Gran Turismo 4 & God Of War - $19.99 at Multiple Stores (Universal Drop)

OldKai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Edit (shipwreck): I went ahead and merged all of the Gran Turismo 4 and God Of War threads as it looks like they have had a universal price drop to $19.99 at multiple stores (Best Buy, GameCrazy, GameStop, EBGames, etc.).

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236416.asp

Pre-played version is going for $29.99 & most places still have it at $49.99 NEW, that I've checked..haven't checked many.

Plenty in stock too.

Eh, I got a copy of GT4 for $5 new right in January.. but GoW finally dropping is a good thing. I wasn't going to pay $50 for, then again I never do for a game.. lol.

But while I was fuming a little bit from my B&M BB not having any copies of God of War, I did some scouting online for places that're selling it at the price drop and found at this place called Atomic Park for $19.36:
http://www.atomicpark.com/xq/aspx/g.../prodid.24048/buy.games/qx/productdetail.html

I don't really have any experience using them, but they offer free shipping for the contiguous US (4-6 business days) and no tax, so you'd supposedly be paying the price tag and nothin' else. If I can't pick it up at Best Buy with the coupon once I get paid, I'm thinking about this. Anybody have any experience with them?

Because I haven't been able to pick it up at many of the other B&M spots I stopped at either. Just wanted to put this out there as another option for folks.

GOW is everything that it has been hyped as (PS2 Game of the Year . . .).

Hard to believe the PS2 is capable of graphics on par with Ninja Gaiden. I had rented the game last summer but didn't play more than a few minutes (not sure why). Now, I'm really getting sucked in . . . too bad I can only manage about 40 mins a day :whistle2:(

Went to BB and they were OOS. Luckly when I went over to Gamestop (to pick up the MGS3 DVD, great DVD BTW) and they had one new copy left, I guess someone put it on hold and didn't pick it up or maybe the guy was just lying to me (whatever). A few minutes back in and I truly regret ever selling this game. It really is the best PS2 exclusive game of last year (RE4 being the only game to top it).

Anyone seen if Target has dropped the price yet? Several Targets have plenty of un-GH GOW but the price tags still say $50 (which is probably why they are still there).

Picked up GoW at Best Buy this morning and beat it about an hour ago. I'm amazed at the presentation quality - has any other game had a "making of" movie as extensive as this one? It's better than most DVDs.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Picked up GoW at Best Buy this morning and beat it about an hour ago. I'm amazed at the presentation quality - has any other game had a "making of" movie as extensive as this one? It's better than most DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Wait until u finish the game the first time -- tons of production unlockables. Good stuff.

Got God of War for $15 with GGC from Best Buy. Thanks for the info OP! Been waiting for the price drop on GoW for awhile. Got a copy before the Greatest Hits packaging is all over it.

WOOHOO!! Breakthrough, so I did my planned "buy and then go to store to pick up and adjust with 10% off coupon" this weekend at the Rego Park BB (which is like a 10 minute train ride from my home) and scored a nice new GOW. So glad I got this game before the red label hit, it is the $#!z indeed. :lol: Can't wait to get home after work and fire it up again. So refreshing to have a great action game to play since I beat NG:black to death.

Got God of War before the weekend and have been hooked on it. A serious steal at $19.99. I did buy GT4 at release being a car nut, but in retrospect God of War deserved the full price purchase more.

I don't know what asshole programmer put those spinning blade towers in Hades, but I now officially hate him. Who the hell thought that would be fun? Didn't they focus test that crap? It wouldn't be so bad if it the hit detection made sense.

God Of War and Gran Turismo 4 (along with other Price Cut games) is now available at Target with the label marked with a yellow Price Cut sign. If you can't find them at your local Target, copy the 9-digit item number and ask a cashier for a merchandise locate in which the cashier will print out other Target locations that has the games in stock (on the sales floor). That's what I did and I use my Team Member Discount (TMD): $19.99 + $19.99 + TMD = $38.95. Happy hunting.

I picked up GOW today for $15 used at Gamerush. I've only gotten to the second level but I can see why it is often labeled as 'epic'. I particularly liked the scene in which you first see Ares.

[quote name='cdeener']Still not as good as the deal at KB Toys where they had this for ten bucks during christmas but if gets to that price at EB then I might pick it up. Should got at KB but somebody had bought all the copies of it before I got there.[/QUOTE]
Those cheapasses

Thanks for the post, I along with everyone else have been waiting for a price drop and this game is unbelievable. Can't remember how much fun I had since Ninja Gaiden came out for the Xbox. Thanks again and I'm glad I got the last God of War at best buy before the greatest hits label hits the market.

Picked up a copy of God of War at Target! Guy that got it for me was amazed at the price drop because they didn't drop the price til recently. What a good feeling. Thanks OP.

It seems like a lot of us bought God of War when it first released only to sell it once we beat the game. Now we realized that it was a really good game and went out and shelled another $20 for a copy.

[quote name='jasonlives13']It seems like a lot of us bought God of War when it first released only to sell it once we beat the game. Now we realized that it was a really good game and went out and shelled another $20 for a copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we (or at least I) sold it for $29 to GameRush, so I got to play the game on release and relive it now with $9 credit in my pocket. Pretty good deal and I still got a non-GH so I can pretend it's the original.

I was waiting forever for this game to drop. Went hunting for a black box version on Friday. Hit EB, Gamestop, Toys R Us, CompUSA.. all sold out (big surprise huh) Finally get to Sears and see the last one.. they had it for $50. I figure I'd price match np, find out I need a flyer to do it so no biggy.. I buy it and head out the door planning to return later and get my money back.

I come back Sunday night with print outs from EB and Gamestop showing the new price. They won't take it. Then I whip out a printout from their own website. Dude says he can only do a price adjust for the "Greatest Hits" version. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor sees that its a $30 price drop and deems it impossible. Another coworker comes over and takes a look. They bicker for a good 15 minutes about this until the supervisor decides to go check it out on the internet for herself. I finally get the pricematch by pricematching with Sears itself (great system they have..)

Took me about 30 minutes of grief but I finally ended up getting matched with 10% difference to boot making the final cost come out to around $18 and change after taxes, so at least I left happy even though I started fuming when the guy said he couldn't match it in the beginning. Is pricematching always this much fun?

Got mine this weekend at Best Buy with price match to Fry's sale price for the final price of $14.49 each.

bread's done
Back