Got a couple saturn imports

erehwon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I was checking out Half Price Books last week and picked up two saturn imports. I found Vampire Savior and Samurai Spirits best collection. VS is missing the art for the back of the CD case and Samurai Spirits is appears to be missing a disk. Did it come with 2? The nice part was that since it appeared to be missing the disk, the cashier just gave it to me.:)

Are these games any good? I haven't done much research into Japanese imports. I just grabbed them since I hardly ever find any saturn stuff.

The only way I could play them is to use the st-key I found at a garage sale. I've heard those aren't very good for the system, so I might want to track down an action replay unit.

I wish my HPB had Saturn games... Or any games, really. Anyways, in regards to your questions, yes, they're both good fighting games (beyond "good" is a matter of opinion, but they weren't bad at their time), and yes, there should've been another disk. SS3 and SS4 come in that, which is a collection. Did they have any other games for the Saturn? It'd be nice to get a few more imports ;)

I don't remember if Vampire Savior required the 4MB cart or not, but the ST-Key might not be enough.

[quote name='erehwon']I was checking out Half Price Books last week and picked up two saturn imports. I found Vampire Savior and Samurai Spirits best collection. VS is missing the art for the back of the CD case and Samurai Spirits is appears to be missing a disk. Did it come with 2? The nice part was that since it appeared to be missing the disk, the cashier just gave it to me.:)

Are these games any good? I haven't done much research into Japanese imports. I just grabbed them since I hardly ever find any saturn stuff.

The only way I could play them is to use the st-key I found at a garage sale. I've heard those aren't very good for the system, so I might want to track down an action replay unit.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Vampire Savior requires the 4MB cart, but an Action Replay 4M / 3-in-1 should work fine.

Banky's right, Vampire Savior requires a 4MB cart, in fact it sounds like your copy originally came with a cart. Many of the 4MB bundles didn't have back inserts, so in that sense it's not really incomplete. They're good games in their own right but other collections and releases make them less sought after.

[quote name='jousley']Both of those games are really great fighters. How much did you pay? Nice find[/QUOTE]
I paid $6 for vampire saviors. The lady gave me the other one since it was missing a disk. I was really surprised by that.

bread's done
Back