Got screwed out of my Borderlands Gamestop Preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
I reserved the game a while back in hopes of getting the pre order bonus that Gamestop advertised. I go to pick up the game today and there are no cards or anything for the preorder items. The girl tells me that the card is inside of the case, so I open it up and it is not there. I stopped at a different store to ask if they had any physical cards but they said it was in the box, but since I had already opened mine I could not exchange it for another.

Either way, I have had this game reserved and I wanted my extra guns, and now I do not have them. Is there anyway that anyone has any extra or one they will not use?

Regardless I have posted on Gearbox's forums and apparently this is a common issue, of which it seems like nothing will be done.

But yeah I am not begging and I do not know what I could trade for it, but if you have one that is not being used, or know a way that I could get one, I would be very grateful.

No its a separate card that was supposed to be placed in the game. Apparently the ones with the codes had a small sticker on the box. Thank you for assuming I am unable to see a code within the booklet though!

Why even post if you have nothing of use to say, or for that matter, nothing of truth?

The weapons are exclusive only to the pre-order from Gamestop, maybe know what you are talking about before you make a useless post.

[quote name='georox']The guns are still in the game, you just don't start with them now. So it's a bit harder.. get over it.[/QUOTE]

He preordered, was promised something, paid his money, and didn't get it. "Get over it" is simply uncalled for.

Pre-order bonuses are ALWAYS "while supplies last" so if you dont get one you are screwed. there is a thread like this about Gamestop for just about EVERY pre-order bonus. Its getting old.

[quote name='mkelehan']He preordered, was promised something, paid his money, and didn't get it. "Get over it" is simply uncalled for.[/QUOTE]

You were promised something by gamestop and then surprised when you didn't get it? Seriously? As stated, there is one (or, quite often, many more than one) of these FOR EVERY SINGLE MOTHERfuckING gamestop preorder. You are an idiot for giving them your money. You got what you deserved simply for believing anything that spews from their foul mouths and for leaving the store with an opened copy with no preorder bonus. I mean fuck, for once they told the truth. She TOLD you it was supposed to be in the case. Why did you open it, find it wasn't there, and leave the store with an opened, no-code having, copy? This is gametop we are talking about. What, exactly, did you expect the outcome of this to be? And besides, for the (very few) people who this legitimately happens to, what are you begging on a board instead of bitching to every level of gamestop possible. Go back to the store you preordered it from and get your damn code or your money. If they refuse, tell them fine, I'll just keep the game and dispute the charge. I find that usually works quite well. If you didn't pay with a card, well... you're kind of just asking for it...

It sucks that you were screwed out of it. Seriously.

Maybe you should go to another GS and say your copy was defective get another copy (with the code) my GS had plenty of them that were non-preorders since they were on the shelf and had that awful printing of an exclusive (not a sticker) on the cover.

Sure its dishonest and don't know how legal that would be but its an option.

Make sure that your game was labeled as having the special preorder bonus. There should be a little yellow circle on the lower left hand corner of the game advertising the special mercenaries pack.

Their second shipment likely did not contain the bonus item; they may have given you a second shipment game by mistake.

Contact the store manager. Explain the situation and that you're upset and be reasonable about it. I'm sure that they'd be more than willing to help you out.

I hope this helps.

[quote name='mietha']You were promised something by gamestop and then surprised when you didn't get it? Seriously? As stated, there is one (or, quite often, many more than one) of these FOR EVERY SINGLE MOTHERfuckING gamestop preorder. You are an idiot for giving them your money. You got what you deserved simply for believing anything that spews from their foul mouths and for leaving the store with an opened copy with no preorder bonus. I mean fuck, for once they told the truth. She TOLD you it was supposed to be in the case. Why did you open it, find it wasn't there, and leave the store with an opened, no-code having, copy? This is gametop we are talking about. What, exactly, did you expect the outcome of this to be? And besides, for the (very few) people who this legitimately happens to, what are you begging on a board instead of bitching to every level of gamestop possible. Go back to the store you preordered it from and get your damn code or your money. If they refuse, tell them fine, I'll just keep the game and dispute the charge. I find that usually works quite well. If you didn't pay with a card, well... you're kind of just asking for it...[/QUOTE]

Isn't that fraud? You bought the game your keeping the game you just didn't get the bonus? So if you go eat a sandwich but didn't like it do you dispute the charges?

Also, did a Gamestop employee punch your kitten or call you a bad name? You had a lot of hate about gamestop in that post.

What exactly would the dispute be anyway, other than flat out lying, and saying you didn't buy the game? First off, that stuff is never guaranteed. Second, it's just stupid gun skins anyway. I'm going to go ahead an second "get over it".

[quote name='mietha']You were promised something by gamestop and then surprised when you didn't get it? Seriously? As stated, there is one (or, quite often, many more than one) of these FOR EVERY SINGLE MOTHERfuckING gamestop preorder. You are an idiot for giving them your money. You got what you deserved[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 from Gamestop for the Juggernaut bonus. I received that bonus with no problem. For every person that gets screwed out of their bonus, there are plenty who do get it, in my case something that isn't available otherwise. Whatever your reasons for despising Gamestop so much, calling the OP an idiot for hoping to get the pre-order bonus is completely uncalled for, and makes you look like a dick.

OP: I would contact a manager at the store and see if there's anything he can do to help. I wouldn't get my hopes up, especially if it's something inside the box, but it can't hurt to try.

[quote name='mietha']You were promised something by gamestop and then surprised when you didn't get it? Seriously? As stated, there is one (or, quite often, many more than one) of these FOR EVERY SINGLE MOTHERfuckING gamestop preorder. You are an idiot for giving them your money. You got what you deserved simply for believing anything that spews from their foul mouths and for leaving the store with an opened copy with no preorder bonus. I mean fuck, for once they told the truth. She TOLD you it was supposed to be in the case. Why did you open it, find it wasn't there, and leave the store with an opened, no-code having, copy? This is gametop we are talking about. What, exactly, did you expect the outcome of this to be? And besides, for the (very few) people who this legitimately happens to, what are you begging on a board instead of bitching to every level of gamestop possible. Go back to the store you preordered it from and get your damn code or your money. If they refuse, tell them fine, I'll just keep the game and dispute the charge. I find that usually works quite well. If you didn't pay with a card, well... you're kind of just asking for it...[/QUOTE]

while i basically agree with you, you dont have to be a nasty about it. It sucks to see these boards go from the community they used to be into their current state of a bunch people looking to rip into someone every chance they can.

call gamestop corporate and file a complaint. the store level employee won't do as much for you as the corporate level employee.

more than likely anyone who did get the preorder bonus has used it or sold it in one form or another. I've missed out on preorder bonuses, but really the only time I would have been piss'd if I didnt get my preorder bonus would be with MUA2 and the Juggs code...since it's actually something that effects gameplay and not just a skin or getting some better quality wpns earlier in the.

If you're having problems with GS preorder bonuses, it might be better to order it online way in advance and not do store pick up since bonus swag tends to mysteriously disappear. Then if you still get shafted, you have a much stronger case to call GS corporate about it since it came straight from their warehouse and not a limited supply store.

Hey OP,
In another post I made, I posted the executive information for the managing board of directors including the CEO, CFO, etc... I would advise reading that post on how to compose a direct letter to the board of directors. You may be able to get some other CAGsters to email the board with the same complaint.

Additionally, you can always vote with your wallet. If consumers would rally and stop shopping at Gamestop, Gamestop would eventually need to review their business practices and reconfigure their business strategy.

I wish you the best of luck.

Can we please stop making these "I got screwed out of _______" beg/trade threads? Yes, it sucks, but cluttering up the forums asking for something or offering to trade is ridiculous. Go bitch about it in one of the several Gamestop Sucks/Screwed me threads (or whatever it's called) and put it in your tradelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back