Got the $10 BF from Origin - Whats the best Gaming Video Card for $50?

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!
I been using the same video card{good ol' VisionTek hd 3870 OverClocked Edition 512mb} for the last 2 years+, and its time to upgrade, especially now since I got BF3 from Origin for $10 yesterday.
I've been looking a lot online and I had my scopes locked on the ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 PCI Express that was on sale for $49 with free shipping from one online store beginning of this year, but decided to wait until the price will drop for the same card or maybe a better card will hit the same price point, however I cant seem to find deal for a good/better video card on the same price point{$50|}.
I would be using it for regular gaming but not hard-core, I wanna be able to run the settings at High settings on BF3{not necessarily Ultra High, but at least high}.
Any suggestions for a card at that price point or close to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Video-Gamer']Not thanks.[/QUOTE]

A 4850 can easily run BF3, not to mention it would perform better than the 5670 you mentioned.

This should help you out a lot.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-8.html

You want a 5770 at least from the AMD/ATI side of cards. or 285 or better for Nvidia.

Also saying you want to use it for regulasr gaming but when to run BF3 on high at playable frame rates in 720 or 1080 or higher, well. With Bf3 on High that's not "regular gaming" BF3 was designed to push limits like Crysis did but not nearly as much. so save your money and buy a card at like 200-250 dollars. because then you'll get a card that will last at least 4 years, likely more. also the fact you've been using a 3870 for only the last 2 years. you should of never of bought it and just saved money for a 560 ti or something.

[quote name='Fire2box']This should help you out a lot.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-8.html

You want a 5770 at least from the AMD/ATI side of cards. or 285 or better for Nvidia.

Also saying you want to use it for regulasr gaming but when to run BF3 on high at playable frame rates in 720 or 1080 or higher, well. With Bf3 on High that's not "regular gaming" BF3 was designed to push limits like Crysis did but not nearly as much. so save your money and buy a card at like 200-250 dollars. because then you'll get a card that will last at least 4 years, likely more. also the fact you've been using a 3870 for only the last 2 years. you should of never of bought it and just saved money for a 560 ti or something.[/QUOTE]

Im definetly not looking to buy a card for the prices that you mentioned{$200-$250}, I bought the card that I have for either $20 or $40 dollars if Im not mistaken from Cowboom more than 2 years ago and it was a brand new card, so I think it was a good deal since it was retailing at around $80+ back then.
I was looking at the Nvidia Geforce 440 1GB DDR3 which was Brand New from Cowboom a few days ago around $37 shipped and I youtubed some videos and it runs BF3 pretty decently, so I figured at around $50 give or take ill be able to get something better.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Im definetly not looking to buy a card for the prices that you mentioned{$200-$250}, I bought the card that I have for either $20 or $40 dollars if Im not mistaken from Cowboom more than 2 years ago and it was a brand new card, so I think it was a good deal since it was retailing at around $80+ back then.
I was looking at the Nvidia Geforce 440 1GB DDR3 which was Brand New from Cowboom a few days ago around $37 shipped and I youtubed some videos and it runs BF3 pretty decently, so I figured at around $50 give or take ill be able to get something better.[/QUOTE]

If they were using a 440 then they weren't running BF3 on high. More likely low, or medium on a less intense map.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If they were using a 440 then they weren't running BF3 on high. More likely low, or medium on a less intense map.[/QUOTE]

This. I doubt a new 640 could run it on all high over720

I dont think any one will be able to help here, I either get replies saying that what I got is cheap, or I should get a $200+ video card, or the card that I gave as an example{440} which was $36 dollars cant run BF on high{Obviously which is why I didnt buy it even though it was at least $30 cheaper than any other place}, thanks but no thanks.
I'll do my own research.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I dont think any one will be able to help here, I either get replies saying that what I got is cheap, or I should get a $200+ video card, or the card that I gave as an example{440} which was $36 dollars cant run BF on high{Obviously which is why I didnt buy it even though it was at least $30 cheaper than any other place}, thanks but no thanks.
I'll do my own research.[/QUOTE]

Newegg once had an ATI Radeon HD 4850 on sale for $20 AR. You should have upgraded your card then.

No $20 card will let you run BF3 on high at 1920 x 1080 maybe 1024 x 768 though.

Are you using a monitor with a native resolution of 1024 x 768?

You can do all the research you want. A $50 video card will not be running BF3 on high settings. Good luck though.

[quote name='dubleo']Newegg once had an ATI Radeon HD 4850 on sale for $20 AR. You should have upgraded your card then.

No $20 card will let you run BF3 on high at 1920 x 1080 maybe 1024 x 768 though.

Are you using a monitor with a native resolution of 1024 x 768?[/QUOTE]

How can a 4850 ATI card can run even battlefield on 720 settings? That card is an old fart.
As far as a monitor - Im using a crappy envision monitor that I took from my step dad since I gave my 720P samsung monitor to my brother. I need to upgrade the monitor as well. Looking for one of those Staples deals to come back for a FULL HD L.E.D Monitor for around $80 shipped.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']How can a 4850 ATI card can run even battlefield on 720 settings? That card is an old fart.
As far as a monitor - Im using a crappy envision monitor that I took from my step dad since I gave my 720P samsung monitor to my brother. I need to upgrade the monitor as well. Looking for one of those Staples deals to come back for a FULL HD L.E.D Monitor for around $80 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Yea you need to go do some research, since its apparent you have done absolutely none.
http://www.hwcompare.com/126/radeon-hd-4850-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-5670/

at minimum you're probably looking at a 5770 if you want to run it on high. You need to get over trying to run it on high for 50 bucks, all you're gonna get is low settings.
Geez, whats with people and cheap video cards lately. once you tell them that they can't run ultra with a cheap ass budget, they get all pissy. There is a reason there exist a mid range market (150-200) and ultra market (300+). If everyone could run games on high for 50 bucks, those markets probably wont exist.

[quote name='SEH']You can do all the research you want. A $50 video card will not be running BF3 on high settings. Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

Second. Its liked saying want a Ferrari for 5,000 that can hit 200 mph. Yeah, it can happen, if its a totaled 355 that fell out of a cargo plane.

And give him a break, he never said he wanted to run it on high AND have it be playable.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I dont think any one will be able to help here, I either get replies saying that what I got is cheap, or I should get a $200+ video card, or the card that I gave as an example{440} which was $36 dollars cant run BF on high{Obviously which is why I didnt buy it even though it was at least $30 cheaper than any other place}, thanks but no thanks.

your saying no one can help but people are suggesting viable options. if you but the cheapest cards on the market you'll be constantly upgrading and getting frustrated trying to run the latest games before then the consoles can.

what you want is impossible, your better off entering every contest for a 560 ti, 7850 or better and pray to god you win one.

I suppose he could get a decent card of off like Craig's list or something. I sure as hell wouldnt trust a card bought from there, but it's your only hope really.

[quote name='6er']Second. Its liked saying want a Ferrari for 5,000 that can hit 200 mph. Yeah, it can happen, if its a totaled 355 that fell out of a cargo plane.[/QUOTE]I think a better analogy would be a 350 pound dude posts on a forum saying he's looking for tips to lose 50 pounds to be a little healthier, but 10 assholes jump on him calling him an idiot, because they think he needs to be the ideal weight, and lose 150 pounds.

Maybe it's not ideal that this guy can only spend $50 on a video card right now, but everyone yelling at him to spend $200-250 isn't helping at all. People need to drop the attitude and try helping, instead of just being an asshole to someone looking for help. The CAG community as a whole has a helpful spirit, but the PC forum is definitely the exception. Which is disappointing, because gaming on the PC for as cheap as possible is what a lot of people need the most help in. So this guy is asking for the best video card in the $40-$60 range (and I understand it's not going to be able to run what he wants on high), why suggest $250 cards?

[quote name='shosh']Geez, whats with people and cheap video cards lately.[/QUOTE]The name of the website is cheapassgamer...

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I think a better analogy would be some fatass 350 pound dude posts on a forum saying he's looking for tips to lose 50 pounds to be a little healthier, but 10 assholes jump on him calling him an idiot, because they think he needs to be the ideal weight, and lose 150 pounds.

Maybe it's not ideal that this guy can only spend $50 on a video card right now, but everyone yelling at him to spend $200-250 isn't helping at all. People need to drop the attitude and try helping, instead of just being an asshole to someone looking for help. The CAG community as a whole has a helpful spirit, but the PC forum is definitely the exception. Which is disappointing, because gaming on the PC for as cheap as possible is what a lot of people need the most help in. So this guy is asking for the best video card in the $40-$60 range (and I understand it's not going to be able to run what he wants on high), why suggest $250 cards?

LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE WEBSITE![/QUOTE]
sorry, your analogy sucks. losing 50 lbs can be done. losing 100 lbs in 1 week can't. do you understand the difference? Our position is equivalent in telling him that it can't be done and to pace himself and be more realistic. And how is it that telling him to spend more to get what he wants being an asshole? Thats exactly what i'm talking about, and it happens on every video card thread. once someone says it can't be done and to spend a bit more, they're an asshole for some reason.

"LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE WEBSITE!"
yea its cheapassgamer, not imaginationland.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I think a better analogy would be a 350 pound dude posts on a forum saying he's looking for tips to lose 50 pounds to be a little healthier, but 10 assholes jump on him calling him an idiot, because they think he needs to be the ideal weight, and lose 150 pounds.

The name of the website is cheapassgamer...[/QUOTE]

People aren't yelling to him to.spend $200 dollars. People are telling him what he asked for in the Op won't happen unless he.spends $200. He then states that he hasn't done research, but he will because we are obviously wrong. All we did was tell him BF3 on high won't happen on a $50 card. He says our replies are no help and no.one can help him.

Then someone comes in to defend ignorance. Completely ignoring the fact the OP stated he wanted to run BF3 on high, not only the best $50 card. We suggest $250 cards because he wanted to run BF3 on high. How the heck did you miss the point? It must be a desire to go on a holier-than-thou trip based on bad reading comprehension. If you want a $50 card, do a freaking google shopping search, you don't ask how you can run BF3 on high

First off, I apologize for attacking instead of looking at both sides. I got frustrated, because I could tell the OP was frustrated, and I've been in that situation, not really on forums, but just in discussions with people.

I certainly know that he wants to run BF3 on high, so I don't agree that I have poor reading comprehension. I just took one side of the argument (that admittedly I created), while everyone else was on the side that he needs to spend a lot of money that he doesn't have. The very last sentence on his post says, "Any suggestions for a card at that price point [$50] or close to it?". So I don't think suggesting expensive cards was very helpful, which is why the OP got frustrated and gave up.

So what I meant to say before I started being a jerk, is that a lot of people on this forum have a lot of knowledge on graphics cards, and what would be best for this guy's limited budget. I think some people definitely tried to help, but others had a tone that makes beginners (like me) get frustrated. Like in your post just now 6er, you just called the guy ignorant, which is probably true, because he admits he hasn't done research on the subject. But why not just say he's a beginner instead of calling him ignorant? It's a certain tone like that, that turns people away. There's nothing wrong with a person with limited knowledge coming to the PC forum to ask for help, I think that's a big reason why forums exist, so people can help each other.

Sorry with the way I came off, I do realize it was wrong of me to do that, and I want people to know that I respect what they have to say, especially people on CAG.

Honestly, if you want to play non-casual games at more than low settings, you need to bring at least $100-$150 to the table. You cant actually expect to play one of the most demanding games on high settings with a cheap, crappy $50 video card, can you?

[quote name='SEH']Honestly, if you want to play non-casual games at more than low settings, you need to bring at least $100-$150 to the table. You cant actually expect to play one of the most demanding games on high settings with a cheap, crappy $50 video card, can you?[/QUOTE]I definitely agree that BF3 takes a powerful card, my 630M that cost $40-$50 on my new HP laptop can only run it on medium settings at 27fps according to notebookcheck.

I can run games such as Starcraft II, Civilization V, Left4Dead2, Portal 2, and the Fallout, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect games on high with 30+fps, so I think $50 can be decent enough. Most brand new games have to be at medium settings and the older demanding games like Metro 2033, Skyrim and Battlefield 3 play fluently at medium settings.

[quote name='StickyWaffles'](and I understand it's not going to be able to run what he wants on high), why suggest $250 cards?

The name of the website is cheapassgamer...[/QUOTE]

because.... He specifically said he wants a card that can run BF3 on high? He could easily save up a few months and get a good card. He already saved like 30-40 dollars off BF3.

Its the low costs of games that slowly offset and then bring PC gaming cheaper then consoles.
You make a excellent point of this being cheapass gamer, rather then cheapass rig builders. Which would only costs more in the end.

[quote name='Fire2box']because.... He specifically said he wants a card that can run BF3 on high? He could easily save up a few months and get a good card. He already saved like 30-40 dollars off BF3.

Its the low costs of games that slowly offset and then bring PC gaming cheaper then consoles.
You make a excellent point of this being cheapass gamer, rather then cheapass rig builders. Which would only costs more in the end.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Way better off saving for a few months and getting yourself a nice 560 or something rather than wasting $50 on something that A.) doesn't meet your requirements, and B.) will run most 3D games terribly.

I don't mean to argue further, but the question in the title is "Whats the best Gaming Video Card for $50?" and then the OP repeatedly said he's not going down the $200-250 graphics card road.

And to say that he saved $30-40 on BF3 is not true at all. If you're comparing it to console prices, it's been on sale for $15 used at GameFly, and around $20 new. $10 is a great price, and I love the cheap download prices on the PC, but console games are dropping in price very quickly these days.

I'm also not arguing that a great graphics card is a waste of money or something, it's just not something most people are looking for. The 6670 that was posted a few posts prior is closer to what the OP was looking for. And again, to say that a $50 card will run 3D games terribly isn't true. I just named many of the biggest franchises on the PC, and all get 30+fps running on high on my $50 card.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I been using the same video card{good ol' VisionTek hd 3870 OverClocked Edition 512mb} for the last 2 years+, and its time to upgrade, especially now since I got BF3 from Origin for $10 yesterday.
I've been looking a lot online and I had my scopes locked on the ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 PCI Express that was on sale for $49 with free shipping from one online store beginning of this year, but decided to wait until the price will drop for the same card or maybe a better card will hit the same price point, however I cant seem to find deal for a good/better video card on the same price point{$50|}.
I would be using it for regular gaming but not hard-core, I wanna be able to run the settings at High settings on BF3{not necessarily Ultra High, but at least high}.
Any suggestions for a card at that price point or close to it?[/QUOTE]

I just realized that the Radeon HD 5670 you're looking at is what I've got. It's an alright card, but sorry, it wont run BF3 on high. I get decent FPS in most games at 1600x900 at around medium-high settings, but none of it pushes a card's abilities like BF3. In fact I think I had to lower the settings on Portal 2 to get better FPS. I'm already wanting to upgrade mine to something better so I can run Borderlands 2 with PhysX on.

[quote name='StickyWaffles'] Like in your post just now 6er, you just called the guy ignorant, which is probably true, because he admits he hasn't done research on the subject. But why not just say he's a beginner instead of calling him ignorant?[/QUOTE]
Ignorant is a word. Look it up if you don't know what it means. All this PC BS in the world is turning everyone into candy butt pansy's.

Sticky, start handing out "participation trophies" already and get it over with. Now you are insulting him. Acting like he is incapable of making good decisions, so we should all be nice and let him buy into whatever helps him sleep at night.

If you are going to ask a question on the internet, you should always do the research YOURSELF if you want the best answer, even if just to combine with what your told.

You say you don't want to argue any further at the beginning of a large opinionated argument.
picard_wtf_riker_i_know.jpg

[quote name='Waughoo']I just realized that the Radeon HD 5670 you're looking at is what I've got. It's an alright card, but sorry, it wont run BF3 on high. I get decent FPS in most games at 1600x900 at around medium-high settings, but none of it pushes a card's abilities like BF3. In fact I think I had to lower the settings on Portal 2 to get better FPS. I'm already wanting to upgrade mine to something better so I can run Borderlands 2 with PhysX on.[/QUOTE]

Just remember that PhysX only works very well on nVidia cards, if that will be a purchase point. I forget what the AMD speciality is, but you gotta pick your poison.

Damn. People are getting called assholes and shit, this place is hostile.

I have no suggestions for a $50 gpu that can run B3 on high, but I can attest that the people in the PC forum are very helpful. I just finished my first build like 2 weeks ago and had to ask a ton of stupid noob questions, but just about everyone was very helpful. It may have been that when I didn't hear what I wanted or expected I never told anyone they didn't know what they were talking about said id research it myself. That sort of defeats the purpose if asking more knowledgeable people advice.

I can also vouch that if you desire physx go Nvidia. I have an HD7870 which is supposed to be about on par with a 660ti from what I understand but the Physx kicks kinda kicks its ass

It probably can't run BF3 on high but I got a GTX 460 on ebay brand new for $90...I thought that was a pretty good deal.

[quote name='SEH']Seriously. Way better off saving for a few months and getting yourself a nice 560 or something rather than wasting $50 on something that A.) doesn't meet your requirements, and B.) will run most 3D games terribly.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the OP. In fact I just got my new PC parts in i5 CPU, 7870 and 8 GB DDR3 1600 speed Ram.

:D

and what did you not understand it's the low cost of the GAMES that offset the somewhat higher price a PC? the whole point is to have something that will last for as long or longer then the consoles. Which isn't that hard to do with their constant failures.

[quote name='Fire2box']I'm not the OP. In fact I just got my new PC parts in i5 CPU, 7870 and 8 GB DDR3 1600 speed Ram.

and what did you not understand it's the low cost of the GAMES that offset the somewhat higher price a PC? the whole point is to have something that will last for as long or longer then the consoles. Which isn't that hard to do with their constant failures.[/QUOTE]

umm, he agreed with you.

God i hate these threads about low cost gfx cards and the infighting and accusations that ensues. next time someone posts asking to run ultra for 20 bucks, imma preemptively say "go fuck yourself"

[quote name='crystalklear64']just realized that op never posted his other specs. something tells me he needs more than just a 50$ video card, even if it would work.[/QUOTE]

Notice how I didn't even reply to this thread? OP is not ready for PC gaming :D

[quote name='shosh'] next time someone posts asking to run ultra for 20 bucks, imma preemptively say "go fuck yourself"[/QUOTE]

You don't understand how hard it has been for me to not say anything in this thread :D

We need this topic closed because there is no current solution to play BF3 on high settings with a budget of $50. Unless of course someone is nice enough to sell OP their gfx card for the awesome price of $50 :)

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I don't mean to argue further, but the question in the title is "Whats the best Gaming Video Card for $50?" and then the OP repeatedly said he's not going down the $200-250 graphics card road.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and he also said he wants to run BF3 on high. I love that you conveniently leave that out of every post you make, as if we're just attacking this guy who simply wants the best $50 video card. We're telling him that his two wants or demands CAN NOT BE MET. Its not fucking possible. I don't understand why that is so hard of a concept to grasp.

Would you rather we lie to the guy, tell him to get whatever shitty $50 video card he is looking at, then have him be let down when said video card probably cant even run the damn game, let alone on high settings?

If telling the guy the truth makes us all assholes, then I guess we're all assholes here.

[quote name='Fire2box']I'm not the OP. In fact I just got my new PC parts in i5 CPU, 7870 and 8 GB DDR3 1600 speed Ram.

and what did you not understand it's the low cost of the GAMES that offset the somewhat higher price a PC? the whole point is to have something that will last for as long or longer then the consoles. Which isn't that hard to do with their constant failures.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...I was agreeing with you dude. Not sure how that wasn't clear.

[quote name='crystalklear64']just realized that op never posted his other specs. something tells me he needs more than just a 50$ video card, even if it would work.[/QUOTE]

I had been thinking about this. Really curious to see what the rest of his rig looks like. I'm guessing its not a newer i5 or an i7 with eight or more gigs of ram.

I respect your opinion, but disagree, and here's why.

[quote name='6er']Ignorant is a word. Look it up if you don't know what it means. All this PC BS in the world is turning everyone into candy butt pansy's.[/QUOTE]I clearly said I agreed that the OP was ignorant, but you're using it in a derogatory way for no reason. You are obviously on the other end of the spectrum of what the internet has transformed American culture into. I try to respect people the best I can, and treat them as if we were standing next to each other, and you insult people whenever you feel like, and don't apologize for it, knowing that you're protected by the computer screen.

[quote name='6er']Sticky, start handing out "participation trophies" already and get it over with. Now you are insulting him. Acting like he is incapable of making good decisions, so we should all be nice and let him buy into whatever helps him sleep at night.[/QUOTE]He doesn't have knowledge on graphics cards, so he came here looking for help, and some people didn't listen to anything he had to say, or even read the title of the thread they were responding to. He is incapable of picking the best video card for his situation, a lot of people are, and so he came here for help, and quickly got told to get the fuck out of your holy PC forum.

[quote name='6er']If you are going to ask a question on the internet, you should always do the research YOURSELF if you want the best answer, even if just to combine with what your told.[/QUOTE]That's absurd. People aren't allowed to ask for help in forums without already knowing the answer? I don't know where you got this interent rule book that nobody else has ever seen, but thank you for enforcing it.

[quote name='6er']You say you don't want to argue any further at the beginning of a large opinionated argument.[/QUOTE]Calling my previous post an opinionated argument is laughable. I listed nothing but facts in that entire post, which you promptly ignored, and instead just continued to spread misinformation and insults. Regardless of this argument, I still respect and even agree with some things that you've said, but I see it's impossible for you to respect others who don't agree with you, even after I apologized for the way I attacked the people in this thread earlier.

[quote name='shosh']God i hate these threads about low cost gfx cards and the infighting and accusations that ensues. next time someone posts asking to run ultra for 20 bucks, imma preemptively say "go fuck yourself"[/QUOTE]That's the helping attitude that people need, thank you so much for contributing to humanity.

[quote name='SEH']Yeah, and he also said he wants to run BF3 on high. I love that you conveniently leave that out of every post you make, as if we're just attacking this guy who simply wants the best $50 video card. We're telling him that his two wants or demands CAN NOT BE MET. Its not fucking possible. I don't understand why that is so hard of a concept to grasp.

Would you rather we lie to the guy, tell him to get whatever shitty $50 video card he is looking at, then have him be let down when said video card probably cant even run the damn game, let alone on high settings?

If telling the guy the truth makes us all assholes, then I guess we're all assholes here.[/QUOTE]I've stated several times that I agree that it can't be done, I even stated that my brand new $50 graphics card only gets 27fps running on medium settings. To say that I always leave it out means you're not reading, and looking for an argument that's not there.

My argument is that people jumped on the guy for only having $50 to spend on a graphics card (a luxury, not a necessity), and that it happens all the time, not only on this forum, but with PC elitists everywhere. I read this forum because I enjoy learning about processors, graphics cards, etc. and people here have great knowledge and insight in this field. My only argument was, instead of immediately telling him he's an idiot and telling him he needs to spend more money or get the fuck out, why not answer his question of what's the best $50 graphics card, and let him know it can only run the game on medium settings, but can play nearly every other game on high settings. And then say, if you do want to run BF3 on high, here are the best values for a graphics card in the $100-150 range.

My point is that people don't need to attack someone that's a beginner, it doesn't help anyone, except for maybe help the PC experts feel better somehow.

See the second post by SEH.

[quote name='SEH']A $50 video card isn't running BF3 on high.[/QUOTE]

The third post also give the OP to opportunity to buy a used card for a decent price.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'll send you a used 4850 for $50.[/QUOTE]

OP didn't want it. See the use of words used by the OP.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Not thanks.[/QUOTE]

Fire2box gives some insightful info and a good starting point to do some homework.

[quote name='Fire2box']This should help you out a lot.

Also saying you want to use it for regulasr gaming but when to run BF3 on high at playable frame rates in 720 or 1080 or higher, well. With Bf3 on High that's not "regular gaming" BF3 was designed to push limits like Crysis did but not nearly as much. so save your money and buy a card at like 200-250 dollars. because then you'll get a card that will last at least 4 years, likely more. also the fact you've been using a 3870 for only the last 2 years. you should of never of bought it and just saved money for a 560 ti or something.[/QUOTE]

OP clearly states that money is an issue and is oblivious to what "runs BF3 pretty decently" means on a $37 graphic card.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Im definetly not looking to buy a card for the prices that you mentioned{$200-$250}, I bought the card that I have for either $20 or $40 dollars if Im not mistaken from Cowboom more than 2 years ago and it was a brand new card, so I think it was a good deal since it was retailing at around $80+ back then.
I was looking at the Nvidia Geforce 440 1GB DDR3 which was Brand New from Cowboom a few days ago around $37 shipped and I youtubed some videos and it runs BF3 pretty decently, so I figured at around $50 give or take ill be able to get something better.[/QUOTE]

Then the OP claims that nobody gave him help because we couldn't find a cheap alternative graphics card within his price range.

Everyone gave him some solid info and the OP took a shit on that information. Close this thread, we don't need people like him coming in here and claiming we were no help when clearly he was asking for the impossible.

So after struggling to get the Origin client downloaded for like a week. WTF is with that???? I loaded BF3 up and was able to play it on Ultra on all settings with my 7870. It definitely wasnt 60fps, but it ran nice and smooth even in firefights.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So after struggling to get the Origin client downloaded for like a week. WTF is with that???? I loaded BF3 up and was able to play it on Ultra on all settings with my 7870. It definitely wasnt 60fps, but it ran nice and smooth even in firefights.[/QUOTE]

I never looked at the FPS but in single player my 7870 runs it very well. No idea when I'll hop into multiplayer. Though I guess I should the campaign is boring.

Sleeping Dog's however is pretty good. Better then GTA4 IMHO.

bread's done
Back