Got a Wii -- and it, or Wii Sports, is defective...

lord_ebonstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Finally got a Wii today from Target. Took it home, powered it on, and it refused to read the Wii Sports disc. It seems to read Zelda OK, though.

Tried to take it back and exchange it for a new one, but they were already out (gone in under two hours from store opening). I guess I get to go through Nintendo support now?

That's a bummer. Tennis is really fun. Good luck with getting a new disc. Kinda doubt Target would've let you exchange the whole shebang if the console itself is fine.

Easy solution--contact Nintendo by phone, and I'm pretty sure they'll have a new disc in the mail to you by next week. Their customer service is the best in the business.

[quote name='Hibiwa']That's a bummer. Tennis is really fun. Good luck with getting a new disc. Kinda doubt Target would've let you exchange the whole shebang if the console itself is fine.[/QUOTE]
They would... they just didn't have any left in stock (or any left in the region). They offered a cash refund, but I figured I was better off talking to Nintendo.

I had the same problem, except Wii Sports read like 1/3 of the time. Nintendo will ship you a replacement overnight once they get copies in stock.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']They would... they just didn't have any left in stock (or any left in the region). They offered a cash refund, but I figured I was better off talking to Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Smart decision. Sports is enjoyable, but it's very very simple. Definitely not worth giving up the Wii for.

[quote name='fdu']I had the same problem, except Wii Sports read like 1/3 of the time. Nintendo will ship you a replacement overnight once they get copies in stock.[/quote]

i'm having the same problem w/ my wii sports.. will only read the disc every so often.. every other game works fine

bread's done
Back