Got my "too good to be true" 360 bundle today....What should I do?

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
My 3rd 360 just got RROD and I have been looking for a cheap replacement. I have been scanning newly listed Ebay auctions and came across a great one this morning. The seller has flawless feedback, but they listed this in a terrible format. Check out everything that is included for $115 shipped and let me know if you think I got a fantastic deal or likely got scammed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...087368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_851wt_1165

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I could find nothing in there that states that the console actually works, so I wouldn't count on getting a good one.

I think I'm in good shape. The lady I bought it from actually lives only about an hour and a half away from me. She said I could come pick it up and test it if I wanted. I'm going to let her ship, but I feel better now. 360 w/ new dual guitar hero WT and 10 games for $115 shipped just sounds too good to be true, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and update when it arrives.

Edit: I E-mailed her back and said I couldn't come pick it up today, and she told me it was like new and she only used it a few times. She said everything was like brand new and that she is partially disabled and really can't use it. With her great communication and 477 rating with 0 negatives, I'm feeling pretty good that I got one of the best deals I've ever got on Ebay. We'll see in a few days though:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it seems too good to be true it probably is!

Got it today and it turned out to be an arcade version with no HD. Granted it did have the HDMI in it though. Also, no Guitar Hero world tour and to top that off, the case for Left for Dead was empty.

Now the 360 works perfect and is in great shape. The other 9 games are all complete and in good shape.

I e-mailed the woman to tell her about the missing stuff and wrong listed 360. She said that the system and games were given to her by her daughter and she just went with the stock listing of 360 and didn't know anything about hard drives or anything. She said she didn't know how the part about guitar hero got in there and that it just said it was compatible with guitar hero (which seems completely wrong if you read it through). Also, she said she gave the package to UPS to package and she checked all the games before she sent it out and thinks that they may have removed Left 4 Dead from the case.

Anyway, I can't tell if it is a load of shit or if she is being genuine. She has a 478 rating with flawless feedback and I can tell from her auctions that she is an older, eccentric lady (check out some of her stuff). She offered to reimburse me some money or I can ship it back.

It's still a good deal, but what should I do and if I decide to keep it, how much should I ask for reimbursement?

Thanks!

[quote name='maccabee72']Well, if it seems too good to be true it probably is!

Got it today and it turned out to be an arcade version with no HD. Granted it did have the HDMI in it though. Also, no Guitar Hero world tour and to top that off, the case for Left for Dead was empty.

Now the 360 works perfect and is in great shape. The other 9 games are all complete and in good shape.

I e-mailed the woman to tell her about the missing stuff and wrong listed 360. She said that the system and games were given to her by her daughter and she just went with the stock listing of 360 and didn't know anything about hard drives or anything. She said she didn't know how the part about guitar hero got in there and that it just said it was compatible with guitar hero (which seems completely wrong if you read it through). Also, she said she gave the package to UPS to package and she checked all the games before she sent it out and thinks that they may have removed Left 4 Dead from the case.

Anyway, I can't tell if it is a load of shit or if she is being genuine. She has a 478 rating with flawless feedback and I can tell from her auctions that she is an older, eccentric lady (check out some of her stuff). She offered to reimburse me some money or I can ship it back.

It's still a good deal, but what should I do and if I decide to keep it, how much should I ask for reimbursement?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well it seems that she does want to help make things right, and if you are okay with it, it doesnt seem like its worth the hassle to really fight to the end for a full refund, especially if the system is working. Just look around on Amazon for about how much it would cost to reimburse you for all that stuff, and then see how much she is willing to reimburse you for it based on your quotes . Normally if the seller was a jerk and says no refund and is unwilling to even work with you, I'd say fight it to the end, but it seems the seller is nice, so up to you to be honest.

Yeah, I already told her that I'd just keep it. It's hard to know who to trust with all the scammers on Fleabay. My skeptical side immediately wanted a refund, but after consideration, I think she's being honest with me. With her great feedback, prompt communication, and history of not selling anything even remotely similar to this, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt

[quote name='rlee17']looking to sell that rrod 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I think I already have a buyer. I'll let you know if it falls through.

[quote name='gcash81001']the ebay listing states its a pal system[/QUOTE]

It's definitely NTSC. The lady is actually super nice and I now know that it truly was a mistake from someone who really knew nothing about the bundle. I had written her back to tell her that I'd keep it and asked if she could look for the Left 4 Dead disc and send it if she found it. Well, she ended up just ordering me another copy from Amazon (a used one I think) and is going to send it to me as soon as it arrives. She felt really bad about the whole thing.

Make sure that the feedback reflects the experience. Just because she was confused does not mean that it was listed correctly, and other people should be aware of what happened.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Make sure that the feedback reflects the experience. Just because she was confused does not mean that it was listed correctly, and other people should be aware of what happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's right. Don't let this go unpunished. Drive out there and kick her walker out from under her while you're at it.

[quote name='Throat']Yeah, he's right. Don't let this go unpunished. Drive out there and kick her walker out from under her while you're at it.[/QUOTE]

I like your style

bread's done
Back