Graffiti Kindom(ps2) $9.90 at Fry's B&M!!!

ManChowder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I found this today at my local Fry's(Fountain Valley, CA) in a game display near the front of the store. There were approximately 12 copies when I left.

I would assume that this is not YMMV, as the other finds I posted about in the past were available at other Fry's Electronics as well.

Good deal!

i saw this at my fry's too. i wonder if its only a limited time thing. anywayz, my fry's had like 2 full bins of this game. lol

Yeah, I posted this a ways back in one of the Fry's deal threads. It was $10.19 back then and they had several. Then I noticed the other day they dropped it to $9.90 but there was only 1 copy at my Fry's (Wilsonville, OR).
It had been $10.19 for a LONG time, and no one seemed to care. I almost shelled out $29.99 for this when it first came out - glad I held off.

Back then there was another wierd price - Arc The Lad End of Darkness was $14.xx or so, but I noticed that jumped up to $19.99 recently. So if you were at all interested in Graffiti Kingdom I would pick it up at $9.90. While they sometimes keep reducing games at Fry's (it could be $4.90 in a few months) they also don't do that consistently like Target and other stores when they put things on clearance.

Yeah, I got 2 copies of GK for about $10 about a month ago at the Fry's in Wilsonville, OR. They had a lot of copies left when I was there - although that was probably more than a month ago. I like the art style - art director on that game was one of the animators on Studio Ghibli films - I read about that in Nintendo Power.

[quote name='brianmoy']I like the art style - art director on that game was one of the animators on Studio Ghibli films - I read about that in Nintendo Power.[/QUOTE]
Studio Ghibli also did the art on the first game, Magic Pengel, and it definitely showed (beautiful!). I got GK a while ago, but haven't played it yet, but I know the art isn't the same, it's much more...flat cartoony, rather than anime-ish, even though Ghibli is still involved. MP isn't the greatest game, but it's worth playing just to walk around in the world.

Ghibli also did a very short animation for the end of Magic Pengel, although it was really in rough sketch form rather than fully colored/inked animation. Still nice, however. This all assumes you were able to wade through the somewhat tiresome battles to get to the end (although I will say some of the events at the end are definitely a WTF moment for what's supposed to be a "kid's game").

Rented but could never get more than halfway through GK. The gameplay was more interesting than Pengel, but the controls were a bit sloppy, and for some reason I couldn't stand the voice/attitude of the main character.

[quote name='danhoo'] and for some reason I couldn't stand the voice/attitude of the main character.[/quote]

The main character talks like a sissy boy!

Also the Ghibli animator worked on the recent RPG for the DS, Lost Magic - but I'm guessing everyone probably already knows that.

bread's done
Back