Gran Turismo (PSP) $19.99 @ Fry's B&M (10/16 - 10/22)

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Should be in the other Fry's ads around the country, but the Mercury News ad shows that GT is only $20 for today only. Only weird thing is that it says PS3 on the left side.

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=8444172&advid=32664&type=

shit, i'd be all over that if it was a) digital copy or applied to DD card as well and b) able to be price-matched somewhere like BB.

And maybe it says PS3 b/c it was supposed to be Prologue and someone put up the wrong cover art. This seems more reasonable than a 2 week old game at half off..but then again, it's a 1-day only sale...

[quote name='dumlaox']Interesting. I wonder if this applies to the download card version as well or just the UMD version.[/QUOTE]

almost certainly just the UMD-I don't think the cards are treated the same way as physical inventory.

This might be a local deal only. I just called the Fry's in San Diego, CA and they're telling me it's still $39.99 for the UMD version of the game. Same story with the San Marcos, CA Fry's store.

There could still be hope for tomorrow. After all, that's when Fry's usually puts up their ads.

Grrrr...just stopped in my Fry's on my way to work not knowing about this deal...arrgh...won't get back there tonight.

This is a great deal. If anyone is wiling to pick up an extra copy for a guy living in a no-Fry's zone, PM me. We can make an arrangement for a trade or PayPal (cost + shipping, etc.). Thanks!

Still a deal at 39.99. I hadn't played my PSP for almost a year, until this game came out and now I can't put it down. One of the few games I have no problem paying retail price and I am a huge CAG.

[quote name='pun123']Still a deal at 39.99. I hadn't played my PSP for almost a year, until this game came out and now I can't put it down. One of the few games I have no problem paying retail price and I am a huge CAG.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input because I was debating if I should even get at $19.99 after reading some not too favorable reviews. I might just pick it up tonight. Anyone else with pos or neg input?

Earthshattering deal. OMGWTFLOL! Just kidding, very solid deal though even though it is only for one day. Would jump all over this if I had money or a Fry's within a 13,000 mile distance. It would take me all day just to get there.

Sunnyvale CA - Call the store first for inventory since I picked up the last one on the shelf last night. I would think they restocked though or maybe they had more in back(?)

Very nice. You could even PM this to BB to get a little extra off. Of course, you need to torture the employees enough to PM anything for you. Personally, I like to beat them with a sock full of batteries.

Just my two cents on this game: I got it today and I haven't put it down yet. If you like GT games, then I see no reason to pick this up, especially at this price.

[quote name='AshesofWake']sucks for those with PSP GO's.....[/QUOTE]

Well, at Target they had both the UMDs and download cards available and I bet they would honor either one. I went back and forth about which to get but decided on the UMD since it has some intrinsic trade-in value in case I don't like it.
Of course there are plenty of other reasons why it sucks to own a PSPgo.

[quote name='bronxbombas']Just my two cents on this game: I got it today and I haven't put it down yet. If you like GT games, then I see no reason not to pick this up, especially at this price.[/QUOTE]
Fixed ;)

I probably would pick it up if I have errands that bring me to the nearby Fry's 70 miles away one way. Probably not.

[quote name='Decker']Well, at Target they had both the UMDs and download cards available and I bet they would honor either one. I went back and forth about which to get but decided on the UMD since it has some intrinsic trade-in value in case I don't like it.[/QUOTE]

i might have to take that 'bet' if BB doesn't PM the digital copy, I hope you're right! :lol:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Very nice. You could even PM this to BB to get a little extra off. Of course, you need to torture the employees enough to PM anything for you. Personally, I like to beat them with a sock full of batteries.[/QUOTE]

I feel like we've had this conversation before. Best Buy doesn't do the additional 10% of the difference anymore. They will, however, match and give you RZ points.

Success! was able to grab the download card at BB w/ PM from Fry's in Sugar Land, TX. I was up front and explained to her that there are two versions of the game, one with the disc (UMD) and one on a card that is download only. She just asked if both were the same price when not on sale ($40), I said yes, and she didn't have a problem with it. Totally made my day, had no intention of getting this b/c GT is for enthusiasts and pretty difficult for me, but for that price I had to see what its all about!

bread's done
Back