Got a great deal on 120gb HDD for 360

greyzieoriental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
Well...I dont like bragging but there's a first for everything.
I woke up this morning and checked out craigslist. Someone was selling a 120gb HDD for Xbox 360 for $60. Sent him an email, came with no transfer kit but that's ok.
He brought it over and I tested it in my xbox and formatted the HDD. Now I have 104gb free space and dont know what to do with it.
The worst part was transfering the files, took about 2-3 hours(I used a 256MB memory unit)
But I saved $30 what they seem to be going for on ebay.

What a great deal, Now I need to sell my 20gb HDD.

Also some games are copy protected. DOA4 was one of them, and it seems like everything that was originally shipped on you HDD cant be copied as well

Good going on that deal, I for one can't stand using Craigslist (seems too shady...no contact info at times). Never heard about the copy protection on certain 360 games, I bet that's gotta suck though - not as bad as you did get the drive for le$$. :cool:

[quote name='Foo228']Good going on that deal, I for one can't stand using Craigslist (seems too shady...no contact info at times). Never heard about the copy protection on certain 360 games, I bet that's gotta suck though - not as bad as you did get the drive for le$$. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Trust me I know how shady craigslist is, always have to worry about being robbed, or we always have to meet in a public place, and products have to be tested, but some great deals can be found on it if you are willing to take the chance, something like this i definitely will not take someones word that it works.

I also sold my metal gear PS3 80gb bundle on craigslist for $650, had to check if the money was all real too and meet in a public place, and i kept my wal-mart gift card. Made an extra $110 and a $100 gidt card and purchased me a 32" vizio plasma for $377 after profit and GC

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Well...I dont like bragging but there's a first for everything.
I woke up this morning and checked out craigslist. Someone was selling a 120gb HDD for Xbox 360 for $60. Sent him an email, came with no transfer kit but that's ok.
He brought it over and I tested it in my xbox and formatted the HDD. Now I have 104gb free space and dont know what to do with it.
The worst part was transfering the files, took about 2-3 hours(I used a 256MB memory unit)
But I saved $30 what they seem to be going for on ebay.

What a great deal, Now I need to sell my 20gb HDD.

Also some games are copy protected. DOA4 was one of them, and it seems like everything that was originally shipped on you HDD cant be copied as well[/QUOTE]

Dont get rid of your 20GB yet!
Call 1-800-4-MYXBOX and they'll send you a transfer kit within a week for free! It'll transfer EVERYTHING to your new HDD. Plus you can sell the kit for a decent price once you're done with it.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Dont get rid of your 20GB yet!
Call 1-800-4-MYXBOX and they'll send you a transfer kit within a week for free! It'll transfer EVERYTHING to your new HDD. Plus you can sell the kit for a decent price once you're done with it.[/QUOTE]

so give them a call?
only thing i see on their website is the form you fill out when you get an elite

what would I say Nobi? just tell them i purchased a 120gb and need a transfer cable?

When I bought my 120GB drive, the transfer cable and boot CD migrated everything on the drive. The transfer kit copies everything from the 20GB to the 120GB and then formats the 20GB when it completes the copy.

They're only supposed to send you a transfer kit if you bought an Elite, though they might send you the transfer kit for the 120GB drive. As it's included in a retail box, you might have to lie a little and tell them that your included cable and CD were defective.

allright thanks shrike

i'm wondering if i tell them if its defective will they have to have me fax in a proof of purchase and the UPC of the product (like SONY) but hopefully not since they dont need a POP for a 360 when you get it serviced, i'll let you know how it goes later when i give them a call

Edit:Gave them a call had to make up a bunch of BS but my Data Migration Kit is on the Way, I think I reached the Philippines Xbox Customer support, Thanks guys

I bought the Halo edition 360 and asked if I could get a transfer kit so I could use the "Halo" looking HDD even though it was only 20GB. The transfer didn't work but they still sent it anyway. They'll tell you where to download the paperwork for it and you'll probably need to put the serial number of the 120 HDD and your old 360 in order for them to send it. They're pretty cheap... I doubt they'd care.

bread's done
Back