Gran Turismo 4 GH differences?

ryanlk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Greatest Hits and regular version of GT4? I was looking at the back of both cases today at the store and noted that the original GT4 mentions over 650 cars, while the GH version mentions over 700 cars... did they add cars to the GH version? Which one should I go with?

While I don't know if anything for certain has changed, they almost always add things to GH versions rather than take them out. Some examples or Virtua Fighter 4, Silent Hill 2, DMC3, and Midnight Club 3. The only game which potentially took something out was the hot coffee-free GTA.

hmm, i guess i should go with the GH, but that red banner annoys me... unless someone knows for sure if they added things (like more cars)

[quote name='pscloud']While I don't know if anything for certain has changed, they almost always add things to GH versions rather than take them out. Some examples or Virtua Fighter 4, Silent Hill 2, DMC3, and Midnight Club 3. The only game which potentially took something out was the hot coffee-free GTA.[/quote]

I disagree. Most GH titles are usually exactly the same as the regular editions. Notable exceptions are ones you mentioned: Silent Hill 2, and DMC3 had additional content (and clearly marked on the box). The GH of VF4 is actually considered to be a whole new title and given a new title (VF4: Evolution).

Hmm...I can't find anything on the net about any additions to the GH version of GT4, but I can't comment from first-hand experience with both versions, sorry...

However, they usually trumpet it when they make additions to GH games, and in the case of something huge like GT4, I'm sure they'd let people know about it beforehand. I'd say you should be able to buy the non-GH version without fear of missing out on anything. If they did add anything, I'd be hugely suprised that they didn't make a big ballyhoo about it.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I disagree. Most GH titles are usually exactly the same as the regular editions.[/quote]
I think he meant that if there are any changes to the game itself at all when it becomes a GH, that those changes are almost always additions. And the only reason you have to say "almost always" is because of GTA:SA, from which they removed Hot Coffee, but they removed that from printings prior to it going GH, actually.

I have a GT4 save with over 700 cars on it. 723 to be precise. Now I downloaded that save, so Im not sure if it was created using gameshark type codes or not.

I think when the game first came out, they mentioned over 650 cars, but many hidden cars were found which brought the total to over 700. Since those cars (black race cars, black F1, 6.2mile used cars, etc) are known to gamers now, they probably added their number to the total on the back of the box. I doubt the actual game on the disc is any different.

[quote name='pscloud']While I don't know if anything for certain has changed, they almost always add things to GH versions rather than take them out. Some examples or Virtua Fighter 4, Silent Hill 2, DMC3, and Midnight Club 3. The only game which potentially took something out was the hot coffee-free GTA.[/quote]

Well isn't DMC3 and MC3 going to get like new titles and crap? Like for instance, MC3 is called Remixed and just sells for $19.99 GH. Same with DMC3.

Well, I went to check it out. I found a one copy of Gran Turismo 4 with the real greatest hits label. The back clearly states over 650 cars. I didn't see any 700 on there.

[quote name='pscloud']Coffee speaks the truth...I meant IF they change a title when making it GH, they'll add things rather than take them out.[/quote]

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

i ended up getting the non-GH version since someone did confirm there are over 700 cars in the original version, but the back of the GH version does say 700 cars (it has different screenshots too), saw it at frys if that makes a difference....

bread's done
Back