Got a problem with Paypal/eBay. Please help.

silliemutafuka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just sold a game on eBay, and it's been around 4 days after I got back to him in email saying when I'm sending it. I just sent the item today, but he has alos gave me a complaint on PayPal saying that he doesn't trust me and all. And lately I've been hearing tons of buyers using Paypal can take back the fund they paid through Paypal with ease, and I want to know that if I transfer all the funds from my PP account to my bank account, could he still do the trick on me?

paypal willput your account in negative standing if you have no funds , basically until you bring it back up to 0...seems like in most cases the buyer wins if the seller doesnt have a tracking #, because if you ever run into a situation paypal only ask's you for the tracking info if you dont have it you've pretty much lost from the start :roll: stoopid Paypal! and if u leave your account negative long enough they will dig into your bank for those funds...

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']No, if you sent and have the proof (delivery confirmation) then he can't.[/QUOTE]
That's right - to an extent. If you provide a tracking or DC number, and the buyer has a 'confirmed' address, then you are covered. However, if you shipped to a buyer whose address was 'unconfirmed' then you are screwed even if you provide a tracking number. It is a ridiculous policy, but I know that is how it is because I went through nearly the exact same situation a few months back.
And if the address was not confirmed, then they can easily reach into your account and get the money if they like. The only way to avoid it is to remove your CC and bank account from paypal; however, you won't be able to use your account anymore.

I got screwed out of nearly $300 for this very reason.
For more information about Paypal's BS policies, visit www.paypalsucks.com. There's also a great list of unlisted customer service phone numbers for Paypal on that site - I found those to be particularly helpful.

BTW, this is exactly why I only ship to buyers who have a confirmed address - it isn't foolproof, but it makes things much easier.

Ah shit, I just found out his address is unconfirmed, but I did send it with DC.

I have $0 in my PP account right now, and since his addy is unconfirmed, will he be able to take money out of my account even if my PP account has $0?

I have a high feeling he'll be pulling the money back, dammit. And thanks for all the replies so far.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Ah shit, I just found out his address is unconfirmed, but I did send it with DC.

I have $0 in my PP account right now, and since his addy is unconfirmed, will he be able to take money out of my account even if my PP account has $0?

I have a high feeling he'll be pulling the money back, dammit. And thanks for all the replies so far.[/QUOTE]

Well if he paid using a credit card through paypal it doesn't really matter if you sent to a confirmed address or not. If someone does a credit card chargeback paypal fucks you even if you follow all their rules.:D

Ugh this is starting to piss me off so much, but I would REALLY want to know, that if I have $0 in my Paypal account, will he still be able to do the chargeback? Because I have a very high feeling that he will do a chargeback, if he's still able to do chargeback even if I have $0 in my PP account then I will close my PP account.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out from a great CAG'er that he CAN still get chargeback from me which will lead me to a negative. Therefore I'm going to close my PP account since I'm pretty sure he'll charge me back.

That is beyond rediculous. That means if someone who so inclined they could order something on Ebay, pay for it and then take the money back! How can they allow a scam like that?

What I would suggest to do if he does do that is give him a non-payment strike on Ebay. It's like baseball 3 strikes you're out (banned) So at the very least he won't get away with it clean.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']That is beyond rediculous. That means if someone who so inclined they could order something on Ebay, pay for it and then take the money back! How can they allow a scam like that?

What I would suggest to do if he does do that is give him a non-payment strike on Ebay. It's like baseball 3 strikes you're out (banned) So at the very least he won't get away with it clean.[/QUOTE]

Except when people do this they often use accounts with little or no feedback so they don't lose much. It's a really easy scam and it's happening way to often now on ebay. I'm almost tempted to stop using PP so I don't have to deal with potential problems like this.

Close your checking account and reopen. Than cancel your credit card and reopen. That way if PayPal does try some sort of chrage back they'll get incorrect information. If the buyer has an unconfirmed address you can be damn sure you're going to loose out.

I transfered all my funds today into my bank account, but it'll take 3 days, if I close my checking account and then reopen, my funds that are in the process of transfering will still be transferred, right?

err, I'd call your bank first to make sure. Could be risky.

In fact, I wouldn't do it that way. I'd just wait until the funds clear and then close it. It's not like Paypal is going to pull out the money in the next week. It would be a few weeks at least. That's just what I think though.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I transfered all my funds today into my bank account, but it'll take 3 days, if I close my checking account and then reopen, my funds that are in the process of transfering will still be transferred, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. You'll have to wait for the funds to be in your account. Otherwise the money will get bounced back to your PayPal account.

It won't be a few weeks, they will yank that money the second the guy opens the dispute. If it's in the process of being transferred to your bank account, the will stop the transfer and take the money. Some ass did the exact same thing to me less than a week ago.

Hence the niceness of having a paypal ATM card. You automaticlly get the money, and if someone does a charge cakc, you can suffer your paypal balance being neg till it gets worked out.

~b

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Thanks for the help...I really hope that he won't charge me back before the funds get transferred...god help me. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

just out of curiosity, how much money are we talking about here?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Maybe us Ebay sellers should rebel against Paypal and all ask for money orders only. I'd save us the crappy Paypal fee too.[/QUOTE]

There are problems with that also, people fake MOs. What I've found works very very well is to ask for MOs from the post office, since you can cash them there they can quickly tell you if it's a fake before you ever send the item. Unfortunatley people love how easy Paypal is to use and your auction prices will sometimes be lower than typical and you have to deal with idiots who can't understand why you won't accept paypal.

bread's done
Back