Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $29.99 w/ free shipping @ Buy.com

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $29.99 w/ free shipping* @ Buy.com

LINK

Comparison:
$34.99 @ Amazon.com
$34.99 @ Newegg.com
$34.99 @ Gamestop.com

The game is getting a lot of great reviews.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/grandtheftautochinatownwars?q=chinatown wars

:EDIT:
*Make sure you select the "Budget Shipping (7 to 9 business days)" option at checkout.
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Bloody fantastic share, thanks!!

highly recommend this to anyone and everyone who has a ds.

I had the chance to play it on a demo station in the Nintendo World store in NYC yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Man GTA games are overrated. I'm sure this is a good game, but a 9.5 from IGN?[/quote]

I would tend to agree. That's why I'm holding off on buying it until it gets cheaper. It looks like an interesting change from the main console games, but ever since GTAIV got so many high scores (and is actually the 3rd highest rated game ever if you combine the two versions) and I found it to be so dull and repetitive.

And while it may be crazy that IGN gave it a 9.5, Eurogamer gave it a 10, though of course Eurogamer's scores seem to be chosen at random, as they give a few lenient scores but then go really hardcore on some games

You play as Huang Lee. I'm surprised Rockstar didn't go "all out" (again) and name the character Huang Long.

My Goozex experience with GTA:CW tonight @ 11:59pm:

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5, "Add to requests" greenlights, clicked....#5 in line 1 second after midnight. (and #6 in line for Henry Hatsworth 3 seconds after midnight)

[quote name='Kerig']You play as Huang Lee. I'm surprised Rockstar didn't go "all out" (again) and name the character Huang Long.

My Goozex experience with GTA:CW tonight @ 11:59pm:

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5, "Add to requests" greenlights, clicked....#5 in line 1 second after midnight. (and #6 in line for Henry Hatsworth 3 seconds after midnight)[/QUOTE]

hey if you got gamefly, and been with them for awhile, and have the 10% off its 26.99 Keep It price. I have 5 Dollars Gamefly bucks so I know where thats going to.

Anyone know if the DS version is supposed to be as frustrating as the console versions? I've always had a huge interest in the GTA series, but have always been turned off by how wonky controls, excessive physics, lack of checkpoints, etc. make the GTA games irritatingly difficult.

IGN's review makes it sound like the DS version is less guilty of these things, but they also fail to mention anything about the controls other than stylus use.

Metacritic score: 95 based of 13 reviews. Thanx OP....just in time for the lil bro's birthday!!!
EDIT: I see the OP has this info already....well I posted the score for the lazy, and thanx again CAG.

[quote name='AwRy108']Anyone know if the DS version is supposed to be as frustrating as the console versions? I've always had a huge interest in the GTA series, but have always been turned off by how wonky controls, excessive physics, lack of checkpoints, etc. make the GTA games irritatingly difficult.

IGN's review makes it sound like the DS version is less guilty of these things, but they also fail to mention anything about the controls other than stylus use.[/quote]

It's been frustrating for me learning the controls. I've been playing it for a few days now and I can honestly say it's yet another iteration in the GTA series. I do enjoy the nostalgia of the top-down though. It does have an auto-save option, no checkpoints in missions for me (at least yet). You do use the stylus to check emails, and switch weapons, and when you're in your crib/hideout.

Overall it's a fun game but I'd definitely wait until it was under the $20-$25 mark.

I love that the touch screen controls were designed around you using your THUMB, not the stylus.

Targeting is lockon based using the R button, then you swap lockons by holding L and pressing Left/Right. So you see a group of enemies, you hold R and it randomly picks a character (sound familiar?) and then you have to "L + Direction" to pick the one you want. It's got me shot a few times, but overall, it's good.

Despite a few control quirks, it's a mind blowing game. It is a *real* GTA game.

Looks like a really good game, plus it has 95% in metacritic, biggest suprise of the year .

But hopefully, this critics weren't on crack this time, like they were with GTA6

[quote name='EmilyBabe']I love this game. I play this game at my friend's house all the time. And I'm a girl![/quote]

hahah, does "all the time" mean one and a half days? Considering it was released yesterday...:roll:

[quote name='EmilyBabe']I love this game. I play this game at my friend's house all the time. And I'm a girl![/QUOTE]

1. Ok, good?
2. Wha?! It's been out for a day...
3. Irrelevant.

Thanks for trying.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']It's been frustrating for me learning the controls. I've been playing it for a few days now and I can honestly say it's yet another iteration in the GTA series. I do enjoy the nostalgia of the top-down though. It does have an auto-save option, no checkpoints in missions for me (at least yet). You do use the stylus to check emails, and switch weapons, and when you're in your crib/hideout.

Overall it's a fun game but I'd definitely wait until it was under the $20-$25 mark.[/quote]

Thank you SO MUCH for your reply: it just saved me from wasting $30 on a game that I'd probably play for 20 minutes and then get fed up with.

Like you suggested, I'm gonna wait until I can snag this for $20 or less.

Again, your reply was much appreciated.

bread's done
Back