Got a 200gig hard drive for $99 at Office Depot - Good deal?

Archaic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Saw it online at their site, but they'll match it in the store. It has standard specs (7200, internal, etc.) Is this a good deal?

I bought my 200 Gig HD from outpost.com for $70+S&H. Maxtor ATA133, 7200RPM. I wish it were SATA, but it's good nonetheless.

Not so hot right now. Two months ago I bought a 250 gig Western Digital from Circuit City for $75.

It's an average price, nothing to feel bad about, nothing to feel great about. The most important part is that you feel that it's a good price for what you needed. I got a 160Gb SATA from outpost about a month ago for $60. Deals can be found but overall I don't think its bad.

50 cents a gig is pretty much a standard price now for a lot of ppl. There were a few deals where you can get it down to 25 cents a gig and even lower (after PM/AR/AC etc). I got my Seagate 160GB 7200.7 for $40 after $50 rebate just last week. A quarter a gig is when I buy my HDs nowadays. But having 200GB extra space is all that matters :)

While we are on the subject, does anybody have some good deals for soething smaller like an 80-100GB drive? I don't want to spend anymore than $50, but could use the space for when I get my Tv Tuner card.

That's a good deal, its 25 cents per gigabyte, but only if you can stand the $90 rebate though. You're going to have to pay $130 + tax out the door. Got a Fry's near you?

frysadhd.gif

Price good till tomorrow (8/16)

Sadly, I don't know of a Fry's near here. I think I'm going to head to CompUSA and pick up that 120GB. The rebate shouldn't be a problem at all.

If all you do is just web surfing, words, excel, email, chat, mp3, movies, then I would think that combo is decent enough. Keep in mind that the motherboard Fry's usually give you for these kinds of low priced combos are by ECS. They're pretty much the bottom of the motherboard chain, I mean, you may have difficulties finding an ECS motherboard that isn't returned. They're not easy to work with either, they tend to use the traditional 'jumper' settings for a few options. But if you're moderately knowledgable in building computers, you shouldn't have too big of a problem.

good grief less than a 100 bucks for a 1g stick of 3200 speed ram !?!?!?! :O man oh man

second...been thinking of adding another drive to my system...right now i have a 60 gig, 80 gig and a 200 gig. I can't add another internal ATA drive without adding a support card because the dvd burner is taking the last spot.. I do have SATA ports avaible. what is the diffrence between the SATA and ATA other then connectors? Its a bit more pricey then a normal IDE drive but is it worth it?

Well, SATA is basically just an alternative to ATA, it has a faster specification, so the transfer rate is faster, but most likely you won't be able to notice the difference in real time for now w/ these early generation of SATA HDs. It's good if your ATA is filled up and you want more internal HDs, then SATA will be your best friend. Pretty much SATA's main difference is the connectors, also for SATA you don't have to mess w/ jumpers, link more HDs per SATA channel, and they're special bus that put out dedicated data to each serial port, so having 3 drives on the same SATA port would not slow down transfer rate unlike the regular ATA.

bread's done
Back