Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition - $94.99 at GS.com / $99.99 @ Amazon

You know...that actually looks really fucking cool! And I never really buy CE's. Also, this is one CE that I'm sure will not be floating around months later for a fraction of the cost. I actually see these both selling out...and then selling for more later on.

[quote name='SleazyC']Anyone know if this is an exclusive CE to Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I want to use Amazon Prime to get the game on release day.

Damn, preordered GT5 with 25OFF and I'd love to switch over to this. Anyone know of GameStop gives you an option yo switch when an LE is announced?

Damn, looks sweet... what to do what to do... wait a little bit for a better deal or coupons. Please post when Amazon has the CE up, thanks!

Damn... that is pretty stupid. I tried to use 5pre and a coupon code, and guess what? Doesn't stack. Naturally.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Looks cool... But I have to SEE a CE go for more nowadays. Is there a recent example of a CE exploding in price???[/QUOTE]
Do the Halos qualify?

Aside from the model car, there's a 300 page book about cars and mechanics what not, but yeah, $100 is still something to consider, especially i told myself not to get into the CE LE UE craves anymore.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Looks cool... But I have to SEE a CE go for more nowadays. Is there a recent example of a CE exploding in price???[/QUOTE]

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker LE. Hasn't exploded in price, but retail was $49.99 and it sells for 70-80. It's probably going to drop as more people realize that barnes and noble apparently has unlimited copies. Or as people buy them from B+N and flood ebay+amazon with them.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's LE fetches a high price, as does Sigma 1's. They also happen to be the worst LE's ever.

otherwise, Bioshock 1, Mass Effect 1, Tales of Vesperia, and Assassin's Creed 2 are the only other rare LE's from this gen, I think.

So, Now they will have all collector's edition numbered! Sweet, and all extras look awesome! I hope somebody will step up and offer some preorder discount to make the price more afordable. Looking forward for this game!!

Demons Souls.

Don't buy this as an investment. Buy it because you want the extra chotchkies.

If you want an investment take some money and invest it.

Keychain - pass
Book - pass
Certificate of Authenticity - pass
DLC - that's a whopping $2.50 you'd get there if it were priced like Forza, but something tells me GT5 DLC will be more expensive.
Extra big box to hold all that crap - pass
Small toy car - pass
GT5 - want
I fail to see where this is a good deal for myself. I'll stick with the regular version. Maybe Amazon will have an account credit for it or something. Good luck to those who want it.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']theres already going to be DLC content !?!!? the games isnt even out yet, lame[/QUOTE]

Well it seems pretty obvious that there will be DLC in the future as new cars get released every year. Now if they were leaving cars out on purpose just to throw a DLC pack out the next week that would be lame.

the DLC is just cars (that are already in the game) with special GT5 skins and engine tunes on them. It's not for a car that isn't in the game.

Surprising...I figured the deluxe edition would have included a refund of the demo game and...oh...a TBA release date download token!!! ;)

I still dont understand these so-called "Collector's Edition"...theyre all full of junk and I see so many of them here on CAG in the trading section not too long after their release date. Are we buying the game or the extra junk? Cmon...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You know...that actually looks really fucking cool! And I never really buy CE's. Also, this is one CE that I'm sure will not be floating around months later for a fraction of the cost. I actually see these both selling out...and then selling for more later on.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah right.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You know...that actually looks really fucking cool! And I never really buy CE's. Also, this is one CE that I'm sure will not be floating around months later for a fraction of the cost. I actually see these both selling out...and then selling for more later on.[/QUOTE]

I would almost bet they do sell out. Just because GT series is more of a higher breed of game and alot of people that really get into it, really get into it. Its not like a halo or call of duty thats more mainstream.

Im going to get it. And while its expensive the car is one of the best quality items Ive seen come with a special edition. 96% of the time when your lucky enough to get more than just a stupid steelbook, crappy 3 page artbook or a bonus disc 7 minutes long of the devs jerking off to how awesome they are you dont get anything good with games.

Still love my god of war 3 ultimate edition, the box looks cool and this looks like it will be of equal quality.

[quote name='powercreep']Keychain - pass
Book - pass
Certificate of Authenticity - pass
DLC - that's a whopping $2.50 you'd get there if it were priced like Forza, but something tells me GT5 DLC will be more expensive.
Small toy car - pass
GT5 - want
I fail to see where this is a good deal for myself. I'll stick with the regular version. Maybe Amazon will have an account credit for it or something. Good luck to those who want it.[/QUOTE]

What wouldn't you pass on, then?

[quote name='powercreep']Keychain - Definitely want
Book - want
Certificate of Authenticity - want
DLC - want
Small toy car Limited Edition Diecast car - want
GT5 - want[/QUOTE]

My take...

[quote name='limelight022']Surprising...I figured the deluxe edition would have included a refund of the demo game and...

[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Sony: "Let's release a demo and make some cash. Our fanboys will buy a demo for $40. Yes, that will compensate for our $120 loss on every PS3 console".

Sony fanboy: "I will buy this. I can afford $40 because I cannot wait for the full release. Look at those graphics, wow. $40 well spent".

Ok, enough trolling. :lol:

Just to put things in perspective, GT5P had 76 cars 6 tracks/12 layouts, and online play. So $40 for that isn't too bad considering what your average demo allows. From a business perspective, GT5P is a great idea. It's sold something like 3.5 million copies, which let's say at an average profit (for Sony) of $15 per copy...that's $52,500,000 :D So GT5P basically paid for the development costs of GT5 and we all know the game is going to go on to sell a shitload of copies. I'd venture to say at least 4-5 million over its lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Just to put things in perspective, GT5P had 76 cars 6 tracks/12 layouts, and online play. So $40 for that isn't too bad considering what your average demo allows. From a business perspective, GT5P is a great idea. It's sold something like 3.5 million copies, which let's say at an average profit (for Sony) of $125 per copy...that's $52,500,000 :D So GT5P basically paid for the development costs of GT5 and we all know the game is going to go on to sell a shitload of copies. I'd venture to say at least 4-5 million over its lifetime.[/QUOTE]

you probably meant $15 a copy.

either way youre wrong. sony probably made 5$ profit...

i support that gt5p was a decent stand alone game. it was better than most of the racing games that come out.

GT5 is going to sell way more than 5 million over its life cycle. It's Sony's most popular franchise. I'd estimating around 8-10 million. Prologue is over 4 million already (close to 5 perhaps), and that's for a so called "demo". It's funny too, people in Europe never bitched when they got Prologue for GT4, but leave it to Americans I guess.

[quote name='postulio']you probably meant $15 a copy.

either way youre wrong. sony probably made 5$ profit...

i support that gt5p was a decent stand alone game. it was better than most of the racing games that come out.[/QUOTE]

I meant $15, yes. But on average, retailers take a 27-33% cut on games (this was from research done about 2 years ago). So considering the game has been on shelves for a couple years, I assumed $15 profit on average.

To answer the limited edition question about knowing which games can go for more after market, I believe it has to have a few requirements to be a safe investment.

If they can only be bought directly from the game company website that usually limits their production run. For example, the EA Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition of 1,000 (these cost $150 but sell over $400 when you can find one) and the Capcom Super Street Fighter Dojo Edition where it was said to be less than 1,000 (cost $80 and I sold mine for $240).

Also, if the game company is not a huge distributor that floods the market with their CE like Atlus, then their CE will go up like you seen with Demon's Souls.

I am a CE, LE, UE junkie and I admit that I have had more misses like Bio2, any UBI CE, GOW 3 UE, etc... and the common denominator for safe investments for me seems to be the above requirements.

[quote name='Serpentor']Aside from the model car, there's a 300 page book about cars and mechanics what not, but yeah, $100 is still something to consider, especially i told myself not to get into the CE LE UE craves anymore.[/QUOTE]
Kyosho stuff costs about 100 dollars alone so this is actually a great deal. It's like the Nendroid Puchi's in some of the recent Japanese games.

[quote name='oasisboy']QFT.

Sony: "Let's release a demo and make some cash. Our fanboys will buy a demo for $40. Yes, that will compensate for our $120 loss on every PS3 console".

Sony fanboy: "I will buy this. I can afford $40 because I cannot wait for the full release. Look at those graphics, wow. $40 well spent".

Ok, enough trolling. :lol:[/QUOTE]

GT5 Prologue is a good game and worth the discounted price. Prologue wasn't something Sony forced on PlaySation, it was something demanded by the GT community.

[quote name='gargus']I would almost bet they do sell out. Just because GT series is more of a higher breed of game and alot of people that really get into it, really get into it. Its not like a halo or call of duty thats more mainstream.

Im going to get it. And while its expensive the car is one of the best quality items Ive seen come with a special edition. 96% of the time when your lucky enough to get more than just a stupid steelbook, crappy 3 page artbook or a bonus disc 7 minutes long of the devs jerking off to how awesome they are you dont get anything good with games.

Still love my god of war 3 ultimate edition, the box looks cool and this looks like it will be of equal quality.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you about this. Special editions for other games are just lame with exactly what you said. An art book which i would proably just skim through, a metalic cover sleeve, and a dvd on how there game is the best. GT5 seems different because you actually get physical stuff. A diecast car which i will display, a 300 page guide which sounds like it will be helpful, a keychain sounds useful, a voucher for DLC nice i'm going to buy it anyway, a ceritificate of purchase which means there will be a limited few.

Have they even announced how many they are making yet?

After the MW2 Prestige (can be had for $70 on eBay) and the Halo 3 Legendary (can be had for $30 on eBay), I'm not going anywhere near this until their print run gets announced. The only redeeming fact so far is that GS is the only retailer that is selling it.

[quote name='rp71284']Have they even announced how many they are making yet?

After the MW2 Prestige (can be had for $70 on eBay) and the Halo 3 Legendary (can be had for $30 on eBay), I'm not going anywhere near this until their print run gets announced. The only redeeming fact so far is that GS is the only retailer that is selling it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon and other retailers will be selling it as well. They just haven't opened their pre-orders yet.

Wow, I haven't played GT since GT2 and looking at this preorder has finally got me excited enough to want to get GT5... but I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $ for the CE, when in the end the game (not CE) will most likely be $20 after some xmas/black friday deal within a month of release...

[quote name='callmewoof']Wow, I haven't played GT since GT2 and looking at this preorder has finally got me excited enough to want to get GT5... but I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $ for the CE, when in the end the game (not CE) will most likely be $20 after some xmas/black friday deal within a month of release...[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if it gets that kind of drop so soon after release. This isn't Ubisoft or THQ we're talking about here. Sony first party titles rarely get any early price drops or sales.

Considering this is a numbered set I wouldn't compare it to the MW2 or Halo 3 Legendary either. I think it will be much harder to find after it's released

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'd be surprised if it gets that kind of drop so soon after release. This isn't Ubisoft or THQ we're talking about here. Sony first party titles rarely get any early price drops or sales.

Considering this is a numbered set I wouldn't compare it to the MW2 or Halo 3 Legendary either. I think it will be much harder to find after it's released[/QUOTE]

It's not hand numbered though. A machine just automatically prints the number on the certificate. They could do a million copies if they wanted with little effort. I'm sure they will do at least 100K and maybe more. God of War III CE is still available and dropped to about $60 at Walmart and Frys. I doubt this will be much more rare.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not hand numbered though. A machine just automatically prints the number on the certificate. They could do a million copies if they wanted with little effort. I'm sure they will do at least 100K and maybe more. God of War III CE is still available and dropped to about $60 at Walmart and Frys. I doubt this will be much more rare.[/QUOTE]

Was the God of War III set numbered? Theoretically there could be a million of these, but considering the highly detailed model car I just don't see it happening. It's anyone's guess I suppose and we won't truly know how limited they are until after it's release

Just to play devil's advocate, that Devil Summoner game that came with the plushie was numbered and even up until somewhat recently, people were finding them for sale either in-store or online.

bread's done
Back