Goozex game trading site - New coupon for free games and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goozex

Official Representative
Hi from Goozex,

For nearly two months Goozex has had a presence here on CAG and today we’re excited to open a new thread talking about our new services. During that time we have answered many of your questions and more importantly, we have listened to your feedback. We want to continue working with everyone on CAG that trades their games on Goozex, and with the permission of CheapyD we have opened this new thread.

So what’s new on Goozex?

Yesterday the coupon on CAG expired and we are launching a new one effective today, September 1, 2006.
Code: CAG-1006-31
Get: 2 FREE trades and 200 points at first positive trade (in addition to 1 free trade at sign-up)
Expires: October 31, 2006
All you have to do is send out one of your games with positive feedback, and the coupon will automatically grant the free bonus. Basically, you can get up to 3 games for free by sending out one of yours!

Yesterday we launched trading capabilities for portable games (PSP, DS & GBA)! This has been requested by a lot of CAG users and we are happy to extend our trading line.

Another improvement that has been a real sticking point for a lot of CAGers has been our shipping method. We have heard you and we have come up with a solution that still maintains our low trade fee ($1.00) and still gives users the option to receive and ship games as they want. That should launch in the next two weeks.

If you want to keep up-to-date about our upgrades check them out here:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/about_update.asp

We hope you continue to share your Goozex experiences with everyone on CAG and with us, because we really are trying to make it work for you.

Happy Trading!

~Goozex Team~
Jon, Mark & Valerio

[quote name='Goozex']Hi from Goozex,

For nearly two months Goozex has had a presence here on CAG and today we’re excited to open a new thread talking about our new services. During that time we have answered many of your questions and more importantly, we have listened to your feedback. We want to continue working with everyone on CAG that trades their games on Goozex, and with the permission of CheapyD we have opened this new thread.

So what’s new on Goozex?

Yesterday the coupon on CAG expired and we are launching a new one effective today, September 1, 2006.
Code: CAG-1006-31
Get: 2 FREE trades and 200 points at first positive trade (in addition to 1 free trade at sign-up)
Expires: October 31, 2006
All you have to do is send out one of your games with positive feedback, and the coupon will automatically grant the free bonus. Basically, you can get up to 3 games for free by sending out one of yours!

Yesterday we launched trading capabilities for portable games (PSP, DS & GBA)! This has been requested by a lot of CAG users and we are happy to extend our trading line.

Another improvement that has been a real sticking point for a lot of CAGers has been our shipping method. We have heard you and we have come up with a solution that still maintains our low trade fee ($1.00) and still gives users the option to receive and ship games as they want. That should launch in the next two weeks.

If you want to keep up-to-date about our upgrades check them out here:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/about_update.asp

We hope you continue to share your Goozex experiences with everyone on CAG and with us, because we really are trying to make it work for you.

Happy Trading!

~Goozex Team~
Jon, Mark & Valerio[/QUOTE]

stupid question but if you already have an account can you use coupon codes. none of my games ever got picked yet so i have no trades

[quote name='slidecage'] if you already have an account can you use coupon codes. [/quote]

This coupon code is for new registrations on goozex.com.
We are also working on implementing a few other special promo for existing users. Stay tuned!

OK I joined this morning and listed a couple of games. One of my games was requested today and I've accepted the transaction. I plan on shipping the entire game (case, manual, disc, etc.) in a bubble envelope at my own expense.

My suggestion would be that the Goozex people check out LaLa (a similar cd-trading site) and read about the whole packaging vs. no packaging debate that went on there before they added both options last month.

I hope that in the near future Goozex will be able to have an option for people who want complete packaging, as I really would fall into that category. Thanks!

[quote name='heyyoeddie']OK I joined this morning and listed a couple of games. One of my games was requested today and I've accepted the transaction. I plan on shipping the entire game (case, manual, disc, etc.) in a bubble envelope at my own expense.

My suggestion would be that the Goozex people check out LaLa (a similar cd-trading site) and read about the whole packaging vs. no packaging debate that went on there before they added both options last month.

I hope that in the near future Goozex will be able to have an option for people who want complete packaging, as I really would fall into that category. Thanks![/quote]

Hi heyyoeddie,

Thanks for joining and making your first trade! We are going to update our mailing options for buyers and sellers and expect to launch Mailer Matrix on Sept. 15th.

Basically, as a buyer you'll preselect before a match how you'd like to receive a game (disc only, disc + manual, full package) and then you'll be appropriately matched with a seller who has agreed to send disc only, disc + manual, or full package.

It should work that if you're the buyer the fastest way to get a game is to choose disc only because you'll be in the queue for all three options and you may get a full package. If you select to receive only a full package the games you request may take longer to receive. Conversely, if you're the seller it will be faster to match you if you agree to send full package because you can send to all three types of buyers. If you select to send disc only, then you may have to wait longer to be matched with someone who only wants disc only.

You can say how you want to ship or receive a game on an individual basis...

OK, that's basically how LaLa handled it as well. So, maybe I should remove all games from my wantlist for the next two weeks -- so that I know I can get a complete game?

[quote name='heyyoeddie']OK, that's basically how LaLa handled it as well. So, maybe I should remove all games from my wantlist for the next two weeks -- so that I know I can get a complete game?[/quote]

You may not want to do that only because once you come back in you'll be placed at the back of the queue. That said, we have had a lot of users give positive feedback on receiving a complete package. A lot of CAGers have been proactive and helping us with new mailing options!

If you haven't heard of them, goozex.com is a website that facilitates used video game trading with a points system. (Edited because first game free deal has changed.)

They've been supporting disk based consoles in the past(GCN, Xbox, Xbox360, PS1&2, etc) and I've been very pleased with their service. But now they've added GBA, DS, and PSP games to the site for those who love portable gaming at a cheap price ($1 per trade)

I've swapped 20+ games on this site and I've never been screwed.

Enjoy,
piecolorado

Considering you can get games on here that have been cancelled (A Boy And His Blob for DS), I don't particularly trust the validity of this site.

[quote name='piecolorado']If you haven't heard of them, goozex.com is a website that facilitates used video game trading with a points system. When you sign up, your first 200 point or lower game is sent to you free (no, you don't have to swap anything for it or pay shipping)

They've been supporting disk based consoles in the past(GCN, Xbox, Xbox360, PS1&2, etc) and I've been very pleased with their service. But now they've added GBA, DS, and PSP games to the site for those who love portable gaming at a cheap price ($1 per trade after the first one which is free)

I've swapped 20+ games on this site and I've never been screwed.

Enjoy,
piecolorado[/quote]

Are you sure? I just got Feel The Magic and I was charged the points and trade.

So far, this site's not bad. I've gotten 2 games already, one in mint condition and the other in okay condition. The thing that I didn't get was the last game I got, the sender shipped it in a bubble mailer......but the game only! Why couldn't he just slip in the manul and inserts! Bah. Oh well.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Considering you can get games on here that have been cancelled (A Boy And His Blob for DS), I don't particularly trust the validity of this site.[/quote]

Hi Cmosfm,

Goozex gets its games database from Muze, a content provider and every once in a while you'll see a game like A Boy and His Blod that shouldn't be there. Muze provides us with the game icons, description and names and we build that into our site.

Also, I just checked and A Boy and His Blod is not being shown as available on Goozex. In other words, nobody has posted that game on our site.

I just signed up for it and posted up most of my games for trade. But! I forgot to put in the CAG coupon that you gave us. Oh well, I guess the extra $1 won't hurt me too much for that free trade

Thanks for the code. I like the look of the site, but not the feel. The searching part is a little bit annoying. It would be nice if you could have an option to search all systems, or all categories, because it gets stuck on that one category.

EDIT: Whoops, ok, I guess if you just click it again it will cancel the filter.

[quote name='Oberman']I just signed up for it and posted up most of my games for trade. But! I forgot to put in the CAG coupon that you gave us. Oh well, I guess the extra $1 won't hurt me too much for that free trade[/quote]

Hi Oberman,
PM me your Goozex username and I'll put in the code for you.

Goozex, can you explain the shipping Policy to me? Do you need to ship the game complete. I'm not a big fan of disc-only games.

Also, I have my own box mailers, if I use those am I covered my Goozex still? Or do I have to use the print out paper?

[quote name='Technique']Goozex, can you explain the shipping Policy to me? Do you need to ship the game complete. I'm not a big fan of disc-only games.

Also, I have my own box mailers, if I use those am I covered my Goozex still? Or do I have to use the print out paper?[/quote]
Hi Technique,

The shipping policy is as such:
1. You are only obligated by Goozex to send the original game disc
2. If you send disc only, Goozex provides you with a print mailer that you can use
3. Goozex does not pay for shipping (no matter what or how you send) -- The reason for this is to keep our costs low and offer trades for just $1

We expect to have on Sept. 15th the new Goozex Mailer Matrix ready. Basically as I mentioned before it will allow you as the buyer to choose how you want to receive a game and as a seller how to send a game. Effectively if you want to get a full package Goozex will be able to match you with someone who is willing to spend extra to send you one. If you don't mind disc only, then you can request that. In the end, you can choose how to receive and send. I would say that half of Goozex senders have shipped complete packages in bubble mailers and the other half in Goozex printer mailers

Let me know if you have other questions.

So I thought I'd share a quick blurb from Games Radar that was put out today.

"The internet has run out of names

There are already a few game trading sites on the internet. We like the looks of Goozex, though. Despite the incoherent name, the idea is great: you put up lists of games you don't want anymore and let other people pick 'em out. When someone grabs your game, you score Goozex points, which you can then cash in on a later trade. Each trade also costs a buck, which isn't too bad, we figure. We don't know how well it works just yet, but it makes tons of sense. Check it out. Ignore the cartoon dinosaur."

Link: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox/g...006&articleId=20060831181151601014&releaseId=

[quote name='Oberman']So even if we are sending out the game, are we still charged the $1 fee?[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion....
No you will not be charged $1 for sending a game. Only the receiver of the game is charged $1 plus the points needed to get the game.

So an example:
Halo 2 is currently 400 points
1. If you send the game you get 400 points and you pay shipping (whichever way you decide)
2. If you receive Halo 2 you pay $1 and use 400 points

[quote name='Technique']Thanks for the code. I like the look of the site, but not the feel. The searching part is a little bit annoying. It would be nice if you could have an option to search all systems, or all categories, because it gets stuck on that one category.

EDIT: Whoops, ok, I guess if you just click it again it will cancel the filter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that part still annoys me somewhat. Also, I'd like the ability to search by a range of points.

so where do the point values come from..?

grr my katamari damacy request rose 100 points
and many sports titles are inaccurate to its real counterparts
ex. madden nfl 07 hall of fame is 800 for x360 but it's 950 for ps2

[quote name='BasketCase1080']i guess ill give this a try once the new thing is implimented so i know ill get complete games.[/quote]Same.

do you have any plans to put older generation games on the site - I wouldn't mind making a couple of nes, n64, or 3do games available mainly.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']so where do the point values come from..?

grr my katamari damacy request rose 100 points
and many sports titles are inaccurate to its real counterparts
ex. madden nfl 07 hall of fame is 800 for x360 but it's 950 for ps2[/quote]

Hi RaPtOrsIII,

Our points are derived from different weights given to market prices, supply and demand, and user ratings, among other things...

What might be happening with the madden nfl 07 hall of fame game is different supply and demand numbers for each version....

[quote name='Visc']do you have any plans to put older generation games on the site - I wouldn't mind making a couple of nes, n64, or 3do games available mainly.[/quote]

Hi Visc,
No, not at this time. Those games don't come in a disc format and we wouldn't really be able to create mailers for them. Never say never, but I doubt we'll have non-disc or portable cartridge games available anytime soon.

[quote name='Goozex']Hi Visc,
No, not at this time. Those games don't come in a disc format and we wouldn't really be able to create mailers for them. Never say never, but I doubt we'll have non-disc or portable cartridge games available anytime soon.[/quote]

hope that my drill dozer (complete) i sent in a #10 envelope goes thru ;)

No, not at this time. Those games don't come in a disc format and we wouldn't really be able to create mailers for them. Never say never, but I doubt we'll have non-disc or portable cartridge games available anytime soon.[/quote]

portable games just went on site? (ds/gba/psp)

anywhoo i sent my drill dozer (complete w/o box) in a regular #10 envelope, hope it works

No, not at this time. Those games don't come in a disc format and we wouldn't really be able to create mailers for them. Never say never, but I doubt we'll have non-disc or portable cartridge games available anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

???

You just added non-disc portable cartridge games to your site (GBA & DS games)..... I don't understand.

I can understand not doing N64 games because they are so bulky, but why not add a section for other disc based systems like Sega Saturn? Goozex would be an excellent place to trade them.

basically what everyone said concerning cart games, I'm too lazy to put it up again. Also, 3DO games are disc games. ;)

[quote name='ManChowder']???

You just added non-disc portable cartridge games to your site (GBA & DS games)..... I don't understand.

I can understand not doing N64 games because they are so bulky, but why not add a section for other disc based systems like Sega Saturn? Goozex would be an excellent place to trade them.[/quote]

Hi ManChowder,

It would also be more content that we would have to lease from Muze and make work with our database. I think if the demand gets to be large enough it will definetly be something we can add to Goozex.

What does the one free trade I get when I sign up mean? Also, is there any method of trading PC games, since I have a lot that I no longer use.

[quote name='Superfan']What does the one free trade I get when I sign up mean? Also, is there any method of trading PC games, since I have a lot that I no longer use.[/quote]

Hi Superfan,

One free trade at signup means the $1 trade fee is waived for your first trade that you receive.

After your first trade you'll get an additional bonus of 200 points and another 2 free trade credits put into your account. We want to introduce Goozex to you in the easiest way possible.

PC Games are something we're seriously working to add and we think we have a way around the online serial key code obstacle. If we can pass some tests on PC Games we will have something additional and exciting about Goozex to talk mention.

[quote name='Goozex']Hi Superfan,

One free trade at signup means the $1 trade fee is waived for your first trade that you receive.

After your first trade you'll get an additional bonus of 200 points and another 2 free trade credits put into your account. We want to introduce Goozex to you in the easiest way possible.

PC Games are something we're seriously working to add and we think we have a way around the online serial key code obstacle. If we can pass some tests on PC Games we will have something additional and exciting about Goozex to talk mention.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt touch used PC games with a 10 foot poll. If these people are not taking these programs off their computer but then trading the game away I think this site could get busted big time

and i cant figure this out. how do you list games that are not listed

I want to see how many pts

kingdom of pardisce (i think its call) PSP

legend of heroes 1 psp

and some other PSP be worth but i dont see them and dont see a way to add them

[quote name='slidecage']and i cant figure this out. how do you list games that are not listed

I want to see how many pts

kingdom of pardisce (i think its call) PSP

legend of heroes 1 psp

and some other PSP be worth but i dont see them and dont see a way to add them[/QUOTE]

ahh..
they are listed. i think you broke your internet.
:)

Legend of Heros - 500 points
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=13396

kingdom of pardisce doesn't exist
However
Kingdom of Paradise - 500 points
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=13652

[quote name='wbc1228']ahh..
they are listed. i think you broke your internet.
:)

Legend of Heros - 500 points
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=13396

kingdom of pardisce doesn't exist
However
Kingdom of Paradise - 500 points
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=13652[/QUOTE]

thanks .... i was hitting the wrong buttons. ( requested now and then looking like that)

one i couldnt find (and sent them a pm)

was big game hunter 2005/ fishing game for the gba both games are on a single pack

[quote name='slidecage']thanks .... i was hitting the wrong buttons. ( requested now and then looking like that)

one i couldnt find (and sent them a pm)

was big game hunter 2005/ fishing game for the gba both games are on a single pack[/quote]

Hi Slidecage,

I just checked our database and the reason why "Cabela's Sports Pack -- Big Game Hunter 2005/ Rapala Pro Fishing 2 in 1" isn't showing up is because our content provider doesn't have it in their database. I will need to contact them and let them know. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll try to get them to fix the problem soon.

I'll post the same message as a reply to your PM.

[quote name='help1']I hoped on too early and now I dont get teh 2 free trades... oh well.[/quote]

Hi help1,

There are some planned promos that should help you out that are tied to something exciting for the end of the month...

[quote name='Goozex']Hi help1,

There are some planned promos that should help you out that are tied to something exciting for the end of the month...[/quote]
cool!

A warning to everyone trading on goozex: Don't use the goozex envelopes!

I received Sonic Adventure 2 (DC) in a goozex mailer and the disc was broken. A dreamcast game I recently sent out in a goozex envelope was reported broken in 3 pieces from the recipient, even though it included the manual and insert and seemed well paded. So don't use goozex envelopes, even if the game is disc only.

[quote name='toldawg128']A warning to everyone trading on goozex: Don't use the goozex envelopes!

I received Sonic Adventure 2 (DC) in a goozex mailer and the disc was broken. A dreamcast game I recently sent out in a goozex envelope was reported broken in 3 pieces from the recipient, even though it included the manual and insert and seemed well paded. So don't use goozex envelopes, even if the game is disc only.[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that toldawg...let me know if your account hasn't been given back your trade credit and points...

Again, this is unusual and we expect by the end of the week to have new mailer options to let users decide how they want to send and receive games...

Again, I'm sorry it happened.

This site has a lot of potential, but I think one thing you need to fix is the mailing options and choices of how you want to recieve the game (with manuals and case, etc). I also think the person who is recieving the game should know what rate of mail they are sending it (priority, etc).

I really like the site right now, but I don't think I will be using it until I know that I am going to be getting a complete game with the case and manuals. I see you are working on that and I hope you can get it done soon.

[quote name='Technique']This site has a lot of potential, but I think one thing you need to fix is the mailing options and choices of how you want to recieve the game (with manuals and case, etc). I also think the person who is recieving the game should know what rate of mail they are sending it (priority, etc).

I really like the site right now, but I don't think I will be using it until I know that I am going to be getting a complete game with the case and manuals. I see you are working on that and I hope you can get it done soon.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you will ever see people willing to send games Priority mail

1 buck to trade then 1 for the evnvlope then 4 to 5 bucks to ship (if they put on DC)

7 bucks per trade and you dont know the shape of the game.... Nah i would just stick to local traders and pay the 9 bucks to make sure i get a good working copy.

doing trades by mail with Trade fees + shipping fees 4 bucks tops would be the most i ever pay (and that is almost what we pay now) First class mail with DC

i dont know if i like this siite or another site more

this site nothing so far
other site 2 major games (worth 80) and was able to dump 9 games

I think added too late cause most of my games are like 20th in line

maybe in 6 months i might change my mind. though i will kept each of the stock on both sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back