of them going down. Wait till they start charging a monthly infrastructure and then its obvious they are going down lol.[/quote]

It hasn't even started yet. It was supposed to start yesterday and was delayed a "few days" and they are still changing the restrictions for it all the time.

[quote name='oidigo1']remain profitable for long.[/quote]

Where the fuck do you get this?

Website and programming can't be no more then $100/year if... it's a website that runs scripts automatically to generate trades between players.

Hell a person could do simple scripts in Excel and macro the damn thing.

And I beleive the "Team" has other jobs... Goozex isn't retiring off of this.

And with the 1000s of trades monthly, all for a credit each, they are making enough to float on by.

Really the only way goozex goes under is people putting all their shit on hold and NOT trading.

We are the market, not them, they don't sell anything!!! (besides trade credits).

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']"We are no longer taking orders" Goozex on the trade page.... Link to :http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproduct.asp?product=34593

So my question is this means this set is done? if so why not take it down.... Also I have a friend at amazon, and amazon and goozex are SUPPOSEDLY working hard on a deal. Wether this means amazon will own goozex, or goozex will supply amazon with used games, no idea. But because a company is trying new things is a poor indicator of them going down. Wait till they start charging a monthly infrastructure and then its obvious they are going down lol.[/quote]

Well considering the games from the Exchange come from Amazon, maybe they are working on a deal where they can get the games at a discount?

[quote name='xycury']Where the fuck do you get this?

Website and programming can't be no more then $100/year if... it's a website that runs scripts automatically to generate trades between players.

Hell a person could do simple scripts in Excel and macro the damn thing.
[/quote]

Do you think these guys value their time at minimum wage or something?

Plus maintaining the games database--which probably requires manually entering new releases--likely takes a lot of time. And I doubt their game pricing algorithm is fully automatic, it definitely doesn't seem like it anyways.

[quote name='Doomstink']If you know what to do on Goozex, you can flip a clearance game for 1000 points and then cash out on readily available flippable games. After that if you sell the games on eBay you can come out making $80.00+ on a game you paid $15 or less for.

It's a really good system if you know how to manipulate it. I think there's going to come a time when it collapses, though.[/quote]

You're right, that's simply not sustainable. The fact that you guys are able to manipulate the system shows that their pricing algorithm doesn't accurately reflect the market values of games... which means the people you are flipping the games to are getting ripped off, even if they don't realize it. And Goozex is profiting off this through their space bucks currency that they can control to influence trading.

So if everyone on Goozex just acted like CAGs to get games instead of using Goozex than I'd bet less overall money would be spent by gamers to get games. And it wouldn't really be any less convenient--heck, we'd all probably get the games we want faster and we could get new games instead of used, actually supporting game developers in the process. So what's the point of Goozex?

I'm in the process of dumping my Goozex points. I don't like the idea of keeping some of my assets tied up in an imaginary currency that is controlled by a couple guys running what I think is an unsustainable business. And I'm tired of waiting in super long queues to get games with inflated points values (eg, Civilization Revolution for 360, just recently received it's first drop to 950 points, even though it came out last summer and it's $40 MSRP).

I've made a lot of posts ridiculing Goozex and flippers. It's because I think the spirit of being a Cheap Ass Gamer also entails not taking advantage of other gamers. When you become a middleman for games you have no interest in playing--buying low and selling high--you're clearly making another gamer pay more for the game, either directly or indirectly.

I laugh at many of the comments here, as many are people who just don't really understand goozex, or just need something to complain about.

I flip games all the time and I'm nto taking advantage of anyone on the site. Someone wants the game and willingly actively requests for a 1000 point game, and I flip a game I paid $20 for for that price point. They get the game they want, and I make a nice profit. No one is forcing this person to pay those price points.

As for the restrictions on the Goozex Exchange, they have said this is a premium service for those that have been active on the site and heavy traders. I think its nice that for once, I am getting a perk for being a high volume trader in and out.

For those complaining about the point values, the algorithm is based on Supply & Demand and the Muze database MSRP. At times, Goozex has set forth a manual change when needed. But they will not just drop or raise a games points by a large margin, so it doesn't catch traders by surprise. When a price change occurs, it goes in 50 point increments on a near weekly basis.

I've always said that the next big step in Goozex's evolution is allowing some type of bidding system with points. For example, apparently there's a lot of interest in spending 1.6k points on new copy RE5. I wonder how many current traders would trade their used, mint copy for 1.2k or 1.4k?

Allowing the market to control pricing to a degree would help more trades happen. I think it's a no lose situation. If you want to bid more, you can. If not, you can wait for the natural price devaluation over time like people do today. I imagine it would take more than a bit of programming to implement this kind of system, but I think it's necessary for Goozex to evolve.

Also, I think this promo their running is part "customer appreciation" (hence, the requirements), part "take some points out of the market". They needed to draw the line somewhere as far as the requirements, so you'll always end up with people left out. If there were no requirements or very lax ones, then there'd be bitching from the heavy traders who make a lot of trades getting left out because a bunch of new traders beat them to it. In business, loyalty is valuable, so the last set of customer you want to piss off are your long-time, very active ones.

Maybe they'll do a first-pass with one set of requirements, and it there's left over supply, they'll open it up to everyone.

[quote name='Aleman']
I'm in the process of dumping my Goozex points. I don't like the idea of keeping some of my assets tied up in an imaginary currency that is controlled by a couple guys running what I think is an unsustainable business. [/QUOTE]

I'm at the same point--though I have no problems with the Goozex system as I don't mind the waits or sometimes inflated points value. When it comes down to it I'm getting games I want to play for next to nothing out of pocket so I can't complain.

But I had 8900 points in my account last month and I just don't like having that many points tied up. First, like you said who knows if the model is sustainable and I hate to lose that much "money" (since I could be getting a selling the games) if the company happened to go under.

Second it's just two high a balance to keep as I've found it's stayed stable in the 7000-8000 range for months for me as I get a 1000 point game, beat it and trade it back for 1000 points. Factor in that I only pick up 5-10 (usually on the lower end) games a year and I just don't need a balance nearly that high. So I want to get it to around 2000 and flip games back to keep it around there as that should be sufficient to always have points to get the few games I want a year and to not be out much if the site goes under. And it would be at a point where it would be easy to request a couple of games to sell if I end up not gaming at all next gen--which is a fair possibility.

Down to 6900, will take a while to get it lower as there's nothing readily available that I want so it will just take a while of waiting on new release that I want to become available and selling them when I beat them rather than flipping them back until my balance gets down to a more reasonable level.

[quote name='kube00']Whine bitch whine if you don't like it don't use it there are plenty of other ways to get games for cheap[/quote]

Apparently you didn't read the whole post because my conclusion was that I'm not going to use Goozex anymore and I was explaining why. Call it bitching and whining all you want but I think my points were logical.

I flip games all the time and I'm nto taking advantage of anyone on the site. Someone wants the game and willingly actively requests for a 1000 point game, and I flip a game I paid $20 for for that price point. They get the game they want, and I make a nice profit. No one is forcing this person to pay those price points.
The only reason that is viable is because Goozex's game pricing doesn't match market values and therefore people on the receiving end are getting a crappy deal. Hence why I think the current system is not sustainable.

Like someone said above, they should really just convert to an eBay-like bidding model. I would guess the only reason most of us don't use eBay is because of their high fees. If Goozex could be just like eBay but without the high fees it would be a lot better. They could still use Goozex Points instead of real money to save costs by avoiding real money transfer fees and legalities.

[quote name='Aleman']
Do you think these guys value their time at minimum wage or something?

Plus maintaining the games database--which probably requires manually entering new releases--likely takes a lot of time. And I doubt their game pricing algorithm is fully automatic, it definitely doesn't seem like it anyways.[/quote]

I'm guessing this is just a hobby, and wouldn't stick with it if it was at minimum wage. (How are they affording to give away complete new sealed games?!)

Maintaining databases and automatic algorithms and yes even entering new releases can be easy.

Just needs some great programming.

Just look at Super John the programmer for the Price Tracker... how hard would that be to make a simple check off if a game gets to be dropped depanding on the demand.

I bet a simple report could be written up....

Game, MSPR, Avg Price, Demand, Supply, Avg week trades, Pt ...
Example 1: P Fes 3, $39.99, 29.99, 43, 1, 5, 650 [X]
Example 2: Away Shuffle Dungeon, $29.99, $9.99, 4, 3, 0, 400 [O]

Someone then just looks at this and with business knowledge can deduce that P Fes shouldn't get a price change while Away Shuffle Dungeon should.

I know you don't work for Goozex, and niether do I, but I would guess that it's not near impossible to run and they need a bailout.

They only provide the middleman service, they have no goods to lose, only time and money spent on the website.... so they can't technically make a profit or loss if we keep trading.

If everyone stopped trading, put things on HOLD, then I'd be worried.

So far, that's the only real reason that Goozex would fold.

Of course I'd never have 10K in points ever... but with simple flips like Away that was an easy $10-->400 points.

And by Goozex doing this Instant NEW trade-in deal, it burns up the excess points and make them much more valuable than they were before.

They are effectively doing the opposite of "ruining" the market. Making sure high point goozexer's stay out of the queue line so many more other users benefit from trading.

[quote name='Aleman']
Like someone said above, they should really just convert to an eBay-like bidding model. I would guess the only reason most of us don't use eBay is because of their high fees. If Goozex could be just like eBay but without the high fees it would be a lot better. They could still use Goozex Points instead of real money to save costs by avoiding real money transfer fees and legalities.[/quote]

I would think that they could do both, trade and bid. I would still like to get games for 100 points or 250 but if I'm looking to sell a particular rare title, wouldn't mind making over 1000 if so be it.

I would stay away from a direct competitor to ebay and get rid of the trading though.

I would think that GZT would go under before goozex.

bread's done
Back