Goozex Trading Question

Myv

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm a first time user at Goozex, I got a few questions,
1. Trading token is only for requests not trade offers right?
2. Usually how long would requests take for a popular game?
3. When you ship your item to the matched user, what's the best/inexpensive way to ship with confirmation?

1. Yeah tokens are only used when you get one of your requested games.
2. Can't answer since I haven't gotten one yet...
3. I ship lettermail for 2 US stamps ($2ish) to Canada in a bubble envelope, to US will cost $2.23 or $4.xx. I follow magiic's guide

[quote name='Icetron']1. Yeah tokens are only used when you get one of your requested games.
2. Can't answer since I haven't gotten one yet...
3. I ship lettermail for 2 US stamps ($2ish) to Canada in a bubble envelope, to US will cost $2.23 or $4.xx. I follow magiic's guide[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the link :)

Welcome to Goozex! It's a great service, I'll be using it for years to come. In terms of request time, it really depends on the game type more than anything. Shorter games with little to no replay value (God of War III, Bayonetta, Assassin's Creed II, etc.) don't take too long, usually a month or two, but sometimes you can get quite lucky.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Welcome to Goozex! It's a great service, I'll be using it for years to come. In terms of request time, it really depends on the game type more than anything. Shorter games with little to no replay value (God of War III, Bayonetta, Assassin's Creed II, etc.) don't take too long, usually a month or two, but sometimes you can get quite lucky.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that sounds pretty good to me, still got back logged games to finish anyways. Have you tried using the Paypal Canada Post Create Your Own Shipping Label before?

[quote name='Icetron']^ I use it all the time, haven't had any problems with that at all. I ship everything with it. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I just tried putting info in for a quote @ paypal, and delivering to the address which is within my region too using their CanadaPost, I got a quote of $6+ did I do something wrong? Package about 7oz envelope.

Popular games depend on when you get in the queue. New releases are available for trading midnight central time on release date (i.e. usually 12:01am Tuesday). If you can get in right at that time, it will be a couple of weeks at most. If you get in the next morning (like me, who can't stay up that late on a weekday) then it will be oh, at least 2 months or so for a popular game. Coincidently, their servers get REAL bogged down at 12:01am on Tuesdays.

[quote name='Myv']Hmm, I just tried putting info in for a quote @ paypal, and delivering to the address which is within my region too using their CanadaPost, I got a quote of $6+ did I do something wrong? Package about 7oz envelope.[/QUOTE]

If it's over 2cm wide then it's automatically a parcel which is why it's quoting you so much. I also don't think I was ever able to mail out a game using PayPal within Canada which is why I always just buy stamps and mail it that way. It takes about 6-10 days from experience.

[quote name='TripleQ']Popular games depend on when you get in the queue. New releases are available for trading midnight central time on release date (i.e. usually 12:01am Tuesday). If you can get in right at that time, it will be a couple of weeks at most. If you get in the next morning (like me, who can't stay up that late on a weekday) then it will be oh, at least 2 months or so for a popular game. Coincidently, their servers get REAL bogged down at 12:01am on Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]

That's a great tip, thanks!

[quote name='Icetron']If it's over 2cm wide then it's automatically a parcel which is why it's quoting you so much. I also don't think I was ever able to mail out a game using PayPal within Canada which is why I always just buy stamps and mail it that way. It takes about 6-10 days from experience.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I'll do just that, I'll probably just head to staples tomorrow, buy a 12-pack bubbler and put the game in and head to CanadaPost service to get it stamped + mailed so I'll get a receipt for my first trade in case of anything. It doesn't feel safe to print out Goozex's labels and putting them on the envelops in case some nut at the post office specifically jack parcels like these :( wasn't there some news about that recently -__-

Thanks for all the help guys :)

[quote name='Myv']That's a great tip, thanks!

Gotcha, I'll do just that, I'll probably just head to staples tomorrow, buy a 12-pack bubbler and put the game in and head to CanadaPost service to get it stamped + mailed so I'll get a receipt for my first trade in case of anything. It doesn't feel safe to print out Goozex's labels and putting them on the envelops in case some nut at the post office specifically jack parcels like these :( wasn't there some news about that recently -__-

Thanks for all the help guys :)[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind some PO employees are a stickler about whether or not the bubble envelope slides through the mail slot (the "2cm" rule). I've had people say I have to ship as a parcel so what I do when I ship within Canada is: reuse any bubblemailers i have from online shopping and put the game in -> buy 2 US stamps (if it weighs 100g or less, if it's more you need to use 3 stamps) -> put it in the big mailbox at the post office or jam it through the slot myself (depending on the PO). If you're worried about shipping confirmation and such I recommend you just take a photo of the envelope and send it to the person receiving the game or something.

I hope that wasn't confusing.

[quote name='Icetron']Just keep in mind some PO employees are a stickler about whether or not the bubble envelope slides through the mail slot (the "2cm" rule). I've had people say I have to ship as a parcel so what I do when I ship within Canada is: reuse any bubblemailers i have from online shopping and put the game in -> buy 2 US stamps (if it weighs 100g or less, if it's more you need to use 3 stamps) -> put it in the big mailbox at the post office or jam it through the slot myself (depending on the PO). If you're worried about shipping confirmation and such I recommend you just take a photo of the envelope and send it to the person receiving the game or something.

I hope that wasn't confusing.[/QUOTE]

Not at all confusing, good tips again thanks! I guess doing it myself is the safest bet to save a few. I'm planning on getting these, should fit a single PS3 game nicely. If I end up using Goozex a lot I'll probably just end up buying a lot from ebay for cheap, and save the incomings as long as they are in good condition. :bouncy:

Just sent a package to my first trader! $2.10 for postage, and bought the bubble mailer from staples! Indeed the PO employee do the "2cm" rule check with a tool they have where they just slide it through, it was fast though in and out in 3 minutes.

bread's done
Back