Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

centracore

CAGiversary!
Came out today in Japan.

I took the plunge for 4,500 yen and so far I'm loving it.

There's about 50 cars and 10 tracks with multiplayer being added on December 25th. Additional future updates include real-time weather and car damage.

CAG GT5P RACING LEAGUE
psn name (cag name)

centracore (centracore)

Here are some pics I took of my LCD HDTV while running GT5P in 720p... hope they give an alright idea of what you can expect:
82to51l.jpg

73aw80k.jpg

81s7o0w.jpg

6l1m58j.jpg

716x01f.jpg

73niplv.jpg

8bo11me.jpg

[quote name='Zoglog']uh, I thought prologue was going to be free............[/QUOTE]
Why would Sony give something as cool as this away for free? You're probably thinking of the demo of this game that's been out for a year now.

Shit, that's $40. Seems like a lot of money to DL a racing game online that has only 10 tracks and has the posibility of nickel and diming you to death. Hope it's cheaper here...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Whew I won for $47 yesterday on eBay! I hope it Region Free![/quote]

I believe the both the Japan and Asian versions are region free :D

On a side note I'm going to edit the OP to include the PSN names of anyone who has it so we can race come December 25th! Just post something if you want to be added.

Does anybody know when it comes out stateside? I'll bite for $20-25 but at fourty, I'll pass for what is basically a demo.

no, I know GTA HD was free but I thought prologue was going to be as well. After all it's just a demo for GT5..............

If that's the case i'll just wait for GT5, which will be about what? 3 years from now? lols

Fifty cars and ten tracks is insane for a demo. That's as big as a full game in and of itself. Remember when we paid for something like Cruisin USA? That had far less then this game. But it is an arcade racer...... But I'm conflicted. The US release should be about 25-30 dollars max if they intend to sell it.

[quote name='Paco']Fifty cars and ten tracks is insane for a demo. That's as big as a full game in and of itself. Remember when we paid for something like Cruisin USA? That had far less then this game. But it is an arcade racer...... But I'm conflicted. The US release should be about 25-30 dollars max if they intend to sell it.[/quote]

The US has never gotten Prologue for any GT game AFAIK. If we do, maybe it'll be download only, as in no retail version. That's just a guess.

At 40 it's still to steep to justify a purchase, but if it's cheaper on PSN I may bite.

The trailers I've been seeing has got me really pumped for this and the eventual GT5.

bread's done
Back