Gran Turismo PSP - 800 cars, 35 tracks & 60 layout variants - 1/14: Free Car Pack DLC

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
From the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 52 million units worldwide, Polyphony Digital Inc.(PDI), the award-winning Gran Turismo™ franchise is now on PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) for the first time. Developed exclusively for PSP by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo™ is built for optimal performance and fun racing excitement on the portable platform. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo on the PSP is no exception and offers an authentic and accessible racing product for the series’ millions of fans and newcomers alike.

Gran Turismo features more than 800 vehicle models from the world’s top manufacturers (over 4,500 total paint variations) and more than 30 tracks (60+ total layouts), including famous world circuits, city courses and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and game modes to suit all levels of play, Gran Turismo is a great introduction to the best-selling series for newcomers. Additionally, seasoned Gran Turismo fans will recognize the depth of content and unparalleled visuals the series is known for, including graphics running at a stunning 60 frames per second. Gran Turismo is truly a next generation PSP title.

Players can progress and acquire cars in Challenge Mode throughout more than 100 events in, or they can explore different tracks and circuits in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online in Ad Hoc Mode against up to 3 others (4 total) via the PSP’s built-in ad hoc functionality. The first in the Gran Turismo series is the ability to trade and share unlocked vehicles with others online via ad hoc mode. This feature is not available in any other racing game on PSP.

Available on UMD® and as a downloadable product via PLAYSTATION®Network, Gran Turismo will be available in North America just after the October 1, 2009 release of the newest member of the PlayStation®Portable family, the PSP go. The PSP go is the smallest and sleekest PSP system to date and leverages PlayStation Network and digital content exclusively. UMD support guarantees that all PSP owners can play Gran Turismo on the go.

KEY FEATURES
· Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. for PSP – Gran Turismo’s debut on PSP is developed by the internal team behind the world’s best-selling racing series.
· Over 800 vehicle models – Players can race their favorite vehicles from the top manufacturers around the globe, including Ferrari, Nissan, and more. The vehicle model count climbs to over 4,500 when the various paint configurations are included.
· Over 30 Tracks from Around the World – Famous circuits and some of the favorite environments from the Gran Turismo series have been optimized for racing on PSP.
· Share and Trade Vehicles with Others – For the first time in the Gran Turismo series, players can share and trade the vehicles they have acquired throughout the game with others via PSP’s ad hoc mode. Certain vehicles will be acquired by trade only, so players will want to trade and share in order to virtually drive all of the meticulously designed vehicle models.
· Dynamic Vehicle Roster – Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally.
· Available via UMD and PlayStation Network – Offering convenience, choice and options for owners of the original PSP or the newly announced PSP go.
I'll post the trailer when I see it on GT.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50376.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying there are "4500" vehicle models due to paint is dumb

4 player online is weak sauce

Ill still probably get it since I only have like 4 games for the system.

played the demo at E3. It felt pretty dang right IMO. Especially for GT on PSP, but...it is a little hard for me to be excited about GT on PSP, after playing Forza 3 and seeing the GT5 sizzle reel. But some portable GT is a good thing too. It would be sweet if it "talked" to GT5 and you could continue your career or something between the two.

[quote name='bsesb2003']THis game's late...not Nuke Dukem Forever late, but nonetheless late.[/QUOTE]

On top of it being late I feel the general PSP gaming population has a bad taste in its mouth from the PSP Go.

[quote name='Malik112099']On top of it being late I feel the general PSP gaming population has a bad taste in its mouth from the PSP Go.[/QUOTE]

I dont really see the two being related and if that truly is the case then the PSP gaming population should get over its collective self.

I strongly dislike the price point on the PSPGo and have no intentions of picking one up until the price drops significantly. However, my current PSP is completely capable of playing every game announced at E3 and perhaps some that the Go cannot (see Invizimals) so I see no reason why such announcements would color my perception of a title.

I am getting this game day one and believe it will be more than worth the wait, if the hands-on impressions are to be believed.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I dont really see the two being related and if that truly is the case then the PSP gaming population should get over its collective self. [/QUOTE]

Lets say some huge GT series fan has been waiting a few years to get their hands on some GT action on the go I could see how the PSP Go could hamper their thoughts on getting the system. They don't want a PSP-3000 cause it is old and on the other hand the PSP Go is too expensive and doesnt have an optical drive. So potential newcomers to the PSP could be turned off to buying the system for a particular game due to the current hardware.

[quote name='Malik112099']Lets say some huge GT series fan has been waiting a few years to get their hands on some GT action on the go I could see how the PSP Go could hamper their thoughts on getting the system. They don't want a PSP-3000 cause it is old and on the other hand the PSP Go is too expensive and doesnt have an optical drive. So potential newcomers to the PSP could be turned off to buying the system for a particular game due to the current hardware.[/QUOTE]

Not getting something just because it is "old" is just silly. I have a hard time believing such people exist. To be really excited about a game, enough to want to buy a system, and yet so turned off by using the "older" system that they avoid the gaming experience altogether?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Not getting something just because it is "old" is just silly. I have a hard time believing such people exist. To be really excited about a game, enough to want to buy a system, and yet so turned off by using the "older" system that they avoid the gaming experience altogether?[/QUOTE]

You cant be serious. I bet there are TONS of people holding off on buying iphones right now in anticipation of the 3rd version. You dont think that people looking into buying some sort of electronic/technology device dont find out a newer version is due out soon and wait a little while for it? You dont think people wanting a car this year wait till next because a redesign is due out next year? People wait to buy shit cause they dont want the older model ALL THE TIME. I didnt have a DS Fat. When I became interested in the DS I found out the DS Lite was coming out and guess fucking what? I waited and got a DS Lite.

No one is avoiding the gaming experience. They just put it off till later to experience it on a newer device.

Seriously...if I didnt have a PSP by now I wouldnt buy one for GT. I would wait for the PSP and hope for a significant hardware change/upgrade. By then GT will be dirt cheap and hopefully GT2 would be on the horizon.

I have friends a WHOLE generation behind because they dont want to pay the current prices. Once next gen comes they will hop into an Xbox 360 or PS3 and then get all the same great games/experiences that we are having now for a fraction of the price.

Even though the IGN review was bad.

(Cut and paste from locked thread)

I'm still buying it. The dude that reviewed it gave it a low score just for no career mode. The game still looks and plays great. Kazunori Yamauchi intended this game to be a pick up and play with many cars and tracks. Not a big career game like the consoles. If you want the full package. You buy Gran Turismo 5.

Also would you do a endurance race on PSP?

I just started playing this and it's a bit of a disappointment in its features, but the racing itself is still fun. I took down some times for loading to see how much they improve after I install it to the memory stick. It's about 35 seconds to get into a race and about ten just to load up the car model when in the dealership, so I'm hoping the ~900 MB install that takes about an hour to do dramatically reduces those times.

Does anybody here have the PSN version of the game? I'm wondering if the install option (last tab of the settings menu) is still there and if it'll let you install what is already on the memory stick/hard drive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] Does anybody here have the PSN version of the game? I'm wondering if the install option (last tab of the settings menu) is still there and if it'll let you install what is already on the memory stick/hard drive.[/QUOTE]
I checked out the Giantbomb Quick look and they spotted that option while playing the digital version. But They didn't try to do anything with it.

The install dramatically reduces load times for the UMD version, from 35 seconds to 10 seconds to load up a race. So either the PSN version or a large memory stick is necessary for the best experience. The custom soundtrack option is nice, though I wish it extended to playing over everything rather than just races.

Installs on PSP to me is new. I heard Soul Calibur had the feature too. Maybe I should upgrade to 16 gigs sometime.

I think you need to beat the B series of Driver Challenges to unlock the custom soundtrack feature. Then you just enable it in the settings and it should be good to go as long as you have your songs unsorted in the base Music folder on the PSP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think you need to beat the B series of Driver Challenges to unlock the custom soundtrack feature. Then you just enable it in the settings and it should be good to go as long as you have your songs unsorted in the base Music folder on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

What kind of Nintendo bullshit is that ?

GT looks awesome. Haven't brought it yet though, just haven't really bothered. However, I heard something about being about to transfer cars from this PSP game to the PS3 game when it comes out. If that's so, I'll buy it just for that.

[quote name='saturnotaku']I'm buying a PSP just for this game.[/QUOTE]

Ha, that's one of the main reasons why I bought mine... over 4 years ago on launch day. It took them long enough. :roll:

[quote name='Mugen Power']Ha, that's one of the main reasons why I bought mine... over 4 years ago on launch day. It took them long enough. :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Mine's sitting in the trunk of my car right now. I'm hoping it doesn't have the scan lines issue I've been reading about. The manager at Gamestop let me try out a used PSP-3000 they had, and it was fine. Hopefully, the GT bundle ones will be as good.

Even though it's missing a career mode, I love this game, I can run a quick race before I go to bed. I got about a million credits, any suggestions for cars?

While I've not played the game too much, I like what I've seen so far. Expectations were understandably high, given the extraordinary development time. I can see why so many critics would be disappointed. I think it would have been more highly received if it didn't have the Gran Turismo name on it. Were this a Need for Speed title, it would probably have been hailed as the greatest racing game to ever come out on a handheld system.

[quote name='Malik112099']Getting gold on some of these driver challenges is fucking impossible[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's been a while since I played but it definitely got to a point where I just said, "That's good enough!" and stopped messing with anything outside of just normal races. I think those times were set magically by a race car driver using a wheel hooked up to the PSP.

Still, the variety of cars is very impressive. I'll never get all 800 of them. I just wish they had included a campaign type mode like the PS1/2 Gran Turismos.

It's basically just arcade mode from GT4 (if it had one, GT2 had one I know). Pick a car, pick a track, then you race. The only real difference is how you pick the car, rather than any, you have to buy them in a rather ridiculous manner (having to wait for the dealership to be available and hope you have enough money).

Got my copy for 9.99. Great pick up and play. Grab a favorite car, do a few races, put it down.

Bear in mind, they aren't really cars, they are car colors. That said they get added so you don't have to buy them, so...

[quote name='DiscoJer']Bear in mind, they aren't really cars, they are car colors. That said they get added so you don't have to buy them, so...[/QUOTE]
They are really cars, which are added to your collection as gifts when you start it up next.

bread's done
Back