Gran Turismo 6: leaked by newegg?

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
GT6 for PS3

I'm a bit shocked if it won't be dual released as PS4 launch title. Surely polyphony would have been one of the first to know or have a dev kit? Of course, they have never had a GT made in time for launch. They are the valve of the console world... "its done when its done"

Honestly...PS3 makes the most sense. PD has been working on it for at least a couple of years now, improving the engine. I would predict GT7 on PS4 in 2015-2016.

I could see them doing a PS3 version only with how much time they've had to invest. If that's the case then it'll definitely be a while until we see GT7 on ps4.

Given how disappointing GT5 was, I can't say I'm excited for GT... anything. TBH, I'd rather see it on a next gen console so that I don't have to sit through loading periods everything I press a button in the menus.

I wonder if Sony actually broke even on GT5, given it was rumored to be one of the most expensive games ever made.

I love me some Gran Turismo, and as bad as the launch of GT5 was, and "standard" cars, I didn't mind. PD didn't get enough credit for fixing the menu navigation with patches, but overall I agree it was a bit of a mess with all the standard installs. Still a great racing game though...Nurburgring in the rain? Nuff said. It actually matters what tires you use and what line you take as asphalt that is worn and wet is slippery...crazy shit.

I agree, and it seems Newegg does too, GT6 on PS3 makes sense, especially when they will sell 10 times the amount on PS3 compared to a launch window on PS4. More Gran Turismo? Yes please!

[quote name='Vinny']Given how disappointing GT5 was, I can't say I'm excited for GT... anything. TBH, I'd rather see it on a next gen console so that I don't have to sit through loading periods everything I press a button in the menus.

I wonder if Sony actually broke even on GT5, given it was rumored to be one of the most expensive games ever made.[/QUOTE]

The game was rumored to have cost roughly $100 million from start to finish. However, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sold over 4 million copies, which at $30 a piece (average?) still comes out to roughly $120 million...and then the full release of GT5 went on so sell roughly 9 million copies. So yeah, it definitely broke even and brought back a nice profit for Sony and PD.

[quote name='SynGamer']Honestly...PS3 makes the most sense. PD has been working on it for at least a couple of years now, improving the engine. I would predict GT7 on PS4 in 2015-2016.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, with it on the PS3 a lot of the work is already done. The engine is done, car models are done, tracks are done.

It's more about tweaking and adding some new cars/tracks and shouldn't take nearly as long if it will be on the PS3.

I don't think so as PD always give a lot of time to their project, IIRC back in 2004 they showed how GT would run on PSP ppl were hyped over that shit, well it took them 5-6 years of waiting before they can finally play it on PSP, it was a mediocre though.

I'll be getting it. I'm desperately looking for something new to use with my Driving Force GT. Anyone have any recommendations in the meantime besides GT5 and the F1 series?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'll be getting it. I'm desperately looking for something new to use with my Driving Force GT. Anyone have any recommendations in the meantime besides GT5 and the F1 series?[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the DFGT. What I really need is a Playseat or other similar racing seat. Something that can *kinda* be packed away/folded/something so as not to use up a lot of space.

[quote name='SynGamer']Ditto on the DFGT. What I really need is a Playseat or other similar racing seat. Something that can *kinda* be packed away/folded/something so as not to use up a lot of space.[/QUOTE]

I have a playseat and I love it. It doesn't pack away easily but if you have a corner to slide it into when you're not using it, it doesn't take up all that much space. Totally worth it.

bread's done
Back