Goozexers: Do you trade to US?

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am considering turning on regional trades only on Goozex. I am sick of the almost $5 in shipping per game.

I hate to turn on regional, as I think that limits who I can recieve from. Too bad that you couldn't set them individually.

Do you guys still send to the US?

~S

I could be crazy, but every time I've shipped to Canada from Canada it actually seems more expensive then when I ship to the US. I think I pay about $5 for US shipping and about $7 for Canadian Shipping. I could be crazy though.... has anyone else had a similar experience?

It is only about 2.25 to send in canada, when I do it. I just send ground.

There was a time that is was cheaper to send to US, before they jacked the us light packet price about 2~3 years ago.
~S

Shipping within Canada for a game is $1.92 + tax to anywhere in Canada via Lettermail just put two .96 cent stamps on it. I don't think I could trade on goozex and not accept stuff from the states because out of my games on goozex I have recieved I would have to say 90% comes from the USA

You do realize gamer602 is going to pitch a fit when he sees this thread right? lol

[quote name='magiic']Shipping within Canada for a game is $1.92 + tax to anywhere in Canada via Lettermail just put two .96 cent stamps on it. I don't think I could trade on goozex and not accept stuff from the states because out of my games on goozex I have recieved I would have to say 90% comes from the USA

You do realize gamer602 is going to pitch a fit when he sees this thread right? lol[/quote]

HOT DEAL! :hot:

[quote name='magiic']Shipping within Canada for a game is $1.92 + tax to anywhere in Canada via Lettermail just put two .96 cent stamps on it. I don't think I could trade on goozex and not accept stuff from the states because out of my games on goozex I have recieved I would have to say 90% comes from the USA

You do realize gamer602 is going to pitch a fit when he sees this thread right? lol[/quote]

WTF. Is that DVD Cases in a bubble mailer? Every time I take games to the post office it is around $7. Sometimes it is almost the same price to get ExpressPost.

[quote name='Jest']WTF. Is that DVD Cases in a bubble mailer? Every time I take games to the post office it is around $7. Sometimes it is almost the same price to get ExpressPost.[/quote]

yep dvd case in bubble mailer. The trick is don't go to the PO. They force you to send it the expensive way because that's more money in CP's pocket. You can also send two games in a bubble mailer side by side with three .96 stamps.

My post office always gives me the $1.96 price.

A new trick for packing which I just discovered:
Use the small manilla envelopes (slightly bigger than DVD), and cut two DVD size pieces of a cardboard box, and put the game between them, then insert in envelope. Protects as good as bubble mailer, and cheaper. Actually my $1 store sells them like this already (they call them photo mailers), for 12 for $3. A bubble mailer is close to a $1.

It sucks that the venture one card does nothing to help out on this.

~S

I've had US as one of my trading regions since I've signed up, but I end up trading games within Canada a lot more than in the US.

[quote name='magiic']yep dvd case in bubble mailer. The trick is don't go to the PO. They force you to send it the expensive way because that's more money in CP's pocket. You can also send two games in a bubble mailer side by side with three .96 stamps.[/quote]

Sweet! I have often wondered if that would work. I'm going to try this with my next trade.

Having choice between send recieve region would be a bad idea. The majority of americans that ship to Canada would just stop shipping to Canada and only recieve from Canada and ship within the USA. It would kill the system just because everyone would simply start recieving from both countries and only sending to their own. This is simply because Im sure over 90% of the goozex users are USA based.

Have you guys had good experiences with this site? I used to be a member of a similar DVD trading site, but it turned out almost useless so I'm hesitant to jump into something like this again.

GameDeals.ca I realize I shouldn't be here cuz I'm an American :) But I trade with a lot of people on Goozex, including my friends up North (like Magiic) and I must say the website is BY FAR the best trading site online. It didn't win the Cheapy award for nothing after all :)

Trust me, if you join you won't regret it for a second ^_^ My collection of games has literally tripled since I joined =P and so has my credit card debt (coincidence?)

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']Have you guys had good experiences with this site? I used to be a member of a similar DVD trading site, but it turned out almost useless so I'm hesitant to jump into something like this again.[/quote]
From my experience it's been almost useless. I signed up back when they gave out 100 points for free, and it took 3 months to get a match to get a free game. I also listed up 20-30 oddball older games, and I've yet to move 1 (it's been at least 6 months now).

These results may not be typical, certainly if you're trading new games things will move faster. But even then afaik it's still a huge time investment. I had a friend signup when I did, it took him a month to get a match to trade in Bioshock (which he declined at that point).

Considering you're running a store with rotating stock I doubt it'd be worth the time investment. Cause by the time you get a hit there you'll have likely sold the game :roll:

I've only been a member for a month, and only with Canadian trades enabled. So far I've sent out 4 games (the latest to magiic) and gotten 3, with 4 more coming. I had no trouble offing my stuff at first, but now I'm stuck with a few titles I know would go in the US, so I think I'll turn it on.

Yeah, $1.92 shipping in Canada is where it's at. Usually takes about a week. Just specify Lettermail. Oh and go buy yourself a box of envelopes too.

bread's done
Back