Gran Turismo Prologue $10 at walmart.com!!!!!

[quote name='lunasicc']Thanks op. Not really a deal anymore. I remember getting it for that price 2 years ago at Radio Shack.[/QUOTE]

How is this not a deal? It's still $20+ at most place.

[quote name='Fearbeard']How is this not a deal? It's still $20+ at most place.[/QUOTE]

this is basically a demo, prologue!

[quote name='CaoPi']this is basically a demo, prologue![/QUOTE]

Biggest, most comprehensive demo in the history of demos. And a demo that lets you save progress and purchase and collect cars and easily offers dozens of hours of gameplay. 74 cars, and six tracks with 12 layouts. So if that is what you call a demo...

Anyway, GT5 P is the game that got me into driving games. I say that even after spending about a dozen hours playing Forza 2, and at least that long playing Forza 3. I know everybody loves Forza, but I just didn't feel it. I really tried to get into Forza, but I just never did.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Couldn't they have just messed up and accidentally priced gt5 at $10, now that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was hoping when I came in this thread lol

I remember seeing a Greatest Hits version of this with the red case. Is there any reason to get this before getting Gran Turismo 5, like unlock bonus content or something?

[quote name='KiySeph']Is there a reason to still get this if Gran Turismo 5 is already out?[/QUOTE]

Well, this is cheapass gamer, so if you wanted to wait for GT5 to drop in price, or don't plan on getting it right away, then yes. GT5P is a good racer, and for $11 I don't see how you can go wrong.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer'] Is there any reason to get this before getting Gran Turismo 5, like unlock bonus content or something?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just get GT5 if you can, it is amazing.

You can import cars from GT PSP though if you have that. I've yet to do it though because a friend of mine said you can only use the cars you import in arcade mode and I don't really care about arcade mode.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Couldn't they have just messed up and accidentally priced gt5 at $10, now that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

haha! Seriously.

Well I pre-ordered GT5 for $40 on Amazon, and they sent me $10 game credit, and a free DLC car (Best Buy also gave me a DLC car for free as well)...I put both my DLC cars on ebay (I doubt I'd ever use it, with over 1000 cars already in the game) and they're both going for over $20 each!

if one was the Mclaren F1 Stealth then you made a mistake, it is an absolutely unbelievable car that will get you very far in the game.

[quote name='pun123']if one was the Mclaren F1 Stealth then you made a mistake, it is an absolutely unbelievable car that will get you very far in the game.[/QUOTE]

While I completely agree that the Mclaren F1 is an absolutely unbelievable car, the pre-order cars aren't that great of an advantage in the game. Since you can't sell them in the game they don't do you much good except for in the few events they can be used for. If you could sell the cars for a large sum of money then I could see them being a much greater advantage.

[quote name='KiySeph']Is there a reason to still get this if Gran Turismo 5 is already out?[/QUOTE]

I checked & every single track in Prologue is in GT5, & I'm pretty sure of the 1000 cars in GT5, the ones that were in Prologue are all in there.

I just bought it, came out to about $13 shipped. I wanted a racing game and didn't want to spend a lot in case I get bored with it, so why not get one of the best racing games available.

Everyone keeps saying "why would anyone buy this?!?!?"

I for one think it's a decent idea...I'll bet there are TONS of people out there that want GT5, but would never ever make a dent in the game. In other words, they buy it and play it for 10 hours and only get to see 20% of the game anyway.

So for those people that KNOW they'll put GT5 back on the shelf before seeing most of the game anyway, why not just snag GT5 Prologue for $11 instead?

[quote name='chopper731']While I completely agree that the Mclaren F1 is an absolutely unbelievable car, the pre-order cars aren't that great of an advantage in the game. Since you can't sell them in the game they don't do you much good except for in the few events they can be used for. If you could sell the cars for a large sum of money then I could see them being a much greater advantage.[/QUOTE]

Only if had pre-ordered GT5 from Walmart, the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth bonus would have paid for the game over and beyond. It's currently fetching $100-200 on ebay. :whistle2:#

It's probably the most expensive DLC bonus so far.

[quote name='eau']Only if had pre-ordered GT5 from Walmart, the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth bonus would have paid for the game over and beyond. It's currently fetching $100-200 on ebay. :whistle2:#

It's probably the most expensive DLC bonus so far.[/QUOTE]
wow who would pay that much for just a virtual car :hot:

[quote name='BigBizzee']Everyone keeps saying "why would anyone buy this?!?!?"

I for one think it's a decent idea...I'll bet there are TONS of people out there that want GT5, but would never ever make a dent in the game. In other words, they buy it and play it for 10 hours and only get to see 20% of the game anyway.

So for those people that KNOW they'll put GT5 back on the shelf before seeing most of the game anyway, why not just snag GT5 Prologue for $11 instead?[/QUOTE]

I guess I might pick this game up. This is very similar to what happened to me and Project Gotham Racing 2. I played it for Geometry Wars, test drove as many cars as I could, and didn't really mess with the career mode that much.

This should be enough, least until Gran Turismo 5 goes down in price.

Amazon has "price-matched" this deal. Tried to cancel my walmart order so I could order it from Amazon and not pay tax/shipping, but their site wouldn't let me do it. Not really worth the effort for $2 anyway really.

[quote name='VaultDweller']wow who would pay that much for just a virtual car :hot:[/QUOTE]
only an idiot...
They eventually ended up turning the GT PSP pre-order cars into a free dlc pack. They will more then likely do the same for the GT5 pre-order cars

bread's done
Back