Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Seeing Motorhead tomorrow night! :bouncy:[/quote]

Lucky! Also, I got tickets to Metallica. They're shitty, but they're still tickets to Metallica. WOO! December 20th. I cant wait to stare at the back of their heads.

Cementing their status as the greatest metal festival in the United States, the organizers of the annual Maryland Deathfest, which will take place from May 22nd to 24th at the Sonar in Baltimore, MD, have released the following update:

“We’d like to let everyone know that we’ve decided to utilize the second stage in the club room of Sonar and we’ll be confirming roughly 50 bands total. We’ve never been big fans of making someone pick and choose a band to see because of two bands playing simultaneously, so bands that will perform on the second stage will not be scheduled to start until a band finishes playing on the main stage. This will allow every band on the second stage to play for at least 15-20 minutes when no other band is playing, not to mention many of the bands on the second stage won’t need much more than 20 minutes to play.

With that said, we’ve already confirmed a lot of bands to appear on the second stage. With the exception of PIG DESTROYER and SPLITTER, all of the bands confirmed below will be appearing on the second stage. Also, the next band announcements we expect to make will quite possibly be the biggest announcement we’ve ever made in the history of MDF, so stay tuned.

Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Splitter (Sweden)
Kill The Client (Texas)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Magrudergrind (Washington, DC)
Lair of the Minotaur (Illinois)
Unearthly Trance (New York)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)
Weekend Nachos (Illinois)
Drugs of Faith (Maryland)

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF VII:

Pestilence (Netherlands)
Mayhem (Norway)
Atheist (Florida)
Asphyx (Netherlands)
Immolation (New York)
Brutal Truth (New York)
Hail of Bullets (Netherlands)
Abscess (California)
General Surgery (Sweden)
Today is the Day (Tennessee)
Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Phobia (California)
Sayyadina (Sweden)
Flesh Parade (Louisiana)
Jig-Ai (Czech Republic)
Antigama (Poland)
Splitter (Sweden)
Gnostic (Georgia)
Crowpath (Sweden)
Man Must Die (Scotland)
Entrails Massacre (Germany)
Kill The Client (Texas)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Magrudergrind (Washington DC)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)
Triac (Maryland)”

[quote name='CrimGhost']Cementing their status as the greatest metal festival in the United States, the organizers of the annual Maryland Deathfest, which will take place from May 22nd to 24th at the Sonar in Baltimore, MD, have released the following update:

“We’d like to let everyone know that we’ve decided to utilize the second stage in the club room of Sonar and we’ll be confirming roughly 50 bands total. We’ve never been big fans of making someone pick and choose a band to see because of two bands playing simultaneously, so bands that will perform on the second stage will not be scheduled to start until a band finishes playing on the main stage. This will allow every band on the second stage to play for at least 15-20 minutes when no other band is playing, not to mention many of the bands on the second stage won’t need much more than 20 minutes to play.

With that said, we’ve already confirmed a lot of bands to appear on the second stage. With the exception of PIG DESTROYER and SPLITTER, all of the bands confirmed below will be appearing on the second stage. Also, the next band announcements we expect to make will quite possibly be the biggest announcement we’ve ever made in the history of MDF, so stay tuned.

Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Splitter (Sweden)
Kill The Client (Texas)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Magrudergrind (Washington, DC)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF VII:

Pestilence (Netherlands)
Mayhem (Norway)
Atheist (Florida)
Asphyx (Netherlands)
Immolation (New York)
Brutal Truth (New York)
Hail of Bullets (Netherlands)
Abscess (California)
General Surgery (Sweden)
Today is the Day (Tennessee)
Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Phobia (California)
Sayyadina (Sweden)
Flesh Parade (Louisiana)
Jig-Ai (Czech Republic)
Antigama (Poland)
Splitter (Sweden)
Gnostic (Georgia)
Crowpath (Sweden)
Man Must Die (Scotland)
Entrails Massacre (Germany)
Kill The Client (Texas)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Magrudergrind (Washington DC)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)
Triac (Maryland)”[/quote]

Wow...there are some good bands in that list. I would love to see Grief, Brutal Truth, Lair of the Minotaur, Pestilence (I didn't know they were back together)...shit the list goes one and one. Too bad I'm no where near that area...

So what are the best metal albums of 2008 so far? I'm trying to find new stuff to listen to.

[quote name='Blackout']So what are the best metal albums of 2008 so far? I'm trying to find new stuff to listen to.[/quote]
Manilla Road's Voyager is still my favorite.

[quote name='Blackout']So what are the best metal albums of 2008 so far? I'm trying to find new stuff to listen to.[/QUOTE]

Cynic - Traced In Air
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Intronaut - Prehistoricisms

[quote name='mykevermin']http://anti-commerce.blogspot.com/ uses http://web.splashcast.net/

FWIW. Dunno if that helps or not.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, it works...but my mp3 is 103MB and the MB limit on splashcast is 100MB. I guess I could try to lower the size. Thanks Myke!

EDIT: Thank you so much Myke! I got it to work, alright guys listen to the show here http://web.splashcast.net/fs/?embed_url=/so/2/c/HSJE3462SS/s/FJUG3048OR/sc/1253203/fs/ or http://deathbyhanger.blogspot.com/

A new episode will be up every Friday. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
i am going record shopping tomorrow. I jus checked out the newest Misery Index tracks on their myspace page, i might just pick it up tomorrow. Does anyone listen to Plague Bringer? They are alocal band from here in Chicago and are one of the best extreme metal bands Ive ever heard that uses a drum machine. Their live show is amazing.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh fucking NICE:

Corrupted
Asunder
Iron Lung

November 2nd. And it's all-ages, so I don't have to go alone.[/QUOTE]

Bah, wish they would do an East coast tour. And yeah Misery Index is pretty average now, cool guys though.

Huh. I really liked Misery Index's last album Discordia, but then again I'm more of a thrash guy so maybe in a year I'll think it sucks. I'm trying to move away from that genre.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh fucking NICE:

Corrupted
Asunder
Iron Lung

November 2nd. And it's all-ages, so I don't have to go alone.[/quote]

I know Dino from Asunder. I played Kick ball with him once in West Oakland. I never heard his music though..

[quote name='Xevious']I know Dino from Asunder. I played Kick ball with him once in West Oakland. I never heard his music though..[/quote]

Oh fuck YOU, Dino is also in Dystopia (one of my absolute favorite bands), AND Ghoul. You owe it to yourself to check them out.

[quote name='Xevious']I know Dino from Asunder. I played Kick ball with him once in West Oakland. I never heard his music though..[/QUOTE]

Was this when Paul Baloff was referee? Hehe.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh fuck YOU, Dino is also in Dystopia (one of my absolute favorite bands), AND Ghoul. You owe it to yourself to check them out.[/quote]

Ok...I'll check out Dystopia. Dino worked at Peets Coffee in Berkeley and one of my friends works at Peets so that how I met him. There was actually a bunch of people there (All of them Oakland dirtbags - I mean that in a nice way though) and Dino was easily the friendliest (and maybe the craziest) person of the bunch.

He used to wear this...I'm not sure if I could explain it...Metal spikes coming out his nose. There were two spikes, one for each nostral. I've seen him a few times around but don't know him that well.

[quote name='Xevious']Yep...thats him with his spikes[/QUOTE]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNrOow5sXI[/MEDIA]

Whiplash just announced being reactivated! Apparently they are almost finished recording a new studio album which is expected early next year followed by some touring :bouncy:

:applause:

[quote name='mykevermin']I gotta teach at that time.

Why don't you post your show as a podcast on iTunes? Make my life a helluva lot easier.

;)[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, that's a good idea. I'll bring it up with the station(lazy jerks).

Whiplash are back? Didn't one of the guys in the band die or something? I forgot why they split up.

Whoo yeah Kreator! Exodus, Warbringer, and Epicurean suck though. Oh well. KREATOR! Also, haha Whiplash? Why? I'd rather see Sacred Reich and Cryptic Slaughter do another set of shows.

Whiplash had some good songs. They haven't aged well, but they're still good songs.

And why can't Kreator do a tour with Tankard and Sodom? I would crap myself if that happened.

Misery Index is coming at our station on Wednesday, my friend arranged an interview for his show "I Told You I Was Hardcore". Check it out at http://broadcast.umbc.edu:8000/wmbc-hifi on Wednesday from 6-7PM (EST). Oh and I listened to the new album, it's actually pretty good. It's just not "unique", there isn't something that just pops right at you when you listen to it. It's something that affects a lot of death/grind bands. Cool guys though, looking forward to meeting them on wednesday.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Toxik just announced reactivation along with plans to release a new album and tour.[/QUOTE]

Haha wow, what's next Dark Angel, Slaughter, Evildead?

[quote name='CrimGhost']Haha wow, what's next Dark Angel, Slaughter, Evildead?[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Blackout']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'd love to see the thrash band Slaughter and Evildead get back together. Also, I wonder if Nuclear Assault are still together, I was lucky to see them live in May.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OueT59Ra1to[/MEDIA]

Man I love that album. Great thrash. Nuclear Assault? Third World Genocide was a complete joke. They lost all their fire. That album STUNK. They don't have it anymore.

Who would I like to see back...Razor? It seems they're active but there is no word on an album. Morbid Saint. Intruder was decent. I just think it's better to leave us with the old albums rather than coming back and releasing a pile of crap.

[quote name='Blackout']Man I love that album. Great thrash. Nuclear Assault? Third World Genocide was a complete joke. They lost all their fire. That album STUNK. They don't have it anymore.

Who would I like to see back...Razor? It seems they're active but there is no word on an album. Morbid Saint. Intruder was decent. I just think it's better to leave us with the old albums rather than coming back and releasing a pile of crap.[/QUOTE]

This is true, I would like to see those bands live. As for new material, no thanks.

EDIT: R.I.P. Brian Lourie http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BLABBERMOUTH.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106096 Definitely playing something from Strappado on my show this week.

[quote name='red flare graf']fuck, I would have but I just got home! Damn my drinking habits[/QUOTE]

I'll have the mp3 of the show up soon. It was such a great show, we had about 8 listeners and some funny calls. We started the show at around 11:30 and ended it at 4:00. Haha also we forgot to sign out, so the show name is still listed on http://wmbc.umbc.edu/ top right hand corner where it says "current DJ".

[quote name='Canadian_Man']I just discovered the greatness that is Grave.[/quote]

You post in the MySpace metal forums, don't you? I think I recognize your picture.

Also, not entirely metal, but Teen Cthulhu is fucking awesome. And, the members went on to form Book of Black Earth.

What releases are you looking forward to in 2009?

My short list so far is Sepultura, Mastodon and Brutal Truth.

bread's done
Back