Goozex Shipping Question (Goozex Users please look)

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
I made a Goozex account back in early '08 but have never actually used it, mainly because I forgot about it.

I am trying to start using it now for the first time really but have a question when it comes to shipping out games. It says that it gives you a sticker to print out, but what kind of package can I use? Does the prepaid sticker give enough only for a small envelope, a decent sized box/ what are we looking at?

So basically Goozex vets just give me a quick and brief lowdown of shipping/trading etiquette there that is generally used and the shipping/packaging options for sending games out.

Thanks in advance!

You don't have to use the print out. 50% of the stuff I get from people have it. I personally just write everything myself on the bubble mailer I use.

If you do end up sending something out without a jewel case/dvd case, I suggest using some cardboard to protect the disc from being broken in transit.

If you have any questions, you can always PM me or I'm sure you will get more responses in here.

Holy cats! Thanks much for the PayPal tip and link. I never new such a service existed and have been making trips to the post office (4 miles away) a couple times a week during my lunch break. Ouch... can't believe how much time I wasted. Thank you!

No problem. I did that the first few months I used Goozex and was super happy when I learned about Paypal shipping on the Goozex forums.

My post office at the time didn't have the automated mailing machine, and the lines were always 20-30 minutes deep.

I picked up a cheap postage scale off of eBay, and 100 pack of bubble mailers and adhesive labels from royalmailers.com for like $30. I've saved so much time and money using those and shipping through Paypal.

Yeah, I just take things to work and weigh them on the scale there. Also ordered a pack of 100 bubble mailers.

That I regret a bit as it's just too many. I've used maybe 15-20 since ordering them, and regret it as I'll be moving to a new condo with very little closet space at the end of the month and will have a hard time finding a spot for them. Wish I'd stuck with buying the 25 packs at Staples for $20.

I expected to use a lot when Goozex added movie trading, but that ended up being useless. Everyone wanted to do the same thing I did--ditch DVDs for Blu Rays. So most DVDs I could never move and I got matched up for very few blu rays. So I just ended up donating 50-60 DVDs to Goodwill.

Point being, I'd stay away from buying the 100 packs unless you 1) know you'll use them; and/or 2) have plenty of room to store them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to reconsidering using that site. If the person receives the game and decides they don't want to lose x amount of point they can just file negative feedback. Not trying to wine about it, just giving you a friendly heads up.

I've had nothing but good experiences with over 40 (36 of them as the sender) trades on Goozex. Paypal (or PO) 1st class always seems to come to $1.75 - $2.30m depending on destination. Always way cheaper than the Goozex option.

Like the service a lot, though. Highly recommend. Most people on there are perfectly legit and avid gamers like us. Not that db's don't exist there to scam someone, but they do everywhere (and you can always contest negative feedback, just like on eBay).

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']You may want to reconsidering using that site. If the person receives the game and decides they don't want to lose x amount of point they can just file negative feedback. Not trying to wine about it, just giving you a friendly heads up.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a single negative experience with the site. I've sent out 60 games/movies total and gotten positive feedback on every single one, and every game and movie I've received has been in very good condition.

There's always some risk with any trading site, but Goozex seems to have very little given that most post that they've had no problems--with the most common gripe being after free point deals etc. you have people sign up, request a game and not leave feedback and thus make you wait 14 days for the system to close it out and automatically give you feedback.

And that's moot after a few trades as you start getting your points as soon as you confirm shipping rather than after getting positive feedback--and it's especially moot once you have your max number of slots available.

Anyway, I love the site, super easy way to ditch games with minimal effort on my part. I get better trade in values that Gamestop most of the time, and don't have to hassle with E-bay, or trying to trade on forums like this one which requires active communication and IMO greater risk etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I've never had a single negative experience with the site. I've sent out 60 games/movies total and gotten positive feedback on every single one, and every game and movie I've received has been in very good condition.

There's always some risk with any trading site, but Goozex seems to have very little given that most post that they've had no problems--with the most common gripe being after free point deals etc. you have people sign up, request a game and not leave feedback and thus make you wait 14 days for the system to close it out and automatically give you feedback.

And that's moot after a few trades as you start getting your points as soon as you confirm shipping rather than after getting positive feedback--and it's especially moot once you have your max number of slots available.

Anyway, I love the site, super easy way to ditch games with minimal effort on my part. I get better trade in values that Gamestop most of the time, and don't have to hassle with E-bay, or trying to trade on forums like this one which requires active communication and IMO greater risk etc.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I guess you got pretty fortunate. For me it's kinda backwards. I use Ebay all the time and the one back experience was fixed by Paypal. I also trade on here a few times and haven't had an issue.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']You may want to reconsidering using that site. If the person receives the game and decides they don't want to lose x amount of point they can just file negative feedback. Not trying to wine about it, just giving you a friendly heads up.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you get delivery confirmation? I would be surprised if goozex did not side with you or at least give everyone their points back if you can prove it was delivered.

Also, I have had well over 150 trades come in and over 150 go out and have never been scammed or had any problems.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Yea, I guess you got pretty fortunate. For me it's kinda backwards. I use Ebay all the time and the one back experience was fixed by Paypal. I also trade on here a few times and haven't had an issue.[/QUOTE]

Point is the risk is anywhere. Goozex is no differnet than e-bay or here.

And from all I've read on their forums, if you get Delivery Confirmation and send that to Goozex, they'll remove the negative feedback and you keep the points.

For me, Goozex is the only one I'll use as I don't have the time or interest to use a site like CAG or Ebay where I have to put effort in to listing, communicating with the buyer or people offering trades etc.

Ebay is probably the way to go if people want to get max value out of there stuff though. For me convenience is key as I don't really need the trade credits etc. since I could easily afford to buy the handful of games I play each year. So if there wasn't an automated systems like goozex to trade games, I'd probably just have them lay around and eventually donate them to Goodwill or somewhere else.

bread's done
Back