Got what I needed! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain J

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Ok my aunt is throwing this huge birthday party for my ten year old cousin and their inviting all his lttile friends over and they want to get a ton of gamecube games to give away as party favors and prizes. i need 100 games (theres about 20-25 kids invited and they want to give them 4-5 games each) and as long as you follow the rules below, it can be any crappy game you want and even include doubles! i will pay $500 including basic ups ground shipping for these games. this is a perfect chance for those of you who may have sime junk laying around or that jumped on the cicuit city sale and stocked up on the $1.99 and $2.99 games to make some profit! just follow this:

1.any 100 gamecube games, any crappy 100 titles you want as long as none are sports games although some sporty games allowed are wrestling, racing, and extreme sports (blitz,hitz,tony hawk,mat hoffman, etc.)
2.they can be doubles of any game but no more than 4 of each game.
3.it has to have its original box. original book is wanted, but not required
4.i do need all 100 from one seller please
5.they can be sealed or unsealed
6.i can pay paypal immediately!

thanks in advance for your help!

That is hell of a lot of work for one person. If you include shipping and taxes then it is not worth the effort. And they're doing your chores or errands that you're suppose to do. Plus, they have to use their money in advance hoping that you will follow through on your end.

I don't mean to down you, but that's only $5 per game, not a lot if you ask me. Bump that number up to $800 and you may have some takers. Not a lot of profit in it for the seller.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I don't mean to down you, but that's only $5 per game, not a lot if you ask me. Bump that number up to $800 and you may have some takers. Not a lot of profit in it for the seller.[/QUOTE]

I don't think price is the number one issue here. Is there really somone here on this board that has 100 crappy gamecube game in their collection?? That just sounds like an unlikely event.

i dont mean more that they would have 100 extra games in their collection, but i know there is alot of people that horde the circuit city sales just to try and turn a profit, if they only paid $1.99-$2.99 for the games, then even with shipping they can make up to about $200 profit, anyways this isnt even a big deal, i was just throwing it out there just to see of anyone had some extra. ill wait a few days, and if no one bites ill just buy a bunch of the $4.99 crappy games that gamestop has, its just that i would rather give my money to a cheap ass gamer then to gamestop!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i think this person is your best bet if you're going through ebay. you should e-mail him to see if you can work something out.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Gamers-Corner

i agree with the majority here though (it's gonna take a lot of work and luck to get this deal from a CAG). best of luck to you![/QUOTE]

its funny that you and the guy above mentioned the link to this seller. i bought a lot of gamecube games off them a little over a month ago and i got HORRIBLE service. i really tried and tried to give them a chance, but i was promised the games in 5 business days after their processing and they didnt come until 2 and a half weeks after. i emailed them a million times to try and work out something, but they only replied a few times with generic responses. it was sad because when they games finally did arrive they were in great shape, but the customer service was pretty lousy so im not sure if id want to do business with them again!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I don't mean to down you, but that's only $5 per game, not a lot if you ask me. Bump that number up to $800 and you may have some takers. Not a lot of profit in it for the seller.[/QUOTE]

You really think he wants to pay more than $5 a game when they're giving them all away to a bunch of kids just for attending a birthday party? Why, OP, is your aunt giving kids $20-$25 of games each just for going to a birthday party?

she likes to be unique and i actually think its a pretty good idea 10-12 year old kids dont want the usual birthday crap prizes that you get like small toys and noisemakers and whatnot. they all have gamecubes so she thought it would be a good idea to gove those away. and you made a good point about the pricing, i think $500 is enough to spend on party favors as it is and its not like im asking for the newest games or anything, i will take the worst gamecube games ever made as long as they are not sports! i was at a used store today and they had about 10 copies of that crappy game future tactics for $2.99 each, thats the kind of games im talking about i suppose if someone could only do half of that (50 games) i could give them half the money ($250) and then try to by the rest at the local shops, but again im trying to give the money away to you guys first!

[quote name='eldad9']How about just one great game per kid? Just a thought.

BTW: Do they all really have gamecubes?[/QUOTE]

i think she wants to give one away just for coming and then have all kinds of games and contests to win some more. she owns a big farm and wants to have races and other stuff like that to win a prize. plus since it is so close to easter (its in a little over a week) she wants to have another egg hunt for some games to.

[quote name='Captain J']i think she wants to give one away just for coming and then have all kinds of games and contests to win some more. she owns a big farm and wants to have races and other stuff like that to win a prize. plus since it is so close to easter (its in a little over a week) she wants to have another egg hunt for some games to.[/QUOTE]

There's going to be lots of bloodshed.

I hate to be the one to say this, but 10-12 year olds know a good game from a crappy one. I'm not saying all of them will "look a gift horse in the mouth" but at least one of them will.

Just a thought.

Homestley you shouldn't be giving kids presents for coming to your party. THEY are supposed to bring the presents and then you reward them with cake and ice cream.

[quote name='daphatty']I hate to be the one to say this, but 10-12 year olds know a good game from a crappy one. I'm not saying all of them will "look a gift horse in the mouth" but at least one of them will.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

hummm....
Maybe the op should put 1 or 2 good games in the bunch (out of 100 or so games). That way, all the kids can duke it out. I guarantee you that the party will be super exciting. Just remember to come early to get the best seats in the house if you want a good view.

hey guys i appreciate your help but i just ended up going to ebgames.com and buying 100 used gamecube games. i bought 4 of each of all the $4.99 games they had in stock (and a bunch of $3.99) and after i used CAG16 my total with tax and 3 day shipping came to $491.90! like i said i knew i could do that all along but i really wanted to give you guys my money instead of them, but i am on a time limit here and needed to make sure i got them in in time. thanks though for your help and advice guys, i appreciate it!

Hey Captain, I wish you luck but I do hope you know that EB changed their policy on pre-owned game packaging. You might be receiving a bunch of disc only games, I have no idea if that matters or not.

[quote name='Captain J']i think she wants to give one away just for coming and then have all kinds of games and contests to win some more. she owns a big farm and wants to have races and other stuff like that to win a prize. plus since it is so close to easter (its in a little over a week) she wants to have another egg hunt for some games to.[/QUOTE]

ummmmm... now this is just me, but didn't I already live through (damnit) easter this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back